Liberal's letter irrational

Once again we are treated to the ravings and rants of the expellee from the worker’s paradise, Cuba. His letter (“Now, scrutinize Reagan,” Feb. 3) reinforces the view that liberal ideologues have limited reasoning powers.

Check the following excursions into irrational thought and total denial of truth:

Did the writer confuse transcendent with transparent? Certainly it is not difficult to see through President Obama’s socialist agenda. He wants the feds to control everything from what you eat to how you protect your home.

The writer does not seem to know what campaigning means. It is what Obama has been doing since he was elected. Denial!

If there ever was a contradiction in terms, it is his point that compromising with the GOP labeled Obama a radical socialist. What? Does this make sense to anyone? Since when does compromising with conservatives make you a radical leftist? Plus, it never happened! Makes you wonder about the hypocrisy of those who escape brutal communist dictatorships only to attack the country that affords them freedom of speech.

Exactly how does a president go over the head of Congress by acting and using his voice?

As usual, the writer fails to cite evidence, but does say that President Reagan was “accused” of “suggesting” a delay in the release of Iran’s American hostages. He fails to say if the Ayatollah Khomeini acted on either the “accusation,” “suggestion” or both.

It is more likely that the ayatollah was impressed by the botched rescue attempt by one of the worst presidents in our history – Jimmy Carter!

Quiz: What political view would you attribute to such behavior – liberal or conservative? You know the answer! People like that would not have been welcome among our Founding Fathers who openly pledged their fortunes and lives for the cause of freedom.

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/06/13 - 02:29 pm
I believe it was the Rep

I believe it was the Rep party that pioneered women' suffrage and equal rights.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/06/13 - 02:45 pm
Was it conservatives or

Was it conservatives or liberals that passed laws in WA on what coffee is allowed to be sold? Is it liberals or conservatives who are leading the attempted ban on my choice of how to defend myself? Dahreese makes this far to easy.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/06/13 - 02:46 pm
Dahreese, check your email.

Dahreese, check your email. I'm sure Sean sent you a letter telling you why your posts were removed, and if you stop using insulting names for other posters when they disagree with your opinion, or when they prove you wrong, they won't get pulled.

dahreese
dahreese 02/06/13 - 02:48 pm
@Bizkit

" I didn't mean to imply you babble but I didn't understand what you were saying. Peace :)"

As far as the yacking back and forth, it's give and take....

The Athens Banner-Herald, is not so sensitive as long as someone is not threatened.

About 65/35 or 40 conservative vs liberal opinions with that paper.

"I believe it was the Rep party that pioneered women' suffrage and equal rights."

We aren't talking political parties, we're talking liberals vs conservatives - something conservative commentors on these forums can't seem to distinguish between.

dahreese
dahreese 02/06/13 - 02:55 pm
@Humble Angela

He and I had a few back and forth discussions.

A number of conservative comments yesterday about homosexuals were homophobic.

KSL
KSL 02/06/13 - 02:55 pm
Dahreese, you need to stop

Dahreese, you need to stop implying that conservatives are stupid. You do that continually.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/06/13 - 03:10 pm
Disagreeing with homosexual

Disagreeing with homosexual lifestyle does NOT make a person FEAR homosexuals. "Homophobic" is a very misused word. It often gets used by liberals when you disagree with them in an attempt to belittle them. THAT is why your posts get removed.

dahreese
dahreese 02/06/13 - 03:34 pm
@Humble Angela

"...Disagreeing with homosexual lifestyle...."

Meaning what "lifestyle" , exactly; that they go to work, church, vote, buy groceries, are into politics?

I don't think that's what is meant....

What is meant by disagreeing with the "homosexual LIFESTYLE" is nothing but a "I'm holier than thou" by putting them down because of the manner in which they express themselves via physical touch, in particular, the way they have sex!

