Homosexuality politicized

Homosexuality may be the political can of worms that, after being opened, will manifest itself in such a way that our society may never be the same. Politicians have succumbed to political pressure, and by doing so, have compromised our public schools and military.

Lawmakers have determined that it is more important to allow a whole new level of sexual provocativeness, for the sake of inclusiveness and equality, rather than maintaining a cohesive, well-disciplined military that builds men – no offense to the women serving within our military ranks. I am absolutely convinced that the gay rights issue is less about equality and more about political power. Now that our high-end politicians have tucked their tails and crawled under the table, gays have become more emboldened. Now they’re at the gates of the Boy Scouts of America demanding their political power be recognized.

My message to any homosexual: It is not essential that everybody knows what your sexual preference is. Lawmakers in today’s government have no courage and have an intrusive approach toward our personal and private lives; consequently, we end up with troubling circumstances. Our military – or the Boy Scouts, for
that matter – should not be the compromise zone for some men and women to further exploit their sexuality. In my mind, a man can never replace a woman, or vice-versa.

Sexual preference has nothing to do with skin color; one you choose, the other you don’t. Homosexuals will not back down, and are acutely aware that people in high positions – i.e., politicians, preachers, administrators, radio/TV talk show hosts and others – are too terrified to speak against this same issue. I say it’s all right to stand up for the natural and perfect union of male and female – the natural biological urge one has for the other. Stand up, I say to you heterosexual men, and teach against this provocative lifestyle before our society is compromised beyond repair.

Brian Green

Augusta

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 02/14/13 - 06:57 am
Someone sounds insecure.

What are you afraid of?

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 08:16 am
I don't think that stating

I don't think that stating facts makes one sound insecure. Why not just call the writer a homophobe....that usually does the trick when you are intolerant of their opinion.

bigj706
bigj706 02/14/13 - 08:41 am
Tell em Humble

Just because anyone states what they see means that they are homophobic I try to remember how many times I have to state my sexual preference. I think none because its no one business not at work not at church just saying for the sake of saying it get irritable to people.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 08:47 am
bigj706.....you should tell

bigj706.....you should tell people that at the next Hetero Pride Parade. I think they hold the parade on the second Saturday of White History Month.

nanowerx
nanowerx 02/14/13 - 09:03 am
Bigotry editorialized.

Did I really just read tripe saying that one 'chooses' their sexual orientation? Are you serious? Man, it is time to grow up, people. Being gay isn't something you just decide one day like what you will eat for breakfast, it is something deeply ingrained within your psyche. The fact that you even think otherwise shows intolerance. This is why the South is getting laughed at, for horrendous opinions like this. Homosexuals aren't politicizing the Boy Scouts, they already did it themselves by implicitly banning gays from their club, same with our military at one point.

As an American who fully supports the 1st Amendment right for you to spout bigotry, I can take your claims with a grain of salt, but you really should think about growing up. I married a woman whom I love and cherish; we get benefits and tax breaks associated with that and should I die, she gets my money and things, no questions asked...why shouldn't a gay couple get the same rights as me and my wife? And don't give me the "its a christian tradition" response because people were getting married long before Jesus was born. I don't want gays to have any more rights than heterosexuals, I just want them to have the SAME rights.

I await my downvotes for having a sane and logical argument, simply because it goes against the ingrained mindset around here.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 09:34 am
nanowerx, I assume your full

nanowerx, I assume your full support is behind pedophiles, since they didn't choose to desire children....they were born that way. Being a pedophile isn't something you just decide one day like what you will eat for breakfast, it is something deeply ingrained within your psyche. The fact that you even think otherwise shows intolerance.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 09:46 am
I see a thumbs down....with

I see a thumbs down....with no desire to vocalize why. Care to explain what is wrong with my post, or is it just a "troll thumb?"

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 02/14/13 - 10:07 am
Humble

All your post are correct...I don't think you will get an answer to the last post because there is no answer.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 02/14/13 - 10:30 am
Nanowerx

The problem with the homosexual agenda is they want to "force" everyone to accept their lifestyle as normal and natural and if I disagree then I am the one with the problem. They seek to punish people, companies or groups that do not agree with them. In America they are free to live life as they want but that is not enough…they want to force acceptance . Nanowerx posted " we get benefits and tax breaks associated with that and should I die, she gets my money and things, no questions asked...why shouldn't a gay couple get the same rights as me and my wife?" If that were all they wanted a simple domestic partnership agreement would be all that is needed. They want universal acceptance and even protected minority status. They would even like to change what many Churches preach about this lifestyle.

soapy_725
soapy_725 02/14/13 - 10:38 am
Destruction of the Biblical Family.....

