Homosexuality politicized

Homosexuality may be the political can of worms that, after being opened, will manifest itself in such a way that our society may never be the same. Politicians have succumbed to political pressure, and by doing so, have compromised our public schools and military.

Lawmakers have determined that it is more important to allow a whole new level of sexual provocativeness, for the sake of inclusiveness and equality, rather than maintaining a cohesive, well-disciplined military that builds men – no offense to the women serving within our military ranks. I am absolutely convinced that the gay rights issue is less about equality and more about political power. Now that our high-end politicians have tucked their tails and crawled under the table, gays have become more emboldened. Now they’re at the gates of the Boy Scouts of America demanding their political power be recognized.

My message to any homosexual: It is not essential that everybody knows what your sexual preference is. Lawmakers in today’s government have no courage and have an intrusive approach toward our personal and private lives; consequently, we end up with troubling circumstances. Our military – or the Boy Scouts, for
that matter – should not be the compromise zone for some men and women to further exploit their sexuality. In my mind, a man can never replace a woman, or vice-versa.

Sexual preference has nothing to do with skin color; one you choose, the other you don’t. Homosexuals will not back down, and are acutely aware that people in high positions – i.e., politicians, preachers, administrators, radio/TV talk show hosts and others – are too terrified to speak against this same issue. I say it’s all right to stand up for the natural and perfect union of male and female – the natural biological urge one has for the other. Stand up, I say to you heterosexual men, and teach against this provocative lifestyle before our society is compromised beyond repair.

Brian Green

Augusta

duffstuff
duffstuff 02/14/13 - 01:26 pm
BECAUSE ONE INVOLVES A VICTIM

BECAUSE ONE INVOLVES A VICTIM AND THE OTHER DOES NOT! (sorry didn't mean to shout) jk

What part of that distinction don't you understand?

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:26 pm
I never came here to defend

I never came here to defend ANY religious texts, nanowerx. I was simply pointing out that you were wrong.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:28 pm
So if the age is legally

So if the age is legally lowered (and historically consent ages have gone up AND down) then there is no longer a victim.....right, duffstuff?

MothyBalz0169
MothyBalz0169 02/14/13 - 01:28 pm
His argument was just as

His argument was just as valid as your arguments. They were also euphemisms and not legitimate arguments. He's trying to show you the hypocrisy of your own.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:29 pm
"What people are trying to

"What people are trying to tell you is there is a difference between homosexuality and pedophilia"

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 02/14/13 - 01:31 pm
Back and Forth

If homosexual was so right, then why is it never talked about in a positive way in ANY OF THE RELIGIOUS TEXTS?

Homosexuality = peverted sex.

Homosexuality doesn't create human beings.
Homosexuality is being pushed so hard because we are in "those days."
Funny thing is, the Bible mentioned ALL OF THESE EVENTS.

I know of PLENTY Ex-homosexuals....the only way is through the LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST and a willing heart.

Other than that, we will keep going back and forth.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:31 pm
I ask one more time,

I ask one more time, nanowerx.....where have I said anything about hate? Is that the best you can do when you lose a debate....accuse the other of hate?

Still waiting for you to show where I can see "separation of church and state" in the constitution.....

MothyBalz0169
MothyBalz0169 02/14/13 - 01:31 pm
Actually, yes, the age is

Actually, yes, the age is "legally." Legal being the key word. Your argument is comparing something illegal to something legal. That's not in any way, shape, or form a legitimate argument.

nanowerx
nanowerx 02/14/13 - 01:35 pm
If that is the case, time for you to compromise

Fine then, lets associate all heterosexuals with pedophiles too. I didn't choose to love women, nor have I let a religion tell me to do it, I was born this way. So based on your logic, you are no better than a pedophile either since you were born heterosexual...

And I already gave you the quote about separation of church and state in the constitution, which has been backed up by the US Supreme Court on numerous occasions:

""Separation of church and state" (sometimes "wall of separation between church and state") is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. The phrase has since been repeatedly cited by the Supreme Court of the United States."

Furthur: "The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.""

MothyBalz0169
MothyBalz0169 02/14/13 - 01:32 pm
Henry, you speak as if this

Henry, you speak as if this entire country follows the bible. News flash: It doesn't.

harley_52
harley_52 02/14/13 - 01:32 pm
"Humble please stop it,...

....Humble please stop it, you are getting your but kicked all over this board."

First of all, I suspect you mean "butt."

Secondly, you are quite incorrect. To be fair, Angela should tie half her brain behind her back.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:33 pm
"Your argument is comparing

"Your argument is comparing something illegal to something legal. That's not in any way, shape, or form a legitimate argument."

So when CA voted to make homosexual marriage illegal it became wrong?

duffstuff
duffstuff 02/14/13 - 01:34 pm
Consent is ambiguous over

Consent is ambiguous over time and cultures yes. but a true victim is someone who is forced to do something against their will. That is always clear, and anyone who hasn't at least gone through puberty is a true child. It would be hard to argue otherwise. I don't think there are any cultures that overwhelmingly support relationships with pre pubescent children.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:35 pm
"So based on your logic, you

"So based on your logic, you are no better than a pedophile either since you were born heterosexual..."

I'm not the one insisting that the world accept someone because they are born that way. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the gay lobby who makes that assertion about gays, but not any other group that is born a certain way.

MothyBalz0169
MothyBalz0169 02/14/13 - 01:36 pm
"Not true. I'm saying there

"Not true. I'm saying there is no difference is insisting that I accept someone because they are born homosexual, and insisting that someone accept a pedophile because they are born that way. No one here has yet to explain the discrepancy."

