Both sons were loved dearly

If I had a son like Trayvon Martin, I would love him dearly and unconditionally. I would remember the first time I ever held him; I would remember his favorite toy; I would remember the cute things he would say; and I would remember his smile that would light up the room. I would look at all his pictures in the photo album. I would look at Trayvon’s picture when he was 12 and think what an angel he is. I would look at that picture and become sad.

What happened to my baby? He changed. He is 17, and I don’t know who he is.

I want my precious son back. I peek at his phone and see the gun in his hand. Oh my God, whom has he gotten involved with? I’ve told him to stay away from those boys. I look at the woman’s jewelry in one of the pictures. Could my baby be one of the thieves that I hear about in the news? I ask him about it, and he denies everything. I look on the phone, and see the drugs. I hope he stops before he is in too deep. Please, Trayvon, stop, don’t become a dealer or, worse, an addict.

People would see my son as a thug, but they don’t know the real Trayvon. He was such a beautiful child, a true delight when he was younger. I don’t know where the anger came from. I know he used racist language, but he certainly didn’t learn that from me. He began skipping school, and I have been there talking to them about Trayvon. He is such a smart kid. He should be getting much better grades than he is. I can’t even talk to Trayvon anymore. I want my baby back.

I’ve told him nothing good ever happens after dark. I’ve told him I don’t like his friends, and why doesn’t he hang out with that nice boy down the street? I’ve confronted him so many times, and he ignores me. I love my boy, and want him back. Maybe once these rough teen years are over with. If anything happens to him, I will be heartbroken. I would wonder how much our break-up has affected him.

My Trayvon is gone, and I am in total shock. My son, my son. Tears won’t stop. The pain will never stop. I try to put the blame on the murderer. I want revenge. Someone will pay for taking my son from me. If I had a gun, if I had a gun. The tears won’t stop.

Trayvon, why? Why did you change? This was not the real you. I am so sad, so numb, I can’t go on anymore. I love you so much, son. Living has become very difficult without you. I don’t blame the man who did this, I don’t believe he was racist. I feared this day would come, but never imagined your death being the result. I want you back, I want you back, I want my baby back. God, look after my son.

If I had a son like George Zimmerman, I would love him dearly.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 07:13 pm
In a neighborhood that has

In a neighborhood that has experienced several break- ins. A person walking in between homes and not on the sidewalk, looking in windows, at night, in the rain and that is not recognized by a neighborhood watch, IS A SUSPICIOUS PERSON ! What planet are you from! ( And by the way he was high on weed !)

You are changing the subject by bringing up the fact that he ran away but the fact he ran would add to my suspicion but if he did run away he must have circled back in order to start the fist fight.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 07:24 pm
That was GZ's STATEMENT.

"Your BS Meter is off the scale...if he was running away, how did GZ catch TM?"

That was GZ's STATEMENT.

"Dispatcher

He's running? Which way is he running?

Zimmerman

Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood."

Edit: I removed hat GZ caught TM by driving, as it isn't clear that was the case. Still, the idea that TM initiated when you have GZ CHASING HIM ON TAPE would be comical if the outcome weren't so tragic.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 07/24/13 - 07:14 pm
Oh yeah... selective

Oh yeah... selective references to reinforce your position... no matter how inaccurate....

Got It

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 07:15 pm
like-it-is @ 5:17

"Let the REAL COPS DO the JOB, and not by some CRAZY MAN following walking behind them. I would have fought for my life too."

I AGREE 100 % !!

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 07:16 pm
A person walking in between

------
Interesting. You'd imagine "walking in between homes and not on the sidewalk, looking in windows" would have been part of GZ's description to 911 that night.

It wasn't.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 07:23 pm
It was confirmed in trial and

It was confirmed in trial and never challenged by the prosecution that he was walking in between building in the rear not the front near the street and he was walking next to the building not on the sidewalk that runs down the middle. This is where the fight started. Why would someone cutting through a neighborhood on his way home from the store not walk on the sidewalk in the front of the buildings? This could be viewed as suspicious !