An attack on the Creator. Jehovah, Allah and Almighty God. An attack on the foundation of civilized society. An attack on the Creator is the same as an attack on the creation. You say my God is liar. I am offended.

So amazing that the progressive minds ignore that the merging of Islam and Christianity only strengthens the objection to homosexuality. That the great society of liberation in Communist Cuba jails homosexual.

harley_52
harley_52 02/14/13 - 11:22 am
I Am In Complete...

.....agreement with this letter.

A very vocal two to three percent of the population infects American society with their appetite for abnormal sexual behavior and society bends over backward (npi) to accommodate them.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 02/14/13 - 11:27 am
What I believe is quite simple

I thank God to be able to live in a county that affords us the freedom to live they way we see fit without fear or intimidation. What I don't care for is for one group trying to force another group to accept what it does not believe is an acceptable lifestyle. I support the boy scouts right to set the parameters of behavior and lifestyle they want to accept. We have the right to disagree with these parameters and are not compelled to join. We do not have the right to force them to change what they believe.

harley_52
harley_52 02/14/13 - 11:34 am
"I thank God....

....to be able to live in a county that affords us the freedom to live they way we see fit without fear or intimidation."

Me too.

That's why I am so completely opposed to the homosexual agenda. Our society is weakened, our children misinformed and led astray, and our institutions destroyed by those who want to normalize abnormal sexual behavior.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 11:36 am
Wow....thumbs down on a

Wow....thumbs down on a deleted post. How can you disagree with "nothing?" Thumb trolls are in full force today.

nanowerx
nanowerx 02/14/13 - 11:36 am
Humble

The fact that you associated a homosexual with a pedophile nullifys any argument you have. That is a disgusting, ignorant analogy, and you have the nerve to call me "intolerant." Raping kids is illegal and immoral, nothing illegal or immoral about a man loving a man or a woman loving a woman. If your religion tells you that, then fine, don't love a woman if you are a woman, and dont love a man if you are a man, but the Jesus I love doesn't preach hate and intolerance, the Jesus I love preached love, understanding and acceptance.

All you are doing is using your are using your 'morals' to justify your hate and bigotry.

Bruno
Bruno 02/14/13 - 11:37 am
Nanowerx

Has it right. This editorial is nothing more than bigotry. Once again Humble Angela attempts to draw the false comparison between homosexuality and pedophilia. It is a weak attempt to say that if you are pro-homosexuality you are somehow (in the warped universe of bigotlandia) pro-pedophilia.
I served with some very fine soldiers and sailors who were homosexual and have a good many friends who are homosexual and I find them more kind, less judgmental and more prone to follow Jesus' second commandment more readily than most of the anti-homosexual bigots on this board.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 11:49 am
So are you saying that a

So are you saying that a pedophile CHOOSES to desire children? Homosexuality IS immoral (in mine and many others opinion) and used to be illegal (and still is in many places)

"It is a weak attempt to say that if you are pro-homosexuality you are somehow (in the warped universe of bigotlandia) pro-pedophilia."

NO....I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of saying we have to accept homosexuals because they are born that way, but we must shun pedophiles who are also born that way. You can't pick and choose.

Explain how you claim that homosexuals don't choose to be homosexuals, but pedophiles make the choice. It's quite easy to simply say that since I made the statement, it nullifies my argument....but how about you back up your statement with WHY it is nullified?

And the hatred that causes a person to resort to name calling shows quite a bit of intolerance. A rational person can make their point without doing that.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 11:45 am
Bruno...what is false about

Bruno...what is false about my comparison. Several people have simply stated that my comparison is false, but NONE have been able to explain why it is false.

"As to the BSA, will they toss out all of the adulterers, covetous, those who do not honor their parents also? What about the boozers? I have known numerous scout leaders who were alcoholics of the first degree."

They will toss out anyone they WANT to..... It's a private organization. You can't FORCE them to accept you.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 11:46 am
I'm overwhelmed by the irony

I'm overwhelmed by the irony of those who call you a bigot if you don't accept them because of their beliefs, but the same people absolutely REFUSE to accept YOU because of YOUR beliefs.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 11:52 am
Bigot: a person who is

Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Seems to describe people who hate those who are against homosexuality quite well. I sure see lots of hateful name calling coming from them.

nanowerx
nanowerx 02/14/13 - 02:19 pm
Wow.

