Homosexuality politicized

Homosexuality may be the political can of worms that, after being opened, will manifest itself in such a way that our society may never be the same. Politicians have succumbed to political pressure, and by doing so, have compromised our public schools and military.

Lawmakers have determined that it is more important to allow a whole new level of sexual provocativeness, for the sake of inclusiveness and equality, rather than maintaining a cohesive, well-disciplined military that builds men – no offense to the women serving within our military ranks. I am absolutely convinced that the gay rights issue is less about equality and more about political power. Now that our high-end politicians have tucked their tails and crawled under the table, gays have become more emboldened. Now they’re at the gates of the Boy Scouts of America demanding their political power be recognized.

My message to any homosexual: It is not essential that everybody knows what your sexual preference is. Lawmakers in today’s government have no courage and have an intrusive approach toward our personal and private lives; consequently, we end up with troubling circumstances. Our military – or the Boy Scouts, for
that matter – should not be the compromise zone for some men and women to further exploit their sexuality. In my mind, a man can never replace a woman, or vice-versa.

Sexual preference has nothing to do with skin color; one you choose, the other you don’t. Homosexuals will not back down, and are acutely aware that people in high positions – i.e., politicians, preachers, administrators, radio/TV talk show hosts and others – are too terrified to speak against this same issue. I say it’s all right to stand up for the natural and perfect union of male and female – the natural biological urge one has for the other. Stand up, I say to you heterosexual men, and teach against this provocative lifestyle before our society is compromised beyond repair.

Brian Green

Augusta

Comments (112)

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:43 pm

jack t"Children cannot

jack t

"Children cannot consent in the eyes of the law. Pedophilia will never be legal."

So you are ok with incest and polygamy?

And since several states have different ages that they consider legal age of consent, I would say your argument is specious at best, since all they have to do is change that number and what used to be considered pedophilia is then legal....just as they did when they struck down laws against homosexuality.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:38 pm

"therefore you're stupid

"therefore you're stupid pedophilia argument"

Therefore you are stupid pedophilia argument? You are is what "you're" means, isn't it? Harley's right......better check before you call someone else stupid.

jic
jic 02/14/13 - 01:42 pm

Angela

And Sheff, you're wrong about gays "forcing" some agenda as well. We could care less what you think and certainly don't need your approval. We (both my partner and I ) compete and succeed over you in all walks of life. We are doctors, lawyers, military troops and hair dressers, and in many cases, we are better than you and make more money. We demand that the law treat us equally and demand that we not live with the threat of losing our jobs for no reason but being gay. Perhaps competing successfully is what really bothers you? Some f*g took my job? Is that it?

PolishBear
PolishBear 02/14/13 - 01:44 pm

Gay soldiers have ALWAYS been there.

WOW, so much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” All these tough, studly soldiers who would otherwise be willing to die in the fight against terrorism are just going to fall to pieces at the thought of sharing a foxhole with a Gay man.

Everyone in the military knows that Gay soldiers have always been there. Everyone in the military knows that Gay and Straight soldiers have always showered together and bunked together. None of that was ever going to change whether “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” was kept or repealed. I don’t know why people are getting all bent out of shape about it now.

For what it’s worth, I really don’t care if any soldier, Gay OR Straight, is disciplined or booted out of the military because of inappropriate conduct when on-duty. That’s not what’s at issue here. A qualified soldier should not be at risk for losing his career simply because of who he’s dating on his own time.

Hold all soldiers to the same standards of professional behavior, regardless of their sexual orientation, and the military will be able to do its job just fine. We don’t need DADT to accomplish that goal.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:45 pm

"As with everything else you

"As with everything else you say incorrectly, sodomy is not illegal in Texas. It was nullifed by the supreme court."

The law is still on the books however.

"Perhaps competing successfully is what really bothers you? Some f*g took my job? Is that it?"

WOW....paragraph after paragraph stating why people disprove of homosexuality, but you still feel the need to make up a reason someone doesn't like it and substitute that for what they said. That certainly makes your argument easier, if you just ignore the stated reason and substitute your own.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:47 pm

PolishBear...I can agree with

PolishBear...I can agree with YOUR cogent and civil argument.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:48 pm

"We (both my partner and I )

"We (both my partner and I ) compete and succeed over you in all walks of life. "

Bold statement to make about someone of who's success you know nothing about. I guess that too makes it easy to argue a point if you make up your own facts.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:51 pm

"And Sheff, you're wrong

"And Sheff, you're wrong about gays "forcing" some agenda as well."

