Learn who preaches best

Some preachers, both male and female, think if they preach real, real loud; real, real masculine; real, real emotional; or real, real fast, they are preaching well.

This is not true.

Joyce Meyer is the best preacher on Christian television. Billy Graham is second.

Matthew Hagee, Pat Robertson of CBN and the 700 Club, Jack van Impe and Hal Lindsey all are rich right-wing Republicans. They also are prejudiced. I can say they are prejudiced because of their politics.

When some preachers and some Christians say everything has happened that needs to happen for Jesus to come back, this is absolutely not true.

Billy Graham taught us to believe in Jesus Christ. Joyce Meyer teaches us how to live.

Racism is the worst evil that has happened in the United States.

If the Bible was perfectly written, why do we have all these different translations? They cannot all be equally accurate. Why can’t we settle on one translation that is the most accurate?

I have been an official Christian for more than 52 years.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 04/30/13 - 11:01 pm
The LTE inbox must be getting

The LTE inbox must be getting pretty light.

specsta
specsta 05/01/13 - 02:28 am
Your Life Is Your Witness

The best "preacher" is anyone, regardless of their "religion", who lives their life with humanity and compassion, has concern for the poor and sick and imprisoned, is giving and loving, and who speaks life into other people and does not speak death through condemnation and judgement of others.

That's a real "preacher".

The rest of these false teachers are about one thing - themselves and their wallets.

carcraft
carcraft 05/01/13 - 04:16 am
Some how we forgot to mention

Some how we forgot to mention that real preachers also admonish us not to embrace a culture of death such as is promoted by the likes of Gosnell and Planned Parenthood. As for me and my house hold...

myfather15
myfather15 05/01/13 - 06:06 am
Dang; I've got to agree with

Dang; I've got to agree with Giants, this is a terrible article. Providing ZERO basis for their damaging claim of racism; besides "They also are prejudiced. I can say they are prejudiced because of their politics." Really? So that is "Proof" of their racism; enough that you will declare them racist, without debate?

Do people like this "Christian" Bobby Etheridge, realize how much damage they can cause by slinging baseless allegations of racism? Yet, they do so simply because of POLITICS. It appears Mr. Etheridge; THEY aren't the racists because of politics, you simply do not like their political side, therefore YOU call them racist. So who is the true racist, bigot? It appears you might be bigoted towards preachers AND politicians whom you disagree with.

karradur
karradur 05/01/13 - 06:11 am
I had to read this letter several times.

Just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind and forgetting how to read.

It's THAT incoherent.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/01/13 - 06:21 am
I have nothing against Joyce

I have nothing against Joyce Meyers and think she is a very good teacher of the Word but to say Billy Graham is second is a little off base. Mr. Graham has led thousands upon thousands to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Can the same be said about Ms. Meyers. Which is most important.....to be taught how to live a good life, OR to have someone lead you to the Savior who offers eternal salvation. Let HIM be the one who teaches you how to live a good life through the study of HIS Word.

Mr. Ethedrige states he/she (not sure if Bobby is male or female) has been an "official Christian" for 52 years. What exactly is an "official Christian"?

karradur
karradur 05/01/13 - 06:34 am
Uh-oh.

InChristLove and I are agreeing on something.

Do you get a membership card when you become an "official Christian"? Is there a yearly fee?

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/01/13 - 06:36 am
Difference in you and I

Difference in you and I agreeing karradur is that I'm asking a serious question....you are just poking fun.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 05/01/13 - 08:33 am
Real relation-ship to GOD

I don't go to church and I seldom listen to preachers on TV or radio. I do, however, feel comfortable with my relation-ship with GOD. A true relation-ship MUST be felt in the soul and the heart. WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, I feel like church is too, too much like a history course in school !

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 05/01/13 - 08:44 am
Billy Graham is an evangelist

Billy Graham is an evangelist thus "The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association " There is a difference between an evangelist and Pastor.
I wonder if the writer is even a member of a local church. He may just stay home and watch tv. (Hebrews 10:25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging {one another;} and all the more as you see the day drawing near.)

