Why not love one another?

I wonder: If all Baptist churches were to inquire how many gay members were in their congregations and openly asked them all to leave due to their sexual preference, how long would the churches survive?

I don’t have to believe they are right or wrong, but it seems hypocritical to deny the gay community the right to be Christians because of their belief in this matter. There probably are no pastors in the CSRA willing to ask that question, regardless of their faith. I’m greatly ashamed of the viewpoint toward the Boy Scouts of America, which is simply trying not to discriminate against these young people. Jesus reminds us not to judge one another and not to cast the first stone unless you’re without sin. Churches are supposed to support forgiveness and love for one another.

Having been raised Baptist, I choose to believe in marriage between male and female only, but it’s not my place to judge them. That will be done later by the Lord.

Comments (29)

Augustaisdying
Augustaisdying 07/15/13 - 04:26 am

Great post

God is love. Look for many hateful posts below, couched in random Biblical verses people will use to justify their unholy hatred.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/15/13 - 06:04 am

Ms. Sizemore, nowhere is the

Ms. Sizemore, nowhere is the Baptist church stating sinners can not come to the church for it is a place of repentance, forgiveness, and renewing, but the church can not survive when sin comes into the church without repentance. I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality. - Revelation 2:21

I imagine there are many gays attending Baptist church and no it is not our place or duty to condemn them, but it is our duty and a commandment from God to witness the gospel and help those who have fallen from the righteous path to seek forgiveness, but to do it in love. It is truly sad that the church has allowed Satan to wiggle his way into the situation to convince many churches that they are wrong to witness against sin, to uphold God's Righteousness within the church (not only the building but the body itself) that somehow that is being judgmental and wrong. We have forgotten our First Love which is Christ and rather please God we want to please man.

This has nothing to do with asking a secular group who want to conduct their group according to secular standards to find another group to sponsor them or to meet at another location outside of the church. Why do people want to force the church go against the teachings of Christ? The Church isn't forcing them to not include gay scouts, they are not forcing them to read scripture, they are not forcing them to have prayer, they are just asking them to meet somewhere else.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/15/13 - 06:13 am

Augustaisdying, I hope that

Augustaisdying, I hope that wasn't too "hateful" for you and I did try and keep my bible quoting down to a minimum for you. Yes God is Love, but He is a whole lot more than that. He is Just, He is Ruler, He is Pure, He is Almighty, He is our Comforter, He is our defender, He is Savior, He is Jealous, He is Righteous and Holy, He is Kind, He is Judge, He is Forgiver, He is Sovereign LORD, He is the God of gods and Lord of lords.
There is no unholy hatred, only the deception of sin.

myfather15
myfather15 07/15/13 - 07:22 am

Just more confusion from

Just more confusion from those who attempt to reduce the TRUE influence of Christianity in this Country!!!

So now; we absolutely CAN NOT love someone, unless we approve of everything they do? Remember, we can't judge!!!

myfather15
myfather15 07/15/13 - 07:38 am

ICL

Amoung all those things you listed; which are VERY accurate, He is also the creator of NATURE!!!

If one believes this God is the ONLY God and He created all; then [He] could have created nature ANY way He wished to create it!! Well, He did so but certain PEOPLE don't like the way He created it. He created the natural order of procreation, with man and woman; not same sex!! It's naturally impossible for same sex couples to procreate with EACH OTHER!! This aspect of creation alone; should be enough to prove that homosexuality is indeed NOT natural!!

Now, if a person is atheist; I absolutely see a valid argument against this!! Because that person doesn't believe in an entity creating anything!! They believe, well; whatevery they believe and that's fine!! But I simply can NOT see how people who CLAIM to be Christian; believe this ridiculous argument!! We know we hate NO PERSON; regardless of their behavior!! We simply stand for God and Biblical teachings, along with the nature that God created!!

But to these people, that alone is enough to call us haters!!! This is an attack on Christianity and those who stand strong for our Father!! It's an attack from WITHIN!! It's the most brilliant plan devised!! Infiltrate the Christian population; pose as TRUE "compassionate" christians; making the old traditional Christians appear hateful and change the entire Christian structure from the INSIDE!! When you are successful, you have completely taken control of the Christian faith!! They are also doing this with politics, education and the economy.

