Don't allow gays in Scouts

As a former Scout member, I would like to somehow vote for Scouting to maintain its current membership policy, and not bow down to pressure from the gay community to allow open or avowed homosexuals, or anyone who engages in behavior that would become a distraction to the mission of the Boy Scouts of America.

The Scout Oath calls for members to do their duty “to God” and to stay “morally straight.” The Scout Law states that a Scout is “reverent.” The majority of Americans adhere to the beliefs of the Holy Bible, in which the God of this Bible speaks against the homosexual lifestyle. Therefore, if the BSA changes its membership policy to include the gay agenda, then it must change its Scout Oath and Scout Law. If not, confusion would rule the BSA world.

If you cannot stand for something, you will fall for anything. This is not about judging others, but it has everything to do with what has worked all these years. And it is about fighting for one’s beliefs.

One solution: Let the gay community form its own Scouting organization. Then they would be acting like the BSA, whose agenda does not include merit badges for trying to force its beliefs/lifestyles onto the gay community.

William Getha

Evans

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/11/13 - 07:39 pm
If something is a grave moral

If something is a grave moral offense, it is a sin. The Bible describes sin as the breaking, or transgression, of God's law. If God's law states a man lying with a man as he does a woman is an abomination, then it is a sin.

Keep deluding yourself. I know it makes you feel better.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 02/11/13 - 07:41 pm
It didn't make the top 10,

It didn't make the top 10, though.

allhans
allhans 02/11/13 - 07:44 pm
i.e...Noah and the Ark..Noah

i.e...Noah and the Ark..Noah was told by God to take a pair, a male and a female, not two males or two females of all species of life on board his ark. Why? Because they would need to procreate....
That is a fact of life...

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 02/11/13 - 07:46 pm
Now, I got it. Thanks,

Now, I got it. Thanks, Allhans.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/11/13 - 07:48 pm
burninater, I neither have

burninater, I neither have the time or deem it necessary to go into a long explanation of the civil laws, the moral laws, and the Ten Commandments. It wouldn't do any good because any explanation would not change your mind. It is an old excuse used by many that because we dress in different clothing material, eat shellfish, and don't kill our children for disobeying, that somehow eliminates the sin of homosexual conduct. It's a sin like any other sin and just because you don't agree does not somehow transform it into being okay.

carcraft
carcraft 02/11/13 - 07:50 pm
Burninater Being only 3 to 5%

Burninater Being only 3 to 5% of the population they make up 32% of sexual predators. 73% admit to having had sex with someone 16 to 19 years old • In The Gay Report, by homosexual researchers Karla Jay and Allen Young, the authors report data showing that 73 percent of homosexuals surveyed had at some time had sex with boys sixteen to nineteen years of age or younger."[37].. A study in Archives of Sexual Behavior found that homosexual men are attracted to young males. The study compared the sexual age preferences of heterosexual men, heterosexual women, homosexual men, and lesbians. The results showed that, in marked contrast to the other three categories, "all but 9 of the 48 homosexual men preferred the youngest two male age categories," which included males as young as age fifteen.[36]. hmmm doesn't speak to highly for being around children. What group is going to be more interested in being around children? So just select one part of the studies…Now if we could only identify the 27% who had not had sex with young boys...you might be on to something!

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/11/13 - 07:51 pm
So Palmetto, since it didn't

So Palmetto, since it didn't make it in the top 10, somehow that means it's okay. Poor logic.

burninater
burninater 02/11/13 - 07:57 pm
If God's law states a man

Keep deluding yourself. I know it makes you feel better.
--------

ICL, God's law also states the following to be abominations: The eating of osprey, Water hens, Shellfish, or Swarming animals. Three day leftovers. Graven images (crucifix, anyone?). Incense. Adultery. Diverse weights and measures. Two kinds of weights in the same bag.

I could go on and on.

I, you say, am delusional? I have not cherry-picked the single abomination that fits my predetermined view of the world while disregarding all of the rest as irrelevant. I have not personally redacted the Word of God to fit my personal bias.

ymnbde
ymnbde 02/11/13 - 08:00 pm
why don't we all just let the liberals raise our children ?

after all, most parents are just homophobic ignorant violent misogynistic (even the moms) chauvinistic racist (no matter the race) antisemitic gun toting neanderthals who want old people to die and children to be sick and go hungry and don't know a thing about raising children anyway and should be thankful the government lets their children spend the night in their own house. The people who write tv shows to guide our culture and the bureaucrats who write education guidelines to indoctrinate the young before their parents can do irreparable harm and those fluent in the language of political correctness are simply the better flesh. Thank goodness we have a group of people to control our irrational thoughts and actions. They are the master race, and hey! They even tolerate Jews!

