Both sons were loved dearly

If I had a son like Trayvon Martin, I would love him dearly and unconditionally. I would remember the first time I ever held him; I would remember his favorite toy; I would remember the cute things he would say; and I would remember his smile that would light up the room. I would look at all his pictures in the photo album. I would look at Trayvon’s picture when he was 12 and think what an angel he is. I would look at that picture and become sad.

What happened to my baby? He changed. He is 17, and I don’t know who he is.

I want my precious son back. I peek at his phone and see the gun in his hand. Oh my God, whom has he gotten involved with? I’ve told him to stay away from those boys. I look at the woman’s jewelry in one of the pictures. Could my baby be one of the thieves that I hear about in the news? I ask him about it, and he denies everything. I look on the phone, and see the drugs. I hope he stops before he is in too deep. Please, Trayvon, stop, don’t become a dealer or, worse, an addict.

People would see my son as a thug, but they don’t know the real Trayvon. He was such a beautiful child, a true delight when he was younger. I don’t know where the anger came from. I know he used racist language, but he certainly didn’t learn that from me. He began skipping school, and I have been there talking to them about Trayvon. He is such a smart kid. He should be getting much better grades than he is. I can’t even talk to Trayvon anymore. I want my baby back.

I’ve told him nothing good ever happens after dark. I’ve told him I don’t like his friends, and why doesn’t he hang out with that nice boy down the street? I’ve confronted him so many times, and he ignores me. I love my boy, and want him back. Maybe once these rough teen years are over with. If anything happens to him, I will be heartbroken. I would wonder how much our break-up has affected him.

My Trayvon is gone, and I am in total shock. My son, my son. Tears won’t stop. The pain will never stop. I try to put the blame on the murderer. I want revenge. Someone will pay for taking my son from me. If I had a gun, if I had a gun. The tears won’t stop.

Trayvon, why? Why did you change? This was not the real you. I am so sad, so numb, I can’t go on anymore. I love you so much, son. Living has become very difficult without you. I don’t blame the man who did this, I don’t believe he was racist. I feared this day would come, but never imagined your death being the result. I want you back, I want you back, I want my baby back. God, look after my son.

If I had a son like George Zimmerman, I would love him dearly.

m_matt
m_matt 07/24/13 - 01:11 pm
ymnbde "Content of Character"

Did you seriously just say that? ROFL

CricketSeranade
CricketSeranade 07/24/13 - 01:22 pm
Sweet Son,

Skittles and Iced Tea. Two of the three ingredients in something called "Purple Drank."

So having a bag of skittles and an iced tea in his possession means that he was a drug manufacturer? If you have cold medicine in your home and a tank of propane on your gas grill, does that make you a meth manufacturer?

BEING BLACK IS NOT A CRIME!

Trayvon was not a drug dealer, a gang banger, or a thief. He had no criminal record yet the author of this 'poem' and others here have convicted him of all of these crimes simply because he was a young black male.

m_matt
m_matt 07/24/13 - 01:43 pm
Flagged

for the truth...figures

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 02:01 pm
Quote from LTE

"What happened to my baby? He changed. He is 17, and I don’t know who he is."

Does this mean that he should have been killed ??!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 02:06 pm
CricketSeranade @ 1:22

"BEING BLACK IS NOT A CRIME!"

But in this case, I strongly suspect that it got him killed !!

owensjef3

owensjef3 07/24/13 - 02:08 pm
I. Eli's e Zimmerman had. The

I. Eli's e Zimmerman had. The criminal record

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 07/24/13 - 02:08 pm
i'm 58 years old and i've

i'm 58 years old and i've seen kids like trayvon all my life..whether black or white they live on the edge...and have a chip on their shoulder.and a firecracker temper...it maybe true trayvon had no criminal record but he brushed with the law all the time..he was definitley a wanna be BAD boy. bragging about drugs and fights..it was he who attacked zimmerman because he thought he was a bad tough dude..so quit treating him like the13 year old picture the media keeps showing.. its sad it ended this way..but it happens all the time..this time they tried to make it racist...whether its black on black, white on black or hispanic on black or vise versa..it all stems from a lack of morals and a bad you know what attitude..to be honest zimmerman doesnt display these attitudes so i believe him and the evidence.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 02:14 pm
Bizkit @ 9:37

"There is no point to this letter."

Actualy, I believe this letter means more than some of the others from past days.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 02:25 pm
owensjef3 @ 11:04

"The kid was returning from buying snacks, why do some continue to trash this kid."