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/06/13 - 04:17 pm
You mean progressive vs

You mean progressive vs conservative, there is nothing liberal about progressives. Liberals believe in small-transparent govt, free market-capitalism, all forms of social liberalism-speech, religion, etc. I disagree with conservatives too,, and accept that both progressives and conservatives have "some" good ideas. Calling someone homophobic is'nt an argument-just the lack of one nor ist it a clinical condition just at term coined in the 60s. It is meant to be derogatory towards peoples free speech or antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, hatred or fear of homosexuals. Many young homosexuals discovering their sexuality are homophobic by this defintion-hence the history we see. But you can be anti-zionist without being anti-semitic, and you can be against gangs without prejudice towards hispanics or african americans. Thus you could be against gay marriage without any prejudice towards homosexuality. Many faiths define marriage as between a man and woman (much as Bill Clinton did with his law) but that has nothing to do with homosexuals or a prejudice towards them-just their belief it is between a man and women-not man and animal, man and bird, man and man, etc. We now also see some faiths marrying homosexuals which supports it isn't a prejudice but legalism of a faith.

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/06/13 - 04:31 pm
But you know in America

But you know in America people have a right to be prejudiced. We see it in all the races (which aren't even a biological entity and much ado over nada). I noted today how a Duke fraternity had an asian party and everyone was having a hissy fit-gee lost their sense of humor. I protest often that asians are the race most discriminated against so I am sensitive to their cause, however this just seems ridiculous. It's a frat party-what do expect but juvenile behavior.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/06/13 - 04:52 pm
Not approving of what someone

Not approving of what someone does is in no way saying you are "holier than thou." (I seem to detect some transference taking place.) Calling people names because they disagree with you is acting "holier than thou, however.

I'm certain that you know what I meant by "lifestyle." The attempt to feign ignorance is not becoming. I know well that homosexuals go to work, church, vote, buy groceries, are into politics. They also have sex with people of the same sex, which I and most American's find repulsive. They do not require my approval, but my not approving does not in any way make me "phobic" of them. Calling someone "homophobic" is simply an ad-hominem attack, and frankly it is the exact same sort of intolerance that you and others accuse the so-called "homophobic" of in the first place......intolerance of their beliefs.

myfather15
myfather15 02/06/13 - 04:51 pm
"against racial segregation,

"against racial segregation, against child labor, for the rights of a woman to control her own body, for women in politics, for women in the pulpit, and are now leading the fight against discrimination against homosexuals...? "

No, actually it hasn't been the liberals fighting for this the last 100 years, but the last 20 or so, they really love to take credit. It was conservatives who fought so hard for equal rights.

Liberals have fought so hard for women to control their own body and for racial equality, about the same as Margaret Sanger did when she founded planned parenthood. Margaret Sanger was a devout RACIST who even attended KKK meetings and said she enjoyed them. But liberals are so ignorant of truth, they will tout her as a champion of civil rights. They don't even realized she created Planned Parenthood for the purpose of SELECTIVE BIRTH in favor of eugenics!! She KNEW it would be poor people and BLACKS especially that would FLOOD the doors. She wanted to get rid of people she didn't approve of, especially BLACK people. She was brilliant, and the suckers who would believe it's liberals who are most interested in their civil rights, are right in line with those flocking to Planned Parenthood. A bunch of idiots with no idea what they are talking about.

Yet, every year it is MINORITIES by far that flock to Planned Parenthood, thinking they are doing a good service for them. All the while, Margaret Sanger is laughing at them in her grave; probably saying "Those idiots still don't see the truth. My plan of eugenics is working, long after my death".

Recently, Al Gore came out in support of eugenics, as have many leftists. Does eugenics sound like a good civil rights movement? No, but it is the TRUTH of what the radical left would love to see implemented. I've said it many times, they would get rid of ANYONE who disagrees with them in a heartbeat, and I mean KILL THEM, is exactly what they would do.

If the hard secular left every does completely take over this Country, minorities and everyone else they don't approve of, had better be scared! They would do away with us in a heartbeat because they believe themselves to be superior human beings, and we are all just simpletons who have no good purpose in life, because we just cling to our Bibles and guns. We are idiots, less educated, not deep thinkers. We just hold our Bibles, which to them; just makes us bigger idiots.

The left being Champions of civil rights? Give me a break. The only thing the left are champions of is Confusion and LYING!!

Was it the left that voted in the 13th Amendment? NO, it wasn't; educated yourselves about it.

