Nation hasn't been perfect

Some preachers, male and female, on television put on a show when they preach. Creflo Dollar is making Christians think they can sin and get away with it.

Matthew Hagee has been critical of people on entitlements. He should not do this because he has received part of his money from such people’s donations. Hagee has talked about young people, but he doesn’t realize he is still a young person himself, and he has a long way to go before he gets old.

Hagee, Truth in Action Ministry, CBN News, Pat Robertson of The 700 Club, Jack Van Impe, Hal Lindsey all have been prejudiced against President Obama.

The United States was not so Christian and perfect when it was created because the United States had the slave trade, and slavery for almost 100 years after it was created and segregation for almost 200 years. It took the Civil War to end slavery. Lynching used to be a part of life in the United States. So there have been worse times in the United States than what is going on today.

A lot of racism has ended in the United States, but there still are many racists left. Our present problems did not start with President Obama.

One more word about entitlements: There are almost 1 million military veterans who deserve disability entitlements but cannot get them. There are millions of civilians who deserve disability entitlements but cannot get them. I know of cases.

The United States is a great country, but it has never been perfect.

I have been an official Christian for almost 53 years.

Darby
Darby 07/27/13 - 04:01 pm
MyFther15, there are a number of disgusting

things liberals/progressives keep doing.

Three of the most offensive are:

1. They want proof of a negative. As in, "prove you are not a racist."*

2. They denigrate the United States as though we have the worst civil rights record on the planet when it is arguably the best or darn close. (There is no way to quantify that status.)

3. They often suggest that we should never criticize bad behavior in other countries until our own record is perfect in every way.

*Actually, there is virtually NO real racism in the United States (some yes, as there is everywhere).

Racism requires that one believes that his race is superior to that of another. Holding others in contempt is more bigotry than racism.

Now, no argument, we do have an abundance of bigotry in this country. Most of it coming from progressives who believe that blacks cannot survive without government help and assistance.

They also believe that "help" should be forced on blacks rather than have them ask for it. I'm not really sure why they feel that way.

What I do know for certain, is that in a world where bigotry is perceived as racism, the true "racists" are almost all liberals.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/27/13 - 04:12 pm
Wow , why would the left

Wow , why would the left want to get rid of Herman Caine, he was very entertaining , but hardly a threat

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/27/13 - 04:20 pm
We were allied with the

We were allied with the community to defeat hitler's fascist regime in WWII. Hitler mad communist and socialist activist illegal , yes lamb the nazi party ran on a socialist agenda but once in office changed to faciist dictatorship . Hitlers bitter enemy was a communist from Russia named joe Stalin.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/27/13 - 04:31 pm
Are you sure owensjef? I

Are you sure owensjef? I mean after all.....you said there were pictures of Herman Cain having affairs with white women....which is patently untrue....maybe you should read a book? Then maybe you could piece together a sentence that makes more sense than "Skin heads right sour Africa right" :-)

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/27/13 - 04:42 pm
Hmmm....I'm reading some

Hmmm....I'm reading some books, and I can't find the word "faciist" anywhere.

Oh the irony.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/27/13 - 04:44 pm
What ever I can't see I'm

What ever I can't see I'm typing and you can't edit on my cell.there pictures of Cain with the women at functions

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/27/13 - 04:46 pm
Yea that trick won't fly ha

Yea that trick won't fly ha

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/27/13 - 04:54 pm
Show us the pictures. Are

Show us the pictures. Are you saying that being at a function is the same as having an affair? After all....it was you that said there were pictures of him HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH WHITE WOMEN. Good grief. For goodness sake....just admit that you were wrong.

How about you tell us what you MEANT to type when you said "Skin heads right sour Africa right"

I'm curious why you felt it was important to mention that the women were white.....as if that somehow is different than having an affair with any other women.......interesting.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/27/13 - 04:51 pm
What trick?

What trick?

myfather15
myfather15 07/27/13 - 05:08 pm
owensjet

You honestly have no clue do you? Tell me something; what are the differences in Communism and Fascism? Quick, do that google search!! To actually say that Communism was the enemy of Hitler, is laughable!! Hitler WAS a Communist dictator and ANYONE who opposed him, regardless of their ideology; was his enemy. My God, the man wanted to take over all of Europe and probably the entire world. He thought himself to be a god!! Which CAN NOT go along with conservative politics or beliefs.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/27/13 - 05:10 pm
myfather....I was about to

myfather....I was about to ask why he would think that Stalin couldn't have the same political leanings AND still be an enemy of Hitler...but I don't want to overload the guy.....he is struggling enough already, what with contradicting himself and all.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/27/13 - 05:15 pm
Fascism

Fascism is a political and economic system that exhibits strong state control of all facets of economic activity along with a strong, central state government. That sounds left-wing to me.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/27/13 - 05:22 pm
Sounds like the exact

Sounds like the exact opposite of the TEA Party.

