No one should use N-word

As businesses continue to nail Paula Deen to the cross for use of the N-word, I question the integrity of everyone. If that word is truly objectionable to folks, then let’s boycott those same stores and many others that sell music with the N-word so prevalent in the lyrics. You say “freedom of expression” allows that? Then everyone has freedom of expression. Isn’t that why we celebrate the Fourth of July every year?

Leave Paula Deen alone, or start boycotting those places until they stop selling that music. Everyone must stop using that word.

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/13/13 - 06:24 am
Amen. The playing field is to be level, right? Fair is fair?

Amen. The playing field is to be level, right? Fair is fair?

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/13/13 - 06:25 am
Race baiting by the largest racist group in the USA. Government

Race baiting by the largest racist group in the USA. Government

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/13/13 - 06:27 am
Catholics against Protestants. Jews against Arabs. Serbs vs

Catholics against Protestants. Jews against Arabs. Serbs vs

soapy_725
soapy_725 07/13/13 - 06:28 am
Divide and conquer. Works for all governments.

Divide and conquer. Works for the beast of the field.

deestafford
deestafford 07/13/13 - 06:50 am
I think it's sad what happened to Paula Deen.

I agree that there is a double standard when it comes to how people are treated. One needs only to look at how Alex Baldwin was treated with his latest rant about homosexuals. No sponsors dropped him. We do have a culture in this country who wallows in its "victim" status and is offended or "dissed" by a number of things said by whites. It's also a culture that riots when someone is deemed innocent in a trial or even when its favorite sports team wins a national championship. I'll leave others to comment more on those issues.

A few comments about Paula Deen:

She really overcame a lot to become as successful as she has. A divorce and a mental disorder which kept her from leaving her apartment for over a decade and starting a business with absolutely no money.

Many people did not like her style of high fat, simple Southern cooking and derided her for it with snide comments and columns.

She was entertaining and highly skilled at Southern cooking. The fame brought her all kinds of accolades from the media and the Hollywood set. With the fame she began to change and buy into the celebrity life. She started having liberals such a Rosie O'Donnel, Ellen De Generis, Oprah, and Michelle obama on her programs. She changed her food and style of show and it showed in the rating with drops in her audience.

To the liberals she was a "pet" sideshow to have around and laugh "at" when she thought they were laughing "with" her. They laughed at her humor and her Southern accents and mannerisms. Then when all of this information "leaked'' from the deposition they dropped her like a hot potato. Where are Oprah and her other liberal friend who were so "close" to her? Like all liberals, they threw her under the bus when she was no longer a benefit to them.

The woman bring the suit admitted she never heard Paula Deen make a racial remark or harass anyone. Months before she had written a letter to Paula and her brother telling them how thankful she was for them giving her a chance when she was at rock bottom and had nowhere to turn. Her lawyer had told Deen they would settle for $1.25 million and not go to court. It was a trumped up charge to get money from Deen. Paula never said she wanted waiters to dress up in "slave" costumes for her bothers wedding.

How she became a liberal, obama supporter after she overcome so much and became so successful is beyond me. I guess she just got so immersed in that culture of fame she forgot who she was.

She was taken down because she is a white, Southern woman, with a strong Southern accent who cooked foods they would love to eat but talked against because of being PC. When she admitted saying something over 30 years ago in a private conversation with her husband they cut her loose from the herd. PR-wise she could not have handled the situation any worst than she did. She thought she could be honest and fight but her being different was no longer entertaining to the media.

The bottom line is Paula Deen quit dancin' with the one who brung her to the dance.

chascushman
chascushman 07/13/13 - 08:05 am
"To the liberals she was a

"To the liberals she was a "pet" sideshow to have around and laugh "at" when she thought they were laughing "with" her. They laughed at her humor and her Southern accents and mannerisms."
She pretty much got what she deserved. She donated $$ to the campaign of the lying America hating Marxist/communist in the WH.

soldout
soldout 07/13/13 - 08:10 am
good letter

This letter ready covers it well. She tried to make a deal with the devil's friends and that never works out well. If Jesus is her lord though she can recover because, greater is He that is within her than the one within those liberal so called friends.

