Pro-gay letter fell flat

The letter “Gays merely want rights” by John Cashin (Feb. 22) was the lamest attempt to be cool and progressive that I have ever seen.

When did unnatural sex become a civil right? Funk & Wagnalls defines unnatural as “contrary to the laws of nature.” Homosexuality rarely occurs in the natural world because snakes know better, monkeys know better, and birds, fish, lizards and even insects know better.

Mr. Cashin states that gays have no agenda. That is the second-most preposterous statement in his letter. His most ridiculous statement is that no laws have been broken. A Georgia law criminalizes sodomy. Sheriffs’ deputies have a legal obligation to arrest any person they witness engaged in any act of sodomy.

He asks why we don’t write letters protesting rape, murder or incest. The answer? We don’t have to. Society has the good sense to arrest and jail those people.

He says “They just want their rights.” I guess he means civil rights, which are described by Funk & Wagnalls as private and nonpolitical. Do us all a favor and keep your sexual preferences private and nonpolitical.

By one reliable estimate, more than 97 percent of U.S. citizens are heterosexual. Why do we have to cater to the 3 percent? After years of research and billions of dollars spent, geneticists are unable to find a gene that causes people to be homosexual. Until we know that a person can be genetically predisposed to be homosexual, it remains a matter of choice.

Today’s gay rights movement may be the first time in history that such a small group of people have been so vocal, so adamant and so public to promote a sexual activity. The 97 percent have much more important things to attend to, such as God, family, jobs, food, clothes and shelter.

myfather15
myfather15 02/26/13 - 03:01 pm
@writingsonthewall

For rebuttal to your "Sterile" comment, see my previous posts. I've negated that argument many times and don't care to type it all out again. Bottom line is, being sterile is a HEALTH problem. Two PERFECTLY HEALTHY Hetrosexuals CAN naturally procreate.

Can a PERFECTLY HEALHTY gay couple, naturally procreate?

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:01 pm
"I think when you spread the

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

B. Obama

How does that quote support simple taxation? It doesn't....I supports a belief in socialism.

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:02 pm
It doesn't matter if

It doesn't matter if pedophiles are born that way. They're harming children (who by law cannot give informed consent).

So if the law changes, it's ok?

WritingsOnTheWall
WritingsOnTheWall 02/26/13 - 03:04 pm
An amazing number of people

An amazing number of people in this country equate social programs with socialism and that, in their minds, equals communism, or leads directly to communism. Evidently they do not understand that all industrialized nations have social programs. Many of the people who are screaming the loudest and longest against our social programs are, upon checking, the very individuals who are making the most use of those very programs, whether they be government, state, or a combination of both.

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:05 pm
Amazing the number of people

Amazing the number of people who demand answers to questions, get the answer, then refuse to answer the questions that are asked of them.

WritingsOnTheWall
WritingsOnTheWall 02/26/13 - 03:05 pm
"So if the law changes, it's

"So if the law changes, it's ok?"

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:06 pm
"Many of the people who are

"Many of the people who are screaming the loudest and longest against our social programs are, upon checking, the very individuals who are making the most use of those very programs, whether they be government, state, or a combination of both."

Please show us when and where you "checked."

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/26/13 - 03:06 pm
"Why am I supposed to agree

"Why am I supposed to agree to disagree?

Like this is something where there is a reasonable compromise or a middle ground.

That's funny."

Well Karradur, in the adult world, normally when two individuals have opposing views and no amount of discussion will alter the other view, most adults will agree to disagree and move on. No compromise or middle ground needed but your maturity is showing in the fact that you find this funny.

As for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, I fail to see the point you are trying to make.

WritingsOnTheWall
WritingsOnTheWall 02/26/13 - 03:06 pm
Angela I'm not answering the

Angela I'm not answering the majority of your questions because they are right wing fundie drivel. Gays are not pedophiles. I'm a lesbian...I love WOMEN...not children. Any adult who would harm a child deserves punishment. But children legally cannot consent, 99.9% of the public would never agree to change the laws for pedophiles. It's stupid right wing hyperbole that's been proven wrong over and over and over.

It's why the GOP hasn't won an election since 2004.

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:07 pm
"I don't see anyone asking

"I don't see anyone asking for pedophile marriage rights. Nice try though. Hyperbole fail."

Oh really?

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:08 pm
"It's why the GOP hasn't won

"It's why the GOP hasn't won an election since 2004."

Yet another untrue statement....they just keep on rolling in.

WritingsOnTheWall
WritingsOnTheWall 02/26/13 - 03:08 pm
Dear AC Religious

Dear AC Religious Fundies:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16.

Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:08 pm
"But children legally cannot

"But children legally cannot consent, 99.9% of the public would never agree to change the laws for pedophiles."

Where did you get that statistic?.......or did you just make it up?

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/26/13 - 03:09 pm
I would imagine the ones

I would imagine the ones screaming the loudest and longest against our social programs are the ones whose pockets are being robbed to pay for them.

