Ignorance is damaging

The ignorance in this country is almost laughable if it were not so damaging. The following are just three examples of what I have seen lately.

First, the recent “not guilty” verdict in the case of George Zimmerman. The ignorance that I see here is the fact that the verdict of “guilty” was sealed when Zimmerman decided to get out of his car and follow Trayvon Martin. How can it not be an example of ignorance when the 911 dispatcher plainly told Zimmerman not to follow Martin! This was not a case of self-defense, but a case of ignorance and/or a case of racial profiling!

Second, the ignorance that surrounds the bill that would allow illegal immigrants to get on the fast track toward getting legal American citizenship. All one has to do is open the mind and the eyes to see that almost all of the undesirable jobs that are absolutely necessary are done by illegals! Why shouldn’t these hard -working people – human beings – be allowed to get American citizenship as soon as possible?

Third, more closer to home, is this boondoggle in North Augusta called Project Jackson. The ignorance in this is that the Aiken County government and the Aiken County school board will not demand that a countywide referendum be mandatory to go forward before county and school taxes are put in harm’s way! If the county and school board vote to back this boondoggle, then the citizens of Aiken County will be ignorant if we don’t demand that a third-party audit be performed to see where every penny of our tax dollars is going!

I am quite sure many other examples can be thought of. As I stated before, ignorance can be laughable when it is not injurious to others. But these examples are injurious to others! Perhaps these examples can be reversed for the good of other citizens.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 07/17/13 - 06:11 pm
Tim,

I'm so sorry if I stepped on your toes. I only wish it had been your knees.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/17/13 - 06:34 pm
We know from the phone call

We know from the phone call to the dispatcher Martin "got away". So since many think it is Zimmerman's fault because he followed Martin then by the same logic you have to admit that Trayvon screwed up when he returned to confront Zimmerman. He obviously wasn't scared or intimidated or else he would have run home to Daddy. See both are equally culpable by your own logic. No civil right violation just two minority individuals having a conflict. If you say Martin's civil rights were violated then you have to equally agree Zimmerman's were too when NBC and other media portrayed Zimmerman as a racist before ANY evidence would support such a posit. He is a minority too and he was portrayed as racist bully white man and Martin was portrayed a young child. So it should prove interesting if Holder exams if Zimmerman's civil rights were violated too-he has to be fair and exam the medias role (just like with the spying)-unless he has an agenda which support him being a racist against Hispanics and that wouldn't play well with his progressive Dem buddies. I think Obama's administration can really screw up and alienate Hispanics and lose those votes. All this ridiculous Zimmerman is a White-Hispanic is ridiculous. Obama isn't a white-African American. We are all Americans. Hey did you read that Obama's wife is part white too. See there are no races as we have been mixin' genes for centuries.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 07/17/13 - 06:59 pm
Thank-you this time for real

This is Tim, the writer of this letter. I was sarcastic the first time I thanked you, but this time it is for real. I want to thank all of you for commenting on my LTE. Can only submit one every 30 days, so it is a treat to join in your comments !!

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/17/13 - 07:37 pm
"A neighborhood watch person

"A neighborhood watch person SHOULD do what 911 instructs !"

And how do you know he didn't Tim?

Dispatcher suggest to George that he doesn't need to follow the suspect and George says "OK". Sure sounds to me like he's decided to head back to his truck. What happens from there is anyone's guess but we know for a FACT George received a broken and bloody nose and several lacerations to the back of the head.

Where did Trayvon run to, where was he the 4 minutes between telling Rachel he was running and the altercation started, and how did he end up back up where George was? Can you answer those questions Tim?

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 07/17/13 - 07:46 pm
If Zimmerman is charged by

If Zimmerman is charged by the DOJ for civil rights violations all of the information contained on Martins phone text along with his school records and brushes with the law will be allowed. This will paint a completely different picture of Martin that the one we get from the media. I am not sure how accurate the information is but I have heard Martin was very active in organized MMA events and stated in past phone texts that he always struck his opponents in the nose with the first blow.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 07/17/13 - 08:09 pm
Alfonso Rachel

This is a very revealing video.... opps... wrong Trayvon

deestafford
deestafford 07/17/13 - 09:46 pm
Bizkit
Bizkit 07/17/13 - 10:29 pm
True Dee, And just because

True Dee, And just because everyone has a hole in their butt doesn't make everyone an ---hole either. Now that's funny. No I'm not ignorant just an idiot.
Sorry I have Internet Tourette's that make me blurt out stuff before I know it. Gosh I hope they find a cure. I could get banned-again. My apologies. See I apologized so that makes it all right don't it? Besides how can you flag a comment as offensive unless it applies to you. Ima an edacated diaballical idiom-I mean idiot. Idiom-get it?

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/17/13 - 10:45 pm
I think the AC needs to

I think the AC needs to lighten up. I am outta job right now so perhaps I can beg the AC for a spot in paper. Call it "Bizarro World" where I take a light hearted comical approach to the news, or I could talk about science (my favorite topic). Too much to cry about so we could all use a good laugh, or talk about stuff like Dark Matter and Dark Energy (no that isn't a racist comment). They shouldn't discriminate against me because I have this Internet Tourette's handicap.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/17/13 - 10:52 pm
Tim you've been good natured

Tim you've been good natured today with all the comments. I thought I'd end it with something light. No not Bud light-that's pot that they took the THC outta like decaff coffee.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 07/18/13 - 08:10 am
Tim...did you ever find any

Tim...did you ever find any evidence that racial profiling occurred?

chascushman
chascushman 07/18/13 - 09:09 am
"Tim...did you ever find any

"Tim...did you ever find any evidence that racial profiling occurred?"
HA, the FBI did not find any racial profiling but I guess they are not as smart as ole 'open minded' Tim.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/18/13 - 10:24 am
I gather y'all don't share my

I gather y'all don't share my sense of humor. Yeah a little vulgar but so was Eddie Murphy at one time.

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...