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 07:33 pm
Lets face it. A jury of his

Lets face it. A jury of his peers unanimously found him not guilty and said race was never even discussed in deliberations. The FBI interviewed 60 people and found NO evidence race was a factor. There are only a few race baiters and some that see everything in terms of race that want to make race an issue when it is not.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 07:36 pm
KSL @ 6:27

"Zim took advantage of opportunty to call 911. Now if he was "stalking" with intent to kill, why call 911 at all????"

IT IS TOOO BAD Mr. police want-a-be didn't do what 911 told him to do!!

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 07:40 pm
RMSHEFF, have you ever walked

RMSHEFF, have you ever walked through a multi-unit apartment complex? They've got sidewalks and cut-throughs all over, which are usually the most direct way between units if you're on foot. I don't know the layout of this specific apartment complex, but to call a pedestrian suspicious simply for using the sidewalks and cut-throughs off the street is preposterous.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 07:50 pm
RMSHEFF, don't get me wrong

RMSHEFF, don't get me wrong -- I take "beyond a reasonable doubt" very seriously, and it's highly possible I would have voted to acquit as well.

My primary problem with this whole situation is a culture where untrained citizens can play thug, carrying lethal force and challenging an individual's right to move about in public, simply because they "look suspicious" to them. This tendency to treat people as criminals when nothing criminal has occurred is the antithesis of the freedom this country stands for. THAT is what is specifically infuriating to me and many others about this situation, and the death of an unarmed teen at the hands of an armed man confirms the reasons for being disgusted at this kind of behavior.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in civil court, if the Martins choose to pursue a wrongful death tort. The burden of proof is different in such cases, and killers often find themselves with severe financial liability regardless of the outcome of their criminal case.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 07:52 pm
burninater @ 7:40

I think you have got them on the run !! KEEP IT UP !!!!

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 08:26 pm
Burn

You are correct. The state did not prove their case and never made much of an issue of race. My problem is with people who see everything in terms of race. I am not sure why they would bring a civil lawsuit because Zimmerman has nothing of value unlike the OJ case. Also all information in regards to Martin's past would be admissible in a civil case and would not help close the wounds from their loss. I thinks the Martin's received over 2 million from the condo insurance policy.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 08:29 pm
Bledsoe

You have posted " a police want-a be" dozens of times. What is wrong with wanting to the a police officer....its an honorable profession and not a bad thing to want to be.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 07/24/13 - 08:34 pm
The I's have it

Zimmerman or
Martin

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/24/13 - 09:08 pm
I understand what you're

I understand what you're sayin' burn. But we also live in a culture where two thugs would break in your house in broad daylight with alarm system, rape your wife and daughter's then torture you for the kicks, then cut all your throats and run off with twenty bucks and playstation-all before police get there. These two thugs could be any ethnicity or either gender.

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 09:12 pm
Bledsoe

And did Trayvon do what his girlfriend on the phone do what she suggested and run home because he might be gay? Noooooooo. He went back and tried to act baddddd. And he did it with someone who was prepared for a punk teenager.

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 09:20 pm
Bledsoe

Too bad martin did not take advantage of the gf's advice after she incited his alarm. Now how accountable is she in iincited him to go back?

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/24/13 - 09:22 pm
The state of Georgia has

The state of Georgia has seven venomous species of snakes I believe-one of the most of any state. I grew up in Georgia and quite the outdoorsman. I have stepped on or beside rattlesnakes many times-never to be bitten. Now once I've stepped over and riled this snake what odds do you think I can "go back" and just bend over and pick em' up? Martin should have never returned to encounter Zimmerman-after all Zimmerman could have been a racist vigilante over zealous neighborhood watch nut.
im

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 09:26 pm
Rem

I will go with the police want to be over the thug want to be for now.

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 09:31 pm
My side or yours when a

My side or yours when a double post. Must be mine. owensjeff suffers often. 3 times today or yesterday.

myfather15
myfather15 07/24/13 - 09:54 pm
Burninator

Comical?? Really? Oooh yeah, Trayvon was running away so fast, that a 6'02 175 pound man, couldn't out run a 5'07 185 pound man? Seriously? And you think this is rational logic? Trying getting into a foot pursuit sometime with some tall skinny guy, then tell me he was running!!

" carrying lethal force and challenging an individual's right to move about in public, simply because they "look suspicious" to them."

