Gays merely want rights

Regarding Brian Green’s Feb. 14 letter “Homosexuality politicized”:

He wrote of weak politicians compromising their morals to allow provocative homosexuals to infiltrate and compromise organizations such as the Boy Scouts of America. He argued this would wound the moral fabric of our society, and he urged other heterosexual men to stand up for what is right and to fight this homosexual assault.

As a proud father, husband and a member of the heterosexual majority of this country that supports rights for all Americans, I would like to explain exactly why I would not stand with Mr. Green but against him.

He and others have elevated the sinful status of homosexuality to something beyond adultery, incest, rape or murder. Where are the letters demanding we defend our children from adulterers? Where is the outrage for heterosexuals who have left their wives for younger girls and abandoned their children?

Where are the demands to keep out of the Scout troops those who made a vow before God to be faithful but chose instead lust and deviance? Why is it that a man who has been convicted of raping his own children is allowed to remarry in any state in the country? Call homosexuality a sin, but remember: There are many others sinners who have the same rights as you and I.

I also find Mr. Green’s assertions that homosexuals are forcing their “preference” on others and demanding special treatment to be absurd. Americans are demanding their equal rights – that’s all. They don’t care if you know they’re gay; they just want to have the same rights you do. They have no agenda; they are just like you, but they prefer their own sex. That’s all.

Finally, the false idea that being homosexual is a choice is simply a red herring. If no laws have been broken, how do genetics or choice affect the argument for equal rights? If two grown men choose to live together, they should be allowed to. If they choose to be Scoutmasters, they should be allowed. Pedophiles – often married to the opposite sex – and those who protect them in the name of preserving the dignity of their institution have broken the law. They should be prosecuted, and they should be the object of Mr. Green’s derision.

There is no infiltration. There is no conspiracy of gays. There are only sound-minded men and women demanding equal rights for all law-abiding Americans.

John Cashin

Augusta

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 07:19 pm
Wow, there was some study,

Wow, there was some study, now, THAT changes everything.

myfather15
myfather15 02/22/13 - 07:27 pm
Now, one of the researchers

Now, one of the researchers "Stacy" said; "There is very little research on the children of gay men, so Stacey and Biblarz couldn't draw conclusions on those families. But Stacey suspects that gay men "will be the best parents on average," she said."

This is exactly how ludacris the left thinkers are. In their own words, there isn't enough research on the children of gay men, to draw a conclusion BUT Good ol Stacy SUSPECTS gay men will be the "Best parents" on average. Geeeezzzzz, I think my mind is going to explode.

myfather15
myfather15 02/22/13 - 07:32 pm
Wow, please read that entire

Wow, please read that entire article I just posted. Even the liberals admitting the various problems with gay parenting, such as one mother being biological and the other not (of course because it's impossible for both to be biological) can cause problems because one "Mommy" will feel closer to the child than the other "Mommy".

Yes sir ree bob, that sure sounds a lot better than having two biological parents whose DNA both make up that child. But please, don't let me confuse liberals with my common sense redneckism.

harley_52
harley_52 02/22/13 - 07:38 pm
Pretty Much What I Thought...

No data, no methodology, no "research."

In other words hearsay published on a left-wing website pushing the left-wing agenda.

Forgive me for remaining more than a little skeptical.

harley_52
harley_52 02/22/13 - 07:47 pm
"I, too, reject any study...

...that is inconsistent with what I believe to be true. It's not credible."

My opinions are based in common sense and have been affirmed through over sixty years of observation, reading, and personal experience. I haven't conducted (or read) any credible research on the issue, but I have some anecdotal evidence it's not true.

