Pro-gay letter fell flat

The letter “Gays merely want rights” by John Cashin (Feb. 22) was the lamest attempt to be cool and progressive that I have ever seen.

When did unnatural sex become a civil right? Funk & Wagnalls defines unnatural as “contrary to the laws of nature.” Homosexuality rarely occurs in the natural world because snakes know better, monkeys know better, and birds, fish, lizards and even insects know better.

Mr. Cashin states that gays have no agenda. That is the second-most preposterous statement in his letter. His most ridiculous statement is that no laws have been broken. A Georgia law criminalizes sodomy. Sheriffs’ deputies have a legal obligation to arrest any person they witness engaged in any act of sodomy.

He asks why we don’t write letters protesting rape, murder or incest. The answer? We don’t have to. Society has the good sense to arrest and jail those people.

He says “They just want their rights.” I guess he means civil rights, which are described by Funk & Wagnalls as private and nonpolitical. Do us all a favor and keep your sexual preferences private and nonpolitical.

By one reliable estimate, more than 97 percent of U.S. citizens are heterosexual. Why do we have to cater to the 3 percent? After years of research and billions of dollars spent, geneticists are unable to find a gene that causes people to be homosexual. Until we know that a person can be genetically predisposed to be homosexual, it remains a matter of choice.

Today’s gay rights movement may be the first time in history that such a small group of people have been so vocal, so adamant and so public to promote a sexual activity. The 97 percent have much more important things to attend to, such as God, family, jobs, food, clothes and shelter.

myfather15
myfather15 02/26/13 - 08:51 am
Valkyrie, Valkyrie, Valkyrie.....

Please read my statement again. Being infertile is a HEALTH ISSUE, not an issue of being born a certain gender, uncapable of procreating with someone of the same gender, which is dictated by NATURE.

Notice in my earlier statement, I used the words PERFECTLY HEALTHY, which would negate your infertile argument. A PERFECTLY HEALTHY male and female (OF ANY RACE) can procreate, but a PERFECTLY HEALTHY male and male, CAN NOT. Neither can a PERFECTLY HEALTHY female and female.

You can't beat this argument, so please just go back to attacking the messenger and giving thumbs down; instead of distorting what I've said.

Or, try to explain to everyone how homosexuality is sooooooo natural, yet is denied by nature the ability to CREATE NEW LIFE.

Pal
Pal 02/26/13 - 08:54 am
AugAtheist

has to be a plant. You're doing your side no favors, which must be your intention. Gotta get to work. May everyone have a blessed day.

AugustaAtheist
AugustaAtheist 02/26/13 - 08:56 am
myfather15 = Homophobic IDIOT

You don't get to set the rules of why and how people get married. You can argue the "procreation" BS all you want to. It really doesn't change the fact that in many countries and several states gay folks have legals marriages. Just as legal as any heterosexual "breeders" ( thats what we cll them you know). I personally like folks who "procreate". They are the ones that make all the cute men I've dated. Keep up the good work y'all!

AugustaAtheist
AugustaAtheist 02/26/13 - 08:59 am
Sorry Pal

has to be a plant. You're doing your side no favors, which must be your intention. pal

Sorry pal, but I'm just standing up for my rights. Frightening isn't it when you can't bully someone to be quiet by using 1950's mores, the bible or other such nonsense. I don't need a " blessed day". ALl I need is the opportunity not to be hindered by your bigotry.

myfather15
myfather15 02/26/13 - 09:02 am
Wow, bringing out the serious

Wow, bringing out the serious name calling!! Now, I certainly could get that post removed by reporting it, but the fact is I've got thick skin. I've been called much worse in my 16 years of law enforcement. I've never reported anyone for attacking me personally on here and won't today either. Because it actually helps my argument, for you to show your deep hatred for other people. I haven't been hateful at all on here and I'm still not.

