Gays merely want rights

Regarding Brian Green’s Feb. 14 letter “Homosexuality politicized”:

He wrote of weak politicians compromising their morals to allow provocative homosexuals to infiltrate and compromise organizations such as the Boy Scouts of America. He argued this would wound the moral fabric of our society, and he urged other heterosexual men to stand up for what is right and to fight this homosexual assault.

As a proud father, husband and a member of the heterosexual majority of this country that supports rights for all Americans, I would like to explain exactly why I would not stand with Mr. Green but against him.

He and others have elevated the sinful status of homosexuality to something beyond adultery, incest, rape or murder. Where are the letters demanding we defend our children from adulterers? Where is the outrage for heterosexuals who have left their wives for younger girls and abandoned their children?

Where are the demands to keep out of the Scout troops those who made a vow before God to be faithful but chose instead lust and deviance? Why is it that a man who has been convicted of raping his own children is allowed to remarry in any state in the country? Call homosexuality a sin, but remember: There are many others sinners who have the same rights as you and I.

I also find Mr. Green’s assertions that homosexuals are forcing their “preference” on others and demanding special treatment to be absurd. Americans are demanding their equal rights – that’s all. They don’t care if you know they’re gay; they just want to have the same rights you do. They have no agenda; they are just like you, but they prefer their own sex. That’s all.

Finally, the false idea that being homosexual is a choice is simply a red herring. If no laws have been broken, how do genetics or choice affect the argument for equal rights? If two grown men choose to live together, they should be allowed to. If they choose to be Scoutmasters, they should be allowed. Pedophiles – often married to the opposite sex – and those who protect them in the name of preserving the dignity of their institution have broken the law. They should be prosecuted, and they should be the object of Mr. Green’s derision.

There is no infiltration. There is no conspiracy of gays. There are only sound-minded men and women demanding equal rights for all law-abiding Americans.

John Cashin

Augusta

harley_52
22064
harley_52 02/22/13 - 10:43 am
"...well, there was that time he kissed Judas....

.......And the "disciple whom Jesus loved" is commonly thought to be John the Apostle."

Are you trying to make the point that "kissing" and "loving" necessarily means "having sex with?" It sure appears that way. Are you suggesting Jesus was a homosexual?

Or what?

karradur
karradur 02/22/13 - 10:46 am
"Are you suggesting Jesus was

"Are you suggesting Jesus was a homosexual?"

I wouldn't be the first to do so.

It's okay, your paradigms will heal in time.

harley_52
22064
harley_52 02/22/13 - 10:52 am
"I wouldn't be the first to do so."

You're probably right about that.

But, if you pulled the pin on a grenade and stuck it in your pocket, you wouldn't be the first to do that either.

carcraft
carcraft 02/22/13 - 11:02 am
Over Sexualization

I find that homosexuals tend to sexualize every thing.
When you talk about scripture if love is mentioned it must be sexual . David loved Jonathan so of course it was a homosexual relationship. Jesus kissed the disciple he loved so it was a homosexual relationship. Now I watched a documentary on a battle in Iraq. a soldier was wounded and laying half in and half out of a bathroom. The wounded soldier was exposed to enemy fire. A medic ran and shielded the wounded soldier with his body. When ask about it later the medic said the oposite of fear is not courage but love. Gee the two must have been homosexuals because love was mentioned and they were of the same sex correct?

karradur
karradur 02/22/13 - 11:04 am
Maybe they should give

Maybe they should give homosexuals separate entrances, drinking fountains, and lunch counters, too.

Better yet, put them in camps so they can't spread the disease.

They're obviously inferior people.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 11:09 am
It's almost impossible for a

It's almost impossible for a non-believer and a believer to have any meaningful conversation about anything important because there is no foundation for the discussion.

harley_52
22064
harley_52 02/22/13 - 11:11 am
"It's almost impossible....

....for a non-believer and a believer to have any meaningful conversation about anything important because there is no foundation for the discussion."

You expect people to believe that?

karradur
karradur 02/22/13 - 11:16 am
I always wonder how people

I wonder what part of the plan includes young kids committing suicide from bullying. That sure is morbid, kids not only wanting to be homosexual but also be dead.

harley_52
22064
harley_52 02/22/13 - 11:23 am
"They're obviously inferior people."

I think you could probably get some scientific support for that theory, but I don't think it's been proven.

Young Fred
Young Fred 02/22/13 - 11:23 am
Karradur, What came first the

Karradur,

What came first the chicken or the egg?

I’m not sure who of the commentators became the most “dismissive” first in this discussion, but I can tell you when you start making comments about “separate entrances, drinking fountains, etc” you’re projecting an argument never made.

Ya see, I’d call that kind of an argument a “cop out” and can only chuckle at one who would make such an argument on one hand while accusing others of “blind stupidity” on the other hand.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 11:24 am
@harley, "You expect people

@harley, "You expect people to believe that?"

It depends on which side of the fence you stand on, but whether it is believed or not; it is the truth.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/22/13 - 11:33 am
karradur "I always wonder how

karradur "I always wonder how people who think homosexuality is a choice interact with homosexuals in their daily lives. It must be rough to be convinced that their coworker, the restaurant waiter, the mail carrier, and their child are part of a vast global conspiracy to advance a sinister agenda to end procreation."

Wow, talking about a wild goose chase. Who said anything about a vast global conspiracy to advance a sinster agenda to end procreation.

harley_52
22064
harley_52 02/22/13 - 11:31 am
" It must be rough...

....to be convinced that their coworker, the restaurant waiter, the mail carrier, and their child are part of a vast global conspiracy to advance a sinister agenda to end procreation."

