Obama knows we're racist

Our country was surprised when President Obama recently spoke about racism and, obviously, this is the way he felt all his life, and it is also the way I feel.

We have lynched, cracked heads, dragged blacks out of diners and shoved them into jail. For decades we and the world saw horrendous pictures, barbarism and J. Edgar Hoover’s FBI looking the other way. President Kennedy was aware, but there was nothing he could do without losing the Democratic South. He had to die to give us Lyndon Johnson, who immediately implemented civil and voting rights laws with the unanimous vote from both houses. He was well aware that the South was lost, but he ended his speech about the laws with a hopeful phrase: “We shall overcome.”

President Obama knows we are racists. The country knows it, and the world knows it. We are hypocrites. Recently Paula Deen lost most of her sponsors for having used the N-word in the past – a word that is constantly on our racist minds. We are so very careful of our political correctness, but blacks – sorry, “African-Americans” – are and will remain second-class citizens.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 11:48 am
I put a lot of credence to

I put a lot of credence to the monozygotic twin studies. I haven't studied the issue for awhile. But I personally believe intelligence is likely genetic and I really question this notion of neuroplasticity and we can increase our fluid intelligence (the vast majority of studies question that and there are too few supporting it). Of course with knowledge and education you can increase your crystalline intelligence.
I became interested in the topic after IQ testing. A good friend and I apparently have a high IQ (really shocked me and him because we both were struggling in school-his IQ was higher than mine). I'm not bragging I didn't do it-its genetic. We both went to college too but he never completed his degree or flourished. Now we both use to experiment with drugs-he remained so but I moved on. I use to admire him because it was obvious he was smart and a good problem solver. Everyone thought I was just a scary impaired Wildman. I guess some things never change. LOL. I don't think the drugs lowered his intelligence but it sure did hammer his motivation. I lost touch with him but heard he died from melanoma. Thankfully I discovered our purpose in life is to be useful and drugs just make you useless. Our whole society could learn from my lesson-one of my kids told me I should write a book about it. I know some think it is silly but I fully absolutely feel God had a hand in it in hindsight.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 11:49 am
HA @ 11:45

"So seeking revenge is justified until you don't have to ask questions? Nice character."

SOOO, what does this "gotch-a" comment really mean ??

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 07/31/13 - 11:51 am
Then let's not seek revenge

Then let's not seek revenge by having fewer voting machines in minority districts, closing the polls for early voting on days that are traditionally the strongest days for minority voting, pass voter id laws that effect minority voters far more than white voters, closing voting locations in minority districts, conducting voter purges of people with minority sounding names, and allowing criminal groups like "True the Vote" to get away with intimidation of voters at polling places and disinformation campaigns such as putting up posters saying voting locations had been relocated and that id's were needed to vote when they were not. That would be a good start. Let us know when when the white GOP stops seeking revenge. Once all of that stops I'm sure all of the minorities will be willing to live and let live. I don't, however, recommend any of them hold their breath.

corgimom
corgimom 07/31/13 - 11:53 am
"Our country was surprised

"Our country was surprised when President Obama recently spoke about racism"

Who was surprised?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 11:53 am
Bizkit @ 11:48

(really shocked me and him because we both were struggling in school-his IQ was higher than mine)."

I have often heard that high intelligence sometimes necessarily means that one can actually get board with school.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 11:57 am
OK,

I have been beaten up on enough for now ! Maybe later or tomorrow.

corgimom
corgimom 07/31/13 - 11:57 am
"I agree with this, BUT it

"I agree with this, BUT it can not be argued that this has happened to African-Americans much more often in this country's history"

Prior to Reconstruction, the overwhelming majority of lynching victims were white. And in the American West, nearly all of lynching victims were white. The only place that there were more lynchings of blacks than whites was in the South.

Please, t3bldsoe, learn your American history.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 12:27 pm
Can intelligence be measured?

Can intelligence be measured? RMSHEFF I have wondered that too-I really question you can measure intelligence or creativity. I don't think it really matters because I believe motivation is the critical factor. I'd rather have modest intellect and be motivated rather than know I'm a genius and sit on my laurels. I notice many educated people often have an elitist attitude-a form of discrimination. I think that is a load of crap. But a lot of people just can't seem to be happy without feeling they are the smartest person in the room, most knowledgeable, and of course always correct. My father was and an elder brother is just like that. I'd be miserable with unrealistic expectations such as those. Thankfully I'm an impaired weird geek. LOL>

Darby
Darby 07/31/13 - 12:07 pm
Read Mr. Godoy's entire letter.

