And now, the future news

The United States will become a one-party government as millions celebrate.

Suicide options and health (death) panels save costs of Obamacare, only $32,000 a year for a family of four. Christianity will be eradicated in 10 years as an amendment to the Constitution by Congress, which includes Sharia law. The Montana badlands will be designated for faith camps for those who refuse to adhere to the new law.

Unemployment will rise to 12.9 percent while Social Security and Medicare go bankrupt. New taxes will be enforced to aid the homeless. Thirty-million illegal immigrants will be given citizenship after declaring themselves Democrats.

Tent cities will form in Boston, Los Angeles, New York and Baltimore. Police will clamp down on security to move the homeless to the countryside to be out of sight and out of mind.

Shortages will bring bread to $20 a loaf and a lack of toilet paper, while ownership of gold and silver must be relinquished to the federal government.

Future news coming to a town near you. You’re welcome.

Clifford Henning

Graniteville, S.C.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/21/13 - 12:51 pm
What's wrong with "bad

What's wrong with "bad mouthing" criminals?

faithson
faithson 06/21/13 - 12:53 pm
reminds me of...

an interview I saw on the 'boob' tube. The young lady, in her late teen's from out west was asked about how she saw her future. The subject of the interview was about 'end times' evangelicals. This young lady had years and years of being taught how 'evil' the world was and that the 'end' was near. As she explained her point of view, one consistant with what she had been taught, all I could do was feel so sorry for her... what a pitty that she did not see the 'greatness' of her potential in our country, a potiential that if acted upon would bring her great satisfaction. NO, she saw the world as this LTE writer expresses. She did in the end express some anxiety over not being allowed to 'participate' in the fun her peers seemed to be having, yet in the end, she was just 'waitin' around for the 'hellfire and brimestone' due upon us at any moment...

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 06/21/13 - 12:54 pm
T3

faithson
faithson 06/21/13 - 12:56 pm
?

What's wrong with "bad mouthing" ANYBODY... Christianity 101 comes to mind.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/21/13 - 01:02 pm
Well....not all Christians

Ms.Anthrope
Ms.Anthrope 06/21/13 - 01:02 pm
can't decide which is funnier.....

the remark about alcoa stock price exceeding $10000 a share ... or.... some posters not knowing why this remark is so hilarious
lol.... whatever.... I'm just going to put my tinfoil hat back on and do something else.....

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/21/13 - 01:04 pm
faithson re 12:53pm

There’s a big difference between pessimistic negativity versus a sarcastic ringing of the warning bells!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/21/13 - 01:11 pm
And I find it funny that

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 06/21/13 - 01:17 pm
Wealth envy unproductive

Stock in Alcoa rises to $10,000 a share (Bodhisattva).

I'm not sure if you're attacking the rich, but I'd like to point out that wealth--even wealth from stocks--is available to all people. You don't have to be rich to buy stocks.

Today a share of Alcoa (AA) sells for about $8.05 according to Yahoo Finance. You don't need to be rich in order to buy AA. Now, I don't expect the price to climb to $10,000 anytime soon, but in the event of a toilet paper shortage, Kimberly Clark (KMB) should do well.

Stocks shouldn't be considered off limits to ordinary people. There are plenty of good discount brokerages that will let you open an account with as little as $500, and then buy or sell for $4 to $7 a trade. Some of these brokerages throw in free trades to new customers.

People shouldn't be misled into thinking stocks are only for the rich.

Ms.Anthrope
Ms.Anthrope 06/21/13 - 01:19 pm
which is funnier?

the statement that alcoa stock price rises to $10,000... or....the inability to realize what this statement means and why it is so funny???
welllllllll........ I think I will just put my tin foil hat back on my head and think about this!!!!!

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/21/13 - 01:22 pm
Well drug dealers

do the work that a lot of people don't want to do either!! I don't see your point. They broke the law by entering the country illegally. Anything beyond that is a moot point. That's almost like saying a serial killer is ok as long as he is only killing bad people.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 06/21/13 - 01:32 pm
'End times' evangelicalism

The subject of the interview was about 'end times' evangelicals (faithson).

Many Christians aren't 'end times' evangelicals. Those beliefs have been around only about 200 years. The Bible doesn't teach that we should simply wait around until the Rapture or the end arrives. Instead, we should occupy (be busy) till our Lord returns.