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/06/13 - 04:58 pm
Look at all the hate towards

Look at all the hate towards gun owners now. The Sandy Hooks killer didin't own a gun-but sure liked violent games and vidoes. Why attack guns (and innocent gun owners) and not gamers or the internet. WHO suggest we should ban some games from youth and monitor youth exposure to violence on the internet to address the root of violence. Why not attack that? With over 300 million guns already here what laws, etc will really do anything. If it is possible then we could also deport every single illegal alien in america -which isn't what I'm proposing. The wealthy have been successfully demonized for doing nothing but playing the game fair and square and succeeding at least the vast majority. Why does Obama try so hard to further divide a divided nation-we need a leader to bring everyone to the table not just those he favors.

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/06/13 - 05:46 pm
Here is a true story told to

Here is a true story told to me from a physician friend. They had an african-american patient who she and her newborn child tested for AIDS. The source was the father who from his history it was discovered he had a long term sexual relationship with another male in his family. He adamantly and angrily denied he was homosexual just liked an occassional romp with his uncle. Now Dareese if you challenged his intellect or called him a homophobe would that mean you are a racist????? However remember of all ethicities african-americasn are the least accepting of homosexuality and gay marriage. Hispanics use to be but apparently they are changing. So "you" would likely call african-americans "homophobes" which would paint you as a racist wouldn't it. At least that is what Dem and progressives are doing all the time-to ever challenge african-americans in any way is considered racist.

carcraft
carcraft 02/06/13 - 05:29 pm
dahreese- More to it than

dahreese- More to it than life style and buying groceries. It involves having unbridled fornication. We had one soldier when I was in Korea who had over 30 different sexual partners in one month. The gay bath houses where one walked around and performed sexual acts with strangers. Venereal disease and aids flourished because of this type of activity. I have seen and taken care of gay people who have hurt themselves for just a little more sexual pleasure. Then we have issues like the childish desire to force society to accept them regardless of the cost. I am an Episcopalian and what gays have done to the Episcopal Church is almost criminal. The Episcopal Church had over 2million members a few years ago, we are now down to about 1.8 million and I think that figure is fudged. The Episcopal Catechism defines marriage as between a man and a women. That is the official teaching of the Episcopal Church. The Episcopal Church defines Fornication as sex between two people who are not married. The Episcopal Church has held these common Christian beliefs and practices for its entire existence. Now the gays come along and say you change your definitions, beliefs, and practices to accommodate us. Well the leadership of the Episcopla Church has bought into the idea that the Church changes to conform to the sinner instead of the sinner conforming to the Church. So the Episcopal Church is trying to going to extraordinary lengths to avoid changing the official teachings yet denying the truth of what it once taught. The reason the Episcopal Church is losing members is because many of the young people see the total hypocrisy in the Church. None of my 5 cradle raised Episcopalian children are still in the Church, two are Baptists one is Catholic and two are looking! It is more than a life style It is destructive .

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/06/13 - 05:47 pm
Carcraft I think Elvis has

Carcraft I think Elvis has left the building-thank you very much.

carcraft
carcraft 02/06/13 - 06:07 pm
YOUR WELCOME!

YOUR WELCOME!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/06/13 - 06:15 pm
What about my

What about my welcome?.....sorry.......it's the grammar nazi in me. ;-)

gargoyle
gargoyle 02/06/13 - 06:17 pm
"The US is much closer to a

"The US is much closer to a system of plutocraracy, oligarchy, or corporatocracy than any that would grant power to the masses."
~~Techfan

After seeing the results of the last election AND listening to the folks in Washington, I believe we are fast becoming an Idiocracy!

dahreese
dahreese 02/06/13 - 06:37 pm
I'm not gone......

You folks got me outnumbered and I can't keep up and respond to all of your remarks at one time (I do have a life besides this one).

But to comment to Carcraft, first.

I have made no secret of, nor am I ashamed of, the fact that two of my five children are homosexuals. They didn't chose it anymore than they chose their ethnicity or the culture they were born in to. Their birth circumstances are no different than mine or yours - they are who they are.

We aren't interested in a homosexual relationship and they aren't interested in a "straight" relationship.

You say "It involves having unbridled fornication." Well, how many times must someone "straight" have sex outside of marriage before it becomes "unbridled fornication?"

"Now the gays come along and say you change your definitions, beliefs, and practices to accommodate us."