You want to attack me viciously? Then Do so, because you can't beat the argument that, if nothing else, NATURE has dictated that homosexual lifestyles are NOT NATURAL at all, but very unnatural indeed. Me and my wife have the ability to create something FAR more important than just LOVE and emotions, we have the ablitiy to create the MIRACLE that is life, helping to CONTINUE the species. Do homosexuals have this same ability? Something FAR greater than just individual love for each other? Sorry, but NO they don't. So, in MY MIND, that settles the argument. NATURE says they aren't natural. So, as a society, it shouldn't be LEGISLATED as legal, when its against nature.

But, as EVERYONE is able to do NOW; they can continue to love each other, live together and have a happy life together. IF they are to answer for their lifestyle one day, thats between them and their creator. I harbor no hard feeling towards ANY of them, and have several friends who are openly gay (I know that shocks some). But as a society, we should not legalize something that is so unnatural.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 09:07 am
"myfather15 = Homophobic.......

"myfather15 = Homophobic IDIOT"

"......you can't bully someone to be quiet...."

"Can you say HYPOCRITES?"

All posted by the same person.....hard to believe, isn't it.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 09:12 am
Homosexuality occurs in

Homosexuality occurs in nature therefore it's ok? Really? Murder occurs in nature. Cannibalism occurs in nature. Pedophilia occurs in nature. Bullying occurs in nature.

myfather15
myfather15 02/26/13 - 09:09 am
@Augustaathiest

Please point out exactly where I used the Bible in my argument. Hhhmmmm, can't find it? Thats because it isn't there. Thats what upsets you so much isn't it? Because I didn't use scripture, which people DO NOT have to follow. I used the FACT of nature, and this is something you can't refute. Which is why I, in particular, have gotten under your skin. You have an argument against religion, because you DO NOT have to follow any particular religion. But you can't deny NATURE because WE ALL have to follow NATURE, it's unavoidable.

Now, since you can't negate this argument, I'll expect more name calling coming my way, very soon.

AugustaAtheist
AugustaAtheist 02/26/13 - 09:10 am
myfather15 enforce the law sugarpants!

So you are one of those law enforcement types with a less than averag IQ huh? So when the Supreme Court rules gay marriage legal ar you going to help enforce that? The fact that you found a woman to lay up with and make a tard child with is no special treat, even roaches reproduce. Marriage is about more than that nit-wit. Get over the procreation gig, it's a one trick pony when all you have is a mule of a wife to ride it on.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/26/13 - 09:11 am
You can count on it,

You can count on it, Myfather15

AugustaAtheist
AugustaAtheist 02/26/13 - 09:12 am
Humble Angela - HOMELY angela

You really are a stupid bigoted #itch. Grow up madam!

myfather15
myfather15 02/26/13 - 09:16 am
The old argument "They do it,

The old argument "They do it, so why don't we?" Seriously??? This is the best you can come up with?

This is the argument CHILDREN come up with, while talking to their parents; "Little Johnny did it, so why can't I?"

Didn't your momma ever say to you "If little Johnny jumps off a cliff, are you going to jump off it?"

Just another typical argument of pointing to bad behavior, to justify bad behavior. Hhhhmmm, I'll be waiting from something better.

AugustaAtheist
AugustaAtheist 02/26/13 - 09:16 am
myfather15 is a BIGOT

Hey homophobic PIG. If your micro-phallus is as small as your brain, you had a very hard time getting your dog-of-a-wife knocked up ( I'm sure she TOLD you it was yours LOL). No wonder you are so wound up on procreation. Funny, ignorant, backwoods Barney-Fife wannabe.

myfather15
myfather15 02/26/13 - 09:19 am
Well, all of Augustaathiests

Well, all of Augustaathiests posts are gone. I'm curious if they were self removed, because I didn't report them. I enjoyed watching whoever they are implode.

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/26/13 - 09:20 am
ut oh

Looks like Mr. Moores is in the house. Dang.

