Facts support Zimmerman

With the recent verdict of the George Zimmerman trial, I am amazed at the number of people who are willing to completely ignore any and all facts to hold on to their preconceived conclusions. For example, how many of us have heard that Zimmerman should be punished because he racially profiled Martin?

Even Attorney General Eric Holder is considering bringing up hate-crime charges. Truth is, the FBI has already completed an extensive investigation and found no such profiling occurred, but that fact doesn’t stop those who are closed-minded.

Also, how many people have heard that the shooting was Zimmerman’s fault because he was ordered not to follow Martin?

It doesn’t seem to matter that he was not ordered to do so, nor does a 911 dispatcher have the authority to give such an order in the first place. It also doesn’t seem to matter that following someone is perfectly legal, and punching someone in the face and slamming someone’s head against the ground is not. That doesn’t stop them from saying that Martin was the victim here, even though all evidence shows that Martin was the aggressor, and the only one who actually committed a crime.

Six jurors listened to all of the evidence and entered a verdict, yet there are people who don’t seem to care about real justice if it doesn’t turn out the way they wanted it to. It saddens me that there are so many people who care so little for facts.

Angela Hicks

Windsor, S.C.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/22/13 - 04:30 am
Oh boy, not today

Oh boy, not today

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/22/13 - 07:39 am
Owens, do you care to refute

Owens, do you care to refute any of the facts? I know it is getting tiresome, but so are the lies. (Oh boy....not today....I sure do wish people would stick to emotion and baseless accusations instead of presenting facts.)

carcraft
carcraft 07/22/13 - 05:55 am
Humble Angela, I agree!

Humble Angela, I agree! Enough of the Lies and false "facts"! Meanwhile Detroit is bankrupt (something Obama said would not happen during the debate). The IRS scandal now indicates a high level Obama appointee was involved. Holder continues to lie. Oh I know, don't look at the little man behind the curtain, watch the Travon Martin circus, much more fun to incite racial hatred than deal with a corrupt government!

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/22/13 - 05:57 am
I believe Ms. Hicks' final

I believe Ms. Hicks' final paragraph states it correctly!

ymnbde
ymnbde 07/22/13 - 06:05 am
limited reasoning skills and imprecise language

where following and stalking mean the same thing
what Orwell called Newspeak
the Newspeak definition of blackwhite is
"the habit of impudently claiming that black is white, in contradiction of the plain facts. Applied to a Party member, it means a loyal willingness to say that black is white when Party discipline demands this. But it means also the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know that black is white, and to forget that one has ever believed the contrary."
the O crowd is simply using Trayvon as a diversion to
Benghazi and the IRS and all the other scandals
they know you're right

Shortcomment
Shortcomment 07/22/13 - 06:44 am
Has America has seen through the smoke screen?

A smoke screen used to draw our attention away for numerous Scandals, investigations and violations of the Bill of Rights?

So, what is the next disaster to befall on the USA, in order to deflect our attention away from the many Presidents Administration blunders?

The President and his staff understand, out of sight is out of mind.

CABoatright
CABoatright 07/22/13 - 07:23 am
Hallelujah!!

Hallelujah, Hallelujah!!! Lets hope the smokescreen becomes more apparent each day until ALL people recognize this mess for what it really is!

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/22/13 - 08:00 am
Day 9 and no Riots, some

opportunists but no city burning riots

America has grown up.

Maybe it is time to put all the Race dividers on the shelf as Historic Relics that they are.

Isn't it time to put the over exploited use and excuse of Race to rest?

grouse
grouse 07/22/13 - 08:34 am
I wonder what Ms. Hicks'

I wonder what Ms. Hicks' reaction would be if she were to be followed by a male while walking home one evening. "We don't need you to do that" may not be, technically, an order, but any reasonable person would follow that advice. If "These effing punks. These ***holes always get away" is not profiling, I don't know what is. The bottom line is, Zimmerman should have stayed in his car and Martin would be alive. Listen to the enhanced 911 taped call and tell me Zimmerman wasn't the aggressor.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/22/13 - 08:36 am
Good letter. It is amazing

Good letter. It is amazing how people can look at the same set of facts and come to totally different conclusions. I think it must involve prejudice and emotion.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/22/13 - 08:44 am
nocnoc

That is the real story. All of the America hating liberal media along with the race pimps have tried as hard as they could to make this about race but it seems they have failed. Obama and Holder will continue to use this case to further gun control and as a"get out to vote" effort in the black community. Never let a crisis go to waste!