We have many translations because most of us cant read the "original Bible in ancient Hebrew and Greek"

Not sure about the writers last statement about being an "Official" Christian means.
Maybe some of you liberals christians can help me with this one because is sounds like the writer is one of you.

karradur
karradur 05/01/13 - 08:46 am
@RMSHEFF

I don't think Jack Van Impe has a very big liberal audience.

Actually, I don't think he has an audience at all.

Young Fred
Young Fred 05/01/13 - 08:57 am
I "kind-of" relate,

I "kind-of" relate, t3bledsoe. I've studied and read the Book extensively, many translations, which seem to be fairly consistent with each other, at least on the most relevant points. But, I've never felt comfortable in an organized religion setting. I am comfortable in my relationship with the lord. I do enjoy attending services occasionally (especially Wed evenings which seem to be a little more studious) to get different perspectives on my interpretations.

A point about the letter - never mind, it stands "as is", no comment needed.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 05/01/13 - 08:59 am
Dr Jack Van Impe teaches

Dr Jack Van Impe teaches eschatology and prophecy. The writer listed Jack in his list of cursed preachers. He is confused.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 05/01/13 - 09:07 am
@RMSHEFF

Your last paragraph in your 8:44 could rub REAL CHRISTIANS the wrong way ! The debate of Libs. vs Conservs. should really stop when speaking of religion.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/01/13 - 09:09 am
MyFather15-nice we can agree

MyFather15-nice we can agree on at least one little thing. I find fault and say shame on the ACES for exploiting this guy. I feel sorry for this guy so I didn't go after him personally. He didn't help the cause of religious people. But sometimes journalists can be sleazy. ACES, if this is all you have in your inbox, it's OK not to print anything at all. You know how when a tornado rips through a town and destroys everything? Then the news media picks the dumbest hick who lost a trailer to interview? ACES is reminding me of that right now.

allhans
allhans 05/01/13 - 09:12 am
Lots of judgements made in

Lots of judgements made in this LTE against some good God fearing folks....

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 05/01/13 - 09:21 am
@RMSHEFF @GiantsAllDay

YOU BOTH ARE IN GREAT FORM TODAY !! Liberal Christians and hick mobile home owners !

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 05/01/13 - 09:22 am
I assume you are referring to

I assume you are referring to my statement "Not sure about the writers last statement about what being an "Official" Christian means" You stated "The debate of Libs. vs Conservs. should really stop when speaking of religion."
In the world of faith, liberal vs conservative is the debate. Conservatives like myself believe in the " inerrancy of Scripture"and in literal translation while liberals usually don't. If you don't take God's word for what it says or don't believe parts of God's word this is the grounds for disagreement.

Young Fred
Young Fred 05/01/13 - 09:52 am
Giants, I agree

with your sentiment about explotation.

I recall, 4 or 5 years ago, attending a Tea-party rally downtown. You had your protestors/Obama supporters, approx 3 TV stations and a paper reporter. Of all the well-spoken people with great points to make, with very few exceptions, the so-called reporters picked the "red neckedist", loudest, most incoherent individuals to interview.

On the other hand, when interviewing the Obama supporters, they didn't pick the stereotypical, overweight, 52 year old, government bureaucrat, shouting derogatory comments in thick southern eubonics at rally-goers. No they picked the leaders of the protestors each and every time.

I "wonder" why that would be?

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/01/13 - 10:00 am
Nice point, Freddy boy. I

Nice point, Freddy boy. I think you're on to something here.

myfather15
myfather15 05/01/13 - 10:11 am
Paraphrasing Specsta's first

Paraphrasing Specsta's first statement; do not condemn ANYONE no matter what they do and certainly do NOT discern right from wrong; or your not a Christian. Sound about right?

myfather15
myfather15 05/01/13 - 10:23 am
"The debate of Libs. vs

No, it shouldn't. Thats exactly the confusment the left uses when trying to confuse people. They want ignorant people to believe "We are just as Christian as you" although their behavior and actions speaks completely different. They are trying to blur the line between right and wrong. Confusing people as to who is a "Real" Christian and who isn't. If you can't determine who is and who isn't, it makes it hard for lesser informed people to tell the difference. They tell people you don't condemn or judge other people; therefore there is no distinction between right and wrong. "By their fruits, ye shall know them." That doesn't mean by their WORDS, but by their actions, works and deeds.

