Masters Week visit superb

My wife and I had the pleasure of reading The Augusta Chronicle while we attended the Masters Tournament. It is a wonderfully written and composed newspaper.

From Augusta we drove to Savannah to have lunch at Paula Deen’s Lady and Sons restaurant, which we enjoyed very much.

About our stay in Georgia – one of many – I wish to compliment the citizens of Georgia, black and white and all others, for their graciousness and kindness throughout our stay. There never was a feeling of segregation, and there never was a time that we did not feel appreciated.

We love the Peach State and look forward to returning to it.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 04/16/13 - 05:36 am
What a strange letter of

What a strange letter of appreciation. I guess, though, black and white and all others has it pretty much covered.

soapy_725
soapy_725 04/16/13 - 07:57 am
It is positive feedback (-:

They don't have black, white and others in Holy Toledo. Coming South is like going on safari for northerners. We present such a drastically different face that can actually make eye contact with a stranger.

Odd situation. You never hear of a southern retiring and moving to the north.

In western NC and VA they have a group of people they call "half backs". These are rich Yankees who went to FL on vacation and only made it half way back home (-:

soapy_725
soapy_725 04/16/13 - 08:07 am
Not one single cross burning or

members of a venerated southern organization, which will remain nameless, was present. All of the restroom signs had been changed to reflect men and women. The water fountains had "no signs".

This LTE reminds me of an employee from Greensboro NC who transferred to Augusta GA and was seriously offended that one of our paid holidays actually honored "Masters" on the Friday of the first full week in April. No joke.

allhans
allhans 04/16/13 - 09:22 am
Palmetto 1008..Perhaps he

Palmetto 1008..Perhaps he wanted to heap a little praise on those who get so little.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/16/13 - 09:31 am
Nice letter

Nothing strange to me..

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/16/13 - 11:18 am
Good comment "seenitB4"

I can not say anything bad about this LTE. The comment about "black and white segregation" was probably indicative that the ANGC has not enforced this issue of black cadies in decades !

All Ohioins need to come here to live and stimulate our economy the year around !

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/16/13 - 01:02 pm
t3bledsoe

THank you...

I going to ask Sean our main man on here to assist you...:)
(with any access trouble)

David Parker
David Parker 04/16/13 - 01:33 pm
I get it. Palmetto refers to

I get it. Palmetto refers to the wording "never was a feeling", as if segregation is a lead element from the view on the outside looking in. I don't know if that is how the South/Georgia is perceived widespread. I've never been on the outside looking in and I don't recall any segregational issues directly affecting me or people I come into contact with. If the state is known for implementing segregation, hopefully we can outrun that b/c all i read about now is how the senior proms aren't segregated anymore. Glad yall had a good time down ere.

McCormick County investigating cyclist attack

The McCormick County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate the reported attack on a bicyclist over the weekend, but has yet to find much evidence, a spokesman said Tuesday.