Don't let Benghazi fade

Republican U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina reported that he has interviewed some of the survivors who are recovering at Walter Reed Army Medical Center from injuries suffered from the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, more than six months ago. Congress has not had access to the 30-some witnesses in the attack, and finds it difficult to even find out who they are and obtain any firsthand accounts of the tragedy since the attack! He stated that they said that they are afraid to come forward with their accounts, and have been told to keep quiet.

I don’t doubt Sen. Graham. Whether you are a government employee of the Central Intelligence Agency, the Diplomatic Consulate Services under the State Department, a member of the military or even an employee of a government contractor working in this field, the government has a hold on you!

I’ve stated before that I believe the president simply retired that evening to rest before his next-day campaign trip to Nevada, and that no one had the courage to disturb him, or all were under orders not to disturb him. Thus, no military intervention actions were taken to come to the aid of those under attack at Benghazi. If that was the case, there has been, out of necessity for his 2012 presidential re-election, a cover-up of the details.

Who’s to say that those survivors have not been forced to sign documents that ensure their secrecy since the attack, under threat of prosecution? If you were an individual in these circumstances, would you be willing to come forward, taking the risk of career-ending job loss or even prosecution?

I hope that the congressional investigation continues to attempt to find the truth in this matter and not simply allow it to just fade away, as I believe the administration would like to happen!

carcraft
carcraft 04/11/13 - 05:31 am
No, this simply isn't

No, this simply isn't correct! This dastardly letter writer dares to suggest that this isn't the most open administration ever? Why king Obama promised it would be! Obama doesn't lie so the letter writer is wrong?

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 04/11/13 - 05:53 am
Embassy bombings

There should be a thorough investigation of ALL embassy bombings.
I am sure this source will be discounted; after all they brought us the infamous 47% tape and we know that was a fabrication.

I am on a road trip today but when I finish I look forward to the links my friends will post where Sen. Graham insisted on the same for all other administrations.

Gary Ross
Gary Ross 04/11/13 - 07:45 am
Good article!

But you forget that this is the same country and government whose CIA worked in conjunction with the mafia to have our beloved President Kennedy killed, and which is still being covered up 50 years later...

deestafford
deestafford 04/11/13 - 08:15 am
Remember the Democratic presidential debates when Obama

and Clinton were debating who would be better if the alarm rang at 3am? Well, it did and neither of them had the leadership capability to answer it. Both of them and the compliant Lame Stream Media hit the snooze button and then unplugged it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/11/13 - 08:34 am
bodhisattva

What a shame we can't be as kind & thoughtful as you seem to be....:((

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/11/13 - 08:34 am
ymnbde, you are 100% correct.

ymnbde, you are 100% correct. The so called progressive left seem to be the most narrow minded, intolerant group of people I have ever seen.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/11/13 - 08:38 am
"But you forget that this is

"But you forget that this is the same country and government whose CIA worked in conjunction with the mafia to have our beloved President Kennedy killed, and which is still being covered up 50 years later."

I suppose you can prove this?

KSL
KSL 04/11/13 - 10:01 am
While at the investigations

Let's find out why Clinton allowed 2 American planes to be shot down by Castro. There is a lot of evidence.

And those of you who would rush to defend Billary and Hillary, I would ask you, have you ever met a Cuban boat person, one who was escaping Castro's Garden of Eden, where life is good and health-care is even better? I have!

karradur
karradur 04/11/13 - 10:02 am
I completely agree with this letter.

Presidents should never cover up something as important as this. President Reagan should be held accountable for his actions.

...oh, we're not talking about Iran-Contra?

KSL
KSL 04/11/13 - 10:17 am
KSL
KSL 04/11/13 - 10:19 am
Maybe not. Had Al invented

Maybe not. Had Al invented the Internet yet?

KSL
KSL 04/11/13 - 10:21 am
Before Al's www. we had to

Before Al's www. we had to use access via cartoon characters like, Archie.

ymnbde
ymnbde 04/11/13 - 10:24 am
Iran-Contra was investigated, Reagan was found innocent

by Congress... but ignorance yet abounds.
But since you brought it up, Obama should be investigated the exact same as Reagan.
But since there is so much evidence for his and Hillary's incompetence, nothing will happen. Ah, our media. Speaking submission to power. Stories about beyonce and kardashians are so much fun!

KSL
KSL 04/11/13 - 10:29 am
Clinton, too. Especially to

Clinton, too. Especially to keep the so called "smartest woman in the world" out of the White House this time.

KSL
KSL 04/11/13 - 10:32 am

Veronica, Jughead, and gogher. Briefly used them all before Al Gore was so accommodating.

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 04/11/13 - 11:12 am
@bodhitsvatta

You have to put up with a monthly letter from Zimmerman...we have to put up with a monthly letter from Greenbaum...I guess we're even.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/11/13 - 11:12 am
I Think

everybody is just wasting their time discussing the cold blood murders of our Americans in Benghazi.