Couldn't find any truth or actual fact in it, but it was rife with innuendo and white liberal guilt.

It is however a virtual historical cornucopia of liberal revisionism.

I have noticed that it did have the effect of bringing the progressive haters out in full force.

I'm sure that they feel better when they vent. Even though they are SO off base and without facts.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 12:27 pm
Bizkit

One of the data bases used in the study done by Murray was some sort of testing done by the military. This testing has been done by the military for decades with new recruits to determine their abilities and aptitude so they can be tracked to the best area of service. It is an amazingly large and complete data base done over decades and very easy to followup after the servicemen left the service. The study overwhelmingly confirmed those that scored well on this military test did much better in all areas of life, in or out of the military. Those that scored poorly also did poorly in all areas of life. There is a direct correlation between intelligence, prosperity, crime, as people with lower intelligence show up in statistically greater numbers in poverty and in our prison system. It is a very interesting area of study. We know there are always exceptions.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/31/13 - 12:53 pm
Racism is based on fear

Different races, different cultures. Someone's skin color is different. They don't look like you. They may not talk like you. Humans have always been tribal. Fear of the unknown. Races stick together because there's a comfort in being with your own kind. It's been this way since the beginning of time. Until the human race understands that we actually need each other instead of fearing each other nothing will change.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/31/13 - 12:58 pm
Why were they lynch , some

Why were they lynch , some were lynch for stealing horses vs being lynch for looking a certain way. Lets be serious folks

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 01:22 pm
Absolutely RMSHEFF while the

Absolutely RMSHEFF while the testing is controversial there is a huge number of studies supporting a correlation of IQ with health, education, and socioeconomic position. I don't understand the disparity between American born vs African born blacks. Rougly 17% of African-americans have a college degree whereas African immigrants have a 44-49% rate-which is higher than whites. Overall nearly half (49.8%) of Asian Americans, nearly a third (30%) of non-Hispanic Whites, 17.3% of non-Hispanic Blacks, and just over a tenth (11.4%) of Hispanics or Latinos had a four-year college degree. Most African immigrants are also highly successful in America.
There has to be cultural reasons for the differences and not opportunity or intellectual. Discrimination can't be it because both Asians and Hispanics are minorities that are also discriminated against yet Asians higher than anyone else (and they have higher acceptance standards than other ethnicities which is discriminatory) and Hispanics the lowest to attain a college degree. So it isn't opportunity, it isn't intellect, it isn't discrimination, it has to be a cultural phenomenon. So it becomes obvious we need to address the issues with Hispanics (with the lowest) and American born blacks which both must be a cultural problem. So the cultural problem isn't unique to black as Hispanics suffer too. An interesting problem but people are all caught up with emotion and not dealing constructively with their brain.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 01:20 pm
"Then let's not seek revenge

"Then let's not seek revenge by having fewer voting machines in minority districts, closing the polls for early voting on days that are traditionally the strongest days for minority voting, pass voter id laws that effect minority voters far more than white voters........."

How about you show evidence that ANY of this is happening. I would imagine you will answer this just as well as you answered the last question I asked.....hit and run.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 01:21 pm
"allowing criminal groups

"allowing criminal groups like "True the Vote" to get away with intimidation of voters at polling places "

Can anyone say NBP?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 01:24 pm
"Why were they lynch(sic) ,

"Why were they lynch(sic) , some were lynch for stealing horses vs being lynch (sic) for looking a certain way."

Again....you just made that up. If you didn't, you could back it up with some proof....but you don't need facts, do you? You've said it before.

