Why not love one another?

I wonder: If all Baptist churches were to inquire how many gay members were in their congregations and openly asked them all to leave due to their sexual preference, how long would the churches survive?

I don’t have to believe they are right or wrong, but it seems hypocritical to deny the gay community the right to be Christians because of their belief in this matter. There probably are no pastors in the CSRA willing to ask that question, regardless of their faith. I’m greatly ashamed of the viewpoint toward the Boy Scouts of America, which is simply trying not to discriminate against these young people. Jesus reminds us not to judge one another and not to cast the first stone unless you’re without sin. Churches are supposed to support forgiveness and love for one another.

Having been raised Baptist, I choose to believe in marriage between male and female only, but it’s not my place to judge them. That will be done later by the Lord.

OJP
OJP 07/15/13 - 01:50 pm
...

"When Adam and Eve were the only people on earth, homosexuality was not an option."

You do realize that the story is an allegory, right? There was never such a "time".

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 07/15/13 - 02:07 pm
Literal account of creation

You do realize that the story is an allegory, right? There was never such a "time" (OJP).

No, the creation account is to be taken literally. There actually was a time when homosexuality was not an option for mankind. Jesus said of that time, "... From the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate" (Mark 10:6-9 ESV).

If you think the biblical account of mankind's origin should be interpreted allegorically or figuratively, please explain why? What figures of speech were used? Why would the Bible introduce an original man and woman if something entirely different was meant?

validPoint
validPoint 07/15/13 - 02:21 pm
The Question Deserves An Answer.

The question:"Why not love one another" is one that deserves a well thought out answer. There seems to be such a void when it comes to Love, not only as it pertains to homosexuality or lesbianism. Could it be that Love itself is not fully understood? Could it be that we have assigned a meaning to Love that really has nothing to do with true love at all?

Most people tend to see love as being tied to some type of strong emotion, or desire while others may see it as being a preference for those who look and think as they do. It is a good thing to see the element of respect as being a component of Love as well. Personally, I believe Love is not shown because Love either is not understood, or it simply is not being accepted.

When it comes to the church, believers know the word of God concerning male and female. Believers have accepted the fact that male and female created He(God) them, and the commission was given to them to be fruitful, and multiply. However, it did not stop there. Christians are told that God is Love. So then, if God is Love His principles are Love, He domonstrated that by sending His son, Jesus Christ.

Those who follow Christ are those who demonstrate Christlike behavior although there is no need to share blood, beause Jesus did that in summation. When we examine the behavior of Christ as it is written, no where do we find that Christ segregated Himself from anyone. Instead, He concentrated on doing the will of the Father. He was not intimidated, nor did He scorn any member of mankind. Those who agreed with Him, continued to walk with Him. Those who did not agree, turned away. He never turned them away.

He served notice to His followers that if He is lifted up", He will draw all men unto Him. We as Christians are missing the mark somewhere. yes, I am saying "We" because I identify as a Christian. Could it be that we might be guilty of speaking out of two sides of our mouths? Could it be that even in our way of showing Love we are selective in a manner in which God has not given us permission to be? It is my hope that those who have read the question "why can't we love each other" will take this question seriously and do a self examination. Then, perhaps it will be realized that we are in a spiritual warfare, and the weapons of our warfare are found in the word of God, not in our carnal minds.

myfather15
myfather15 07/15/13 - 04:44 pm
It's honestly too long to get

It's honestly too long to get into deeply on here; but I don't believe Adam and Eve were the only persons on earth at the beginning. In Genesis 1:26, God made male and female in "Our image". This was before Adam and Eve and I believe this is where all races were created. I believe Adam and Eve were created and NAMED for a specific purpose and that purpose was to create a traceable blood line (or seedline as some call it) to bring in the Savior, Jesus Christ. Hence, verse 5 of chapter two where it says there was not a man to til the ground. What do you do after tilling the ground? You plant the seed and this was the purpose for Adam and Eve; to plant the seed or geneology of Christ. I believe Cain's wife that he found in Nod, was also created in Chapter 1 verse 26.

Also, on the topic of our souls being eternal; I'm not sure where this comes from. I would only reference Matt 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Now, this seems pretty clear to me that God can and will destroy people's soul "In Hell". Now, that didn't say they would be thrown into hell and tormented, ALIVE for eternity. It said DESTROY, which is exactly what FIRE does!! Also Revelations 21:8 speaks of those who will be thrown into the lake of fire and brimestone and says "This is the second DEATH" which is death of the very soul!! Flesh death is the first, the death of the soul is the "Second death".

myfather15
myfather15 07/15/13 - 05:01 pm
Validpoint

We do love all people; but that doe NOT mean we have to accept EVERYTHING they do, especially when it goes against the principals of us as individuals and as a Country!

Question: Do we have to accept and legalize Gay marriage in order to love an individual? That is the ONLY aspect I stand against, is legalized gay marriage. Again, because it goes against the very laws of nature that Our Father created!! Even if you believe He didn't create it, somehow the laws of Nature came about and same sex couples are not able to procreate with each other. That's enough proof for me. BUT, I still LOVE them!! I love my Aunt very much and would do anything in the world for her!! Don't tell me what I've got to accept, in order to "Love" someone. That's all I'm saying!!

You seem to completely forget all the scripture about God's Wrath, which is kindled against those who deny him, how convenient!!

"no where do we find that Christ segregated Himself from anyone. Instead, He concentrated on doing the will of the Father. He was not intimidated, nor did He scorn any member of mankind."

You also forget that Christ walked into the temple with a WHIP and WHIPPED people within the temple for using the temple opposite of what was intended!! So Christ never scorned anyone?

