Sanford-haters dishonest

I’ve been reading all of the negative comments about U.S. Rep. Mark Sanford, mostly concerning his lack of morals. As I am one to leave judgment up to God, I choose to stay out of that one. Apparently the majority of voters in his district feel the same way.

Personally, I am neutral.

Mark Sanford is without a doubt a hard-line fiscal conservative. He took on the federal government and even the Republican Party when it came to accepting federal money that had too many strings attached. In doing so he made a lot of enemies – which brings me to the point of this letter.

I have raised valid points as to why I oppose President Obama’s agenda only to be called a racist. It’s not possible for me to simply disagree with his policies. It must be that I don’t like him because he is a black man. Right?

Now that Sanford has returned to politics, the same people who accuse me of being simple-minded in regard to Obama expect me to believe they object to the governor’s return based on his moral indiscretions. Bull.

Why don’t they just admit that their dislike of Mark Sanford stems from him being a hard-right, fiscally conservative, anti-big-government, states’ rights conservative? Seriously folks – how many past political heroes of this country were guilty of the same behavior? I’ll name a few for you: FDR, Eisenhower, JFK, Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton.

Sanford may be a nut job, for all I know. I’d say that based on many of the current members of Congress, that does not disqualify him for the job. Just spare me the sudden rise in “morals” now that a fiscally conservative Republican with some moral baggage has been elected.

Admit that you don’t like him because he is a cost-cutting Republican.

J.D. Davis

Aiken, S.C.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 06/14/13 - 07:53 am
Or just a lying, cheating,

Or just a lying, cheating, hypocrite. Take your pick.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/14/13 - 09:35 am
You should like him then

You should like him just fine then, Bodhisattva.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/14/13 - 11:46 am
"Mark Sanford is without a

"Mark Sanford is without a doubt a hard-line fiscal conservative."

Mark Sanford IS A LOT OF THINGS too, too ugly to write on this commenting board !!

faithson
faithson 06/14/13 - 11:48 am
missin' the point...

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/14/13 - 11:51 am
Faithson, apparently you are

Faithson, apparently you are a dying breed, otherwise Bill Clinton wouldn't have won re-election. I commend you, and HOPE you didn't vote for Clinton either.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/14/13 - 11:54 am
You say it well Faithson

"the point IS, the man, by his own actions has been condemed in the eyes of all of us loyal MEN who put our families above all else, sexual proclivities included. Mark, in showing his disloyalty to his 5 sons and his wife has stepped over a line that I for one find abissmal, let alone amoral. Sure make excuses if you must, but don't condem those of us who hold our wives and children in high regard and therefor expect other MEN with families to do the same."

I thought ALL CONSERVATIVES were supposed to put a lot of stock in being very moral !!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/14/13 - 11:58 am
Conservative hitting below-the-belt

"You should like him just fine then, Bodhisattva."

HA, I have said that you are too, too nice, BUT this comment is hitting below the belt !! Besides, as a women and a conservative, how can you close your eyes to what Sanford has done ??!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/14/13 - 12:25 pm
I haven't closed my eyes to

I haven't closed my eyes to ANYTHING Sanford has done, nor have I closed my eyes to the hatrid and hypocricy that Bodhisattva exhibits on a near daily basis.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/14/13 - 12:31 pm
Hitting below the belt, AGAIN !

In my opinion should we say, "nor have I closed my eyes to the hatrid and hypocricy that Bodhisattva exhibits on a near daily basis."

And you don't think this is hitting-below-the-belt ??

faithson
faithson 06/14/13 - 12:39 pm
the same...

fellatio vs hard core get it on while lying to the family, let alone the whole state of South Carolina... not the same, many a marriage has been held together from overcoming a bad decision. Now, I think ole Bill should have stepped down after his indiscrestion for sure. But, all you repub's had better thank him for NOT stepping down. GW would never had won that election if ole Gore was the sitting president. say what you will, but those 500 or so votes that got GW elected would not have been there.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/14/13 - 12:44 pm
Faithson, you are on fire, today !

"say what you will, but those 500 or so votes that got GW elected would not have been there."

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/14/13 - 01:12 pm
If it's true, it's not

If it's true, it's not hitting below the belt. Just stop me when I'm lying.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/14/13 - 01:15 pm
I see....you defend Clinton

I see....you defend Clinton and condemn Sanford? I guess I had too much hope for you. So Sanford lied to the state of SC and you condemn him, but when Clinton lied to the entire nation ("I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman") it's somehow not as bad? Faithson, tell me honestly. Did you vote for Clinton on his second term?

allhans
allhans 06/14/13 - 02:11 pm
Maybe things would look

Maybe things would look different if the wife of Sanford had done as Hillary "stand by your man".
He would be idolized by progressives...

ultrarnr
ultrarnr 06/14/13 - 02:26 pm
One attribute

The letter writer is absolutely correct. there is one thing about Mark Sanford that is definitely HARD. I really don't care about a politician's sexual habits. I care about them lying about it. Many of our presidents have been getting it on the side and it was a non event.

chascushman
chascushman 06/14/13 - 03:13 pm
If Sanford was a democrat it

If Sanford was a democrat it would have been a non-issue. If you are a democrat you can commit perjury, Clinton, and stay in office. If you are a democrat you can cheat on your income tax and still be appointed treasury secretary, Geithner. If you are a democrat you can be a tax cheat and remain in congress, Charlie Rangel. If you are democrat you can get drunk and drive a women in a lake and leave her to drown and remain in congress, Kennedy.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 06/14/13 - 05:32 pm
charlie rangel

and marion berry committed crimes against the United States of America and are the darlings of the naacp and libbies. Mark Sanford, while having marital fidelity issues, has not committed any crimes against the United States of America, to my knowledge.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/14/13 - 07:20 pm
HA, one more time about Bodhisattva

"If it's true, it's not hitting below the belt. Just stop me when I'm lying."

I don't want to cause you to "beat your head against a wall", just one more comment about your statement about Bodhisattva, "Shouldn't you qualify your remarks as "your opinion"?"

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 06/14/13 - 07:30 pm
HA, perhaps an apology from me is in order

"What Sanford did was horrible. I don't see anywhere where I have said otherwise."

I commend you for feeling like you do about Sanford. I guess you are such a conservative, that I assumed you would be for Sanford.

chascushman
chascushman 06/14/13 - 08:13 pm
"I guess you are such a

"I guess you are such a conservative, that I assumed you would be for Sanford."
I am for anybody except a democrat.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 06/15/13 - 06:23 am
I have witnessed his hatred

I have witnessed his hatred and hypocrisy. That is not an opinion.