Really? Is that a fact?

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 01:52 pm

Nice....A thumbs down for

Nice....A thumbs down for providing evidence that someone was wrong. Sorry if facts offend.

myfather15
myfather15 02/14/13 - 01:53 pm

Let's be clear.....

Is it NOT the homosexuals of the Country that are tearing down the moral fabric of society. I know many openly gay people, most of which are very happy to just be left alone. They aren't ACTIVISTS, attempting to force themselves in every traditional aspect of life. Most that I've talked to, also realize they aren't the "norm" but couldn't care less. They just want to have a job, live life, be peaceful and not be harrassed. Basically, they are just people, NOT activists for some left wing cause.

The truth is, its the secular left activists that are dividing this Country and that is EXACTLY their goal. They want division and hatred, because with them, comes radical change. They will do absolutely ANYTHING to acheive their end goal.

So, I have no problem with gays and lesbians, the lifestyle they choose is between them and God; and no one else. But I'm progressively feeling more and more animosity towards the extreme left activists of this Country. They are the driving force against Christianity and ANY traditional American beliefs.

nanowerx
nanowerx 02/14/13 - 01:55 pm

Shame

Cherry picking one instance of abuse does not make your argument any less invalid, 'humble.' All the while claiming how EVERYBODY is against gay rights and NO ONE here is supportive of homosexuals. You seem to enjoy using broad terms until it comes to something you support or disagree with, then you start picking out single instances that suit you.

Enjoy that hyperbole.

OJP
OJP 02/14/13 - 02:00 pm

@myfather15

Basically what you're saying is that you are okay with gay people as long as they know their place and stay there.

No, thanks. Our Constitution protects the rights of minorities against the tyranny of the majority. Equal rights for all and nothing less.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 02:01 pm

@nanowerx....and yet you keep

@nanowerx....and yet you keep failing to show any instance where I'm wrong.....just call names and accuse me of hyperbole. I'm glad you like that style of debate, but most can see right through it.

"All the while claiming how EVERYBODY is against gay rights and NO ONE here is supportive of homosexuals. "

Where did I say that?

Also....weren't you going to show where I could see "separation of church and state" in the constitution?

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 02:01 pm

"Equal rights for all and

"Equal rights for all and nothing less."

Except for polygamists and incestuous couples.....right?

Jack T
Jack T 02/14/13 - 02:02 pm

Polygamy? I don't care. As

Polygamy? I don't care. As long as all parties happily consent and are adults.

nanowerx
nanowerx 02/14/13 - 02:08 pm

Here is your proof

"And they also want to force you to accept them. Just as NO ONE does." - 'Humble' Angela

And why do you keep bringing up polygamists and people who are incestuous? What two, or three or four consenting adults do is entirely up to them. You start getting the government involved in such things and it starts to erode that whole "freedom" thing we so love about America.

duffstuff
duffstuff 02/14/13 - 02:10 pm

There's apparently been some

There's apparently been some comparison to pedophiles and gay people on here and there is one clear difference and that is one is consensual and the other requires a victim. I don't care if you think being homosexual is or isn't immoral. There is a clear distinction between a victimless consensual activity, and one that forces someone to do something against their will. Children are not adults and therefore do not have to ability to consent. And this is on another note entirely but age of consent is often cultural. There is no major religious doctrine (that I'm aware of) that says what age qualifies them as an adult. Some cultures it's anything past the age of puberty like 15. In the States, this day in age, its considered devious for anyone over the age of 18 to have a relationship with a 15 yr old but in many other cultures its perfectly accepted. I'm not saying you should engage in such a thing but I'm just putting a thought out there.

And anyone who thinks sexual orientation is a clear choice must concede that being strait is also a choice. I've heard many gay people say that if they could have chosen to be strait they would have because they receive so much judgement and condemnation. What would you say to those people?

Also one question I want to ask my fellow strait people is this: Could you ever choose to be gay if someone told you that being strait was wrong?
This is obviously hypothetical but I want everyone to honestly ponder that question for a moment. Could you live a life of lonesome celibacy if someone told you that's what you had to do in order to win God's favor? I know I couldn't. I say that because I'm being honest with myself. I know I require intimate love with another human being. And I think most people put too much emphasis on the sex when it's really all about love.