burninater
burninater 02/11/13 - 08:02 pm
Being only 3 to 5% of the

Being only 3 to 5% of the population they make up 32% of sexual predators.
-----
Carcraft, your linked study in no way demonstrates that fact. The study was of a convicted population. The presumption that heterosexual pedophilia and homosexual pedophilia were equally identified and prosecuted -- particularly nearly 20 years ago -- is unsupported by the study. Considering the stronger stigma of homosexuality, I would wager that homosexual pedophiles are identified and convicted at a higher rate than heterosexual pedophiles.

burninater
burninater 02/11/13 - 08:16 pm
burninater, I neither have

-----
That is because you have zero legitimate scriptural basis to assert that God condemned homosexuality as being any more sinful than eating shellfish or wearing wool blend sweaters. You have decided, of your own volition, to establish a difference of degree between things described by God to equally be abominations.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/11/13 - 08:35 pm
"I have not cherry-picked the

"I have not cherry-picked the single abomination that fits my predetermined view of the world while disregarding all of the rest as irrelevant. I have not personally redacted the Word of God to fit my personal bias."

Any neither have I. It's not my problem if you don't understand scripture and the signifcance of the Old Testament laws and the fulfillment of those laws through the New Covanent. It's not my problem if you do not understand the difference in ritual, ceremonial, or civil laws, why some guidelines for righteous living still apply and will always apply and why some guidelines are not applicable to today's living.

carcraft
carcraft 02/11/13 - 09:11 pm
Burninater, So your

Burninater, So your supposition is now taken over the study? Find a study that supports your supposition or we will just take your word for it! Gotcha! Did you notice there is a study that indicates a high rate of female molestation by those that also molested boys! Of course if these studies don't support your position they must be wrong.

carcraft
carcraft 02/11/13 - 09:18 pm
In the book of Acts we are

In the book of Acts we are told to avoid sexual immorality . The first part of the book of Romans is condemning of homosexuality. David had multiple wives and the fruit was not good. Absolum tried to seize David's throne. One son,Amnon raped his 1/2 sister Tamar. After David dies there was a scramble for the throne! Perhaps this was a warning? David and Bathsheba's child was died because of their wickedness and David was not allowed to build God's Temple because of his violant nature. Sort of a mixed bag!By Jesus time it was one man and one women! That has been the Christian standard ever since!

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/11/13 - 08:56 pm
"That is because you have

"That is because you have zero legitimate scriptural basis "

Like I said, it's not my problem you do not understand scripture. Saying the Word does not speak on sexual immorality because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. ANY sexual relationship outside the bonds of marriage is a SIN. Then you say, well let the homosexuals marry then it won't be a sin. Oh but it would because in His Word he explains his guidelines for marriage in Matthew.

Matthew 19: 4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

So if according to God's guidelines, He made male and female, the male should leave his parents, cleave to his WIFE (the female) and they shall be one flesh....no where did he say a man should cleave to his male partner or a female should cleave to her female partner.

1 Timothy 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;'

The phrase Paul uses “defiling themselves with mankind” is another link of homosexual behavior to disobedience and uncompatible to sound or acceptable Christian doctrine. You can argue that Paul said it not God but the Word of God is God's breath and the men who wrote the scriptures were inspired by God so it is as if God wrote the words Himself.

You can argue all you like, you can disbelieve all you want, but the Word of God is Truth, will remain the Truth, and no amount of disbelief will change what His Word says.

faithson
faithson 02/11/13 - 09:15 pm
yadda, yadda,yadda...

how well meaning people can take stories that were hundreds upon hundreds of years old before they were written down, are relative to our post-modern times and our advance we must make to keep up with the information age is illogical from a Vulcan's point of view. Wonderful history about the early human times in this literature, and as with the ten commandments, a wisdom that has served all peoples of our planet.

carcraft
carcraft 02/11/13 - 09:20 pm
faithson- just as updated as

faithson- just as updated as it can be, something about history repeating it's self, David and Bathsheba are about as close as Bill and Monica's thong, maybe if old Bill had read his Bible a little bit better...LOL

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/11/13 - 09:20 pm
burniater, Jude 1:7 speaks

burniater, Jude 1:7 speaks about going after strange flesh or "other flesh"; meaning not other women besides their own wives, but men and suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Titus 1:16 "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." The word here abominable is Βδελυκτοι. This word sometimes refers to unnatural lusts which is a sin.

So burninater you can continue to say God never said anything about homosexual behavior being a sin in the New Testament but I have just showed you over and over again scripture that speaks against sexually immoral behavior. What is wonderful to also understand is that even through homosexual behavior is a sin, it can be forgiven. Whether God takes those feelings for same sex individuals is up to the Almighty Himself, but I stand on His Word when He said if we ask with a pure heart in His name, He will answer our prayer.

