But what about drinking?

I was reading a story in the paper recently about banning smoking in public places. I agree with this, but why make such a big deal? Just do it.

Here are my thoughts: How many people have
been stopped by a cop for over-smoking, and how many people are killed by drunken drivers? I know smoking kills people, but one drunk can kill a lot of people, so why not make bars cut back on what they can let people drink?

Drinking has caused a lot families to break up, or the wife gets beat up, or the children get hit by a drunk. My father was a drunk. This is why I am against drinking – because this causes more trouble than smoking.

I think all bars should have a breath-tester. When customers leave the bar, they have to blow into it and have to give up their keys if they blow over the legal blood-alcohol limit. A cab is called or a person with them can drive them.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/19/13 - 06:17 am
"Drinking has caused a lot

"Drinking has caused a lot families to break up, or the wife gets beat up,......etc"

deestafford
deestafford 06/19/13 - 07:05 am
I totally disagree with smoking bans even though I am not a

smoker. There is a thing called the "free market" or there used to be. If the owner of a facility wishes to allow smoking he should be able to do so. If people don't want to smell smoke then they should go somewhere else. We used to have a thing in this country called "Freedom of Choice" but now that is going away because some people are offended about something.

There are some places that don't serve the type of food I like. So, guess what? I don't go there. I go to places that serve what I want. Once again freedom of choice

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/19/13 - 08:17 am
HA, BIG BROTHER

"Extramarital sex has caused even MORE families to break up and wives/husbands to get beat up.....why aren't you crusading to make that illegal? Financial difficulties is cited as the number one reason for families to break up.......no call for making financial difficulties illegal? What is wrong with leaving people's freedom alone and stop trying to control the masses to be what you want them to be?"

The wife/husband/children beating is already illegal. The charge is called Criminal Domestic Violence. I think non-smokers should have a free of smoke working area. As for the drinking, I believe the writer suggests a very good answer to drinking and driving. Ha, I know that you don't believe in "BIG BROTHER", but sometimes it is for the best for the majority !!

soldout
soldout 06/19/13 - 08:20 am
the alcohol dependent crowd

The folks at bars are "alcohol dependent"

Their social skills are too undeveloped to handle interacting with others. It is also their tool for depression or to deal with the ups and downs of life. Many think they drink because they like it but really they must have it to function. That's why one of twelve who take their first drink later have serious problems with alcohol. The Bible warns about the dangers of alcohol over and over but once again people think they are smarter than the Bible. If it's me against the truth of the Word I will always lose.
God gave you a wonderful mind that can enjoy every social situation and you don't need a mind altering drug to do that. You also set an example for your children when you drink and if one of them dies because of drinking you will have regrets your whole life and wonder "did I help cause this". We all need to try to live a no regrets life as much as possible and drinking and influencing our children is an easy one to fix.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/19/13 - 01:08 pm
"The wife/husband/children

"The wife/husband/children beating is already illegal."

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/19/13 - 01:16 pm
HA, my response:

"
"The wife/husband/children beating is already illegal."

"Murder is already illegal, yet you seem to be in favor of more restrictions on guns. Why the inconsistency?"

HA, now you are bringing up gun control. I gave you this opportunity yesterday. You have heard, over and over, about my feelings about guns. I just think "BIG BROTHER" has a place in the smoking and the driving drunk issues.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/19/13 - 01:31 pm
If you want to make drinking

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/19/13 - 01:32 pm
Drunk driving is already

Drunk driving is already illegal, just as murder is illegal....why do we need new laws?

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/19/13 - 01:46 pm
HA @ 2:31

"If you want to make drinking and smoking illegal, then pass a law. Stop trying to demonize citizens who are not breaking the law."

1.) WE DON'T WANT to make drinking and smoking illegal. We just think "BIG BROTHER" has the right to limit where and how much.

2.) I am having a difficult time keeping up with what editorial you are on !

3.) PLEASE, read your e-mail from me.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/19/13 - 02:02 pm
Well....we will have to

Well....we will have to disagree...."Big Brother" has no business picking and choosing how much of a legal thing a person can do. It won't be long before they tell you how much you can eat, so your weight isn't a burden on the ACA.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/19/13 - 02:03 pm
SOOO, we are disagreeing AGAIN !

"Well....we will have to disagree...."Big Brother" has no business picking and choosing how much of a legal thing a person can do."

SOOO, when has disagreeing ever been ANYMORE of an event !!

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 06/19/13 - 06:00 pm
Freedom? What's next?

What about minority boys wearing their pants below their butt? Don't they have the freedom to do so? It's not indecent exposure...they usually have underwear on...