Don't allow gays in Scouts

As a former Scout member, I would like to somehow vote for Scouting to maintain its current membership policy, and not bow down to pressure from the gay community to allow open or avowed homosexuals, or anyone who engages in behavior that would become a distraction to the mission of the Boy Scouts of America.

The Scout Oath calls for members to do their duty “to God” and to stay “morally straight.” The Scout Law states that a Scout is “reverent.” The majority of Americans adhere to the beliefs of the Holy Bible, in which the God of this Bible speaks against the homosexual lifestyle. Therefore, if the BSA changes its membership policy to include the gay agenda, then it must change its Scout Oath and Scout Law. If not, confusion would rule the BSA world.

If you cannot stand for something, you will fall for anything. This is not about judging others, but it has everything to do with what has worked all these years. And it is about fighting for one’s beliefs.

One solution: Let the gay community form its own Scouting organization. Then they would be acting like the BSA, whose agenda does not include merit badges for trying to force its beliefs/lifestyles onto the gay community.

William Getha

Evans

myfather15
myfather15 02/11/13 - 04:36 am
Why not just use "Don't ask,

Why not just use "Don't ask, don't tell"? Why is it the SECULAR LEFT homosexual community always has to push their agenda upon everyone else and do so out in the open. Let people serve in the Boy Scouts, just keep your private life, PRIVATE!! We don't need to hear about it!! The reason I say secular left homosexual community, is because I personally know MANY gays and know they don't share this same agenda as the secular leftists. They don't try to push their way into EVERY aspect of life, drastically changing the culture. They just want to live peaceful quiet lives. It's the secular leftists of the world that are trying to destroy ANY form of decency related to God.

But, if this is pushed and passed; every single person of honor and integrity should immediately withdraw their children from the Boy Scouts and CRIPPLE them!!! The Boy Scouts should STAND STRONG and if they don't have the guts to do so, WE THE PEOPLE have the power, cripple them by pulling your children OUT. Parents should stick together and form another similar organization.

deestafford
deestafford 02/11/13 - 07:06 am
Well said.

The national scout council thinks they are loosing sponsoship money now with their no-gays policy, just wait until and if they pass a change and allow homosexuals in the scouts. The money will hemmorage away from them. I agree that the homosexuals should form their own organization if they want to learn those skills.

WalterBradfordCannon
WalterBradfordCannon 02/11/13 - 07:06 am
Boy scouts are accepting of

Boy scouts are accepting of virtually every major world religion. This includes a great number (Episcopalian, Presbyterian) in which homosexuality is not considered immoral. Biological science evidence has mounted over the years that homosexuality is not a choice, but is biologically determined by the time you are born. Whenever religion stands in opposition to science, it eventually ends poorly for religion, whether it is Galileo against the Catholic Church, or Charles Darwin against Paul Broun.

ColCo
ColCo 02/11/13 - 07:51 am
Avoiding the issue

I agree that this move is mostly a financial issue to the national organization. Each troop, pack or crew must have a non-profit as it's charter organization that "sponsors" the group. Churches and 501 C3's that act as the chartering organizations, possibly the Scoutmasters, their assistants and unit committees will now become the targets of public pressure and legal actions if they don't admit openly gay leaders and openly gay scouts. I've been involved as a Scout and as an adult leader for over 20 years and have never heard any youth or adult quizzed about their sexual preference. Nice of BSA national to pass the buck on to us at the local level.

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/11/13 - 08:55 am
It's a free country and if

It's a free country and if the Scouts want to do it then what aya gonna do? Upon reflection I think I would rather have a nice gay scout leader a little sensitive than some subhuman neanderthal bubba who screams the spartan way. Your kids are definitely safer with the gay guy. Hee,hee,hee.

Gary Ross
Gary Ross 02/11/13 - 08:58 am
Is no institution safe anymore?

How can a non-profit organization like United Way dictate the rules for another non-profit organization like the Boy Scouts? I will never again support United Way for what they are doing. It is morally wrong, as is their agenda. They and the extreme left are attempting to throw all our sacred organizations (Church, BSA, etc.) into a big melting pot and out will come a bland blob of a society with no backbone. Why? Because we will be easy to control that way.