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 07/31/13 - 01:31 pm
What's this "We" Kemo Sabe

The last time a person, that I know of was; Dragged out of
vehicle, store, home, shot, murdered, fire bombed, or was severely
physically harmed in the USA by a mob, due the color of their skin
was:

The 1990's LA riots and it wasn't whites doing the dragging, shooting, assaulting or fire bombing.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 01:40 pm
O'Reilly and Lemmon got beat

O'Reilly and Lemmon got beat up for not being emotional and using reason to address the obvious cultural problems and not some mythical lack of opportunity, lack of intellect, or discrimination. Dems have a vested interest in keeping this emotional too (Sharpton for example) rather than using reason to actually solve the problems for Hispanics and blacks. You can laugh or cry all day and not change a thing. I think it is despicable that Dems would play blacks and Hispanics just for votes, as well as Rep play blacks and Hispanics for economic reasons. I think Americans need to keep the politicians out of this because they aren't helping. We shall overcome wasn't a reference to an ethnicity or political party but a united people overcoming their problems. We the people........

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 07/31/13 - 02:05 pm
One of the stupidest LTEs ever

Really. Unbelievable ignorance.

Sweet son
Sweet son 07/31/13 - 02:12 pm
@Fiat_Lux and look at the time a few have expended

commenting/arguing about the letter! Not even worth a comment!

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 02:19 pm
Bizkit

" I don't understand the disparity between American born vs African born blacks. Rougly 17% of African-americans have a college degree whereas African immigrants have a 44-49% rate-which is higher than whites. "

You would need to know if the African born blacks were in the top percentile of intelligence when they came to America or whatever country the came to. Most of those that come to America represent the best and brightest from their respective countries. Many from India represent the top 2% as with most immigrants...with Mexico being the one exception.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 02:34 pm
Yes sweet son it is a waste

Yes sweet son it is a waste of time, but this week I'm stuck inside and need an outlet. I'm bored and Nothin' on the tube. I could post on Wikipedia again but that is a waste of time too. But my inside time and vacation time are coming to an end and hi, ho,hi,ho off to work I go. It's been fun being accused of being weird, impaired and a geek. What a hoot. Maybe a weird geek. Some really interesting posters here fur sure. Fur sure.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 02:35 pm
This whole question of

This whole question of prosperity and intelligence is bothersome when you look around the world and see so many people living in poverty in third world countries. Violence, suffering and lack of progress in every area of life. For whatever reason, America is truly exceptional and has been blessed and stands as an example to the rest of the world. Many in America ( and in the White House) and some right here on this board don't seem to realize just how exceptional America actually is and how fortunate they are to live in the best country in the world regardless of race or ethnicity. We are not perfect....

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 02:37 pm
Fiat, Ole Godoy is really

Fiat, Ole Godoy is really something else isn't he. If he was just a poster and not writing a letter I wouldn't believe he is real. One of those computer generated artificial intelligence programs. Another ideologue.

chascushman
chascushman 07/31/13 - 02:38 pm
"Our country was surprised

"Our country was surprised when President Obama recently spoke about racism"
"Who was surprised?"
corigmom, I was not. Obama is an obvious racist so why would anyone be surprised

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 02:42 pm
RMSHEFF usually high

RMSHEFF usually high socioeconomic status associates with better health, better education, better success and less crime. But wealthy affluent African-americans have the education and success but still suffer from health disparities and high crime rates. I think that has a cultural root too.

chascushman
chascushman 07/31/13 - 02:46 pm
" I don't understand the

Biskit, RMSHEFF, the answer is obvious. The gov't schools have been dummying down kids for the last 40 yrs. In the 60s & 70s the Great Society took black kids that were well behind white kids put them in white schools. Instead of trying to improve the black kids they drug the white kids down.

chascushman
chascushman 07/31/13 - 02:48 pm
"Fiat, Ole Godoy is really

"Fiat, Ole Godoy is really something else isn't he."
Godoy is originally from Cuba. My understanding he is a big fan of Castro.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 02:55 pm
Education really is changing.

Education really is changing. The rigor of science classes in the 70s was much greater than now-although knowledge has grown exponentially. Even in graduate school it use to be heavy content then research, but now it is concept base with few courses and a push to research. I think you need a good conceptual and knowledge background to be a good researcher. May be a reason America is starting to fall behind.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 03:00 pm
chase

This is true as the schools are still segregated to a large degree. While none of the public schools are doing a great job, contrast the Richmond county and Columbia county school systems. It seems the problem is made worse because most of the best teachers want to teach in the best schools. Many are allowed to graduate without the basic skills necessary for success.

Missing teen found dead

The body of Nicholas Charles Dunn, 18, was found Tuesday in the woods behind Cross Creek High School, according to a statement from Richmond County Coroner Mark Bowen.