WritingsOnTheWall
WritingsOnTheWall 02/26/13 - 03:10 pm
That blog is about lowering

I'm done. I'm sure you'll think you won...I don't care. Enjoy your hate and bigotry.

WritingsOnTheWall
WritingsOnTheWall 02/26/13 - 03:11 pm
"Where did you get that

"Where did you get that statistic?.......or did you just make it up?"

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:11 pm
My questions are right wing

My questions are right wing drivel? YOU stated that you could give an example of a parent who shot his child by accident for every example of someone who saved someone with a gun.....I gave over 500 examples, and you gave zero. All you did was attack the source of the 500 examples....you didn't refute any of them as untrue.....I suspect that you didn't KNOW that so many people are saved by owning guns, so you once again made up something, hoping no one would call you on it.

WritingsOnTheWall
WritingsOnTheWall 02/26/13 - 03:12 pm
Religion can be used to

Religion can be used to justify any form of bigotry and discrimination.

It's against my religion to provide services to right-wing Christians, but do I get a pass on that? Nope. My religion says it's a sin to drive on the right side of the street and to stop at red lights, do I get a pass on that? Not a chance.

You can concoct a religious belief to bypass any law, and if complete freedom of religion is allowed to prevail, then that is what you'll get.

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:12 pm
"Have you ever seen the

"Have you ever seen the fallout from any criminal case involving crimes against a child?"

Let me try again. Where did you get that statistic?.......or did you just make it up? It seems like a simple question that doesn't have to be answered by a question or diversion.

WritingsOnTheWall
WritingsOnTheWall 02/26/13 - 03:13 pm
It's very simple. Do as you

It's very simple. Do as you choose in your personal life, no discrimination allowed in business transactions, genuine religious (as opposed to businesses, even if affiliated with a church) institutions not forced to act in any way.

Exactly the same way we already handle interracial marriage, remarriage after divorce, or for that matter people who happen to be of a religion you disagree with. Very simple, very OBVIOUSLY simple since it's the same pattern already in place for so much else, impossible, so far as I can see, for anyone to be telling the truth when they claim otherwise.

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:13 pm
"That blog is about lowering

"That blog is about lowering the age of consent not giving pedophiles the right to marry. Jesus Christ! You people are why the rest of the world laughs at us."

OH....so since the blog was about people who simply want to have sex with children, but not marry them, it makes it ok.......I see.

burninater
burninater 02/26/13 - 03:16 pm
Ah WotW, don't let the crotch

Ah WotW, don't let the crotch patrol get you down. This obsession with what other people have in their crotch, and how that crotch anatomy determines what is and is not allowable behavior, is dying a slow death. A shrinking minority of people still haven't outgrown their crotch obsession phase, and you see that here today. Take heart that more and more people, and especially younger generations, have determined that the essence of humanity is in the head and the heart, not the crotch.

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:25 pm
Aw.....Writings got deleted.

Aw.....Writings got deleted. I was enjoying watching her implode in a cloud of logic. That's 2 today that couldn't argue logically without name calling and such.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/26/13 - 03:26 pm
No crotch patrol

No crotch patrol burninater...I think most people will agree even though they don't approve of homosexual behavior, if two males want to have sex or two women want to have sex, it's their buiness. Where the issue comes in is whether they agree that the definition of marriage should be altered to pacify a minority group of people. Like I said before, this isn't really about rights because within a civil union or civil partnership these same sex individuals have the same legal rights as mixed sex individuals. The only difference is the union is classified as a civil union or partnership for same sex couples and the union is classified as marriage between opposite sex couples.

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:26 pm
But don't ya just love how

But don't ya just love how liberals make statements, then expect YOU to back them up for them?

WritingsOnTheWall
WritingsOnTheWall 02/26/13 - 03:27 pm
I notice liberals and other

I notice liberals and other non-GOPers tend to be deleted and censored around here a lot....

Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 03:27 pm
I'd personally like to know

I'd personally like to know why the Government thinks they have any business being involved in marriage of any kind.

WritingsOnTheWall
WritingsOnTheWall 02/26/13 - 03:28 pm
The sin of Sodom is clearly

The sin of Sodom is clearly defined in the Bible...and it is not homosexuality. Just read Ezekiel 16:49-50: "‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen." The ironic thing about this is that most people who claim that the sin of Sodom was homosexuality are really the committing the sin of being inhospitable to their gay and lesbian neighbors.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/26/13 - 03:29 pm
Who knows, next homosexual

Who knows, next homosexual couples will want to be referred to as heterosexuals because they'll feel they are not equal.

myfather15
myfather15 02/26/13 - 03:29 pm
Yes, Angela I do love it.

Because they can't back up their own rhetoric, they just like to spout off and EXPECT people to blindly believe them. BLIND SHEEP and we have FAR to many of them in this world, which is why we are losing the battles. That and the fact that liberal "educational institutions" are indoctrinating the youth to believe as they do. Lying and saying their side is the only way to diversity.