FYI I'm not here to say its right or wrong but I think about it this way. We may have not been made with the perfect intention to be homosexual but we also (I assume) weren't made with the intention to be a hermaphrodite. (Someone born with both male and female sex organs) I see it as an imperfection in our physical world. There are many factors that could attribute to someone being gay. hormones, genes, chemicals in the brain, mismatch chromosomes. There is already some interesting science that highly suggests homosexuality may be determined by one of, or a number of these physical factors. So let's live and let live and if it is wrong, that's god's job to judge...not ours!!!

MothyBalz0169
MothyBalz0169 02/14/13 - 02:04 pm

WOW! Some of these comments

WOW! Some of these comments make me feel sorry for humanity moving forward (and not in the political sense). I am not a leftist, and not a hardline right-winger either. I like to think I use a little common sense from time to time. However, it seems some of you do not. Making ridiculous ad hominem arguments comparing homosexuals to pedophiles, pedophilia to polygamy, etc while attempting to "win the argument" proves that some of you really don't understand what those things are or the impact they have on others physically/mentally. To clarify, homosexuality does not cause anyone who agrees or disagrees any physical or mental harm unless you are completely intolerant of others people's opinions/way of life. Polygamy does not cause anyone who agrees or disagrees any physical or mental harm unless you are completely intolerant of other people's opinions/way of life. On the other hand, pedophilia does cause physical and mental harm to the child, and incest can cause physical and mental birth issues with the child. If you cannot understand that and still believe that your representations are a proper argument, then let me break the news to you: Your argument fails miserably with anyone who has a smidgen of common sense. I guess no one picked up on the earlier soldier=Nazy euphemism. I thought after that point, there couldn't possibly be an argument that stated the hypocrisy of those statements so clearly. The arguments about bigotry and those of you attempting to free yourselves of that label should take a long hard look at your views and realize that you do 100% fall into the definition of what bigotry is. Intolerance to ideas you do not support is bigotry, plain and simple, especially when those ideas cause you zero physical or mental harm beyond your own biases. With that being said, no one is taking any rights away from the majority of the people in this country. The arguments were made that blacks and women once fought these same battles, yet when given such a logical approach to the situation some of you completely ignore history in need of continuing the failed argument you so wish to win. I personally believe that as long as it causes no physical harm to another human being and is consensual between multiple persons, then it is no one's business except for the parties participating (and by parties I mean humans). That in no way, shape, or form reads that I support pedophilia or incest, so save it. The argument about homosexuality being illegal in the past is also a terrible argument because women voting and blacks voting or living unsegregated lives were also illegal at one point. We have changed, and the compassion of this country towards another human life has changed. That doesn't mean we're "OK" with someone having sex with animals, or a grown man raping a small child in a dark alley.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 02:07 pm

"Incest? Well I am revolted

"Incest? Well I am revolted by the idea of it honestly. But again when someone reaches adult age and they willingly consent to it how is that hurting me? It's not my business."

That is how I feel about homosexuality. How would you feel if you were bombarded with "Incest Pride Parades", or if nearly every sitcom featured an incest relationship as if it is ok and normal, or if teachers were teaching that incest is natural and normal?

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 02:08 pm

"Let me guess, you voted for

"Let me guess, you voted for Mitt Romney? Who is a Mormon, who supports Polygamy. The irony."

Sorry....Romney doesn't support polygamy, but nice that you have generalized him as such.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 02:09 pm

"And anyone who thinks sexual

"And anyone who thinks sexual orientation is a clear choice must concede that being strait is also a choice."

So do you concede that pedophilia is not a choice?

nanowerx
nanowerx 02/14/13 - 02:15 pm

Hmmm

So Mitt Romney doesn't support a key provision in his Mormon religion? A provision that even forced his grandfather to flee to Mexico so that he wasn't persecuted for having multiple wives? So is it safe to say that you, as a Christian, don't support getting haircuts and support women being subservient to men? Because those are in the bible.

duffstuff
duffstuff 02/14/13 - 02:13 pm

Seriously?

Pedophilia requires a victim homosexuality does not!!!

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 02:14 pm

In what way, owensjef?

In what way, owensjef?

julietr
julietr 02/14/13 - 02:15 pm

Response to the author

"Lawmakers have determined that it is more important to allow a whole new level of sexual provocativeness, for the sake of inclusiveness and equality, rather than maintaining a cohesive, well-disciplined military that builds men – no offense to the women serving within our military ranks."

Gay and lesbian people have been serving the US military for decades. Nothing has changed with regards to this "cohesiveness" means, except heterosexuality is no longer considered a bona fide occupational qualification to serve in the military.