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 07/13/13 - 09:34 am
Paula Deen aside, I like your idea about music retailers,

which I would also extend to those major labels. I say, buy directly from small record stores (like Michael Weldon's Psychotronic), independent artists and small labels, and find other radio outlets, too. That's where the better music is, anyway. Stop letting Clear Channel choose your music for you (and stop listening to their talk radio hosts, as well).

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/13 - 09:46 am
The "N-word" isn't offensive

The "N-word" isn't offensive to these people; hence, BLACK people constantly using it. Not just famous rappers, the rappers use the word because their PEOPLE use the word, daily!! The rappers are simply replicating the streets!!

The N-word is nothing more than a very powerful, political correct weapon of mass destruction!!! The liberals use it very effectively!!

Since there isn't a person alive today who had EVER been a slave; I seriously doubt the word still has TRUE, deep seated meaning to many!! Yes, there are MANY blacks alive today who've experience racism; just as there are fat people who've experienced ridicule, fair skin people who've been ridiculed, freckled people who've been teased, ugly people who've been turn down jobs because a more attractive person applied and got the job, chinese ridiculed because of the shape of their eyes and this list could go on to include just about anyone!!!

Welcome to the United States of the Offended!!! Seems now days everyone is offended over something!!! I think people just need to GROW UP an get over it!!! Stop being so easily offended!!! I have a "special needs" daughter (aspergers). I hear constantly people making jokes about "retarded", "special", "short bus" and more. Do I think they SHOULD make these comments? NO; but my gosh!!! I'm not going to make a big deal about it and get all "offended".

Bottom line is; the leftists in this Country use people being offended in this Country as a weapon!! It's a political tool that works brilliantly!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/13/13 - 09:51 am
Truth meter from AJC

P Deen did not support Obama

She did not donate $$ to Dem...not in her name or her married name

She voted as a Rep in Savannah Ga

She did have M Obama on her program but all sides were invited

The news doesn't get it right sometimes...according to the investigation of the AJC this time they were wrong on P Deen.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/13/13 - 09:53 am
EXACTLY my father

It is time to stop that bus from leaving the station.

Darby
Darby 07/13/13 - 10:33 am
"Since there isn't a person alive today who

had EVER been a slave; I seriously doubt the word still has TRUE, deep seated meaning to many!!"

Correction: There are people all over the world, particularly in Africa who have been and are at this moment, slaves.

There are none in North America.

The DNC should be congratulated on the way they have been able to keep huge numbers of American blacks undereducated, uninformed and dependent on government for survival, while keeping so many others cowed under the threat of political correctness.

The very fact that there IS a "Zimmerman" trial is vivid and dramatic testament to their political cunning and ability to shape public opinion and direction.

I do have the feeling that the free ride for the Democrats may be slowly grinding to a halt. That people are beginning to wake up.

That day would come sooner if Republicans/conservatives could agree on a set of core principles and advance them aggressively without constantly reacting to Democrats and their "bait and switch" tactics.

Time alone will tell.

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/13 - 11:47 am
Darby;

My comment was about citizens of America and her past; not the entire world. There isn't a US citizen alive today that has ever been owned by another person!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/13/13 - 11:56 am
Having hung around equally with blacks and whites growing up

I can say I have heard

Yo! ____ wassup?

______ please!

add many other creative usage versions, more from blacks than whites.

Too me the word is a slur no matter how it is used and by whom it is use.

Let me also add.
Holding the use of the word 5, 10, 20 years ago against a person today, makes people stop and wonder why quit using it once it was used the 1st time? After if a person is going to be hung out to dry for their whole life where is the incentive to change?

BTW: Next time I see and hear person using the word, I plan to call the FCC and file a complaint.

Advertisers should treat all usage the same, whether Cable or Broadcast TV. Just think about how many comedy, Music Video shows zero tolerance will shutdown.