I really don't think most people view it that way. Well, maybe for the militant, in-your-face homosexual activists, but not the every day, otherwise normal types. I think American society is generally accepting of those who don't outwardly flaunt their "sexuality" in the faces of the general population. Nobody really cares what they do in the privacy of their own homes.

It's when they start demanding special treatment, unique privileges, or the right to indoctrinate the children of straight people that those straight people start to push back.

harley_52
22064
harley_52 02/22/13 - 11:32 am
Willow...

It was a failed attempt at humor.

Sorry.

karradur
karradur 02/22/13 - 11:33 am
How exactly do you propose

How exactly do you propose that an individual "chooses" to be gay?

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 11:40 am
Karradur, there is plenty

Karradur, there is plenty said about all of the sins in the Bible. The Bible is The Word of our Holy God. God and Jesus are ONE. Jesus is God, in the flesh, was with God from the beginning.

"He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." John 1:2-3

To me, the scout issue is this: no parent who believes God (and some who don't) wants anyone leading or influencing their children in the way of sin.

I'm sure there have been plenty of people leading the scouts from the entire array of sinners, but to my knowledge, none that endorse their own sins as to be the right way of living.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 02/22/13 - 11:41 am
I believe in the traditional

I believe in the traditional biblical marriage:
One man and his sister
one man and his dead brother's wife
one man and one woman and her servants
one man and his rape victim
one man and many women
one man and 700 women and 300 concubines
one man and one woman and her slaves
one soldier and his virgin prisoners

Just not one man and one man. THAT would be immoral

karradur
karradur 02/22/13 - 11:43 am
That didn't really answer my

That didn't really answer my question.

georgepeters
georgepeters 02/22/13 - 11:44 am
Young Fred. The bible lists

Young Fred. The bible lists all the things you quoted as sin, and most of us treat them with disgust, and as something not acceptable, but actions of another we have no control over. Why would we want to lift homosexuality to be accepted as a normal state just because of the other matters you listed as unacceptable. With your reasoning, when will the man loves boys movement demand to be accepted as a normal and legal action, and many other actions that are wrong, but we want to make right for our own satisfaction. Why would we ever charge anyone with rape, since these are just natural urges that we are born with? Just because something is legal does not make it right and for lawmakers to intervene to force people to accept it. If I knew you, I would afford you all the respect you deserved, just as I would anyone else, without regard to your sexual orientation .

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 11:49 am
karradur, we are ALL born as

karradur, we are ALL born as sinners. We have a sinful nature and it definitely appeals to us; especially when we are empty and hurting.
None of us can turn from our sins on our own; PARTICULARLY IF it has a stronghold on us.

Specifically to the sin of homosexuality...will there be homosexuals in heaven? This is the same question of..will there be sinners in heaven?
YES, I believe there will be...REDEEMED ones; perhaps STILL STRUGGLING, but REDEEMED, none the less.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 11:51 am
karradur, again.... Would you

karradur, again.... Would you want me to teach your 9 year old daughter, that being an adulterous wife is the right way to live?

karradur
karradur 02/22/13 - 11:52 am
Wait a moment. If they're in

Wait a moment.

Unless they're born that way... wait a minute!

Young Fred
Young Fred 02/22/13 - 11:53 am
georgepeters, I think you've

georgepeters, I think you've got me mixed up with another.

harley_52 - I wouldn't call it a "failed" attempt at humor - I thought it was pretty dang funny!

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/22/13 - 11:54 am
GiantsAllDay, I'm afriad that

Jane18
Jane18 02/22/13 - 12:00 pm
karradur @7:25am

"storm coming"....Oh Yeah, but not what you think! Thank you SHEFF, I was going to remind the "tester, trier, and tempter" of JESUS' words about not changing The Law, not even the sound(a tittle) of one word. Of course he/she would have to go back and read with understanding about homosexuality in the O.T. How many times did JESUS ask someone, "Haven't you read"? He was most definitely talking about GOD's words that were instructed to the prophets to be written and recorded...........

harley_52
22064
harley_52 02/22/13 - 11:56 am
Are Murderers....

...."born that way?"

Rapists? Thiefs? Adulterers? Speeders? Jaywalkers? Drunks? Liars?

I think you can find some scientific support that just about anybody who does anything that's illegal, or antisocial, was "born that way." But no PROOF.

Where's the beef?

karradur
karradur 02/22/13 - 11:58 am
"GiantsAllDay, I'm afriad

"GiantsAllDay, I'm afriad that all the examples you listed is not traditional marriage as first ordained by God.

Yes, we've had these types of marriages/unions you listed by they were choosen by man not from God."

(Genesis 20:12)
(Deuteronomy 25:5)
(Deuteronomy 22:28-29)
(Samuel 5:13)
(Kings 11:3)
(Exodus 21:7-11)
(Deuteronomy 21:11-13)

harley_52
22064
harley_52 02/22/13 - 12:01 pm
"harley_52 - I wouldn't call it....

....a "failed" attempt at humor - I thought it was pretty dang funny!"

Thanks, Young Fred. It's a tough crowd in here. It's really pretty difficult to get humor across in a medium where you can't see somebody's face, or their gestures.

Win some, lose some.....life goes on.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 02/22/13 - 12:08 pm
Karradur, you sure don't want

Karradur, you sure don't want to answer MY question, but I'll answer yours. You asked, "If they're in Heaven, and absolved of all sin, how can they still be homosexual?"

Practicing ones no, Redeemed and Sanctified, YES!....Confession comes before Redeption and then Sanctification. We will struggle on this earth...we need Jesus.

JESUS MAKES CHANGE POSSIBLE!

Now, please, answer mine.

Jane18
Jane18 02/22/13 - 12:08 pm
Hold Those "Pearls" and "Kick The Dust............"

Folks, there is nothing that is going to be taken seriously by one or two people on this discussion. Save it for another time.....................!