Both sons were loved dearly

If I had a son like Trayvon Martin, I would love him dearly and unconditionally. I would remember the first time I ever held him; I would remember his favorite toy; I would remember the cute things he would say; and I would remember his smile that would light up the room. I would look at all his pictures in the photo album. I would look at Trayvon’s picture when he was 12 and think what an angel he is. I would look at that picture and become sad.

What happened to my baby? He changed. He is 17, and I don’t know who he is.

I want my precious son back. I peek at his phone and see the gun in his hand. Oh my God, whom has he gotten involved with? I’ve told him to stay away from those boys. I look at the woman’s jewelry in one of the pictures. Could my baby be one of the thieves that I hear about in the news? I ask him about it, and he denies everything. I look on the phone, and see the drugs. I hope he stops before he is in too deep. Please, Trayvon, stop, don’t become a dealer or, worse, an addict.

People would see my son as a thug, but they don’t know the real Trayvon. He was such a beautiful child, a true delight when he was younger. I don’t know where the anger came from. I know he used racist language, but he certainly didn’t learn that from me. He began skipping school, and I have been there talking to them about Trayvon. He is such a smart kid. He should be getting much better grades than he is. I can’t even talk to Trayvon anymore. I want my baby back.

I’ve told him nothing good ever happens after dark. I’ve told him I don’t like his friends, and why doesn’t he hang out with that nice boy down the street? I’ve confronted him so many times, and he ignores me. I love my boy, and want him back. Maybe once these rough teen years are over with. If anything happens to him, I will be heartbroken. I would wonder how much our break-up has affected him.

My Trayvon is gone, and I am in total shock. My son, my son. Tears won’t stop. The pain will never stop. I try to put the blame on the murderer. I want revenge. Someone will pay for taking my son from me. If I had a gun, if I had a gun. The tears won’t stop.

Trayvon, why? Why did you change? This was not the real you. I am so sad, so numb, I can’t go on anymore. I love you so much, son. Living has become very difficult without you. I don’t blame the man who did this, I don’t believe he was racist. I feared this day would come, but never imagined your death being the result. I want you back, I want you back, I want my baby back. God, look after my son.

If I had a son like George Zimmerman, I would love him dearly.

Darby
Darby 07/24/13 - 05:09 pm
And one more thing.....

I'm guessing that by the liberal/socialist/progressive standard, that any neighborhood watch person (And there are thousands of them out there as we speak.)....

....is guilty of "stalking" (there's that pejorative) word again, unless the person he is following is white. In which case, it's perfectly okay and not "stalking" at all.

If the person being followed is white and the neighborhood watchman is also white, then everything is just peachy. Am I getting this right?? Wouldn't want to offend a low information liberal.

myfather15
myfather15 07/24/13 - 05:14 pm
Burninator

"Now, if I had been, as GZ was, the person that INITIATED the threatening confrontation, then perhaps "murderer" would apply."

Honestly, what will it take for people to believe Trayvon initiated the original contact? See, you CAN follow someone and NEVER make contact with them. There was a WITNESS who seen Trayvon on top of Zimmerman, pounding his head into the concrete. George Zimmerman took NOT ONE, but TWO lie detector's and was shown to be truthful when asked if HE initiated contact with Martin!! So, exactly what will it take for you guys to believe Martin STARTED the actual, physical confrontation???

like-it-is
like-it-is 07/24/13 - 05:17 pm
SAY WHAT?

I just CANNOT believe that this PAPER would Print this Story. I agree with M_Matt. To me about 90% of these comments are Racist. I hope none of our kids are put in a position like this, with someone who wants to be a cop follow them, JUST BECAUSE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. Let the REAL COPS DO the JOB, and not by some CRAZY MAN following walking behind them. I would have fought for my life too. This Steve story need to be taken out of this PAPER, AC

myfather15
myfather15 07/24/13 - 05:18 pm
Most of the people BLINDLY

Most of the people BLINDLY supporting TM; are nothing but race baiters!!! The ONLY reason they believe Zimmerman is guilty is because he LOOKS white, and TM was definitely a young black man!! THESE are the true racists of the world!! Because they DO NOT take FACTS into consideration, only RACE!!! They are ALWAYS thinking with RACE on their minds!! They just can NOT get past the race of EVERYONE they see!!

Normal people do NOT go around everyday thinking about RACE and the race of the people they talk to!! They treat everyone with respect, regardless of race!! Most of the time, race doesn't place a factor in their day to day thoughts. But, NOT with these people!! They ALWAYS think with RACE!!! It's absolutely DISGUSTING, and I'm SICK OF IT!!!