DADT was repealed 2 years ago, there's no evidence that our military functions less efficiently than it ever did before.

"I am absolutely convinced that the gay rights issue is less about equality and more about political power"

Errrm, no. Its about equality. I'm a gay woman who happens to be an LGBT rights activist. Anti-gay discrimination is *irrational* and causes harm to an entire class of citizens for no coherent reason.

That's a problem. Our 14th amendment requires that restrictions of fundamental rights, like marriage or employment, must have a rational basis -- and simply "not accepting" a person is not a rational basis for anything.

"My message to any homosexual: It is not essential that everybody knows what your sexual preference is."

My message to you: homosexuals are just as open about their sexuality as heterosexuals are about their own. I work in an office, and each time I pass by my coworkers desk, I see pictures of their heterosexual wedding, I know the name of their heterosexual partner, we talk about raising kids, or maybe talk about ex-wives/ex-husbands, or bad dates in college. I hear heterosexual men making comments about women they're attracted to on a regular basis.

I hope you understand here: heterosexual people are only too eager to talk about their sexual preferences, even when no one asked to know about it. When a heterosexual teacher or scout master has a photo of their spouse on their desk, no one ever accuses them of implicitly advertising their sex lives to children. No one ever challenges a straight person about their sexual preference, but when a gay person as open as heterosexuals, suddenly the gay person is "flaunting their sexuality" and "shoving it down peoples throats".

Its not essential that anyone needs to know what anyones sexual preference is, but if you interact with people in a non-trivial way for any duration of time, you're going to learn a lot of extraneous details about their lives. Sometimes those details might be marriage status or relationships, most of which is no ones business and causes exactly no harm to anyone.

"In my mind, a man can never replace a woman, or vice-versa."

Your private experiences do not generalize as a rule for everyone.

"Sexual preference has nothing to do with skin color; one you choose, the other you don’t."

Nevermind that people don't choose their sexual orientation either, racism and anti-gay prejudice are exactly analogous because they are both *irrational* and cause real tangible harm to people.

Seriously, even if being gay was a choice, and people could freely change their sexual orientation, how would that rationalize discrimination against them? It doesn't. The argument for anti-gay prejudice is no more persusive than racism, anti-Semitism, sexism, and all other irrational prejudices.

"Stand up, I say to you heterosexual men, and teach against this provocative lifestyle before our society is compromised beyond repair."

Ok, I'm really interested in this: how would your doomday society which is "compromised beyond repair" differ from this one? It sounds like you're implying something really terrible and awful, but you haven't exactly spelled it out. I'm going to chalk this up to irrational fear-mongering which isn't predicated on anything.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 02:16 pm

"So Mitt Romney doesn't

"So Mitt Romney doesn't support a key provision in his Mormon religion?"

MothyBalz0169
MothyBalz0169 02/14/13 - 02:16 pm

Sheesh, small novel written

Sheesh, small novel written in reply to the ridiculous comments on this article, and it's not showing up. Sad times.....

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 02:22 pm

"Pedophilia requires a victim

"Pedophilia requires a victim homosexuality does not!!!

What else is there to say? I can't believe you are still trying to lump the two together!"

No one is "lumping them together" we are simply asking why you support one person's desires, which they are born with and can't change but not all?

faithson
faithson 02/14/13 - 02:17 pm

'compromised beyond repair'

by whom ? only those who have all this energy to put into it. Live and let Live takes so much less 'energy'. what was it He said, 'a Kingdom believer never meets a stranger'. sorry angela, can't quote chapter and verse on that.

nanowerx
nanowerx 02/14/13 - 02:27 pm

So we can omit things we dont like from religious texts?

"This is no longer a provision of the mormon religion, nor has it been for quite some time.....just like the wife beating you mentioned."

So you can just start choosing to ignore the words of God (Bible) and Jesus (The Book of Mormon was written by John Smith as he spoke with Jesus) because it doesn't suit your narrative? Nice. Maybe I need to start a religion; if things don't go as planned, just change things up and claim we don't support it anymore...then rage against the things that we are still against!

Jesus said "do unto others" and "love one another." How about we start following the great teachings of Jesus instead of denouncing a group of people as being kin to pedophiles because we don't agree with them.

Augusta man gets life without parole in killing

Jonathan Lee Felton, 23, was convicted in Richmond County Superior Court of murder and weapon charges for the Oct. 25, 2010, shooting death of 22-year-old Eric "Easy" Wright.