You think the woman interviewed ought to see the greatness of her potential in this land of ours. It would be better if she trusted in the Creator as the source of her talents and potential. Maybe her end-time theology has closed her mind to what may be God's long-term plans for her life.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/21/13 - 01:44 pm
Where was everybody ?!

"What's wrong with "bad mouthing" criminals?"

HA, we have had this conversation before. WILL YOU not give the illegals the cridet that they deserve ??!! TELL ME, SHOW ME where the illegals are NOT doing the jobs that Americans don't want.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/21/13 - 01:49 pm
RMSHEFF @ 12:54

"Who raided what pension fund? Be more specific. The only ones that I know of is Union pension funs being raided by union officials being vested in multiple fund at the same time, also the unions stepped in front of bond holders with the GM deal. Obama broke federal law by allowing this to happen."

Oh how fast we forget. The rich brats on Wall Street not only robbed the pensions but they had to be bailed out by the tax payers !

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/21/13 - 01:54 pm
GnipGnop @ 1:22

"do the work that a lot of people don't want to do either!! I don't see your point. They broke the law by entering the country illegally."

How many illegals are doing the work that nobody else wants ?? I don't think this needs any proof, because anybody with half a brain knows this is true !! Also, the big wheels that hire them should be viewed in the same criminal light !

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/21/13 - 01:56 pm
I know this is useless, but

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/21/13 - 01:57 pm
HA @ 1:02

"Well....not all Christians are criminals. ALL illegal immigrants ARE criminals. That is a fact"

HA, you are missing the point ! It is not Christian-like to "bad mouth" ANYBODY !!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/21/13 - 02:01 pm
justthefacts @ 1:56

""TELL ME, SHOW ME where the illegals are NOT doing the jobs that Americans don't want". OK, you tell us, what would happen to these jobs if illegals were sent home? Now, you are going to have to think it through."

Did not take me long to think about this. My guess would be TO FORCE all of these employers to pay a living wage to people cirrently on wellfare, food stamps, and Medicaide !!

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/21/13 - 02:02 pm
Just as anyone with half a brain

knows that illegal means a CRIMINAL!!! I agree with you about those that hire them. They should be fined millions and put in prison and deported.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/21/13 - 02:05 pm
Bingo!!

So, why are you defending the status quo?

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 06/21/13 - 02:07 pm
t3

Give me some names of these rich brats that robbed pension funds. The worst thing that happened on Wall St was the Federal Government (Obama) bailing out failing corporations with my money or should I say China's money. Don't you remember Obama saying the corporations and banks were "to big to fail?" Eight trillion dollars later......

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/21/13 - 02:07 pm
HA @ 1:11

"And I find it funny that people that don't believe in Christ, try to use it to win their argument."

HA, where is YOUR PROOF that certain people are not Christians ??!

Ms.Anthrope
Ms.Anthrope 06/21/13 - 02:10 pm
rmsheff

W. Bush began the bailout process before Obama even got elected.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/21/13 - 02:15 pm
RMSHEFF @ 2:07

"Give me some names of these rich brats that robbed pension funds. The worst thing that happened on Wall St was the Federal Government (Obama) bailing out failing corporations with my money or should I say China's money."

Just as I do not have to give any names of illegals, the names of the rich brats is un-necessary. You know as well as I that my statement is true. And another thing, ALL OF YOU Obama bashers need to remember that the bail-outs and the stimulas was started by Bush !

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/21/13 - 02:17 pm
3 against 1

Had to take a Valium break !!

Ms.Anthrope
Ms.Anthrope 06/21/13 - 02:19 pm
farm bill 2014

why did 62 republicans in the house of representatives vote against the farm bill?

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/21/13 - 02:28 pm
Tim

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/21/13 - 02:40 pm
JUSTTHEFACTS @ 2:28

"Sorry, but you asked. Isn't it interesting that you "got it" right away and yet this is a concept that President Obama has yet to realize?"

Quite frankly, I wish that nobody had to do these jobs. I feel that I was close when I was working in the peach packing industry when I was a teen-ager. Some days it was 95 to 100 degrees and the peach pickers had nothing but cold water and shade for relief. The is no other answer, but the least educated people in our society are the ones that will be targeted 1

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/21/13 - 02:43 pm
"HA, where is YOUR PROOF that

"HA, where is YOUR PROOF that certain people are not Christians ??!

What? You think there are not certain people that aren't Christians? Surly you don't think everyone is christian.

Faces of Survival: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...