Darby
Darby 07/27/13 - 05:25 pm
"Wow , why would the left want to get rid of

Herman Caine, he was very entertaining , but hardly a threat"

And we all know that because you are the established, go-to political expert.

And of course, at the time the attacks from the left began, he had risen to #1 in the polls (notice that polls is spelled with two l's and no e.)

dahreese
dahreese 07/27/13 - 05:24 pm
@myfather15; "Twist scripture

@myfather15; "Twist scripture to fit their agenda, period. Nowhere did it say the Samaritan was an "unbeliever"."

No, he didn't say that.

So, if I take out the word "non-believer" and simply say "A Samaritan, someone hated by the Jews, takes his time and wealth and helps the man be restored to health", will that untwist the scripture for you and make you happy?

Maybe you can take your "untwisted scripture" and tell me/us why Jesus was contrasting the behavior of the Samaritan with the behavior of Jews.

I'll tell you now, you can't do it.

But if you pass up the opportunity what will people say?!

All you know and believe about your bible is what you've been told by some fundamentalist like yourself.

(And Hitler being a communist - heaven help us all...........).

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/27/13 - 05:50 pm
I never said hitler.was a

I never said hitler.was a conservative as in today's world, I'm silly enough to compare Reagan or Goldwater to hitler and I would hope you would not compare Obama to Hitler.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/27/13 - 05:50 pm
I never said hitler.was a

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 05:53 pm
Boy, Has This Been One Good Entertaining Debating Topic!

It has brought into light some very, very intelligent posters and also shown a light on some very, very8HHHhhhEEjkaiksYYYdiifgoQQQ$Q@

Hooked up a new Keyboard....

Sorry.....My keyboard went bad on me. ( I bet Sean was just waiting for me to finish my comment)

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/27/13 - 06:03 pm
Well....since you have yet to

Well....since you have yet to refute a single one of the comparisons of Obama to Hitler as being untrue.....why shouldn't we make the comparison, owensjef? Does the truth bother you that much?

By the way, sentences tend to end in periods, question marks, or exclamation points. The first word in a sentence is usually begun with a capital letter. The same thing goes for proper names. I learned that when I read a book.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 06:00 pm
Someone Commented

"I would hope you would not compare Obama to Hitler."

And

Just Who can we compare him With?

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/27/13 - 06:09 pm
hA I ask you to read the

hA I ask you to read the history not change it.lol

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/27/13 - 06:10 pm
Show me something I have

Show me something I have posted that is untrue, owensjef.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/27/13 - 06:18 pm
Really

Really

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/27/13 - 06:21 pm
Yes, really...and back it up

Yes, really...and back it up with evidence.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/27/13 - 06:24 pm
Compare

owensjef3 posted:

I never said Hitler was a conservative as in today's world. . . .

Yeah? Well, I'm saying that Hitler was a statist, collectivist, socialist despot as in today's world.

And Hitler and Obama share many beliefs and traits, as so ably and thoughtfully posted by HA on a previous page.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/27/13 - 06:23 pm
It is tough on this cell

It is tough on this cell phone , I've heard enough, I

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/27/13 - 06:26 pm
Keyboard

Uh, oh. owensjef3's keyboard must have gone out just as CG's did.

:-)

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/27/13 - 06:28 pm
It's tough to show something

It's tough to show something I have said that is untrue because you are on a cellphone? Wow. Owensjef....I would imagine you are having a difficult time, because while you don't want to believe it, everything I have posted is true.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/27/13 - 06:29 pm
Boy lL that is sad, and ya'll

Boy lL that is sad, and ya'll think you are the smart ones .no decent conservatives will even come on this site and challenge those sick views.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/13 - 06:30 pm
Angela,

Just maybe it was a SMNCICBHO(M) phone!

Weekly crime map, database

Violent crimes for the past week included 102 assaults, four of which was classified as aggravated assaults. The most assaults in a single day, 22, occurred on Aug. 17.