AugustaAtheist
AugustaAtheist 02/26/13 - 09:23 am
myfather15 don't worry

You see, I have no need to type ALL IN CAPS like YOU are wont to do. No implosion here. I'm just not going to sit back and let a fool like you blather grade school ignorance without a retort. Aren't you late for the donut shop lard [filtered word]?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/26/13 - 09:26 am
Augustaathiest

I just want to let you know, I used the "Flag for review" for the first time!
Glad to see the jury returned a verdict!

myfather15
myfather15 02/26/13 - 09:32 am
Darn George, now I don't have

Darn George, now I don't have anyone to argue with. Myfather15=twiddling fingers, whistling and watching paint dry. lol

justthefacts
justthefacts 02/26/13 - 09:32 am
CG

Shoot CG, why'd you do that? He was getting killed softly.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/26/13 - 09:41 am
Sorry Folks

I was getting to a point of tearing a new a.... without any PC and I would have been the one to disappear.

kmb413
kmb413 02/26/13 - 09:56 am
Valkryie

I always have believed in survival of the fittest. Unfortunately modern medicine now makes it difficult to weed out the bad gene pool. If there is/was a gay gene, eventually it would be gone.

Myfather is correct when stating perfectly healthy.

myfather15
myfather15 02/26/13 - 10:10 am
@George

I understand, he attack me personally; yes, I started to feel my blood boil a little, but I'v learned to control that and stay on point. I THINK I was doing pretty good at debating them and by their pure anger, I think I was winning. But now the thread has gone quiet, lol.

I would have went after Mr. Swimmer but his post was to ridiculous and long to debate. He twisted scripture more than good ol Lucifer himself when he "quoted" scripture to Christ on the mount. He also has absolutely zero knowledge of scripture and it's meaning but it would take way to long to debate each point and scripture he used.

But just on the first scripture alone he proved himself unknowledgable. When speaking of swine and shellfish, the scripture says it's an abomination to YOU, not to HIM. Meaning its not very healthy to eat and CAN cause sickness and health issues. It doesn't mean its a sin you're possibly going to hell for. There is a big difference in sins against the flesh, and sins againt the soul. God gave us rules to keep these bodies healthy, if we choose to ignore them, it's not His fault. But Yes, shrimp and pork tastes very good; shrimp is one of my favorite foods and I like some ribs and pork chops as well, but IF I choose to eat it, I won't blame God if I get food poisoning or sickness. This actually happened to me a couple years ago on Christmas Eve.

I was on duty and had a wonderful dinner at a local BBQ place. Some of the best ribs your mouth can ever eat. But a couple hours later, we got a call to a drunk driver, driving down the road on JUST rims. He had been driving so long on flat tires, the tires had came off and he was still driving on rims. He was extremely drunk and myself and another deputy had him stopped. The other deputy was doing field sobriety and all of a sudden I became EXTREMELY nauseated. I began puking EVERWHERE. It was like the exorcist, I promise you. I was on the side of the road puking furiously and the drunk said to my partner "Dang, he is drunker than me." Later on, while talking about it, it's hilarious. But I had to go to the local ER that night and they said I had food poisoning. Just thought I would share that funny story. But it also relates somewhat, I CHOOSE to eat swine and got sick; wasn't God's fault, He told me not to eat it. It was my fault, but it was goooooooood going down, not so good coming up.

Point is, pay close attention to certain words. There is a big difference something being an abomination to HIM, and something being an abomination to YOU.

JRC2024
JRC2024 02/26/13 - 10:13 am
i got here too late to see

i got here too late to see AA'S posts. I guess he did not like rational reasoning or true facts about procreation from what I read from MyFather15's posts. Too bad the truth upsets him so. I like shrimp and lobster but what does that have to do with a man and a man or a woman and a woman. I fail to see the point.