Again; at what point can you PROVE that Zimmerman interfered with Martin's "Right to move about in public"?

I believe people also have the RIGHT to call 911 when they see someone suspicious, including someone FOLLOWING you!! I believe only ONE 911 call was made that night and THAT was by the law abiding citizen, who was looking out for his neighborhood. A neighborhood by the way; which had 17 previous burglaries in the last few months.

If my neighborhood has 17 burglaries within a YEAR; I believe I'm calling 911 if I see some dude SNEEZE while standing on the sidewalk!! If he looks the same directions twice, I'm calling!! If he bends over to tie his shoes, I'm calling!! If I see someone that I've simply never seen before, I'm calling!! SEVENTEEN for petes sake!!! I've worked law enforcement for 16 years and I've only seen one or two neighborhoods get hit this hard with burglaries. THAT IS A LOT!!!! The subdivision I live in, I just about recognize every person and car!! I might not know their names, but I know their faces.

deestafford
deestafford 07/24/13 - 10:13 pm
Finally! I have solved something that has been bothering me

since 2005! I have wonder what kind of people could have voted for obama in the face of all the facts about his background and lack of experience among other shortcomings and I now have the answer. Comments by people here who refuse to see the facts that have been pointed out to them over and over and over again and still project what they want to see have shown me the kind of people who have elected the community agitator, race hustler....twice!

I want to thank you leftist liberals with the racial blinders for clearing up for me what has been a conundrum.

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 10:47 pm
well, not my kind of people

I don't think I want to redo this post I am pretty certain my parents had their attitude, one parent from the North. But they did not express to me any opinions. Oh except their discuss for a tiny, I mean tiny group old pathetc kkk people who tried to organize an event. It was pathetic. It totally bombed. Their attitude was you were not raised like this.

myfather15
myfather15 07/24/13 - 10:51 pm
deestafford

What the liberals are INCREDIBLY good at is organizing, I've got to give them that. I WISH that conservative groups were as enthusiastic about protesting things they disagree with, as liberals are!! Most of the time, conservatives are relatively quiet and TOO dang quiet!!

Liberals PREY on the youth and impressionable people!! The committed leftists organize and indoctrinate people on a false reality!! These people you see interviewed on the streets who can't tell you who the vice president is or what a founding father is; are the people who voted for Obama, because he is "Cool".

If we voted for people as MLK Jr said; by the content of their Character, this man wouldn't have been voted in the FIRST time!! The Marxist/socialists this man has ALWAYS associated with, would have been the first sign; to an informed people!! But that is the problem, we are no longer an informed people!! People care more about reality TV, than they care about reality!! They get their news from "Rolling Stone" and "The Daily Show"!! People are so consumed with technology and STUFF, they couldn't care less about important issues. That's probably the main reason I comment on here; is because you can't have these conversations with people on the streets. They simply don't want to hear about the bad things, or talk about them. You start talking about these subjects and they want to change the subject!!

The liberal's organization, along with ignorant uninformed people are EXACTLY why this man is President!!

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 11:12 pm
Axtually, reared is what they

Actually, reared is what they would have said.

Darby
Darby 07/24/13 - 11:29 pm
To Burn from T3

"I think you have got them on the run !! KEEP IT UP !!!!"

Bless your little pea pickin' heart. You are such an optimistic dreamer....

Darby
Darby 07/24/13 - 11:43 pm
Would we get the same outrage from T3,

Burn and the other libs if both Zimmerman and Martin had been white?

Take ten seconds and think about it.

Without white liberal guilt to fuel their argument, their entire argument collapses under its own weight.

With no black "victim" and no white "killer", they've got nothing. No racial flames to fan.

Didn't really need the full ten seconds did you?

Darby
Darby 07/24/13 - 11:47 pm
Doesn't this fiasco remind you of the Duke

Lacrosse team scam agitated by Sharpton and company?

And it's beginning appear that the substance of the charges and the final result will be pretty much the same too.

JRC2024
JRC2024 07/24/13 - 11:58 pm
Enough of Martin. It is over.

Enough of Martin. It is over. What about the baby and his cold blodded heartless killer.

owensjef3