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 05:34 pm
Bledsoe

Someone starts following you. You don't know why. You turn and go back and approach him, throw a punch, and manage to get him on the ground. You are start to bang his head on the ground. Tim, you have a weapon. Are you going to just lie there and hope he decides to quit short of your death. Or are you going to try to pull out any possible weapon and try to go home to your family, at some point?

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 05:31 pm
Burn

You obviously don't believe Zimmerman's version of the events. He said he was returning to his truck and Martin confronted and attacked him. It is completely reasonable to track a stranger walking around "your" neighborhood at night in the rain. If I saw a stranger walking around my neighbors house at night I would confront this person and ask what he was doing. Would you call my behavior stalking or reasonable? If this person attacked me I would have every right to defend myself.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 05:34 pm
MYFATHER15

Good point. It has been reported that Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson thought Zimmerman was a white Jewish man. This would make him a prime target for their hatred.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 05:39 pm
like it is

who was the one fight for his life. It sounds like Martin was in complete control of the situation.

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 06:00 pm
I have not read all of the comments.

Those 2 actually beleved Zim was Jewish. Talk about profiling!!!

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 05:43 pm
I'm guessing that by the

------
Why is it always about race and/or politics for some people?

NOONE should be stalked by an armed thug simply for walking in a neighborhood. I don't care if they call themselves "Neighborhood Watch" or "Tweedle Dum Super Cop Man", and I don't care if the person being stalked is young or old, black or white. It is a perversion of respect and personal liberty that ANYONE feels like it is justifiable to be an armed thug, stalking people because they don't like the way they look. This incident demonstrates EXACTLY why we pay to maintain a professional police force. Armed thugs with police delusions have NO business stalking people on our streets simply because they don't like the way they look.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 05:48 pm
Burn

Some like your self may cower behind a locked door but I tend to try to keep my neighborhood safe and be proactive when I see suspicious behavior. I have broken no law in doing so.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 05:53 pm
RMSHEFF. Walking down the

RMSHEFF. Walking down the street is not suspicious behavior. Even if the person walking is black.

And you know nothing about me, or what I would do. I don't expect you to apologize for calling me a coward because I wouldn't trail a young black person with a gun simply for walking in a neighborhood, anymore than you would expect me to apologize for calling such an act racist and ignorant.

chascushman
chascushman 07/24/13 - 05:54 pm
'Wouldn't want to offend a

'Wouldn't want to offend a low information liberal."
I believe you offended most of the liberals on this post.

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 05:56 pm
burn

Where is the evidence that watch group people are not suspicious of unknown whites being in a neighborhood under suspicious circumstances? Actually, mail theft was reported last year. Perps were seen, but we don't know their skin description. And it does not matter. A THEIF IS A THEIF.

AND Do not even try to come into my house.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 05:59 pm

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 06:04 pm
"Where is the evidence that

"Where is the evidence that watch group people are not suspicious of unknown whites being in a neighborhood under suspicious circumstances?"

KSL, I was talking about the GZ case. GZ stalked Martin simply for how he looked, which was young and black.

I have absolutely no doubt that Neighborhood Watchers stalk ANYONE they don't like the look of, black, white, whatever. The problem is that people think that it is appropriate to stalk someone, while armed, simply because they don't like the way they look. Are we cavemen? I thought we had grown past behaving like paranoid animals.

Darby
Darby 07/24/13 - 06:04 pm
"I would have fought for my life too."

I agree with like-it-is. If I had been Zimmerman, I would have fought for my life as he did.

And if I had a weapon, as he did, I would have certainly used it.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 06:07 pm
Burn

The neighborhood watch manual in Zimmerman's gated neighborhood describes Martin's behavior as suspicious behavior. A person not recognized as a resident walking close to the building and not on the sidewalk at night, in the rain with no umbrella and not involved in any obvious task such as walking a dog, taking out trash or going to get mail is described as suspicious.

You seem to be saying you would just call the police and not get involved ! I would confront the person and ask what he was doing and if he attacked me for doing this he could expect me to defend myself with whatever I had.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 06:18 pm
"You seem to be saying you

"You seem to be saying you would just call the police and not get involved !"

RMSHEFF, I am about to blow your mind. I'm saying that in a free country, I wouldn't even call the police because someone was walking in the rain! Even if they were black! Can you imagine that? Can you imagine NOT calling the police, even if there is a black kid in your neighborhood on a rainy night? That's right, BLACK, and WALKING! Last I checked, that wasn't illegal anymore. You may want to brush up on your post-Civil Rights era local ordinances.

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 06:27 pm
burn

How about an arned not thug who gets his nose broken.

If I was armed and I saw someone unknown out and about in the rain, I might follow them. I would definitely call 911 (not if I was intent on murder) Only if I was intent on watch. Why put myself in the spotlight?

