We are living at 11:59

My wife and I still are in awe, especially during this Easter season. Along with thousands of other women and men, we received an inspiring and moving message at the “Just Give Me Jesus” revival last September.

Billy Graham’s legacy certainly lives on through his daughter Anne Graham Lotz by reminding us that women were there for Jesus until the very end of Jesus’ life when most of the men were not. The women were the first ones at the site searching for the risen Lord at the Resurrection. Anne reminded us that the Holy Spirit is a person who will neither leave us nor forsake us.

It has been said that the Bible and a car’s owner’s manual are the two least-read books in America. Read these and you will get where you need to go! We don’t read the Bible nearly as much as it reads us!

When Hollywood and politicians in Washington – whose lives are as empty as a church on Monday morning – are trying to tell us how to live our lives, it’s surely good to know that a preacher from North Carolina is telling us what really matters.

I believe we are living at 11:59 and counting! Let’s get ready for the ride of our lives to worlds unknown!

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 04/09/13 - 12:53 am
Don't you want to live out your natural lives first?

I don't think any of us were put here just to wish it all away.

Rhetor
Rhetor 04/09/13 - 04:50 am
Happy Easter

I wish you and yours a happy Easter. I read the Bible regularly, and I find no reason to think that we're at 11:59. I believe that one must misread the Bible pretty seriously to think so. Christianity is a religion of hope, not of fear. Enjoy the season please, and blessings upon you.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/09/13 - 04:59 am
Jon Lester, it's not wishing

Jon Lester, it's not wishing it away....it's wishing for it to begin.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 04/09/13 - 06:22 am
It's 7:22 here.

It's 7:22 here.

karradur
karradur 04/09/13 - 06:45 am
Wasn't there a book/movie about this?

How the Doomsday Clock was at one minute to midnight and a narcissistic billionaire manipulated the faith of humanity by convincing them that a superhuman entity was punishing them for their actions, but in reality, he was the mastermind of their slaughter? "Killing millions to save billions", I think is how he put it?

Do you think that book/movie was trying to tell us something? Gosh, I don't know.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/09/13 - 06:45 am
Grave

From the letter:

. . . The women were the first ones at the site searching for the risen Lord at the Resurrection. . . .

Most Bible scholars postulate that the women were attempting to anoint the body as part of the burial ritual of the period. They had no notion of resurrection

Lee Benedict
Lee Benedict 04/09/13 - 07:42 am
"...I find no reason to think

"...I find no reason to think that we're at 11:59. I believe that one must misread the Bible pretty seriously to think so. Christianity is a religion of hope, not of fear."

I must disagree here. Based on what the Bible tells us will lead up to 12:00...a lot of it has already happened and is happening. To claim that it is 11:59 is not painting Christianity as a religion of fear (if that is indeed what you meant). The Bible was written a few years ago, and in it, are things to watch for that signal we're nearing the end. The end is when Jesus returns and triumphs over evil once and for all. Christ's return is not an indicator that Christianity is a religion of fear.

Just read what the Bible states will be the condition of the world, will be happening, at 11:59. I've read it and it is somewhat difficult to not think it's 11:59.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 04/09/13 - 08:05 am
Matthew 24:44 "Therefore

Matthew 24:44 "Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect". It sounds like some are not expecting Christ ....it must be soon.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/09/13 - 09:06 am
Expecting Christ.....getting

Expecting Christ.....getting Greece.

burninater
burninater 04/09/13 - 11:02 am
Superstitious preachings of

Superstitious preachings of folklore doomsdays are so last century.

ultrarnr
ultrarnr 04/09/13 - 11:24 am
Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/09/13 - 12:51 pm
Not for all

The return of Christ is not doomsday for all. Just for some.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 04/09/13 - 01:19 pm
@LL

That's just what I was thinking. It probably IS a good idea for some of our AC compatriots to experience a little anxiety at the thought of the Parousia.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 04/09/13 - 02:51 pm
The people laughed at Noah

The people laughed at Noah and then it began to rain. The door on the Ark were closed and it continued to rain....we know the rest of the story !

burninater
burninater 04/09/13 - 06:30 pm
It probably IS a good idea

-----
That's where the lines of communication break down. For some compatriots, there is no more anxiety at the thought of the Parousia than there is at the thought of the Martian tripods scourging the Earth. Or at the thought that the Noah myth is literally true.

Perhaps I'll put that on my list of things to worry about, right after Item 23: "When skinny dipping at a forest spring, be wary of Zeus appearing as a woodland creature to ravish you against your will." I ain't birthin' no half-Zeus baby, they always end up getting up to all sorts of nonsense.