But God warned us in His word about this!! He told us to KNOW those who CLAIM to be Christian and are NOT!!

He also warned us that "By their fruits, ye shall know them." Now, if you aren't to judge or discern an individual person's actions; how in the world are you supposed to know them by their fruits??

Bottom line is, if you see someone CLAIMING to be Christian; but the very thing they are preaching is against the Bible; ANYONE should know they are the very ones Christ warned us about!! OPEN YOUR EYES!!! See people for who they actually ARE and not who they claim to be!!!

corgimom
19275
corgimom 07/15/13 - 07:52 am

"making the old traditional

"making the old traditional Christians appear hateful"

Nobody makes anybody appear any way. People do that to themselves.

And some do it very, very well.

peace4784
peace4784 07/15/13 - 07:54 am

Homosexuals have a problem with God not man.

The heterosexuals and homosexuals are not above God's word. The judging is done by God's word. Sin should not be sanctioned, edorsed, or encouraged in any church. The bible says sin is evil. The bible says in I Corinthians chapter 13 verse 6, Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Homosexuality is sin. Sin is evil. I Corinthians chapter 6 verse 9 says homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God. Jesus said you are either for or against him. No fence sitting. The problem is that sinners want to feel comfortable in their sins. Jesus did not tolerate sin and neither should his followers. Love and tolerance are not the same. Love does not tolerate evil. Love confronts evil.

deestafford
deestafford 07/15/13 - 08:07 am

Let's lay this canard about not judging to rest.

The Bible does not say you shouldn't judge. It says don't judge unless you are willing to be judged by the same standards by which you judge others.

This out of context cherry picking is used to justify some type of behavior that one knows is against nature or traditional values which have held true for centuries in civilized societies.

allhans
21955
allhans 07/15/13 - 08:10 am

I think myfather made the

I think myfather made the point real well - "trying" is the right word.

Bizkit
21951
Bizkit 07/15/13 - 08:48 am

Well I don't have a problem

Well I don't have a problem with homosexuality because I have friends and family member who are gay-BUT GOD does. Now that is between them and God. I got my own sins to be forgiven. I support the right of the Scouts and Church to pursue their freedom-why bash either?

Bizkit
21951
Bizkit 07/15/13 - 08:53 am

Yeah I love my gay family

Yeah I love my gay family members, apparently God does too, but apparently he will also send them straight to hell if they don't ask for forgiveness of their sin. Now he will do the same to me if I don't ask forgiveness for a litany of sins too. Now don't shoot the messenger as I don't make the rules. God's Kingdom is God makes the rules.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 07/15/13 - 09:15 am

Scouting, yes; BSA, no

The Boy Scouts of America used to be a great organization. For years, it taught young boys to be good, morally straight citizens who know the value of discipline and hard work. The BSA, however, doesn't have a patent on the skills and disciplines it teaches.

Christian parents are commanded to train up their children in the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6). These parents know that God will judge them for letting their children be led astray by an evil influence that could've been avoided. That's why more and more parents are abandoning the BSA by turning to a church-run scouting organization. In no way are they hypocritical to do that.

The letter writer is obviously confused to think any human being can deny another human being the right to become a Christian. The Lord Jesus Christ is in charge of that right: "... To all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12 ESV). The letter writer apparently thinks it possible for a person to receive Jesus as Lord without obeying his commandments. We ought not forget his warning:

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many might works in your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness'" (Matthew 7:21-23 ESV).

It's disturbing that the letter-writer would say, "I don’t have to believe they [the gay community] are right or wrong." If we don't believe what God says about the sinfulness of any action, we make him out to be a liar; and that's a sure way to wind up eternally condemned.

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/15/13 - 09:13 am

I Cor 6. "nor abusers of themselves with mankind, shall enter

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 07/15/13 - 09:13 am

myfather15

You make a good point about our being designed and created to be heterosexual. When Adam and Eve were the only people on earth, homosexuality was not an option.

