Quit swooning over Tiger

I am writing to express my frustration with the continual obsession of NBC with Tiger Woods, as exemplified by its TV coverage May 12 at the Players Championship. It becomes apparent to me that the NBC love affair with Woods is only exceeded by the one with President Obama.

It is so frustrating to see this network and all its affiliates show every shot, every walk and every move by Woods as the focus of all tournaments he is in. I have no qualms that Woods is an outstanding golfer, but the tour is more than him, notwithstanding the money Tiger brings to the tour. It is amazing how many times Tiger’s wins are because of the poor play of his opposition.

Further, the continual adoration with every shot and how great he is becomes somewhat sickening!

May 12 was no exception. It seemed like the network was continually rooting for Tiger.

faithson
faithson 05/15/13 - 12:11 am
ahhh... u were watchin' right

ya need to listen to some sports talk radio to find the answer to your supposed conundrum. Tiger IS golf in America for the time being and the ratings when he plays sky rocket. America's pension for every and anything celebrity speaks for itself in NBC's coverage.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 05/15/13 - 06:11 am
EVEN covering for him on the

EVEN covering for him on the ilegal drop on 14.. every angle coverage of the water shot..shows it never crossed land after it crossed over the tee off area....only MILLER had a problem with that drop...yet he seemed to muzzleded after that..

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 05/15/13 - 10:28 am
Woods and Sanford

Quite frankly, life itself confusses me when the likes of Woods and Sanford are granted HUGE SECOND CHANCES !!

ldhaupt
ldhaupt 05/15/13 - 10:43 am
It's Not Just NBC.....

Every network knows that when Woods is on the leader board, ratings skyrocket. When he's not on the leader board, they search for ratings by showing him although he's irrelevant. I understand he possesses huge talent as a golfer. I was, however, never a fan. In a nutshell, check out the Feherty interview with Rocco Mediate.....toward the end when Rocco tells a story of his request to Woods to sign his 2008 US Open Pin Sheet with a personalized message..........all ya gotta know.........

Darby
Darby 05/15/13 - 11:52 am
I have no use for golf....

Yes, it takes skill. So does chess and billiards. Don't see the reason for the excitement.

Does that make me some kinds of traitor to Augusta????

bigj706
bigj706 05/15/13 - 12:58 pm
Go Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He

Go Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He rules golf

David Parker
David Parker 05/15/13 - 02:40 pm
FAIL

"It is amazing how many times Tiger’s wins are because of the poor play of his opposition."

Were you referring to the final putt on 18 from teh rookie that would have forced the playoff? yeah, such poor play from that opposition. Did you even see the 4th round. Tiger can hit every shot with every club to any point he wants. You want to fault the guy b/c the competition isn't that good? Really?

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/15/13 - 03:37 pm
Very nice LTE, Joel. That's

Very nice LTE, Joel. That's all I'm allowed to say.

allhans
allhans 05/15/13 - 09:19 pm
Amen to stop the

Amen to stop the smooching...It is has gotten rather tiresome. Tiger is a better than good, (I like him) he is a great golfer but so are lots of others..

Darby
Darby 05/15/13 - 09:48 pm
" ......life itself confusses (sic) me when the likes

of Woods and Sanford are granted HUGE SECOND CHANCES !!"

Are we talking golf, life in general or sex? Now I'm confused.