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 02:36 pm
m_matt @ 1:04

"Zimmerman followed Trayvon with a gun, Trayvon was minding his business with some skittles and tea, but let's forget about that. Trayvon wasn't on trial, Zimmerman was, let's forget about that too, the court did. How convenient."

TWO or three very good points !!

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 07/24/13 - 02:41 pm
Both loved

True__Both were loved by their parents, I am sure.
No evidence was introduced in court that Martin was holding a gun. As you guys say, it is the evidence that matters. And if he was pictured holding a gun, there are two irrefutable truths: Martin never killed anyone and Zimmerman will forever be a killer. No amount of bashing Martin will change that.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 02:59 pm
Truth Matters @ 2:41

"Martin never killed anyone and Zimmerman will forever be a killer. No amount of bashing Martin will change that."

WELL STATED !!

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/24/13 - 03:15 pm
Zimmerman will forever be a killer?

No he won't. He was found innocent.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/24/13 - 03:36 pm
justthefacts @ 3:15

"No he won't. He was found innocent."

SOOO, how did TM get killed ??!! GZ pulled the trigger, didn't he ??

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/24/13 - 03:44 pm
Jury says not murder.

Someone who kills in self defense is not a murderer.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 03:49 pm
I bet you think OJ was a

I bet you think OJ was a killer too, t3? Sheesh. Everyone knows the verdict defines reality.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/24/13 - 03:50 pm
But someone who judges people

But someone who judges people based on their race alone is a racist...right?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/24/13 - 03:51 pm
By definition....Killer,

By definition....Killer, yes.....Murderer, no.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 03:57 pm
If a complete stranger

If a complete stranger follows me at night and confronts me, I am going to defend myself against that aggressive behavior. If I were in Trayvon's shoes that night, I would have let GZ know I was armed and prepared to defend myself. If GZ didn't cease his aggression, I would have stood my ground, GZ would be dead, and I would have been acting in self defense.

That's the irony of this situation.

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/24/13 - 04:04 pm
So Burn

Would you then be considered a murderer?

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 04:07 pm
I'll stick with the original

I'll stick with the original term at issue here, "killer".

And as HA aptly points out, a killer I would be.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 04:09 pm
Now, if I had been, as GZ

Now, if I had been, as GZ was, the person that INITIATED the threatening confrontation, then perhaps "murderer" would apply.

chascushman
chascushman 07/24/13 - 04:10 pm
"This is exactly what I can

"This is exactly what I can not see why the majority of people can't get this aspect of what happened !!"
Bledsoe, majority of the people you hangout with and the folks on MSNBC might see it that way but that does not mean the majority of the US sees it that way.

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/24/13 - 04:14 pm
Again

The jury heard the evidence.

Darby
Darby 07/24/13 - 04:48 pm
"If being black made Treyvon a thug..."

No, being black had nothing to do with his being a thug.. He was a thug IN SPITE OF BEING BLACK.

His skin color is just something radical leftists use to excuse bad behavior and divert attention from criminal activity.

The same goes for ignorant references to the KKK (A group of discredited, knuckle dragging, morons who are the butt of jokes, not fear and intimidation.) Do they even exist anymore? I'm not sure...

I think the KKK may have (or could have) disbanded since the Democrat Party has succeeded in doing more damage to poor and middle class blacks than the Grand Dragon and his Neanderthals could ever hope to achieve.

The KKK, if they are still around should send a letter of sincere thanks and commendation to the DNC.

burninater
burninater 07/24/13 - 04:47 pm
Sorry Darby, he was a kid

Sorry Darby, he was a kid walking home from the store.

"Thug" is the person who decides to stalk and harass someone, while armed with lethal force, simply for the way they look.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/24/13 - 04:57 pm
Well said burn

Well said burn

Darby
Darby 07/24/13 - 04:59 pm
I'm not at all sorry, Burn...

"Thug" is the person who decides to wait in ambush, with clinched fists, (weapons in any state) to pound the daylights out of someone they have sized up and thought to be unarmed and an easy mark.

Suggests that it certainly wasn't his first time to assault someone doesn't it?.

Maybe the thug, Trayvon forgot that he was in a CWC state. Must have, or he wouldn't have been so stupid.

Though both men have had minor run-ins with authorities, ask yourself which one has done charity work or has a record of helping others.

Zimmerman was tried and found not guilty. (Of course all libs/progs know the jury was fixed.)

Martin, had he lived would have faced criminal assault charges. To bad he didn't make it because he really belonged in jail.