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 07/22/13 - 09:01 am
It sure has added to my list

of performers that have no clue and obviously don't need me to support anything they represent, sell, star in or record. Want the truth? Listen to Charles Barkley. He used common sense not emotion to see through the Zimmerman case.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/22/13 - 09:35 am
Who are those fomenting violence?

Well, if you remember the last time there was an unpopular "not guilty" verdict, the defendent was black. He walked out of the courtroom a free man. He went out to a (majority white) country club for his "victory" celebration, and went on for years as a spokesman and celebrity speaker. Mr. Zimmerman on the other hand --along with his family-- are under death threats, the real sort, not drummed up by the press and ignored by the Justice Department.

Tell me again, who is it that is demanding lynch law "justice"?

bigj706
bigj706 07/22/13 - 09:42 am
The case is over and the jury

The case is over and the jury made the right call, but that doesn't mean he wasn't profiled. This is the perfect time since the topic is open to talk about race, because if it was all good in this country with it as so many on here claim it wouldn't be an issue. Just because" the blacks look fine to me" doesn't mean some things couldn't be fixed for one noticing the difference of how one another thinks if you can't put yourself in my shoes or know my situations of my life experiences that never happen to you how can you judge just because it never entered your mine that it could even happen. That means we are starting off on the wrong foot already. As an example say I never had to deal with the death of a love one who am I to tell someone who has a death that they shouldn't be up set because I don't know what that feeling is.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/22/13 - 09:46 am
CONGRATS to Humble Angela

NOW, that wasn't TOO difficult was it ?? You have been successfull to raley your beloved ultra-conservatives around you !! NOW, bask in the knowledge that your put your letter where you comments usually are !! I think I will write an e-mail of thanks to The Chronicle for printing it, and I would do the same if I were you ! Again, congrats !!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/22/13 - 09:46 am
Let's see......profiling,

Let's see......profiling, following, physical assault, self defense. Of those listed, which is the only one that is NOT legal.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/22/13 - 09:48 am
I don't need to rely on

I don't need to rely on anyone t3bledsoe.....truth and the facts are on my side.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/22/13 - 09:52 am
dstewartsr @ 9:35

"Mr. Zimmerman on the other hand --along with his family-- are under death threats, the real sort, not drummed up by the press and ignored by the Justice Department."

If the verdict had have gone the way it should have, GZ would probably still have to put into prison icolation !!

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 07/22/13 - 09:54 am
Like I said in another post....

There are 2 kinds of people...those that profile and victims...if you are the former you are less likely to be the latter. That is just common sense.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 07/22/13 - 09:55 am
Sorry you are so uninformed but

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/22/13 - 10:04 am
t3bledso.....what evidence do

t3bledsoe.....what evidence do YOU have that the jury didn't get to see or hear?

Young Fred
Young Fred 07/22/13 - 10:02 am
The ability to reason.

The ability to reason. That’s what I was told as a youngster, the ability to reason is what separates man from animals.

It’s becoming painfully obvious, that a large percentage of those walking upright with opposable thumbs, lack that which I’ve been told separates us from animals.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/22/13 - 10:03 am
Bledsoe

I hope you are never selected to serve on a jury because it seems you are unable to separate fact from possibilities.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/22/13 - 10:03 am
GnipGnop @ 9:55

"the verdict was correct. Remove the emotion and only go by the facts. I hope you never serve on a jury."

The verdict WAS PREDETERMENED because this fool's idea of a FAIR JURY was just that, FOOLISH !!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/22/13 - 10:04 am
What was unfair about the

What was unfair about the jury?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/22/13 - 10:07 am
Young Fred @ 10:02

"The ability to reason."

PURE reasoning includes ALL of the angles !

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/22/13 - 10:11 am
HA @ 10:04

"What was unfair about the jury?"

With the USUAL racisum in this case, THE JURY was diffinatly one-sided.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/22/13 - 10:11 am
So Tim...show us what

So Tim...show us what reasoning you used to determine that Zimmerman should have been convicted, despite the facts that the jury heard, and what reasoning you used to determine that the jury wasn't fair. Let's see that reasoning......unless you intend to just demonstrate to everyone that my letter was dead on correct.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/22/13 - 10:13 am
So Tim, with ZERO evidence,

So Tim, with ZERO evidence, you are going to say that the jury was racist? If find that quite offensive. What makes them racist?

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 07/22/13 - 10:15 am
Like I said....

remove the emotion. You are letting your emotions win out over common sense. The jury had it right. Seems to me you are the one that had it decided before the evidence was presented.

Holiday will see cops, cheap gas

Authorities in Georgia and South Carolina are teaming up this weekend to target impaired drivers and protect the 1.2 million motorists in the two states who plan to travel in what AAA projects ...