Fouled yard dogs homeowner

Why do people walk their dogs around the neighborhood and let them use other people’s yards as toilets? Where they urinate, it causes brown spots. To run over animal waste with the mower is disgusting when you don’t even own a dog.

I work hard for a nice lawn. What happened to common decency? I probably have made enemies in the neighborhood because I ask them not to let their dogs use my yard as a toilet.

DoggieMom
DoggieMom 04/30/13 - 04:00 am
Fouled Yard

I have a dog, but p/u after him daily. Neighbor dogs loved my nice, green expanse of grass.
The mess & smell was awful.
Then someone suggested to me to sprinkle moth crystals near the entry to my yard.
It works very well, & while the other owners don't catch why their sweet fluffy won't set foot in my yard,
I watch at the window and smile!!!
Once the dog returns, I simply purchase another can (sold by the ironing boards & hangers at WalMart), and sprinkle the smelly crystals near the street, and the dogs leave us alone!!
Good Luck!!!

bumblebeerose
bumblebeerose 04/30/13 - 04:23 am
Thanks for the tip

I have someone on my street who walks there dog and lets it crap in front of my mailbox. I think I will try this.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/30/13 - 08:25 am
Great idea

I hear it will keep other critters away too.

soitgoes
soitgoes 04/30/13 - 08:47 am
great tip.

another suggestion: if someone continues to allow their dog to poop in your yard and won't clean it up, pick it up for them and return it to their doorstep...

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/30/13 - 08:56 am
LTE states a mouth full !

People with dogs on a leash should understand their responsibilties.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/30/13 - 09:42 am
Return to sender.

I have been known to return the "present" to the senders property, usually on their front doormat! I'll try the Crystals though for the cats which have decided that part of my yard is a sandbox and my vehicles a climbing stand.

mooseye
mooseye 04/30/13 - 10:14 am
Maybe

you can get rolling thunder to have a doggy checkpoint!

allhans
allhans 04/30/13 - 01:03 pm
Moth balls are harmful if

Moth balls are harmful if swallowed, but we will assume that the animals won't get that close.
They have long been used to rid your yard of moles/voles...whatever those things are that aerate my yard.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 04/30/13 - 03:30 pm
I have yet to see a dog in my

I have yet to see a dog in my neighborhood wearing Depends. It's natural that a dog will want to sprinkle a mailbox post, especially a male dog that can smell where another dog has been. Dogs on leashes don't bother me. People that let their dogs out to run the neighborhood / do their business without their owners bothers me. Sometimes you have no control of when your pooch decides to let go, so you just have to clean it up. Yesterday, I heard a lady through her open window exclaim that I let my dog pee on her mailbox pole. This is the same yard with the 50 year old mailbox pole and the chihuahuas running loose (owner inside)that chase us out of their yard (technically, the first 10 feet of the yard is the counties easement). We don't make it a habit to use her pole daily but if she thinks my dog is the first to do that, she is mistaken. There are plenty of times that I clean up my dog's package and some unknown Fido's poopy-doo. I don't want to step in it either.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 04/30/13 - 06:19 pm
Definitely, return to owner's front stoop

lit on fire.

Be sure to ring the doorbell so they know it's there.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/30/13 - 09:29 pm
My neighbor in Lawerenceville Ga had a Yard sign

Anything your dog leaves
we will rub your nose in it.

It seemed to work.

Do Georgia colleges need so many sports?

ATLANTA -- The Board of Regents auditing staff is looking at athletic programs at the 30 Georgia schools that offer intercollegiate sports.