We need to foster change

On July 20, I called for gatherings at the steps of the Augusta Judicial Center and John H. Ruffin Jr. Courthouse, and at Williams Memorial C.M.E. Church. Other leaders shared in major roles for both events for Trayvon Martin.

The George Zimmerman trial has caused a divide in communities across the nation. However, I am saddened that both families will feel the pain for some time to come. Nevertheless, this does not change what could have been avoided, had the right choice been made to know where one’s rights begin and end. Don’t you think our laws need to be changed or modified – so those who make them, those who carry them out and those who must abide by them will understand and have no question as to their function?

I have no problem with going to Sanford, Fla., nor to Jena, La., to stand by the Jena Six. But I am concerned that on the heels of this national movement and before this is over for good, we have had three young African-Americans killed just this past weekend and others killed in our very own back yard. We will have vigils for them, and I have led and shared with many. But after the demonstrations and vigils, what will we do? In Chicago, more than 500 were killed last year and about 200 so far this year. Why are no buses of protesters going up there?

I think the lives of black men and women are important also. Therefore, I call for the reactivation of Augustans Together, the organization that promoted racial and ethnic harmony. We need to foster change.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/23/13 - 04:08 pm
HA @ 3:36

"And pay none of the income taxes."

And illegals HAVE TO PAY taxes in order to be considered human ??!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/23/13 - 04:13 pm
Apparently I can't point out

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 07/23/13 - 04:21 pm
You can't call someone a racist

You can't call someone a racist. It will end up being tit-for-tat insults. There is plenty of room for discussion without that.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/23/13 - 04:23 pm
HA @ 4:13

"Apparently I can't point out when someone makes racist comments....I'll just flag them instead, I suppose."

HA, I diffenently DON'T want to upset you, but don't you think you carry this a little too far ?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/23/13 - 04:23 pm
I understand....I would

I understand....I would imagine the comments that are racist will also be removed?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/23/13 - 04:26 pm
Let me ask this. If I were

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/23/13 - 04:38 pm
HA @ 4:26

"Let me ask this. If I were on the jury, would you also believe that I would be incapable of rendering a fair verdict or is it just those 6 women...if so, what is the difference?"

First, IN MY OPINION, I believe the "deck" was stacked against having a TRULY fair trial.

SECOND, I do not want to cause myself the possibily of ending what I think of as a friend !! You and I feel VERY PASSIONATE about the subjects that we disagree on !! Debating you is enjoyable and I most certainly don't want it to be a major issue. Winning a debate is enjoyable, but not at every cost.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/23/13 - 04:41 pm
Humble

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/23/13 - 04:54 pm
The silence speaks volumes.

The silence speaks volumes.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/23/13 - 04:59 pm
LL @ 7:56

"because the killers of those 700 were young black males."

This statement can only be proven by studying the police reports.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/23/13 - 05:04 pm
HA @ 4:54

"The silence speaks volumes."

HA, I did answer at 4:38. PLEASE, READ THE WHOLE THING.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 07/23/13 - 05:05 pm
@itsanotherday1 @10:13 am

For the record the defense did not invoke SYG, but the judge cited it in the jury instructions.

chascushman
chascushman 07/23/13 - 05:34 pm
" Also, couldn't Obama and

" Also, couldn't Obama and Holder RIGHTFULLY suspect this jury was very "lop-sided" ??!"
Bledsoe, of course they both 'suspect this jury was very 'lop-sided" because both of them are racist.

deestafford
deestafford 07/23/13 - 06:09 pm
Y'all don't forget when it comes to juries, it is the

DEFENDANT'S right to a trial by HIS PEERS not the victim's. The prosecutor stuck a black from the jury pool because he watched Fox News.

There is no need to discuss this case with T3 because it has been tried many times to get him to understand what happened according to the situation as we know it and as to the law. He either refuses to accept the situation as presented and the results of the trial, or he is incapable of understanding, or he is just trying to get a rise out of people knowing what he posts is inaccurate and will elicit comments from those who are educated as to the facts of the situation.