We are all chasing rabbits here and need to get back to the original article concerning the BSA and whether they should or should not allow homosexual leaders to teach in the BSA.

burninater
burninater 02/11/13 - 09:24 pm
ICL, the Matthew verse

ICL, the Matthew verse specifically describes why divorce of a heterosexual couple is sinful. Zero mention of homosexuality.

Whose word is that in Timothy, ICL? I'll give you a hint: not God's. Paul was neither the first, nor the last, human to hold the delusion that his words were God's Word.

It is exceptionally ironic that someone that disparages someone else's knowledge of Scripture is repeatedly unable to justify or defend their selective interpretation of the Word of God.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/11/13 - 09:25 pm
"yadda, yadda,yadda... " Wow,

"yadda, yadda,yadda... "

Wow, such a mature response.

burninater
burninater 02/11/13 - 09:27 pm
Neither Jude 1 nor Titus 1

Neither Jude 1 nor Titus 1 specifically identify homosexuality either. Again, you are putting your own meaning into Scripture and claiming it to be God's meaning.

faithson
faithson 02/11/13 - 09:28 pm
Car

Read some Joesph Campbell to understand some of that, there are no updates to the basics.
ps; History is rife with monica luwinski's, we don't need the OT to understand that.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/11/13 - 09:33 pm
burn, although Matthew speaks

burn, although Matthew speaks about divorce of hetersexual couples, His Word clearly states what His view is of marriage. You can't disgard verses 4, 5, and 6 just because you don't like or agree with them.

burninater you are under a misconception....I neither need to justify or defend the Word of God. You don't believe it...that's fine by me. Doesn't make you right but you are free to believe it.

faithson
faithson 02/11/13 - 09:34 pm
sorry ICL

that was just my first thought as I glanced all those references to the Good Book. I only find the 4 Gospels to be of use, but I appreciate your contention that there may be more.

faithson
faithson 02/11/13 - 09:41 pm
"As for Paul, He was a

"As for Paul, He was a message from God and as it also states in scripture that ALL scripture is inspired by God. So whatever Paul, or Matthew, or Jude or Moses wrote, it is The Word of God. You don't agree, that's fine....doesn't make it any less God's Word." Heard the exact same sermon last Sunday only it was the Pope who held all the cards. Had me reeling. Poor Theology makes for Poor sermons.

carcraft
carcraft 02/11/13 - 09:57 pm
Once again off the subject of

Once again off the subject of gays in the scouts and onto the prohibition laws of Leviticus, a topic ripe for distraction!

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/11/13 - 10:02 pm
"Neither Jude 1 nor Titus 1

"Neither Jude 1 nor Titus 1 specifically identify homosexuality either. "

LOL....as I stated earlier....I have proven through scripture time and time again that the New Testament speak against sexual immorality and you can keep denying it. Jude and Titus both speak about unnatural lust, sexual sin, going after strange flesh (which definite speak of homosexual conduct). It's not my word but God's Word.

burninater
burninater 02/11/13 - 10:06 pm
No ICL, it is your word, not

No ICL, it is your word, not God's. You have chosen to interpret unnatural lust, or sexual sin, or going after strange flesh, as references to homosexuality. God's Word explicitly does not do so. The only place where God's own language can be determined to specifically refer to homosexuality, it is put in the same category as the eating of shellfish and the wearing of wool blend. I am sorry that fact bothers you -- take it up with God, not me.

burninater
burninater 02/11/13 - 10:24 pm
If I were a racist, I could

If I were a racist, I could just as easily make the claim that unnatural lust, sexual sin, and going after strange flesh were obvious references to interracial relations -- and as with the claim that they refer to homosexuality, it would be my words, not God's.

If I were a classist, I could say these interdictions refer to interheirarchy relations.

If I were a religious bigot, I could claim these were interdictions against the "strange flesh" of the Pentecostal! Or the Methodist! And on and on.

Ambiguous language can be used to justify almost any pre-existing conclusion.

This makes the fact that when specific language was used, and it equated homosexuality to eating food on the third day, for example, it becomes that much more difficult to justify man's interpretations of ambiguous phrases as having dramatically different meanings than God's own specific language.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/11/13 - 10:25 pm
"I am sorry that fact bothers

"I am sorry that fact bothers you -- take it up with God, not me."

Sorry burninater, that's just your opinion and I don't have a problem with my facts. I've discussed it multiple of times with my Heavenly Father since this is a major issue in our society today and He's provided much scriptural reference not only pertaining to homosexual behavior but sexual immorality in general. I do believe someone who's within the family would have a better understanding of what my Heavenly Father considers a sin since it's all the same to those outside the family. Like I said, you don't have to agree or like it, doesn't change the truth.