May the Scout Oath and Laws stand as a lighted beacon for decent folks forever!

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 02/11/13 - 09:29 am
Not sure why....

Any organization needs to know someone's sexual orientation. That's so far off my radar screen. I don't go around touting my heterosexuality and frankly I don't wanna know what yours is. ( Just for the record, I don't care one way or the other if you are straight or gay or bisexual or transgender) Live your life the way you want and quit trying to force me to accept it. I am not asking you to accept mine and what I do in the privacy of my home is just what it says...PRIVATE!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 09:52 am
Black beauty pageants and

Black beauty pageants and black prom dances...........hmmmm.... How many other beauty pageants and proms exclude blacks?

allhans
allhans 02/11/13 - 10:01 am
I wouldn't want my son, if I

I wouldn't want my son, if I had one, which I don't, to have a homosexual scout leader...

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 02/11/13 - 10:26 am
WalterBradfordCanon

How do you explain all of those that have successfully left the homosexual lifestyle thanks to ministries like Exodus International. Many former homosexuals are now leading normal heterosexual lives. This would not be possible if your suggestion were correct. Live's choices always comes down to a decision. You and other secular progressives would like to make every sinful decision man makes beyond his control. The Word of God is a real irritant to your world view and must be dismissed. I read an article online about a month ago in which stated the following:
European genetic researchers suggest that pedophilia may be kinked to genetic factors. It won't be long before you folks will have completely eliminated sin from the face of the earth. The only real sin in you mind is to believe the Word of God.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 10:32 am
I firmly believe that people

I firmly believe that people are born desiring relations with the same sex. You have no control over what you desire. However. There are people who desire relations with relatives, and who desire relations with people who are MUCH younger. They can't control who they desire, but they CAN control what they do about that desire. To use as an excuse "I was born that way" would be JUST as valid an excuse for pedophilia as any other perversion. That is my opinion.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 10:56 am
No....what I see, is that

No....what I see, is that many on the left will stop at nothing to make sexual perversion become socially acceptable by saying "they are born that way." Where does it stop?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 11:07 am
"What may be true is that

"What may be true is that some former gays are now leading what for them are ABNORMAL and UNNATURAL heterosexual lives."

Just like there are many pedophiles that are living abnormal and unnatural lives with partners of their own age.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 11:15 am
It makes perfect sense. Both

It makes perfect sense. Both homosexuals and pedophiles desire sexual perversion, and both are capable of restraining themselves like civilized people. The left seems to want to remove barriers to perverted activities.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 02/11/13 - 11:19 am
Seriously, Billy Boy? I

Seriously, Billy Boy? I mean, seriously? GEEZUS.

carcraft
carcraft 02/11/13 - 11:59 am
Sexual preferance is difficult to catagorize,

Sexual preferance is hard to catogorize but here is some interesting data that seems to indicate that male homosexuals probably should not be in the scouts of any gender. • A study of male child sex offenders in Child Abuse and Neglect found that fourteen percent targeted only males, and a further 28 percent chose males as well as females as victims, thus indicating that 42 percent of male pedophiles engaged in homosexual molestation.
Michele Elliott, “Child Sexual Abuse Prevention: What Offenders Tell Us,� Child Abuse and Neglect 19 (1995): 581.
A study in Archives of Sexual Behavior found that homosexual men are attracted to young males. The study compared the sexual age preferences of heterosexual men, heterosexual women, homosexual men, and lesbians. The results showed that, in marked contrast to the other three categories, "all but 9 of the 48 homosexual men preferred the youngest two male age categories," which included males as young as age fifteen.[36]
• In The Gay Report, by homosexual researchers Karla Jay and Allen Young, the authors report data showing that 73 percent of homosexuals surveyed had at some time had sex with boys sixteen to nineteen years of age or younger."[37]
Conversely, Homosexual Pedophiles are Often Attracted to Adult Males
• A study of sex offenders against male children in Behavior Research and Therapy found that male homosexual pedophiles are sexually attracted to "males of all ages." Compared to non-offenders, the offenders showed "greater arousal" to slides of nude males as old as twenty-four: "As a group, the child molesters responsed [sp] with moderate sexual arousal . . . to the nude males of all ages."[38]
So please explain to me how we identify only homosexuals who are only attracted to adult males? The statistics just don't seem to be on the pro homosexual side!