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:36 pm
So basically, according to

So basically, according to your 1:34 post, anyone who desires someone that has reached puberty shouldn't be considered a pedophile.

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 02/14/13 - 01:38 pm
Mothy

"any of the religious texts"

Just stating that these events have been "predicted".

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:41 pm
"With that line of thought,

"With that line of thought, it would be no different if this country had a majority of homosexuals who wanted to tell heterosexuals they couldn't marry, use public display of affections, etc. It would be no different applying any minority as the majority against the current majority. Again, bad argument, regardless."

That has nothing to do with the hypocrisy of insisting that homosexuality is ok because they are born that way, but not giving that same privilege to other people who are born certain ways. I'm not sure why I keep trying if you can't seem to follow the logic...or if you refuse to follow it due to fear of where it may lead. Either way, I'll waste no more time arguing with you, since most of you fail to follow logic and fail to answer simple questions when the answer would reveal the weakness in your argument.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:45 pm
And nanowerx....thank you for

And nanowerx....thank you for TRYING, but your quite lengthy post STILL doesn't say "separation of church and state" in the constitution....because it's not there. If you didn't understand the wikipedia site where you cut and pasted your information (without giving credit no less) then I'm sorry for you.

Jack T
Jack T 02/14/13 - 01:44 pm
"That is how I feel about

"That is how I feel about homosexuality. How would you feel if you were bombarded with "Incest Pride Parades", or if nearly every sitcom featured an incest relationship as if it is ok and normal, or if teachers were teaching that incest is natural and normal?"

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:46 pm
"So tell me when did a

"So tell me when did a homosexual put a gun to your head and force to attend a pride parade or watch a gay sitcom?"

When did they try to teach in public school that it was normal and natural? Feel free to reference the WHOLE post, not just the part that you can more easily argue about.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:47 pm
Ok...I'm done.....I can't

Ok...I'm done.....I can't find any logic or honesty here......Except for Henry walker, myfather, and a select few others.

duffstuff
duffstuff 02/14/13 - 01:48 pm
Yes that actually is what I'm

Yes that actually is what I'm saying. Most biblical scholars, I believe, think Marry was about 16ish when she had Jesus and I'm sure her and Joseph consummated their relationship soon there after. So humble, you seem to think this was wrong from what I gather?

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:50 pm
NO duff...I don't...and I'm

NO duff...I don't...and I'm beating my head into the wall trying to make you and others understand it.

duffstuff
duffstuff 02/14/13 - 01:56 pm
So you agree with my point

So you agree with my point then that age of whats considered adult/ consensual, differs from culture to culture and time to time.

Gareth Fenley
Gareth Fenley 02/14/13 - 01:53 pm
Safety, understanding, and equality: A vision for our community

Hi. My name is Gareth Fenley. I am not a controversial issue, or a topic to debate. I'm a human being.

I am also one of the co-founders of GRU Equality. We are an independent organization of administrators, faculty, staff, and graduate and professional students within the Georgia Regents University enterprise. We are joining together to improve the experience of sexual and gender minority employees, students, and patients throughout the enterprise.

GRU Equality, as a formal organization, is only a few days past our first birthday. There were many, many individual and collective efforts working "behind the scenes" until a group of us gathered at the Partridge Inn to reach consensus on a vision statement one year ago. Here it is:

"Our vision is to change the Georgia Regents community from fear to safety, comfort, and being ourselves; from ignorance to awareness and understanding; and from a selectively privileged system to equality of rights and benefits for all."

I call upon all fair-minded people in every walk of life here to join me in vigorously affirming and promoting this vision.

Thank you.
Gareth

myfather15
myfather15 02/14/13 - 01:54 pm
@nanowerx

Actually, did you know that atheist organizations are creating "Churches" where they may attend and have a gathering of like minded people. Their guidelines are very similar to Christian Churches, where they come, sing hymns (Usually Queen) and then hear a speech, given like a sermon.

I am perfectly comfortable with that, and encourage it if thats what they want to do. What you will not see, is any common sense Christian going to their "Churches" picketting or trying to force our beliefs on them. We ARE NOT like activist leftists, who have to forced their beliefs down the throats of PRIVATE organizations, who DO NOT believe as they believe. We will NOT demand to be included as members in these atheists "Churches". THATS THE BIG DIFFERENCE.

myfather15
myfather15 02/14/13 - 01:59 pm
Here you go....

Why not go join THIS group, or start you own; instead of causing division between people and demanding to inflitrate PRIVATE ORGANIZATIONS, who don't believe how YOU believe; live and let live, right?

MothyBalz0169
MothyBalz0169 02/14/13 - 02:04 pm
myfather, then you should be

myfather, then you should be comfortable with homosexuals getting married, and receiving the same tax benefits as you do as long as they aren't picketing your right to live your life under religion. You do know there are many churches that will perform same-sex marriages, right? Should they not be allowed the freedom to do so because others dislike it? If the argument and facts pointed to homosexuals trying to force religious organizations to marry them, then I would whole-heartedly agree with you. However, those who do as you say, "push their values on others," are a slim minority and no different than those who push their religion on others which I also see as a slim minority.

duffstuff
duffstuff 02/14/13 - 02:06 pm
Well churches shouldn't be

Well churches shouldn't be forced to do much of anything as long as they aren't creating any mayhem so to speak. But I will say businesses are different in my opinion. And there is a fine line between allowing a business to hire and fire who they want and being prejudice. Like for example I don't think you should be forced to hire any gay people but if you can prove the company discriminates against gay people I think that is another thing entirely. Some things should be forced down others throats. Like the 13th Amendment. That was forced down our throats by Lincoln cause alot of people didn't want that!