Valkyrie1
Valkyrie1 02/26/13 - 10:32 am
What I don't understand

is why, just because you think homosexuality is unnatural, that automatically equates to illegal? I understand that some people abhor it from a religious stand point, that is fine with me. If that is your moral compass by all means don't go marry someone of the same sex. How does it hurt anyone for homosexuals to get married? A real answer please because frankly heterosexuals destroyed the sanctity of marriage long ago. We are creating a sub-class of citizens because we don't agree with their "choices". (I don't believe it is a choice but also don't believe legally that it matters whether it is or not.)As a citizen I find that disturbing and a dangerous precedent. What happened to live and let live? Attend to your home, your family, and your beliefs and allow others to do the same.

myfather15
myfather15 02/26/13 - 10:37 am
In Scripture, many times

In Scripture, many times changing a single word can change the entire meaning. Especially when the scripture WE READ is already a translation from another language. There are already MANY mistranslations and transliterations, so we don't do ourselves favors when we misquote. But the left INTENTIONALLY misquotes, to further their godless agenda. Actually using scripture to denounce God. But it shouldn't come as any surprise, for Satan himself used scripture to tempt Christ.

Thats the thing about God's Word. When you have a working knowledge of God's word, it tells us EVERYTHING they will use against us. Therefore it's no surprise when they use their little tricks to confuse people. The only people that can be confused are those ignorant of God's Word. Unfortunately, there are far to many people in this world that fall into that category.

In any aspect of life, when you are forewarned of what might be used against you, you can prepare for it. Think about this; in war, if the enemy announced all their strategies, movements, ect. They would be making themselves susceptible for defeat. No difference here, we KNOW they will be defeated, without us lifting a finger, we just have to remain strong and continue to be WATCHMEN and witness.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/26/13 - 10:37 am
Luckily a phone call and

Luckily a phone call and other duties took me away from this thread cause I would have probably landed in the same category as CG talked about. JRC, shrimp and lobster had nothing to do with this post other than the fact that SteveSwimmer try to make a post relating the two and failed.

I have no issue with someone discussing differences of opinion but when it becomes nasty and personal, it goes from being a discussion to being nonproductive.

Valkyrie1
Valkyrie1 02/26/13 - 10:38 am
Myfather person

I've never thumbs downed anyone. Just because I don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean you don't have the right to have it. Nor have I been obnoxious to you or anyone else so please tone it down a bit.

Since when is marriage about procreation? Who cares if a couple can procreate? Why is that our business or that of the governments? I don't remember when I married my husband ever being asked if we were able to, or intended to procreate. All I was asked was my parents names, birth dates, and birth places, and my own vital information. So using procreation ability for voting criteria when it doesn't have anything to do with marriage is just silly. The procreation argument has no validity when it comes to the legality of gay marriage.

Valkyrie1
Valkyrie1 02/26/13 - 10:46 am
Myfather person

Also, the initial argument in the article was that it didn't occur in nature. I merely pointed out the fact that it does.

Valkyrie1
Valkyrie1 02/26/13 - 10:40 am
Angela

Murder, cannibalism, pedophilia, and bullying all cause harm to others. How does homosexuality remotely fit in that category?

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 02/26/13 - 10:46 am
SteveSwimmer

You have made so many absurd statements with regards to Holy scripture it would take a year long Bible study to correct you. I don't think you have any interest in learning what God's word says but for the benefit of some who would like to know I will post a few statements. If you take the Bible out of context you can get it to say almost anything you want.

When reading the books of the Law remember:

The Ceremonial Law ended when Jesus (our high priest) came and sacrificed Himself for us. No more need for Animal Sacrifices and all of the ceremony that the priest had to follow regarding cleansing etc. This Law was for Israel not others.

Dietary Law was done away with in Mark 17:9 and other new testament scripture ( all food are clean) the issue is no longer external ie. what you put on or in your body but what is in your heart. This law was for Israel not others.

The Moral Law has not been changed. It is for all time and for all people. The Moral law was perpetually binding upon all people such as murder, adultery, worship of the one true God etc.

Commissioners seek attorney general's opinion on SPLOST

Two Augusta commissioners are seeking an opinion from Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens on the city's disbursement of sales tax proceeds to non-profits.