In the minds of the socialist liberals and the Hammer & Sickle Man....That Is Just History"

Darby
Darby 04/11/13 - 12:12 pm
"I look forward to the links my...

friends will post where Sen. Graham insisted on the same for all other administrations"

As expected, the FOO, "Friends of Obama" leap to his defense in spite of the obvious truth. You can't have that many survivors keeping quiet about such an horrendous event unless they've been ordered not to speak. Just doesn't happen.

If Obama and his crew had preformed with honor and dignity, we would have seen it heralded from the front pages of the New York Time, above the fold, and for days on end.

And as for Sen. Graham, how about we turn the tables back on Truth Matters and have him do his own research? Show us where Graham has covered up for even one conservative president, rather than challenging us to show where he didn't.

It's not that easy to "prove" a negative. Your links to liberal web sites like Mother Jones notwithstanding.

Just once, I'd like to see a liberal post his opinion on one of these sites without cutting and pasting someone else's biased efforts.

Not a lot of original thought there.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 04/11/13 - 12:36 pm
Darby. What I have seen the

Darby. What I have seen the liberals do more often than not is accuse the Conservatives of something (usually to divert from some other liberal's wrongdoing) and then when asked to back up their accusation with facts, they do one of the following:

1) Ignore the request for proof.
2) Repeat the accusation a few more times, hoping that repetition will somehow make it true.
3) Tell YOU to prove their accusation wrong, ie do their research FOR them.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 04/11/13 - 02:25 pm
hey truth--cant think of any

hey truth--cant think of any of my conservative friends or myself that says the 47 % remark was a fabrication...its simlpy was the truth--we have 47 percent of the voters who blindly vote democratic because they cant think for themselves....they vote the devil in himself if he wore a D on his chest..

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 04/11/13 - 03:33 pm
If you're black,

the obama administration is a dream. If you believe in self-reliance, a strong military, taking care of our foreign corps of Ambassadors and diplomatic corps ( not clinton and kerry ) and less entitlements for minorities not inclined to work for a living, you are now in the wrong third world nation.

allhans
allhans 04/11/13 - 03:40 pm
It sure makes one wonder why

It sure makes one wonder why progressives are so fond of dictators.
Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea to name three.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/11/13 - 05:51 pm
Sure Ain't

in the world you live in!
(edited)
In response to one no longer available.

KSL
KSL 04/11/13 - 08:57 pm
Yep

I live in SC and I have to admit voting for Lindsey because the alternative was worse, a dem. I would not give LG the time of day at this point. I just hope a conservative with deep pockets can run against him.

Young Fred
Young Fred 04/11/13 - 11:12 pm
I hear you, KSL

I'm sick and tired of flim flam Graham.

He's lets us down so often. But just you watch, come a little while before election time, he'll be leading the charge on all the most conservative issues. Just long enough to get re-elected, only to revert when he has a little “cushion”.

Graham has “Washingtonitus” he's been there too long. He would justify his waffling attitude with a “working the system” excuse. Truth be told, he's gotten just a little too comfortable. He forgot the basics and is now “playing the game”.

KSL
KSL 04/12/13 - 12:15 am
Yes, yf, that is exactly what

Yes, yf, that is exactly what he does. He has done it before. I will this time do my best to reflect our disgust with his close contacts, former neighbors, not that will do any good.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 04/12/13 - 05:14 pm
The loss of life, as always, was terrible

I am not trying to make light of the loss of life, but there has been thousands of lives lost in the current war zones. My point is the embassy was not as well protected as it should have been and I guess all of you conservatives want to know why it was not protected. The ambassador's father told the news media that he did not think his son would have wanted his death to become political. Knowing this statement is true, you conservatives just will not let it go !

Let all of us, liberal and conservative, agree that all war zones and places of instability are not safe for any Americans !

AS A SIDE COMMENT: I WANT TO TELL HUMBLE ANGELA THAT IT IS SO REFRESHING TO SEE A YOUNGER PERSON INTERESTED IN LETTERS TO THE EDITOR !

Darby
Darby 04/12/13 - 10:35 pm
Back in "the day"

when I was neck deep in politics every day and night of my life, I met Graham. Didn't care for him or trust him although he hung tight with two people I did like a lot, Charlie Norwood and Paul Coverdell.

Graham impressed me at the time as a man who could just as easily run as a Democrat as a Republican.

chascushman
chascushman 04/13/13 - 08:14 pm
I would as soon have Greene as Clyburn.

"Still, until a true conservative whips him in a primary, I will have to support him, the alternative being something I'd rather not contemplate given the headcount in the Senate right now."
Darby, the last democrat to run for the senate in SC was Alvin Greene. But then I would as soon have Greene as Clyburn.