Only a fool would accept as valid a "study" appearing from a notoriously biased source about which no information is provided beyond the supposed opinions of people who claim to be familiar with the "data."

lovingthesouth72
lovingthesouth72 02/22/13 - 07:47 pm
Not exactly -

Considering how aggressive the homosexual lobby has been in attacking any and all who state the facts about their lifestyle, it is obvious that they do not JUST want rights. They won't desist until the whole of society is forced to accept this unnatural sexual lifestyle. They demand the Boy Scouts allow homosexual leaders in their organization and deny the scientific fact that 80% of pedophiles are actively homosexual men. They demand the church and society redefine marriage and disregard the fact that God's law is pretty clear on the immorality of the homosexual act. They want to deny that men with homosexual tendencies have an average life span of 45 years old due to the aggressiveness in behavior and AIDS incidents. They want to criminalize any professional who helps men overcome and be free from the homosexual lifestyle and live a normal manly life. If we are honest with ourselves we will see that deep down inside we all know that a man having sex with another man is not normal nor rational behavior. It is a deviation from how nature has created men and women to be, and a deviation from what sex actually is. Homosexuality is a psychological illness, it's causes are many and complex, and we do no one a favor by forcing all to accept it as normal. Let's not forget that the APA "voted" to remove homosexuality from deviant behavior, not based on scientific facts, but based on pressure. That vote in reality has no validity. It breaks my heart to see so many people deceived by this issue. If you see someone drowning in a puddle of excrement, even if they are happy and having a grand time, do you leave them in the puddle, or do you do all you can to get them out? Out of love, you get them out, no matter how much the cost. We love them, therefore we need to teach them the truth about who they are as men and women - That is the real right they have!!! To know the truth and to be free from such a lifestyle. I pray that all men and women affected by homosexual attractions may come to know the truth of who they are as real men and women and not continue to be deceived and lied to by the homosexual lobby.

yesthatjohn
yesthatjohn 02/22/13 - 08:37 pm
Young Fred

Young Fred - "I was not aware of a scout unit that allowed a known rapist (a rapist of his own children no doubt) to be a scout master."

I am sorry you are unaware of the scandal the BSA has been involved in, it was one of the primary reason I wrote my letter. From 1999 to 2008 they failed to report alleged abuse and allowed people like Minneapolis scoutmaster Peter Stibal II to continue hurting children. He is currently serving 21 years in prison for molestation. He and others were allowed to continue as scoutmasters by the BSA because they were more concerned about protecting their image than protecting their children.

harley_52
harley_52 02/22/13 - 08:47 pm
" He and others were allowed to continue....

.... as scoutmasters by the BSA because they were more concerned about protecting their image than protecting their children."

Change the word "scoutmasters" to "priests" and you've got another example of predatory homosexuals being protected by a trusted institution that was actually part of the problem, not the solution.

myfather15
myfather15 02/22/13 - 08:51 pm
@yesthatjohn

Is that somehow rationalization to FORCE this private organization into accepting people who openly live a lifestyle they disapprove of?

So, a private organization has had scandal and INDIVIDUALS (as many as there may be) committing disgusting acts, for which those individuals should be incarcerated for; is this something new?

How many scandals have our elected representatives in government been involved in? How many have "Churches" been involved in, Catholic and Protestant? So, is this some sort of new revelation, that MEN and their actions are deplorable and scandalous?

How many times must I say this? There is NO ONE more critical of pastors, preachers, self-titled prophets, righteous men, THAN GOD HIMSELF. There are too many scriptures to list, even to begin to show you.

Here are a few questions;

How many scandals has God Himself been involved in? NONE

Abraham Lincoln is considered the greatest President and MEN of all times by many, including myself; he was extremely spiritual and was a Christian BUT which Church did he attend? None, since he was a small boy.

Which Church did Christ attend? There were MANY available at that time, which one did He choose? The answer is NONE. He taught whenever and where ever; the streets, the forrest, the wilderness, on mountains, ANYWHERE.

If there is a lesson to learn it is to stop placing your trust in MEN and begin a new relationship with Him. MEN are always failing and doing immoral acts. Does that mean as a society we need to recognize those acts as normal and decent? Pointing to one wrong, doesn't make another wrong, right.

The BSA is still a private organization that should NEVER be forced to openly accept a lifestyle they don't approve of. Even if they do need to clean house on other aspects, those are unrelated issues. Just like Chruches shouldn't HAVE to accept those lifestyles. If those "Churches" chose to, thats a completely different story. Just as the Episcopal church has chose to marry gay couples, you don't see Christians of all faiths picketting their doors on Sundays, we just CHOOSE not to attend such a church. Why can't gays just CHOOSE not to attend a private organization that doesn't approve of them? Because it isn't about RIGHTS, it's about FORCING DRAMATIC CHANGE to this Country.

yesthatjohn
yesthatjohn 02/22/13 - 08:57 pm
I never made any mention of

I never made any mention of forcing the BSA or any other private organization to do anything.

