Liberty is snatched away

Is there a connection between South Carolina’s U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham’s Verizon phone and forced vaccinations? It makes an interesting conversation.

So many people are furious over recent knowledge of the government’s intrusion into calls being made by Verizon users. Graham told us he’s not concerned because he’s not a terrorist. Well, I’m not a terrorist, but I am very concerned.

I’m not a constitutional attorney, either, but I do know that the U.S. Constitution guarantees its citizens certain rights, such as the right of privacy, the freedom of religion and the freedom of choice for medical treatments.

Ever since 9/11, the passing of the Patriot Act by Congress and its extension in 2011, the government has taken the opportunity to further impinge upon our constitutional rights. The excuse is always “protecting us from terrorists.” This has gone way too far. Every member of Congress who signed the Patriot Act should be held accountable.

Mandated, forced vaccines present a similar dilemma. Americans have the right to religious freedom, and all but two states allow for a religious exemption to vaccines. We also have the freedom to decide what drugs we allow to be injected into our bodies and those of our children.

Yet, pharmaceutical companies are churning out new vaccines faster than one can say, “Enough already.” Their goal and the government’s seems to be to make more vaccines for more people and then restricting our right to say “no.”

Vaccine bills are turning up in every state in this country. Some states have made it mandatory for children to present a doctor’s permission slip, besides their other exemption, to avoid vaccines. In New York, there’s a legislative bill calling for children to be allowed to be vaccinated for sexually transmitted diseases without a parent’s consent. The majority of state legislative bills limit our choices.

We need more conversation about wireless phones and vaccine rights, and we need action. We need action from every American who opposes government limitations of our constitutional liberties.

Comments (37)

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/18/13 - 03:43 pm

1) Gun control: The

1) Gun control: The Constitution is pretty clear here. Shall not be infringed.

2) Religion: See #1

3) Politics: Full of power hungry thieves and criminals.

4) Big brother listening. See #1

5) Obama following Bush's footsteps. Where's that hope and change?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/18/13 - 03:44 pm

Got to go now.

Got to go now.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/18/13 - 03:56 pm

HA, you continue to hope

"6) 5+ scandals in DC.....See #5, and what will it take to get his disciples to deny him?"

You Republicans just will not except that Obama DOES have some good qualities and some good followers !

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/18/13 - 04:14 pm

HA is important to this posting board

As for me, "HA seems to be ( THE HEART-BEAT ) of this posting board !" Perhaps I feel most comfortable with going head-to-head with her. I guess I feel like I can ALMOST hold my own with her. She has got a lot of fortitude. I told her that I thought she was unique both posting her picture and using her real name for her e-mail address.

Guess I have to go as well. maybe tomorrow

chascushman
chascushman 06/18/13 - 09:36 pm

"3.) Liberals are the ones

"3.) Liberals are the ones that are educated !"
Bledsoe, being educated does not necessarily make a person intelligent. I have known a lot of college graduates that could not pour urine out of a boot with the directions on the heel. Oh yeah most were liberal. My findings are that liberals are educated but not very smart. I would be surprised if most liberals posting here knows the difference.

billding
billding 06/18/13 - 10:47 pm

hey t3bledsoe I think you

hey t3bledsoe

I think you missed the 2011 vote on extension of the Patriot Act:

Senate: 73-23
House: 250-123
signed by obama

so your statement "For another thing, you conservatives CAN THANK YOUR PRESIDENT BUSH for The Patriot Act !!" should read politicians (including a whole lot of dems) not President Bush

KSL
KSL 06/18/13 - 10:56 pm

Bledsoe

Want to be a better speller? Linguistics and phonetics. My first grade teacher did that for me. 7 years later she did the same for my brother. My sister, in between us, different teacher, not so much per my mother.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/18/13 - 11:13 pm

It is usually around 1% of

It is usually around 1% of the vaccination population that won't develop immunity and can get disease, however vaccinations are historically very effective virtually eradicating small pox and polio, and flu has decreased by 99%. Education is the key to compliance-at least that is my hope. However there is a history of a lack of compliance and out breaks resulting in deaths-which you would think people would wake up to that kind of info. Ridiculous to have children die from preventable diseases.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/18/13 - 11:21 pm

There are vaccines that are

There are vaccines that are good at reducing sickness but not preventing the infection and spread-like whooping cough apparently isn't as effective as initially thought. Depends on the pathogen too. Plasmodium, the protest that causes malaria, is well known to change its antigens so the immune system finds it difficult to fight.

Darby
19378
Darby 06/19/13 - 06:25 pm

"If there is no small house, then you can't add

on to it. If there is no pile on the field in football, the players can't pile on. I am trying my darndest to make my point as CLEAR as I can ! Without your presidents ORIGINAL LAW, my president would not have had anything to extend !!"

Using that (Tbledsoe's law) then I guess we have to blame George Washington, Alex Hamilton, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, John Hancock, etc, for the mess that the United States has recently become.

After all, those dummies created this country. If they hadn't stirred up all that trouble with old King George, then think of the beautiful world we could be living in.

Really simple, but completely circular logic. Maybe you should try a LOT harder to make your point, Tbledsoe... So far, you don't even make sense.

Not even a little bit.

PS - Just thinking. Without the Constitution, we would never have been bothered with that stupid Bill of Rights known as the First Ten Amendments. Yeah, writing the Constitution was what started things going downhill.

Sorry folks, just trying to think like Tbledsoe. I can see why he's frustrated.

Darby
19378
Darby 06/19/13 - 06:37 pm

One, more simple explanation of Tbledsoe's

"brilliant" observations can be found in the statement, that.....

If your parents never had any children, chances are, you probably won't either....

Post exchange construction loses 40 days to winter

The $22 million expansion of Fort Gordon's Post Exchange lost nearly 40 construction days this winter, but the project's manager said Wednesday that the new facility should be ready well ahead of ...