Abortion column one-sided

I am 79 years old, and have two children and five grandchildren. After I read the May 21 syndicated column by Star Parker (“Abortion? The right move here is crisis counseling and birth”), it was sickening.

Every word talks about the poor. How does she know what every situation these poor women are in that she can be the judge? She never says anything about people who have money and good insurance, and know a doctor who can take care of the situation. How many little Susies get pregnant, and Mom or Dad says, “Don’t worry – we can call Dr. So-and-So and you can get a dilation and curettage, then everything will be fine”? Why doesn’t Ms. Parker write about that?

Not every pregnancy develops into a perfect healthy, beautiful baby. There are many complications that can happen. Maybe Ms. Parker should do a study on that. From the beginning to the end of a pregnancy, with the technology we have today, doctors can determine many problems. The fetus could have brain damage; it could be developed with no arms or legs; it could have no heartbeat. There are more – too numerous to name. Would Ms. Parker call them unwanted pregnancies?

My daughter had a tubular pregnancy. The tube burst. Should she bleed to death or abort?

When I read these kinds of columns she writes, and you print, I see that you don’t have any idea of the pain my daughter went through. If they had a situation with any of these problems or others, what would she or anyone in her family do? I would like to know the answer to that question.

Viola M. Slechta

Grovetown

carcraft
carcraft 05/31/13 - 06:34 am
Star Parker has been there

WOW, a tubal pregnancy isn't a viable pregnancy. Nature already aborted that pregnancy. Do you think we should kill the 6 year old daughter of the women held in bondage and produced by rape? These are very tough questions but Star Parker is a survivor of the liberal ghetto plantation so she really does under stand where a of of this is coming from.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 05/31/13 - 06:57 am
More made up right wing buzz

sassylassie
sassylassie 05/31/13 - 07:04 am
I'm so glad your

I'm so glad your grandchildren---excuse me--you might have called them "situations"-- weren't "taken care of."
Your letter makes no sense. You are talking about people who have insurance then a parent who suggests taking their daughter to "take care if a situation". Not really understanding your point here. Why would Star have talked about that? Your paragraph about the insurance makes no sense.

avidreader
avidreader 05/31/13 - 07:58 am
Confused!

I don't get it! I read the Star Parker column. What's your point?

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 05/31/13 - 08:10 am
Have you ever noticed?

Every pro-abortion proponent wasn't.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 05/31/13 - 08:18 am
ok....I will see your

insurance claim and raise you with condoms...they are free. Your letter is full of left wing jibberish to excuse the killing of babies instead of responsibility. You won't find anyone who is against abortion arguing that it's right no matter your social status...so what is your point?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 05/31/13 - 08:51 am
One-Sided

Ms. Slechta is concerned that a newspaper opinion column is one-sided. Well, duh, that's what an opinion column is supposed to be!

allhans
allhans 05/31/13 - 08:58 am
I doubt a woman of 79 will

What's the deal. Is she for it or a-gin' it?

oldredneckman96
oldredneckman96 05/31/13 - 09:34 am
Abortion or Murder, not always one or the other.

Is it abortion or murder? Answer these questions: In a case of rape, did the child produced by a rape do any wrong? In a pregnancy that might kill the mother, would you keep a tumor that is killing you? If “it” is a human after being born, when is “it” not a human? If “it” is not a human, just a piece of property, then does the father have property rights? If an abortion takes a Doctor, nurses and staff and is paid for with public money and ignores the rights of the father, how is there a right to privacy involved? If a criminal shoots a pregnant woman and kills the child and the woman survives, why would he be charged with murder and not abortion? With many abortions done just to select the sex of the child, if it has a sexual identity how can it not be human. When a child is aborted because it may have a defect does that mean we should kill anyone with a disability? A real answer to these questions lets us know there are times when an abortion is the only answer and that abortion on demand is murder. Murder for money in this country is a crime, forcing a woman to die for an unborn child is just as wrong.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 05/31/13 - 09:56 am
"More made up right wing buzz

"More made up right wing buzz words. Ze plane! Ze plane! The fantasy world of right wing mythology."

Please name these made up buzz words.

Darby
Darby 05/31/13 - 10:49 am
"My daughter had a tubular pregnancy.

The tube burst. Should she bleed to death or abort?"

Someone has a HUGE chip on her shoulder.

The writer keeps asking "Why doesn't Ms Parker write about that?..."

You might ask the same of her. Why, in her rebuttal didn't Ms. Slechta write about the American practice of using abortion as an afterthought for birth control? (And at the expense of others.)

Why didn't she write about all those millions of aborted children who ACTUALLY DO HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP into a perfect healthy, beautiful baby?

Ms. Parker probably didn't write as Ms. Slechta suggested because she wasn't cheer-leading for abortion.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/31/13 - 10:55 am
I have to agree with

I have to agree with avidreader. I pulled up the Star Parker article so as to be informed of what Ms. Slechta was so disgusted about and I can not find a collation. Ms. Parker's article was about the alternative to abortion through the use of crisis pegnacy centers as appose to death through abortion.

Although I am sad for Ms. Slechta's daughter who had to suffer through a tramatic pregnancy that ended medically, I fail to see what this has to do with Star Parker's article.

As for buzz words.....Angela I sure hope you are use to waiting because I seriously doubt you'll get the names you request by a certain poster.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 05/31/13 - 12:05 pm
I think this one should just be left alone.

Really, it was just a rant that seems to lack much in the way of perspective.

crkgrdn
crkgrdn 05/31/13 - 03:58 pm
The continuing mutilation of motherhood.

Why does the Left hate life? For those folks life is only an inconvenience, rather than a wonderful gift.

csrareader
csrareader 05/31/13 - 06:59 pm
Are you grateful that your

Are you grateful that your mother didn't allow someone to abort you 79 years ago?

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 05/31/13 - 07:21 pm
Look, it needs to be left

Look, it needs to be left alone...Some of y'all are just as off-track as Ms. Slechta. Star Parker expressed her opinion which she is welcome to do. I don't know how that got confused with a tubal pregnancy which is not elective/deliberate and is a "natural" abortion.