Quite honestly, it isn't just gays. I earned a goodly bit of my income from working in churches and my ex-wife is a seminary trainned, Presbyterian ordained minister. And I can tell you honestly that it isn't gays, but society itself is redefining what it means to be "the Church."

"The reason the Episcopal Church is losing members is because many of the young people see the total hypocrisy in the Church."

I understand the way you meant this sentence.

What once were mainstream churches, Presbyterian, Methodist, Episcoplian, etc. are all losing membership. The brighter people who have left and are leaving "are" doing so because of the hypocracy of the Church.

Those who are less theologically bright are going to more ''fundamentalist churches." As one fellow told me, "I need someone to preach at me and keep me scared." - The Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and Tim LaHaye....types.

And quite frankly, the Church has lied to us. (As example, as I stated yesterday, scholar now realize that some of Paul's letters were not written by Paul and we don't have them all - so is the bible "incomplete")?

As a note - I get cut off of here sometimes because I have "reached my number of 'free' pages.

dahreese
dahreese 02/06/13 - 06:41 pm
@Humble Angela

"Not approving of what someone does is in no way saying you are "holier than thou." (I seem to detect some transference taking place.)"

There's no "transference" on my part.

But there is some "twisting around" on your part, and I'm not the first on here to point that out.

faithson
faithson 02/06/13 - 07:10 pm
myfather...

Wow... gotta call u on the Margaret Sanger invective. Balderdash, I don't know where you picked up your information but it is wrong on many points, points that can be addressed by reading about Ms. Sanger in Wikipedia, a source of reliable information. From what I read she fought the good fight to give women their -od given liberties, not men given. I am always amazed at how so many social justice advocates of the early 20th century have been slandered by the neo-conservative movement.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 02/06/13 - 07:17 pm
Show me something I twisted

Show me something I twisted around.....Explain please, and back up with facts.

faithson
faithson 02/06/13 - 07:24 pm
dahreese

pearls before swine comes to mind... prejudice is a mother to overcome, especially when the heart has grown cold.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/06/13 - 07:27 pm
When are some of you ever

When are some of you ever going to realize that government is not our solution, it is our problem. Just as you can't drink your way to sobriety; you can't spend your way to prosperity; nor sow a sorry seed and expect a great harvest.

carcraft
carcraft 02/06/13 - 07:32 pm
dahreese- you state society

dahreese- you state society is demanding churches change, Well Scripture tells us that we are not to be conformed to society but transformed by the renewing of our mind. Show me one scripture where there is a positive presentation of homosexuality. From Leviticus to the Book of Romans homosexuality is condemned. In the book of Acts we are commanded to abstain from sexual immorality. Now since I am one of the ignorant unenlightened (could this be an Ad hominem attack? Say it ain't so Joe!) fit to dwell with the likes of Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and Tim LaHaye I really don't think we will find much common ground. It seems to me it is easier to cast doubt and undermine Scripture than adhere to it. I really am not sure who wrote the books of the Bible, I wasn't there, but I think God could easily have arranged to have the letters of Paul and the writings He wanted in Scripture instead of what some Liberal theologian would have liked there.. But since Society is demanding (as you put it) that the Church change why aren’t people in the society flocking to the new improved liberal light gospel?

KSL
KSL 02/06/13 - 07:49 pm
carcraft

I and my husband were raised in the Episcopal church as were our children. I find the church's changing attitude on gays odd.

One of my sons and his fiancee were planning their wedding in Charlotte and there was a particular place they wanted to book for the reception. The only available date was in March. They also wanted to have an Episcopal wedding service. Nix on that. No weddings during Lent. They wound up getting married in a Moravian church.

KSL
KSL 02/06/13 - 07:50 pm
The reception was wonderful,

The reception was wonderful, by the way.

carcraft
carcraft 02/06/13 - 07:51 pm
Congratulations KSL

Congratulations KSL

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/06/13 - 09:16 pm
There is no problem with the

There is no problem with the Church, but a great problem with the People of the Church. Churches are for sinners in need of repentence; in need of a Savior; in need of a Lord; in need of a Heavenly Father.

It isn't theology we should concern ourselves about but, whether or not we have been born again.

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs