Homosexuality politicized

Homosexuality may be the political can of worms that, after being opened, will manifest itself in such a way that our society may never be the same. Politicians have succumbed to political pressure, and by doing so, have compromised our public schools and military.

Lawmakers have determined that it is more important to allow a whole new level of sexual provocativeness, for the sake of inclusiveness and equality, rather than maintaining a cohesive, well-disciplined military that builds men – no offense to the women serving within our military ranks. I am absolutely convinced that the gay rights issue is less about equality and more about political power. Now that our high-end politicians have tucked their tails and crawled under the table, gays have become more emboldened. Now they’re at the gates of the Boy Scouts of America demanding their political power be recognized.

My message to any homosexual: It is not essential that everybody knows what your sexual preference is. Lawmakers in today’s government have no courage and have an intrusive approach toward our personal and private lives; consequently, we end up with troubling circumstances. Our military – or the Boy Scouts, for
that matter – should not be the compromise zone for some men and women to further exploit their sexuality. In my mind, a man can never replace a woman, or vice-versa.

Sexual preference has nothing to do with skin color; one you choose, the other you don’t. Homosexuals will not back down, and are acutely aware that people in high positions – i.e., politicians, preachers, administrators, radio/TV talk show hosts and others – are too terrified to speak against this same issue. I say it’s all right to stand up for the natural and perfect union of male and female – the natural biological urge one has for the other. Stand up, I say to you heterosexual men, and teach against this provocative lifestyle before our society is compromised beyond repair.

Brian Green

Augusta

Bruno
Bruno 02/15/13 - 10:44 am
While it is true that the

While it is true that the phrase "separation of church and state" does not appear in the Constitution it is settled law. To deny that is the akin to stating the world is 6000 years old and flat.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/15/13 - 10:54 am
Bruno....I was told on this

Bruno....I was told on this board "it's right there in the 1st amendment." My point is that it is not. To say it is, is either a lie or ignorant.

Bruno
Bruno 02/15/13 - 01:24 pm
And you were also told that

And you were also told that it was settled law. To continue as if you were not made aware of that is to remain willfully ignorant. Conversations evolve past the original statements. It would behoove you to at least try to keep up.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/15/13 - 02:07 pm
I'm keeping up just fine...I

I'm keeping up just fine...I asked to see the words (and I was careful to use quotation marks each time) "separation of church and state" and I was told it is in the Constitution. To claim that it is in there is wrong. I'm well aware of what the 1st amendment says, and what the SCOTUS has said about it, but to say of the words "separation of church and state" "you need to brush up on the constitution, because it's right there in the 1st amendment" is just a false statement. Far too many people just assume things are in the constitution that are not. It would behoove them to actually READ the constitution and try to keep up. How hard would it have been to say "you're right. It's NOT in the constitution, however.........."

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/15/13 - 02:15 pm
So fiat _lux

Can you point out exactly what part of my point was either repugnant, or tangential to the debate?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/15/13 - 02:26 pm
Definition Pedophilia: Adult

Definition
Pedophilia: Adult sexual fondness for and activity with children.

Not necessarily pre-pubescent.

source

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/15/13 - 02:43 pm
That is in common use, just

That is in common use, just like interchanging racism and bigotry. As I said above, it boils down to semantics in most cases. As far as I'm concerned; a 50 yo with a 16 yo is a perv any way you slice it.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/15/13 - 02:58 pm
Can't argue with you

Can't argue with you itsanotherday, but legally, that perv is protected in many, but not all states.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 02/15/13 - 04:04 pm
Sorry, ItsAnotherDay,

to have offended. The people thumbing you down are probably the same ones that reflexively thumb me down.

It's a good indication that we're both doing something right and hitting our targets.

The tangential part was in even responding to the lunatic that tries to equate disagreeing to being a "homo" oneself. It makes no sense and isn't worth anyone's time to waste a thought on such stupid nonsense, much encourage it with a comment in reply.

burninater
burninater 02/15/13 - 05:19 pm
What WAS argued is that it is

What WAS argued is that it is hypocritical to claim that one is acceptable BECAUSE they are born that way, but another is not.
--------
And this is where the lack of thought occurs. By this "logic", the fact that heterosexuals are "born that way", and heterosexuality is acceptable, means therefore pedophilia is "acceptable" if they were "born that way". To avoid repeating the stereotype of that two-day-old LTE voicing Jindal's concern about the GOP, do you see how this type of "argument" bolsters the stereotype that some positions expressed by some on the Right do not appear to be well-examined ideas?

Is it in any way reasonable to try to make the case that if consensual relations between adults who were "born that way" (heterosexuals) is okay, than the rape of children by someone "born that way" must also be accepted by society? How does one have ANYTHING to do with the other in a rational worldview?

As a society, we define acceptable behavior. God may have created children to be public onanists, but we teach them it is not socially acceptable.

Trying to equate the social acceptance of consensual sexual relations between two adults to the rape of children, regardless of the etiology of the behavior, is an indefensible claim.

Bruno
Bruno 02/15/13 - 05:38 pm
You are correct Burninator

You are correct Burninator but the person attempting to equate the two will not get that.
BTW, great job using onanists and etiology in the same post! Wonder how many googled those words.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/15/13 - 05:39 pm
Thanks FL, I was at a loss as

Thanks FL, I was at a loss as to what I posted that was disagreeable or not the truth. Personally, I like to be openly challenged on the subject matter as I can always learn something, or maybe the other person can. Thumbs just leave you believing the "downer" just must be ignorant.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/15/13 - 05:46 pm
Bruno

Come back more often; you bring a lot of common sense and rational thought. I wish Radwaste would post more often, he would REALLY stir up some _**_____ folks on both sides.

** Just can't think of the right adjective... I generally mean narrow minded, but that is a little harsh.

Let me say: "People with strongly held views that aren't willing to explore beyond them."

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/15/13 - 06:07 pm
"And this is where the lack

"And this is where the lack of thought occurs. By this "logic", the fact that heterosexuals are "born that way", and heterosexuality is acceptable, means therefore pedophilia is "acceptable" if they were "born that way"."

I'm so glad you posted that. You see, you just proved my point. It is only the gay lobby that is trying to use that logic that "being born that way" makes it ok. You just pointed out how ridiculous that argument is. Thanks.

myfather15
myfather15 02/16/13 - 12:44 pm
Yes, Burninator just negated

Yes, Burninator just negated the biggest argument homosexuals have used over the years. I was thinking the exact same thing before reading your post Angela, good point. The "We were born this way" excuse isn't a logical reason to make something legal or recognized it as moral. Burninator just agreed with us, thanks.

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.