Think, BEEP OR NOT, the word was still used and that person made $$$$ off of using the word paid for by an advertiser. That person should suffer the same equal treatment as any other person. Whether he or she be White, Black, Asian, or a person South of the Texas Border.

By eliminating the dual standard, others will start feeling the pain for the same usage. Maybe, just maybe they'll lighten and offer forgiveness and instead of vindictiveness.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/13/13 - 01:16 pm
In the late 60's I was in the Infantry

... and after graduation from jump school at Ft. Benning we all went out to party, hardy. The five of us from the squad ended up in this bar in the middle of nowhere and it looked like the bar scene from "Animal House" with me and some random girl the only palefaces in sight in a very hot, packed and well-gone drunk bar. A group of very large black guys surrounded me and started asking what I was doing in their bar-- without much evident interest in my answer. My buddies stepped in and explained in a way I'll never forget, "He's wit' us; we n-----s."

Since I fluoresce under UV and have been offered sunscreen by albinos, should I be insulted, and if so, where do I go for my check?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/13/13 - 01:20 pm
Complain every time ANYONE uses it?

Not a bad notion-- if you could get someone who could stand to watch and listen to all that broadcasted garbage.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 07/13/13 - 01:25 pm
:..I do have the feeling that the free ride for the Democrats

may be slowly grinding to a halt. That people are beginning to wake up..."

I wish I could see some evidence of that; what I see is it is going backwards into the 70's with fights being waged that were won decades ago by people whose relevance ended about that same era.

Grandpa Jones
Grandpa Jones 07/13/13 - 02:56 pm
….

"There isn't a US citizen alive today that has ever been owned by another person!!"

Hookers with pimps would probably disagree.

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/13 - 04:30 pm
Grandpa Jones

Which U.S. law classifies these hookers as being legal property? MASSIVE difference!!

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/13 - 04:38 pm
I don't mean to downplay the

I don't mean to downplay the history of the N-Word, as it certainly has a history of hatred and racism!!

Also, I do not believe the word should be used by anyone; but there are many words that shouldn't be used!!

I can NOT imagine the horror, some of the ACTUAL slaves went through!! To THEM; if they were alive, I would NEVER have said the word doesn't offend; because I would have expected to get punched in the mouth and I would have deserved it!!!

But I simply don't buy into all these people today, who've NEVER experienced being a slave; taking such offense!! Especially when these same people use the word weekly or even daily!! I firmly believe to most of those people, especially liberal activists; the N-word is nothing but a WMD to administer massive damage to their enemies!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/13/13 - 05:45 pm
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/13/13 - 07:09 pm
Second!

Second!

oldredneckman96
oldredneckman96 07/13/13 - 09:04 pm
N word

Richard Pryor was a smart man when he wasn't drugged out of his mind. He has said more about the many different N words with more clarity than anyone I know of. Bottom line it is all about context, more than who or why it is said. For Example; here when we say "bless his little heart" we all know that means we think that person is a simpleton. Any of the many different versions of the N word can mean as much as Tarzan saying "Ungowa" to the monkey! If anyone wants to be offended, that is OK by me for them to be offended, just don't be offended that I am not offended.

Darby
Darby 07/13/13 - 09:20 pm
"I wish I could see some evidence of that;

what I see is it is going backwards into the 70's with fights being waged that were won decades ago by people whose relevance ended about that same era."

You may be right dstewartsr, however I do believe that I'm beginning to sense a buildup of resentment by the victims of all this DNC sponsored race baiting. Some people who have bitten their tongues in the past are starting to question the mindset that all whites are somehow guilty of the "original sin" of racism and must atone for the rest of their natural lives, as must their children and grandchildren ad infinitum.

Like the character in the movie, "Network", the time is coming when they will begin to make clear, "We're made as hell, and we're not gonna take it anymore!"

Darby
Darby 07/13/13 - 09:36 pm
I just saw the verdict of the Zimmerman trial...

See my post above. Maybe it's starting already.

Local merchants welcome Small Business Saturday

With having to compete with e-commerce and national retailers during the holiday season, local merchants welcome the spotlight that comes with Small Business Saturday.