Humble, you have quite a way of putting words into peoples mouths that that they did not say. Read back to me any statement I made that said Pedophiles don't choose to be pedophiles. I can wait.....

Thats it, you won't find that statement because I never said it. I said pedophilia was immoral and illegal, never did I say they didn't choose to be that way. They need to be treated for mental health issues and if they act on their impulses, they need to goto jail. You are treating homosexuality as if it is a crime, while trying to make this false assumption that you don't want them forcing their ways onto others. nobody is forcing anything, they just want to be treated like human beings. What harm is homosexuality doing to anyone? Child abuse obviously hurts someone, two men in a consensual relationship does not harm anybody (yourself included). You say it is morally wrong, again I say your morals are skewed. This is why we have a separation of church and state in that pesky Constitution, so certain people can't use their religion to put down others. You say homosexuality used to be illegal....so did being black at one point, so was women voting at one point; things people also used to say were immoral.

I fully support your right to your opinion, but you are the one all over this post trying to shove it down everyones throat. And calling out bigotry isn't name calling, it is being observant, my friend.

myfather15
myfather15 02/14/13 - 12:02 pm
It's also funny how people

It's also funny how people like NANOWERX; throws the term SOUTH out there, as if the south is the only place in the Country unapproving of homosexuality. I've lived in MANY places in this Country and trust me, it's NOT just the south. Until this last election, gay marriage had been placed on the ballot box in I believe 36 States, and every time it had lost by no less than 68% of the vote. Now, during the last election, I believe two States voted it in, Colorado and Mass, too havens of secular liberalism, go figure.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 12:02 pm
So pedophiles make a choice,

So pedophiles make a choice, but homosexuals don't. Why the difference? What on earth makes you think a pedophile would WANT to be a pedophile. That is the same logic we have heard from the gay lobby for YEARS. Explain why id doesn't apply here.

"You are treating homosexuality as if it is a crime," It used to be, and still is in many places. Legalizing it does NOT make it moral.

"And calling out bigotry isn't name calling, it is being observant, my friend."

Calling people stupid because you disagree with them IS name calling....and I'm not your friend.

"This is why we have a separation of church and state in that pesky Constitution"

hmmmmmmm....I can't seem to find that in the Constitution.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 12:03 pm
myfather.... Throwing out

myfather.... Throwing out "the South" is just another example of their bigoted hatred. They can't back it up with facts.

harley_52
harley_52 02/14/13 - 12:07 pm
"And calling out bigotry isn't name calling.....

..... it is being observant, my friend."

Hoo boy...here we go with the PC adaptations of the English language.

Okay, for the sake of polite discussion, let's stipulate that calling someone a "bigot" isn't name calling. How do you feel about "fool?" How about "anti-social?" "Disgusting?" "Deviant?" The "Q" word?

I'll accept the validity of "bigot" as just an "observation" if you'll accept the other "observations" I've listed.

Deal?

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 12:07 pm
Sodomy is both illegal and

Sodomy is both illegal and immoral in Texas....I guess that nullifies someone's argument.

myfather15
myfather15 02/14/13 - 12:08 pm
So now Nanowerx is saying

So now Nanowerx is saying someone born attracted to certain human beings needs to be treated for mental illness? Wow is that intolerant!! A person born with particular sexual attraction has a mental illness Nanowerx? Yet, we must be tolerant of one, but treat the other; hmmmm, you might be onto something there.

Would you apply this to polygamists Nanowerx? Just curious because those are consentual relationships between adults; where no one is getting hurt.

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 12:08 pm
Harley....my observation is

Harley....my observation is "repeated displays of intolerance."

nanowerx
nanowerx 02/14/13 - 12:10 pm
Hmmm...

You really need to brush up on your knowledge of the constitution. Separation of church and state is right there in the 1st Amendment:

"Separation of church and state" (sometimes "wall of separation between church and state") is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. The phrase has since been repeatedly cited by the Supreme Court of the United States.

also, I love how you are calling me the bigot now. Trying a little reverse psychology? I don't agree with your opinion, but I am not against you or anything you do. You are against and saying it is immoral to be a certain group of people; that is what a bigot it (just like racists who hate black people for being black and hate muslims simply for being muslim), not disagreeing with an opinion...

Humble Angela 02/14/13 - 12:10 pm
Myfather15

We must treat incest between adults, but not homosexuals? I wonder how nanowerx would feel about that? No one is hurt...right?