Obama knows we're racist

We have lynched, cracked heads, dragged blacks out of diners and shoved them into jail. For decades we and the world saw horrendous pictures, barbarism and J. Edgar Hoover’s FBI looking the other way. President Kennedy was aware, but there was nothing he could do without losing the Democratic South. He had to die to give us Lyndon Johnson, who immediately implemented civil and voting rights laws with the unanimous vote from both houses. He was well aware that the South was lost, but he ended his speech about the laws with a hopeful phrase: “We shall overcome.”

President Obama knows we are racists. The country knows it, and the world knows it. We are hypocrites. Recently Paula Deen lost most of her sponsors for having used the N-word in the past – a word that is constantly on our racist minds. We are so very careful of our political correctness, but blacks – sorry, “African-Americans” – are and will remain second-class citizens.

avidreader
avidreader 07/31/13 - 08:47 am
U.S. Population!

Less than 13% of the U.S. population is African-American. A portion of that percentage is not old enough to vote. So, how did BO get elected twice?

A lot of white people voted for BO. I'm a white guy, and I did not vote for him; I'm simply a Republican. There have been numerous times over the last five years when I expressed my "sixteen trillion" opinion and was shut down immediately (eyes rolling upwards) by those who consider BO as equivalent to Jesus. I always enjoyed the many jokes concerning the absurdity of sitting presidents, but these days, I maintain a straight face and walk away.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 08:48 am
Do you believe in races

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 08:49 am
According to Bruce no blacks

According to Bruce no blacks can ever comment on white people because they can't see through their eyes.
Dang Bruce that kind of logic would disqualify every person from ever discussing a different age, ethnicity, or gender because they are of a differing age, ethnicity or gender. What dominant-you mean in US or world. I think Asians are the dominate worldwide. You don't have to see through the eyes of others to still be sensitive or sympathetic. Like saying you can only sympathize with the Martin's loss of their son
(which is horrible) if you are a parent and then black too. So I guess you believe all the white folks who support the Martin family can't because they can't see through their eyes nor understand. I've always been sympathetic to the loss of any child-then when I had my own it just made it more real. I completely understand the Martin's anger and frustration for the needless loss of their son-I've stated I would probably be doing the same if I were in their shoes.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 08:55 am
Fantastic quote from LTE

"President Obama knows we are racists. The country knows it, and the world knows it. We are hypocrites."

There IS a good reason it took sooo long to elect an African-American to be President. And JUST 4.5 years latter, many of us have such a negitive oppinion about him. Granted Obama and The US Congress ARE DOING very, very little to help our economy, BUT we must ask our selves, "Is the job that Obama is doing, or is it the age old reason of racism and racist thinking ??!!" CLEARLY this litter writer "hits the nail SQUARELY on the head" and clearly they are not ashamed to say what is the over-whelming truth for MANY, MANY cases in this country !!!!

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/31/13 - 08:56 am
Bizkit

Bruce has typical, touchy, feely liberal world view all based in emotion.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/31/13 - 09:02 am
Watch it bledsoe

You are getting that thrill running up your leg over this letter...haha

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/31/13 - 09:02 am
Laughs

OOh boy...I really get some good laughs on here..thanks!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:02 am
Bizkit @ 9:48

"Do you believe in races t3blesoe? Do you agree with Godoy that African-americans will always be second class citizens? How about women?"

I believe that this LTE writer IS PASSIONATE about what they are saying. I try to be this passionate when I write something especially on topics like this one !! YES, I do agree that African-Americans and women have MUCH less oppertunity in this country.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:07 am
Like this LTE

I truly believe I like this kind of LTE, because just about ALL of the debate is rooted in passion and feelings !! GEEKS have a great way of finding PROOF to argue many, many points that are on here, but this debate COMES FROM THE PURE GUT !!

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 09:08 am
According to Godoy (President

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:10 am
Quote from the LTE

"Our country was surprised when President Obama recently spoke about racism and, obviously, this is the way he felt all his life, and it is also the way I feel."

I will give you ONE GOOD GUESS at what OBAMA was refering to !

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 09:12 am
Bodhisattva, I know you won't

Bodhisattva, I know you won't answer this because you usually just hit and run, but I'll ask anyway. Name something that was posted above your post that is racist. Give specifics. What was posted that was untrue? We will all be waiting.............and waiting.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:14 am
Bizkit @ 10:08

"According to Godoy (President knows we are racist), Obama received the majority of votes in America from racist. And all those who didn't support him are racist too. So his own argument neutralizes itself. Actually Godoy is supporting and propagating racism through the position of racism."