Also, during several of his teachings, He would send the multitudes away, leaving only the disciples; because WITNESSING was over and now was the time to TEACH the disciples. No, he NEVER segregated based on any race; but he seperated Himself from the multitudes when NEEDED.

Your comment appears to be nothing more than another attempt at saying "You've got to LOVE like I do, or you just aren't Christian."

Giving the APPEARANCE of being more compassionate and loving; and telling others they must be as YOU, in order to truly love and be compassionate.

You do NO ONE any favors by not warning them of God's punishment as well!! When you give the appearance that Christ is accepting of ANY lifestyle or behavior; you are actually doing a disservice to many!! People need to hear about the love of Christ but they also need to hear of the Wrath of God; for those who refuse to obey!! Now that is TOUGH love and TRUE LOVE!! God's love is tough and requires discipline, just like a father's love should be!!

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/15/13 - 06:23 pm
Gee MyFather I've always read

Gee MyFather I've always read the Bible the same. God created mankind and then later in a special creation the Garden of Eden and Adam and Eve and the genealogy to Christ. I agree with your reading of Hell too-it is separation from God and final destruction. The only way not to taste the second death is through Christ. Christians are promised an eternal life not sinners as they will suffer the second death and final destruction. I don't believe there is an eternal life in hell-that would mean everyone has eternal life independent of Christ. Revelations describes Christ mediating the final destruction of Satan in the Lake of Fire-this is "final". Why would Satan and fallen angels final destruction be different from non-believers fate? Basically earth will be destroyed too and all fallen angels and non-believers of the Christ will be destroyed, then a new heaven and earth will arise like a phoenix where those covered by the blood of the Lamb will live with God and all the saints and angels. So the story goes. I've been curious about that book about the physician who was in a coma and died and says he saw heaven. To be honest Heaven or Hell has little attraction to me but a relationship with Christ and experiencing God has really rocked my boat. I can't imagine Heaven and I don't want to imagine hell.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/15/13 - 06:33 pm
It's funny to me that the

It's funny to me that the universe is proposed to be mostly filled with Dark energy that no can see or measure directly yet it explains many cosmological events and makes sense. I see God that way.

validPoint
validPoint 07/15/13 - 06:53 pm
To myFather15

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond to your question. First of all, I do not have a Heaven or Hell to put anyone in. I never said anything about "acceptance". For a christian nothing that goes against the word of God should be accepted. All I am trying to say is hypocracy is evident, especially when it comes to showing Love as it is defined by the scriptures. It does not take a genius to see the evidence. Either the Bible is not true concerning Love, or many who say they love as the Bible defines, are misrepresenting the Bible. I choose to believe the Bible is true. There are those who will "harp" on the sins of homosexuality and turn around and mis-treat another person unrighteously. As i understand the scriptures, all unrighteousness is sin. We do not have the God given right to decide which sin we are going to omit...

It is true, believers are messengers of the Word of God, believers should be examples of the word of God. However, God alone is the manager. Again, I do not advocate accepting anything that goes against the word of God. However, I am persuaded that when more examples of Biblical Love are shown, the world will be a better place. There is a great need for improvment even amoung us, as Christians. This is my persuasion.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 07/15/13 - 08:18 pm
Adam & Eve were first

It's honestly too long to get into deeply on here; but I don't believe Adam and Eve were the only persons on earth at the beginning (myfather15).

Let's not forget that Scripture identifies Adam as "the first man" (1 Corinthians 15:47) and says "in Adam all die" (1 Corinthians 15:22). Genealogies that start from creation begin with Adam. There's no pre-Adamic race, no non-Adamic people, nor are there any children identified as having been born to Adam and Eve before their fall.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 07/15/13 - 08:33 pm
validPoint, it's not possible

validPoint, it's not possible to love everybody and everything at the same time. Take a shepherd, for instance. If he loves his sheep, he can't also love wolves. Granted, he isn't cruel to the wolves, but he does keep them away from his sheep.

Parents, likewise, can't simultaneously love their children and the children and scoutmasters who want to prey on them sexually. Parents must protect their children by keeping the predators away. That's not hard to see, is it?

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/15/13 - 09:17 pm
Love Christ speaks of in the

Love Christ speaks of in the Bible is agape love and what better way to show them agape love than to tell them about the loving forgiveness and wonderful gift of salvation. Agape love is loving someone enough to say what you are doing is wrong but there is a Savior who loves you enough to wash all that away and give you a new life. Agape love is not burying your head in the sand or looking the other way.

corgimom
corgimom 07/15/13 - 10:48 pm
"Parents must protect their

"Parents must protect their children by keeping the predators away."

Guess that takes care of public school, too.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/16/13 - 06:33 am
Corgimom, by law a child has

Corgimom, by law a child has to attend school but a parent can pick and choose whether to send a child to public school or private school. That's an option you can choose to try and protect your child. BSA is not required by law to attend so yes parents can and do choose to withdrawl their children and place them in another organization that adheres to the standards they believe in.

myfather15
myfather15 07/16/13 - 07:09 am
Fundamental

Scripture also describes Eve as the mother of all living; But who is it that provides us eternal life? Christ.

We can not understand God by thinking fleshly, because He thinks spiritually. This flesh life is actually NOT life at all to Him. Our TRUE life begins at the end of this dispensation of time and we begin our eternal life in the spiritual, perfect body!! The only way to partake of the eternal life is through Jesus Christ. Through Eve's geneology, came Jesus Christ the Savior; so she is the mother of all living. Because through her fleshly geneology, with the fact that EVERYONE must accept Jesus Christ; it is through Him and by geneology, by her; that ALL persons are saved.