Obama knows we're racist

Our country was surprised when President Obama recently spoke about racism and, obviously, this is the way he felt all his life, and it is also the way I feel.

We have lynched, cracked heads, dragged blacks out of diners and shoved them into jail. For decades we and the world saw horrendous pictures, barbarism and J. Edgar Hoover’s FBI looking the other way. President Kennedy was aware, but there was nothing he could do without losing the Democratic South. He had to die to give us Lyndon Johnson, who immediately implemented civil and voting rights laws with the unanimous vote from both houses. He was well aware that the South was lost, but he ended his speech about the laws with a hopeful phrase: “We shall overcome.”

President Obama knows we are racists. The country knows it, and the world knows it. We are hypocrites. Recently Paula Deen lost most of her sponsors for having used the N-word in the past – a word that is constantly on our racist minds. We are so very careful of our political correctness, but blacks – sorry, “African-Americans” – are and will remain second-class citizens.

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:46 am
Bizkit @ 10:41

"What you think there is only a Congressional black caucus and no Congressional Hispanic caucus and a Congressional Asian Pacific American caucus."

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 09:48 am
"The individual races KNOW

"The individual races KNOW that this is the best way to voice their oppinions against a largely caucasion House and Senate."

Why are they "against" them?

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 09:49 am
Humble Angela you can

Humble Angela you can "debate" this with tbledsoe. I'd rather bash my head into a rock for awhile. Maybe I won't be such a geek. It isn't my fault intelligence is likely genetic. I think the gene originated in Africa.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 09:50 am
Bizkit

You have posted more than once that there are no races of people. I think this may confuse some so here is a definition of race:

Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, or social affiliation.

This "separation" began in Genesis 11 with the "Tower O Babel" and has its roots in mans sin nature.

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:51 am
HA @ 10:44

"In order to eliminate racism, we must first eliminate institutionalized racism, ie Affirmative Action. I would imagine this would be hardest on those who benefit from it."

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 09:57 am
Sounds like it's from

Sounds like it's from Wikipedia. Read on the article then talks about how those definitions no longer hold because the Human Genome Project demonstrated there are no races only populations that may contain several races. There are ethnicities consisting of culture, etc but they can contain several races-like Hispanics range from white to black. So now the science says no but that could change too. There are populations and ethnicities. But science right now can't even agree on what a "species" is. There are some 7-11 definitions and many say there are is no such thing as a species. Most evolutionary biologist don't speak of species just populations because there is so much variety and not really a stereotypical species.

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:56 am
HA @ 10:48

"Why are they "against" them?"

It is just human nature that the individual races in congress might have a different agenda than the majority caucasion members. To have a voice OF ANY KIND, the races MUST pull together.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 09:58 am
"And had we not had

"And had we not had Affirmative Action, Where would be the non-caucasion races be today ?"

They would have equality, instead of a legal "higher standing" making non minorities the second class citizens.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 09:58 am
" To have a voice OF ANY

" To have a voice OF ANY KIND, the races MUST pull together."

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 10:01 am
A house divided will fall. I

I think God is color blind.

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 10:05 am
HA & Bizkit

"I'm glad you agree that there should be no individual race caucus, but instead just pull together."

"A house divided will fall. I wish I could pluck everyone's eyes so people would be blind to color. Perhaps we then could work together to solve our problems. I need to do that with political parties too.
I think God is color blind."

WELL stated !! NOW if is not somehow sarcasum, I agree with most of your statements.

Does this mean that I WIN ??!

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 10:10 am
Quote from LTE

"this is the way he felt all his life, and it is also the way I feel."

Does this statement necessarily mean the LTE writer is African-American ?

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 10:14 am
Quote from LTE

"We have lynched, cracked heads, dragged blacks out of diners and shoved them into jail."

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 10:16 am
"Does this statement

"Does this statement necessarily mean the LTE writer is African-American?"

I see no evidence to decide the writer's race at all....and it doesn't matter.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 10:17 am
"These events happened much

"These events happened much more resently than when the slaves were sold by other Aficans. (sic)"

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 10:20 am
"We have lynched, cracked

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 10:23 am
Bizkit

Yes, the DNA is essentially the same for all. I know you are not a social scientist but what is your opinion of the work done by Charles Murray in regards to the origins of intelligence? No one can argue that there is no correlation between intelligence and prosperity but only whether intelligence is largely a factor of heredity or environment and how well we can measure it. There are several long term studies of identical twins that were adopted at birth and raised in very different environments but ended up at almost the same intellectual level.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 10:26 am
Perhaps a new strategy is in

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 10:28 am
HA @ 11:16

"I see no evidence to decide the writer's race at all....and it doesn't matter."

First, very well said !

Second, I thought you-all had gone to another LTE is why it took me so long.

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 10:31 am
Bizkit @ 11:26

"Perhaps a new strategy is in order since people want to hold on to the notion of race. Assume everyone is racist then it is a level playing field and we can all discuss race without the ammo of an ad hominem racist attack. Racists calling racists racist seems silly. My head in spinning."

GOOD plan, but it isn't 100% of the population that has a problem with this.

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 10:34 am
RMSHEFF @ 11:23

"There are several long term studies of identical twins that were adopted at birth and raised in very different environments but ended up at almost the same intellectual level."

This would seem that intelligence is genetic.

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 10:39 am
Bizkit @ 11:20

"That has happened to all ethnicities. It often seems to correlate with socioeconomic status rather than ethnicity. I had an ancestor who was lynched and hung for horse stealing-thankfully he somehow survived. No it wasn't Clint Eastwood."

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 10:39 am
t3

I happen to agree that intelligence is largely genetic but you would be under attack in the world of liberal academia to make that statement.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 10:42 am
"I agree with this, BUT it

"I agree with this, BUT it can not be argued that this has happened to African-Americans much more often in this country's history."

Again....it does not justify vengeance.

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 10:43 am
HA @ 11:17

"So when was it? How long do we have to wait before we just eliminate the racism instead of seeking revenge."

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 10:43 am
Evidence does support

Evidence does support intelligence being genetic.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 10:44 am
T3

Do you think intelligence can be measured ?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 10:45 am
"This is the $64,000 question

"This is the $64,000 question !! Perhaps when people like me don't have to ask this question anymore."

So seeking revenge is justified until you don't have to ask questions? Nice character.

t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 10:47 am
HA @ 11:42

"Again....it does not justify vengeance."

NO it doesn't ! Perhaps we see this violence as have happened a long time ago, BUT perhaps other races don't think this way.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 10:48 am
Humble

This seem to be inline with what I am finding except many seem to think is is as high as 60%. If there is a direct link between poverty and intelligence, how do you fix poverty?

MCG student, class buy kids' books for Ferguson library

Three weeks after the Missouri grand jury indictment verdict, Ashee Nicole Sharer created a Ferguson wish list on BarnesAndNoble.com, urging classmates to purchase a book for the Ferguson ...