DID TRAYVON CALL 911 because he was afraid? He had reason to be in the area.

Zim took advantage of opportunty to call 911. Now if he was "stalking" with intent to kill, why call 911 at all????

When he saw Trayvon approaching him, why not draw his gun? Give the defenseless teenager a chance to retreat? Evidence indicates T was short at extremely short range.

KSL
KSL 07/24/13 - 06:35 pm
burn

I think by law, it is not considered "stalking" if it is not repetitive and illegal. Are you saying that if a police car or firetruck or ambulance drives by in my neighborhood, I cannot go by on a public stree tto see if and where they have stopped in my neighborhood?

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 07/24/13 - 06:41 pm
Some people are clueless....

Stop with the he was just walking in the rain...he was a expelled, pot smoking wanna be tough guy. He bragged about fighting and he was caught with stolen property and a screwdriver in his book bag on school grounds. This was covered up. His real picture was never shown by the media. The walk through video that was done by the Sanford police the day after showed Zimmerman with a broken nose, black eye and three butterfly bandages on the back of his head. He has never changed his story. He was found innocent. Like I said earlier. Martin chose the wrong guy to try and be tough with. He made his bed...to bad it wound up being a dirt one. Martin is the only one to blame for his death had he kept going and not circled back to jump Zimmerman he could have made it home to drink his tea and eat his skittles.

Darby
Darby 07/24/13 - 06:46 pm
"Can you imagine NOT calling the police,

even if there is a black kid in your neighborhood on a rainy night? That's right, BLACK, and WALKING! Last I checked, that wasn't illegal anymore."

Actually, no I can't. He was walking, at night, in a neighborhood with a history of and a rash of burglaries. Anyone with his head on straight would have done exactly what Zimmerman did.

Just wondering why Trayvon's dad or his dad's girlfriend didn't inform the "kid" that there was a neighborhood watch in force. They certainly knew..

Or maybe they did warn him. Black and walking. And maybe looking for trouble. Maybe looking for a "Creepy [filtered word] Craka". Just wondering...

Food for thought...

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/24/13 - 06:41 pm
The issue is not about color.

The issue is not about color. You seem to be stuck on the color thing! Its about a suspicious person in a gated neighborhood. His activity was considered suspicious by the neighborhood watch manual. Zimmerman was doing his job by noticing the behavior. Zimmerman never made a issue of his color. He was ask by the 911 operator for a description as to color to assist the police officer. When he was ask what color he said "I think he is black" Zimmerman was not completely sure what color he was and that did not matter because he was observing behavior. You liberals are the only ones obsessed with the color of one skin !

So, if you observer someone with suspicious behavior in you neighborhood you would do nothing! I am glad you are not my neighbor !
This is why many neighborhoods have so much crime because people will not watch out for their neighbors.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 06:48 pm
KSL, I'm not sure what sirens

KSL, I'm not sure what sirens have to do with calling the police or tailing someone with lethal force simply because you don't like the looks of them.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 06:59 pm
RMSHEFF, here's the

RMSHEFF, here's the suspicious behavior GZ reported to 911:

"Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, it's Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

GZ assumes "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something". His basis for that is "It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about." Huh? Walking in the rain is the basis for pronouncing someone up to no good, or on drugs? God forbid we go for walks now. The reason why people assume racial profiling by GZ, is that walking in the rain is not, to most sane humans, sufficient basis to presume someone is up to no good, and possibly on drugs. So the question becomes, what OTHER basis did GZ have to make that assumption?

And I'm sure RMSHEFF, if you read the 911 transcript, that you saw this part:

"No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left, uh, you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. (expletive) he's running.

Dispatcher

He's running? Which way is he running?"

TM initiated the confrontation by RUNNING AWAY? Good gracious, people need their BS meters checked.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 07:06 pm
So, if you observer someone

-----
Wrong. I would not consider a young black man walking down the street as suspicious.

And GZ's exact and immediate answer to the dispatcher was "He looks black". Claiming GZ had no sense of TM's appearance is simply not supported by the facts.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 07:08 pm
HA @ 3:50

"But someone who judges people based on their race alone is a racist...right?"

First, I miss our debating.

Second, people can disguss the tremendous differences between the races, without being a racist. CAN WE PLEASE get past this ??

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 07/24/13 - 07:09 pm
Your BS Meter is off the

Your BS Meter is off the scale...if he was running away, how did GZ catch TM?

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 07/24/13 - 07:12 pm
Hey Burn... why didn't you

Hey Burn... why didn't you quote the rest of the dispatch call...

Dispatcher

Sanford Police Department.

Zimmerman

Dispatcher

OK, and this guy is he white, black, or hispanic?

Zimmerman