By the way, as to the blacks and their Zimmerman derangement syndrome, I heard today that a young black girl was scared to leave her house because since Zimmerman was found not guilty she was afraid he would come and shoot her. Now where do you think she heard that horse squeeze? It had to come from her family. With a young child being brainwashed like that by her family how in the world can there ever be a "conversation about race" or any closing of the divide? Ignorance and hatred only perpetrates ignorance and hatred.

burninater
burninater 07/23/13 - 06:10 pm
"I will answer for Tim. You

"I will answer for Tim. You would be incapable of rendering a fair verdict. He see everything in term of race."

RMSHEFF, has HA ever disclosed his/her race? You may be making a false assumption here.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/23/13 - 06:26 pm
"..or he is just trying to

"..or he is just trying to get a rise out of people knowing what he posts is inaccurate and will elicit comments from those who are educated as to the facts of the situation."

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/23/13 - 06:30 pm
T3 stated " "What evidence is

T3 stated "
"What evidence is there that the jury was in any way "lob sided?""

The over-whelming absence of Black Americans on this jury !"

Where does it state a jury has to be equally racially mixed. It is suppose to be a jury of your peers who judge you.

T3, for your knowledge since you seem to not understand...definition of peers is "A person of the same age, status, or ability as another specified person"

No where does it state race!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/23/13 - 06:58 pm
Done for today.

Hope I can patch things up with HA.

chascushman
chascushman 07/23/13 - 07:45 pm
" Ignorance and hatred only

" Ignorance and hatred only perpetrates ignorance and hatred."
deestafford, you are correct. That is what has been perpetrated by the liberals, democrats and many black leaders including the racist in the WH.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 07/23/13 - 11:50 pm
Comments by Obama

HE never said he didn't AGREE WITH THE VERDICT. What most are reacting to are the commentaries of Hannity, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh. That is probably why the president gave no warning of his speech because it would have been hi-jacked by them. The president was clear that he was giving context to the fear and reaction of AA to this verdict. Open-minded people heard that. The haters--well, their ulcers flared up again and they are going to hate no matter if the man comes out and says the sun is shining.

For the record, I agree with the verdict based on the evidence and instructions presented to the jury. I can agree with it's validity and still not like it based on the implication of how this law can be misused. There are many laws that I disagree with but follow them because they are the law.

There is already a SYG case in Fla where a man shot into a car after provoking an incident with teens about a blasting radio. The window were rolled up but he "heard someone say get the gun" and he loaded into the car. NO GUN WAS FOUND. This is bad law. I am not aware of any such cases in Ga yet. It seems that Georgians have better judgement than our friends in the GUNSHINE state.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 07/23/13 - 11:58 pm
Obama a racist

How does a man reared by white grandparents become a racist? Being the parent of an adopted child, I find that highly unlikely. But this is the kind of negativity that feeds into the perception of many AA. Those who don't know any will believe the characterization because it is reinforced over talk radio and on blogs such as this.

In fact, I would suggest the jury questionnaire ask if they have posted on this page and if so, under what name.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/24/13 - 06:42 am
"The discussion about the

"The discussion about the president's remarks reveal that many hear what they want to hear. He said that the judge was professional, both sides presented their case, and the jury decided and the verdict must be respected. "

And he should have left his remarks at that.

chascushman
chascushman 07/24/13 - 10:47 am
"Speaking of fair trials, I

"Speaking of fair trials, I would not want 90% of the people who comment here to be on my jury if my life depended on it."
TM, I would not want you teaching any child of mine.

chascushman
chascushman 07/24/13 - 11:03 am
"How does a man reared by

"How does a man reared by white grandparents become a racist?"
TM, he learned VERY WELL from his mentor of at least 8 years. Franklin Marshall Davis was racist, communist, and child molester and was Obama's mentor. Davis was from Chicago before going to Hawaii to head the communist party there. Davis was friends with Vernon Jarrett, you know the father-in-law of Valerie Jarrett. You know Valerie I'm sure she pretty much runs the WH.
TM, not everybody is stupid enough to fall for lying crap that is being put out.
All a person has to do is listen to the lying racist's words and actions.
Obama quote, "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites." If someone said that about blacks you would be calling them a racist and rightly so.

chascushman
chascushman 07/25/13 - 08:27 pm
I am not surprised TM did not

I am not surprised TM did not respond.