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/15/13 - 09:15 am

I John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirit

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/15/13 - 09:17 am

Less that 10% of Britains polled believe in traditonal Christian

Less that 10% of Britains polled believe in traditional Christian values.

myfather15
myfather15 07/15/13 - 09:17 am

Bizkit

You are correct!! God made the rules and he said man lying with man is an abomination to Him!! Probaby because that is NOT the way He created the natural order!!

Now, I would never say they are going to hell; their punishment is between them and God, as you stated. As you stated as well, we are ALL to repent for the wrongful things we do and ask forgiveness. But that also requires a change of heart and NOT wanting to commit the same offense again!! God says those not asking for forgiveness with true repentance, is like smoke in his nostrils; which is very offensive as anyone who has experienced it, should know!!

I also have family and friends who are gay (that might surprise some). I have an aunt that I like VERY much, who left my uncle after 22 years of marriage. She is a VERY good person and one of my favorite, if not my very favorite Aunt!! I've spoke to her many times and she believes in God. She even told me she doesn't believe, in God's eyes, she is supposed to be gay. But, she also stated she can't help how she feels about her partner and she hopes if this is the only wrong she does, that God will accept her. Again, I would NEVER tell her what God will and won't do with HER!! That is NOT my business.

But I also don't believe in the "traditional" belief of hell. I don't believe for a second that people are going to a fiery hell and remain there for eternity, alive!! I believe Hell is a fire, but the last verse of Hebrews says "For our God IS a consuming fire". This fire will DESTROY their very souls!! This ACTUAL statement is made numerous places and needs no interpretation!! But for those Christians who disagree, I'm not getting into a long debate about it; believe as you will.

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/15/13 - 09:18 am

They have a FORM of godliness, but deny the power to redeem

They have a FORM of godliness, but deny the power to redeem

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/15/13 - 09:19 am

JESUS SAVES, "no longer relevant in American Churches"

JESUS SAVES, "no longer relevant in American Churches"

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/15/13 - 09:20 am

JESUS SAVES....denotes SIN and Repentance.

JESUS SAVES....denotes SIN and Repentance.

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/15/13 - 09:21 am

Community of Love&Acceptance replaces "blood washed saints"

Community of Love&Acceptance replaces "blood washed saints"

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/15/13 - 09:22 am

Who would be preaching no need to acknowledge sin? WHO?

Who would be preaching no need to acknowledge sin? WHO?

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/15/13 - 09:24 am

Political Correctness replaces The Bible as God's Law.

Political Correctness replaces The Bible as God's Law.

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/15/13 - 09:26 am

God has no power to deliver sinners,so we will just embrace them

God has no power to deliver sinners,so we will just embrace them

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 07/15/13 - 09:36 am

....self fulfilling prophecy

....and HE is imaginary.

grouse
grouse 07/15/13 - 09:47 am

I love it when people argue

I love it when people argue about what their imaginary friend thinks...

follower 07/15/13 - 10:09 am

myfather, Your post are

myfather,

Your post are always insightful and well thought. And I respect that you don't care to get into a drawn out discussion on the subject of Hell

However, the soul of man is eternal, whether spent in Heaven or hell.
Please reference Matt. 25:46, Rev. 14:10-11, and Dan. 12:2.

There are many more that speak to the eternity of damnation as well
as the eternity of bliss.

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 07/15/13 - 10:13 am

really?

Luke 19:27...............................and BOOM goes the dynamite!

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/15/13 - 10:30 am

Corgimom stated "Nobody makes

Corgimom stated "Nobody makes anybody appear any way. People do that to themselves. "

I beg to differ. Proven by the number of individuals who's reputation has been ruin by false accussations or gossip. Main example I can think of right now is Paula Deen. MANY have made her appear to be something she is not, so yes, there are those who attempt and have succeeded in falsely making the traditional Christian appear hateful.

Bizkit
21951
Bizkit 07/15/13 - 12:36 pm

People don't hate Christians.

People don't hate Christians. No they hate God. Why would anyone hate the people following the rules rather than the person or persons who makes them. Look at our government-people don't hate themselves for obeying the laws (or disobeying) they hate the govt. for making them (and punishing you if you don't). So people hate God's word not those who try to follow. Now I don't hate fundamentalist muslims who are trying to destroy us but I do hate the fundamentalist theology that drive them to want to kill us.