WalterBradfordCannon
WalterBradfordCannon 02/22/13 - 09:07 pm
@myfather15, when gay couples

@myfather15, when gay couples have children, they can use some of the same means as heterosexual couples. Means like artificial insemination, or in vitro fertilization. I still think your argument is open. There are plenty of heterosexual couples in which one of the two people is infertile for biological reasons. Should they be denied the same rights as people who once had the potential to have a child in a heterosexual relationship. What about people who use C-sections. Are they still natural enough for you?

The studies on lesbian parenting are really clear. On the whole, their kids end up better adjusted and with fewer social problems than kids of heterosexual couples. The reasons are pretty simple too. Every child is planned, and there is no such thing as a shotgun marriage in the homosexual world.

myfather15
myfather15 02/22/13 - 10:21 pm
@Mr. Cannon

I like those words you use such as ARTIFICIAL insemination. Yes, hetrosexuals use these, when there are HEALTH problems, not because they were born choosing a lifestyle that prevents them from ever naturally procreating.

I would also bet that with a lesbian relationship, the in vitro fertilization, the sperm didn't come from another woman, but a MAN. Also, with a gay relationship between men, well that goes without saying.

The difference is, IF a man and woman are both completely HEALTHY, they have no problems with natural procreation. As me and my wife have been luckey enough to produce 4 children, including twins, when she has endometriosis and only one ovary, without ANY help at all. Now, what about two completely healthy people in a gay relationship? What are they capable of doing NATURALLY, if healthy?

C-section? A surgery to remove a child from the womb isn't even relevent to this conversation. Unless I want to point out again that a homosexual woman would never have to have one, without a MANS help.

Then you state; "The studies on lesbian parenting are really clear. On the whole, their kids end up BETTER adjusted and with fewer social problems than kids of heterosexual couples."

Well, thats NOT what the study I just PROVIDED said. I ask again; would you care to provide this "Study" your referencing? Or are you just sticking to liberal talking points of "repeat it enough and people will believe it."

The study I just provide you, from a very liberal website, said they are on par with hetrosexual couples, with NO MENTION of them being better on social behavior or criminal behavior, which you mentioned earlier. Again, care to provide me some resources? I'll read them, I have no problem studying on my own, even things I disagree with.

myfather15
myfather15 02/22/13 - 10:30 pm
Also, you keep mentioning

Also, you keep mentioning denying them "Rights". What rights am I denying them? The "Right" to get married? Last time I checked, that isn't a right, but State laws. Also, gay people have every single "Right" of marriage as any other human being on earth. They aren't discriminated against any more than me or any other human being. The right to marry is across the board. There isn't a single State in the Union that forbids a gay person from marrying, they just can't marry a person of the same sex. But I guess that doesn't make sense to you, right? I'm saying there is no laws that apply to them, that doesn't apply to EVERYONE.

But of course, I'm sure you believe I'm discriminating against them because I don't want them to marry. Oh well, I couldn't care less what you think of me. The fact is, I couldn't care less who ANYONE loves, lives with or shares their life with. That is their business and if they are to answer for that lifestyle, they will answer to God and God alone, not me or any other human being. But I will never accept it as "normal" and vote for it to be legalized; at least until I see a homosexual couples naturally procreate with each other. Then I will stand with you at the ballot box and cast my vote. But that is NOT going to happen, you and I both know it; because it's against the laws of NATURE.

carcraft
carcraft 02/22/13 - 10:52 pm
Good job myfather15

Good job myfather15

duffstuff
duffstuff 02/23/13 - 06:33 am
do any of yall have gay friends?

To everyone on here who has pretty much disagreed with everything I've said like Willow Baily, Myfather15, etc...I just have one more question I'm curious about?

How many gay people do you know on a personal level? Do any of yall have any close friends or family members that are gay? I just would like to know how connected or disconnected yall are to this issue from a humanistic standpoint? Again I'm not asking anyone to change their religious stance in any way, I simply want to know if you've taken the time to be friends with any gay folks, and how well you understand them as people?