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/31/13 - 09:14 am
I am most certainly a Racist!!!

I watch NASCAR every Sunday! Nothing like watching those cars racist to the finish line!

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 09:20 am
t3bledsoe I should flag you

t3bledsoe I should flag you for calling me a "Geek". You are saying this is an "emotional" issue just because you refuse or can't answer my questions. I could call you some ad hominem names if I were ignorant and a racist but since I'm not I would never. That's just silly and immature.
NO,NO,NO,NO there is no excuse for racism from any ethnicity. You aren't heading in the right direction dude or dudette.
Fighting racism with racism is futile.
I am ashamed of the role whites played in slavery and racism. I can't change that only improve the future and make sure it doesn't happen again. I would hope you feel the same of your African ancestors who sold their brothers of differing tribes into slavery.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:20 am
Quote from LTE

"Lyndon Johnson, who immediately implemented civil and voting rights laws with the unanimous vote from both houses."

Over 50 years ago and look how far ((NOT)) we have come !

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 09:24 am
Forget about it tbledsoe.

Forget about it tbledsoe. Anyone who believes it is righteous to be racist is now deaf to my ears. Racism is wrong and I can't believe I have to explain that to you. Might as well talk to a rock.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:25 am
Bizkit @ 10:20

"t3bledsoe I should flag you for calling me a "Geek"."

OOH, BELIEVE ME, you are not the only "geek" on here !! I wonder, would this be the ONLY time you would have flagged a comment ??! I am positive that this topic MUST be debated from the gut and "PASSIONATELY" !!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 09:26 am
"Haven't caucasions had the

"Haven't caucasions had the role of playing the racism card LONG ENOUGH?? WHO are we to say that maybe it is The African-Americans' rightful turn ??!"

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:28 am
Bizkit @ 10:20

"Fighting racism with racism is futile."

AND JUST what rece started racism first ??!

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 07/31/13 - 09:30 am
LETS SEE**due to federal laws

LETS SEE**due to federal laws we have set aside contracts for minorities, we have quide lines in hiring with special status for minorities, we have minority onlt colleges, tv network, beauty pagents...etc etc..seems like most govt worker are minorities...sound like they overcame quite well to me..

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 09:33 am
"AND JUST what rece started

"AND JUST what rece (sic) started racism first ??!"

Good question...how far back do you want to go? My question is this. Do you really think it's right to punish an entire race for the things that members of their race may have done? Do you really think it's right to inflict racism upon someone? You know what this line of thinking is called don't you?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 09:34 am
"AND JUST what rece started

"AND JUST what rece (sic) started racism first ??!"

Disregarding that racism existed long before slavery in America, who was racist first, the Caucasians who bought the slaves, or the Africans who sold them?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:36 am
HA @ 10:26

"So it's ok to punish people who had nothing to do with racism by inflicting racism upon them? It is horrible to think that someone should get a "turn" at being racist. Why not just eliminate it?"

AND what race MUST work at elimination the hardest ??

BY THE WAY, welcome to the debate.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 09:36 am
I didn't flag you-don't

I didn't flag you-don't believe in that. Free speech and all. It's great to be passionate but you need some ammo for that passion.
Well since all humans migrated out of Africa and all continents have had or still have racism. It is relative to a continent. Asians, Hispanic, African, and Whites have all been racist. Ignorant I know because there are NO RACES.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 07/31/13 - 09:38 am
godoy,

if you don't mind me saying so. You're brain dead.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/31/13 - 09:39 am
Back to Africa

And start with the forefathers there.....they sold your people & enslaved them.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/31/13 - 09:42 am
Well in America Asians and

Well in America Asians and Hispanic need to work on it the most because it hasn't even been addressed with these ethnicity. It has been addressed for blacks so time to let other minorities a chance. What you think there is only a Congressional black caucus and no Congressional Hispanic caucus and a Congressional Asian Pacific American caucus. Talk about the 1% being greedy, selfish and egocentric.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/31/13 - 09:42 am
Bizkit @ 10:36

"It is relative to a continent. Asians, Hispanic, African, and Whites have all been racist. "

BINGO !! You have stated it very clearly. Perhaps not the majority of ANY race is racist, BUT it a significant number to make it a major problem.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/31/13 - 09:44 am
"AND what race MUST work at

"AND what race MUST work at elimination the hardest ??"

Well, since only one race is legally allowed to be discriminated against because of their race, the answer should be obvious.

In order to eliminate racism, we must first eliminate institutionalized racism, ie Affirmative Action. I would imagine this would be hardest on those who benefit from it.