Hypocrisy fans animosity

The outcome of the George Zimmerman trial was the result of our justice system. But because the results were not desired by some on the left and by race-baiting people such as the Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, it becomes an injustice. I’d bet their idea of justice is Zimmerman hanging from a tree. Some people on the left and people such as Jackson and Sharpton still think America has the atmosphere of 1963 Mississippi.

When President Obama (actually a biracial person) was elected, I heard that race relations were supposed to heal and things were going to be vastly improved. But let’s see – we have charlatans such as Sharpton and Jackson who feed on racial tensions, saying there was no justice in the Zimmerman verdict, but remain relatively quiet when blacks kill blacks in Chicago. Where is the justice for the slain in Chicago? What about the civil rights of the slain citizens in Chicago?

We have liberal media that also feed on racial tensions and race-baiting. We also have brainless athletes and celebrities making idiotic statements on Twitter.

Race issues will never improve while the hypocrisy persists among the media; irrelevant charlatans; and brain-dead celebrities and athletes.

People who are honest and have common sense know this to be true.

George J. Weber

Augusta

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 11:33 am
" That is far better than

" That is far better than following someone with a loaded gun and a flashlight based on an assumption. "

What assumption are YOU ASSUMING that Zimmerman was making?

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/18/13 - 11:34 am
Well we had a great

Well we had a great opportunity to put "race" behind us. Both McCain and Obama are multiethnic both being part "white" and "black". We could have acknowledged and grasped that ethnicity really doesn't matter and move on from there. Besides everyone knows Bill Clinton is the fist black president. hee,hee,hee.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/18/13 - 11:57 am
Quote from LTE

"People who are honest and have common sense know this to be true."

I know if Zimmerman had not gotten out of his car, then NONE of this would have happened. Common Sense 101 and probably 100 remedial!

validPoint
validPoint 07/18/13 - 12:05 pm
Very Astute.

@Bizkit, Thank you for such an astute observation..hee, hee...hee.

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 12:09 pm
So you stated that Zimmerman

So you stated that Zimmerman was following someone with a gun and an assumption, yet you are NOT assuming that he was doing that? I'm not following your logic. Where is there a fact that Zimmerman made an assumption?

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 12:33 pm
"I know if Zimmerman had not

"I know if Zimmerman had not gotten out of his car, then NONE of this would have happened. "

True...but it's not illegal to get out of your car....however, punching Zimmerman in the face IS illegal and if Martin had not done THAT, then none of this would have happened either.....right? Be honest and use common sense before you answer.

validPoint
validPoint 07/18/13 - 12:20 pm
View point shared

@tBledsoe, I share your viewpoint concerning GZ and the car. That too, is my sentiment, and thank you for sharing

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 12:21 pm
So you think following

So you think following someone, a legal act, is justification to commit physical assault?

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 12:25 pm
If Zimmerman were never a

If Zimmerman were never a neighborhood watch, it wouldn't have happened. If Martin had not visited relatives it would not have happened. If Zimmerman had not seen him, it would not have happened. If Martin had not gone to the store, it would not have happened. If If Zimmerman had not gotten out of his car it would have not happened. If Martin had not turned back and attacked Zimmerman it would not have happened. If Zimmerman did not have a concealed weapons permit it would not have happened.

Now of all those what-if's above, which one is the only one that is not legal?

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 01:36 pm
Never seem to get a response

Never seem to get a response when you point that out. Those darn facts really are annoying to the closed minded.

--new.... you'll get a thumbs down from someone who is to cowardly to attempt to argue with you....but no OTHER response.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/18/13 - 01:40 pm
HA @ 12:33

"Be honest and use common sense before you answer."

I did use more common sense than was necessary !

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 01:43 pm
So tell me Tim.....would any

So answer my question, Tim.....would any of this have happened if Martin had not broken the law and punched Zimmerman?

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 01:44 pm
Did Zimmerman, at any time,

Did Zimmerman, at any time, violate the law? Did Martin?

validPoint
validPoint 07/18/13 - 01:44 pm
change of heart.

@George Weber: It is my persuasion that the only thing that will change anything is the heart of mankind, and there does come a time when Reality overrules Facts....Society as a whole is laced with hypocracy. We see it in some manner or another everyday.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/18/13 - 01:48 pm
HA @ 12:25

"If If Zimmerman had not gotten out of his car it would have not happened."

NOW YOU HAVE GOT IT !! Now, go one step farther and say it with me, "The 911 dispatcher said they did not want Zimmerman to follow Martin !"

As an aside: How did you get the words "happened" to all line up ?? That's a neat trick !

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 01:52 pm
The dispatcher told him they

The dispatcher told him they don't NEED him to follow Martin...and even if he did, it is not illegal. Physical assault IS illegal and it warrants self defense. Martin's attack on Zimmerman was in no way warranted by the law. Why is that so hard to understand?

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 01:50 pm
Lining up.....just an

Lining up.....just an astounding coincidence.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/18/13 - 01:57 pm
Got a new angle

I believe stalking is illegal ! If I am wrong, and I don't believe I am, Zimmerman's "stalking" of Martin GAVE MARTIN the legal right to use force on Zimmerman !! CAN I GET AN "AT-A-BOY" FOR THIS OVER-LOOKED TRUTH !!

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 07/18/13 - 02:39 pm
quess zimmerman is a poor

quess zimmerman is a poor stalker...martin disapperared between houses..zimmerman being a neighbor watch man**got out of the car**as you or i would have***walked a ways down the lawn and looked around**still couldn't find trayvon**and simply headed back to his vehicle**how on this green earth is that stalking??????

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 07/18/13 - 02:55 pm
I thought the rule when being stalked is run away and call 911

I didn't realize the police, etc., advise people being stalked to hide and then jump out and try to beat the everliving daylights out of the stalker. That seems pretty counter-intuitive to me, but oh, well.

Live and learn.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/18/13 - 03:05 pm
The baby we DON'T talk about

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my... mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty... too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.

How many news media folks even know his name..

validPoint
validPoint 07/18/13 - 03:23 pm
At-A-Boy FOUND

Totally in agreement, the teen had every right to defend himself from a stranger. I am amazed at the manner in which blindness has covered this fact... Now, if the stranger had identified himself, and his mission, that is completely different...Personally, I believe GZ was not consistent with recalling what happened....too bad the teen is not available to speak....

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 03:28 pm
I see....You don't know what

I see....You don't know what stalking is...that explains it.

Now...let's see.....stalking still doesn't require self defense....it requires that you report it. Being tackled to the ground and punched in the face DOES require self defense....so your argument is STILL invalid. Why are you trying so hard to defend the aggressor in this instance?

Due to your gross misunderstanding of stalking laws, no "at a boy" will be given.

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 03:30 pm
You have a right to defend

You have a right to defend yourself against a violent attack. Even IF Zimmerman was stalking, which he was not, there was no threat of violence, therefore Martin broke the law.

How about someone show us some EVIDENCE that stalking occurred?

Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 03:32 pm
Hmmmm....So if I'm walking

Hmmmm....So if I'm walking down the sidewalk, and someone is following me, I have the right to inflict violence upon them? If you believe that, then I think you better talk to a lawyer before you BOTH get yourselves in some serious trouble Mr. Bledsoe and validpoint.

validPoint
validPoint 07/18/13 - 03:53 pm
An Open Apology

If I have used unacceptable language
as many may sometime do;
please accept my apology
My goal was not to offend you.

Being that we live in an imperfect world
and mistakes are made everday;
It is my hope to at least
do a kind deed
as I travel along the way.