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 02/11/13 - 12:00 pm
Taking a flight this

Taking a flight this afternoon. Leaving Humble Angela's world of black and white and headed for the wonderful world of color.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 12:01 pm
I think I found out what the

I think I found out what the second E in EEL is for! So as long as YOU say it is acceptable behavior, then it must be so. No one else's opinions have validity. Makes sense.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 12:06 pm
All argument aside, the BSA

All argument aside, the BSA is a private organization, and should not be pressured to accept anyone they don't want......but the left DEMANDS inclusion........as usual.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/11/13 - 12:06 pm
Another View

EEL posted:

Defending the Scouts' anti-gay policies is all about . . . using the Bible to justify base, visceral, willfully ignorant prejudice.

No, I don't think so. For some of us, it is about not subjecting boys to scout leaders who would use their positions of authority to recruit the boys for sexual activity.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 12:07 pm
Consensual same sex CAN be a

Consensual same sex CAN be a perversion. How about a man and his adult daughter? Again...where does it stop? Just because YOU say it is acceptable does NOT make it so....but I'll never convince you of that.

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/11/13 - 12:09 pm
Isn't it a Catch 22 of being

Isn't it a Catch 22 of being judgmental of christians for their beliefs? Secular humanist judge christians-christians point out sin defined by their belief (which isn't really their judgment) and the wheel goes round and round.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 12:10 pm
Exactly, Bizkit.....they

Exactly, Bizkit.....they demand you accept their beliefs, but claim yours must change.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/11/13 - 12:20 pm
Trail the Eagle

EEL posted:

Finally, it heartens me to read how dramatically the views of the American public are shifting on the issue of adult, consensual, same-sex relations and marriage.

The debate over the Boy Scout policies has nothing to do with consensual, same-sex relations. Rather it is about scout leaders enticing and recruiting boys for sex instead of leading them in traditional Boy Scout activities. Most people don’t want that.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/11/13 - 12:20 pm
Thank-you EEL....you are

Thank-you EEL....you are proving my point....YOU say it is acceptable, so it must be so. How can I argue with that?

faithson
faithson 02/11/13 - 12:29 pm
natural proclivity

I always find the argument that young men are so sexually 'impressionable' to be spurious. I and probably most of the men on these boards are born with an 'eye' towards the opposite sex. No amount of influence was going to change that. I am sure the same goes for women. Instead of inculcating fear, and using that as the basis for believing in the perversion of of other people's proclivities, one would do better to embrace their own life choices and leave others their's. Tolerance comes to mind, a counter to self-righteousness.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/11/13 - 12:31 pm
Oh Yes,

I can see it now.....

"Join The Gay Boy Scout Of America"

Our Scout Law is - Learn the true meaning of Morality!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/11/13 - 12:33 pm
Tolerance?

Well, faithson, if we must tolerate homosexual molesting, must we also tolerate heterosexual molesting between adults and children?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/11/13 - 12:37 pm
Oath

I guess the Boy Scouts will have to amend their Scout Oath:

On my honor I will do my best . . . to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight, gay, bi-, or tranny.

ymnbde
ymnbde 02/11/13 - 12:42 pm
leave children out of it

if the left can't make a persuasive argument to adults, i guess they go after the more impressionable kids. 14 year old boys do not have the emotional band width to handle what is really meant by "gay". When boys see a heterosexual man, they don't think "sex". The same is not true when they see a homosexual man.

1988 Graniteville slaying still unsolved
Aiken County police were certain Wendell Kenneth Gilbert's 1988 death was drug-related, but they never found his killer, who fled in a red Ford Mustang.