Prayer gives what we need

A true believer referenced in Matthew 21:22 knows that when his prayer is not answered, it is not in line with God’s will for his life.

God does not always give us what we ask for or want, but He does always give us what He knows we need.

A true believer also knows not to take certain verses of Scripture out of context and mistakenly attempt to make them fit a situation, thereby reaching a wrong conclusion.

If you read the entire Bible, you will understand that any society whose members and leaders continue to condone and/or embrace behavior and lifestyles that are directly opposed to God’s will can pray till the cows come in, and things will only get worse.

It will also tell you where this country is headed and why.

J.H. Saxon

Appling

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/20/12 - 05:32 am
Well

I don't believe the people of the US condones anything against God except killing each other instead of helping each other.

avidreader
avidreader 12/20/12 - 09:14 am
Let's Lighten Up!

ACES: Let's lighten up on the prayer letters. I love to pray, but enough is enough. Christians vs. lions is getting stale.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 12/20/12 - 10:35 am
avidreader

I will pray in regards to your boredom about discussing prayer.

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/20/12 - 11:10 am
It is my understanding (and I

It is my understanding (and I might be wrong) but isn't the job of the AC to publish letters written into the Editor for publication in the Opinion section of the newspaper and because several individuals evidently have a lot to say concerning prayer, there are some who wish the AC not to publish them.

It was not long ago that there were some complaining about the political aspect of these letters (being too conservative and not liberal enough). Now evidently they are too religious.

I'm curious how many letters are submitted to the AC on a daily basis and does the AC pick and choose which letter is submitted or do all letter eventually make it in the paper.

Joe Hotchkiss
Joe Hotchkiss 12/20/12 - 12:13 pm
For InChristLove, about letters

Since there’s no regular pattern to our flow of letters, the best estimate I can give you is that we receive perhaps six to 12 letters a day. Compelling current events or holidays tend to make that number spike or drop.

What doesn’t change is the finite amount of print space in which we can fit letters. Though we strive to print as many letters as possible, letter supply always outstrips space demand, and for that reason all letters we receive are not printed.

There are other reasons letters aren’t printed, too – incomplete contact information for the writer; illegibility; excessive length; libel; irrelevance; irrationality. I’ve dealt with newspaper letter writers here and elsewhere for the past 24 years, and I haven’t met one yet who wasn’t absolutely convinced that his letter belonged in the paper. But not all letters are destined for print.

As for the recent volume of prayer letters, they’re getting published to reflect the strong public response to the original Dec. 4 letter denouncing prayer. Similarly, we published more than 100 letters regarding the Georgia Regents University name change.

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/20/12 - 12:38 pm

Thank you Joe for the explanation. I have no issue with the letters regarding the discussion on prayer. I find them interesting but realize the topic does not agree with everyone. I was just looking for a reasonable explanation that might suffice those who are unhappy with so much discussion on prayer, or any other subject matter that draws more attention than what they may be interested in.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/20/12 - 12:48 pm
I actually enjoy most letters

Not that I agree with all of them I do enjoy hearing others opinions.
For some reason ACES prints every letter I write. I don't know if that means they're worthy or the right length.hehe Just kidding.
I'm like you ICL I find them interesting.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 12/20/12 - 01:44 pm
I agree with Pat Condell. He

I agree with Pat Condell. He says it better than I ever could:

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 12/20/12 - 06:45 pm
you people pray at the drop

you people pray at the drop of a hat. you really need to find other things to worry about than sitting around all day praying. get off your bottoms and go make a difference instead of constantly judging people- that's NOT your job

Sickness closes all McDuffie schools

One day after closing Maxwell Elementary School due to excessive absences caused by an outbreak of influenza, strep infection and stomach viruses, the McDuffie County School System has decided to ...