The fact is that we aren't suppose to judge peoples SOUL, because that is God's job and His alone. BUT, we are CERTAINLY supposed to discern right and wrong. We ARE to voice condemnation when improper, immoral acts are being committed. MANY times in the Bible God would send his messengers; Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Paul and many others to a group of people to tell them they were doing wrong and CONDEMN their behavior; not to judge their souls.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/01/13 - 10:29 am
Very well stated Myfather15!

Very well stated Myfather15! Thank you. Number one most misinterpreted bible verse.

dwb619
dwb619 05/01/13 - 11:32 am
the man

Billy Graham is the "MAN".
I don't really know the difference between an evangelist and a preacher.
I do know that I have never heard Billy Graham ask for a DOLLAR.

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/01/13 - 11:59 am
I thought the best preacher

I thought the best preacher was the wise counselor-the Holy Spirit. All the rest all just human sinners who have been saved and now are either being sanctified for heaven or failing and headin' to hell-much like us all.

myfather15
myfather15 05/01/13 - 12:51 pm
@bwb619

An Evangalist is a person who is supposed to be reaching out to non-christians; spreading the world of Christ's Love. He doesn't necessarily TEACH God's word, but again; goes around spreading the good news of Christ's love and promise, trying to bring more people to Christ. For a person to Evanalize over and over to people who have already committed to Christ; serves no purpose.

A Pastor is one who, after one has heard the good news, accepted Christ and became part of Christ's flock; FEEDS THEM. He is supposed to teach the Word of God in depth; not just the milk of the word, which is for those babes who had never heard of nor accepted Christ. A Pastor is supposed to teach the MEAT of God's word. Milk is what babies drink; and what exactly can a baby do for itself? Meat is for mature adults and we get out and WORK for Christ.

Even Paul said "Lets put away the FIRST principals of Christ and go onto a more mature understanding." You are NOT supposed to remain in evangalism; you are supposed to seek the deeper knowledge. MANY, MANY never get out of the evangalism stage their whole lives.

Every week you see people mindlessly trotting off the Church to hear the same lessons, week end and week out. To hear how to treat people with love and kindness; you didn't know that already? How to treat and love your spouse better; you didn't know that already? That Jesus died on the cross to save us for our sins; you didn't know that already?

I believe a person should ask themselve this question EVERY time they go to a Church; What did I learn today, that I didn't already know? If you go every week and the answer to that question is continously; NOTHING. Houston, we have a problem. Because the Word of God is pregnant; it's always growing and you CAN learn something everytime you study it.

Now, thats the end of just ANOTHER of my extremely long statements.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 05/01/13 - 03:36 pm
Myfather15

Does the AC pay you by the word? I mean Christ almighty!!!

myfather15
myfather15 05/01/13 - 04:02 pm
Do you know how to use a mouse?

Just another sign of someones complete intolerance of others opinions. Attacking someone for posting their opinion on a website open for discussion. The simply fact is you have the ability to keep scrolling or put me on ignore and you wouldn't even see my comments. But that is ok, just keep showing your intolerance of others opinions.

myfather15
myfather15 05/01/13 - 04:43 pm
You're just looking for

You're just looking for another reason to demean those whom you disagree. As usual with the LP's, they are allergic to truth; it gives them a rash of the brain. So,if you can't beat them with substance, attack the length/duration of their posts. But the simple fact is; you probably read my long posts for the same reason LP's listen to Rush Limbaugh; it completely ticks them off and gets under their skin. Otherwise; I expect to NEVER see you respond to another of my posts; because if you put me on ignore you won't see them, therefore you won't respond to them.

Either way; stop complaining, because YOU have the ability to scroll over them OR place me on ignore. The power is in YOUR hands.

GiantsAllDay