A very different reaction

Although it got too little mention in the mainstream media, last Tuesday union members rioted in Michigan in response to passage of that state’s right-to-work law. A tent was torn down with people inside, a journalist was punched and there were threats of retaliation with such comments as, “There will be blood.”

Thank goodness there was not a comparable reaction from conservatives after last month’s presidential election. If there had been, it’s for sure there would have been a nationwide public health crisis as a result of all the liberals’ soiled underwear.

avidreader
avidreader 12/18/12 - 06:08 am
I Don't Get It!

How are unions and liberal underwear tied together? Maybe I'm missing something.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 12/18/12 - 06:13 am
they both smell

they both smell

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/18/12 - 07:52 am
It is amazing that people

It is amazing that people will riot about being given more freedom. Hard to follow their logic.

edit---Thumbs down for pointing out a simple truth. Makes you wonder what is in some people's minds.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/18/12 - 07:20 am
Techfan...that was a very

Techfan...that was a very nice, completly off topic link you posted. I suppose it was the old "rationalize poor behavior by pointing out someone else's poor behavior" tactic that is used so often.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/18/12 - 08:24 am
Could someone please explain

Could someone please explain how giving the workers the freedom to decide if they want to join or pay the Union is bad, and worth rioting, but giving the Union the power to force you to pay them if you want to have a job is a good thing. I would LOVE to see a logical, honest answer.

KasparHauser
KasparHauser 12/18/12 - 08:32 am
Too Poor to Afford Cable?

Conservatives didn't behave badly?

What about the expulsion from the Virginia college after that ugly incident outside the minority student building?

What about some similar nastiness in that bastion of racial harmony, Mississippi, with actual criminal arrests?

These incidents were noted on news aggregators I customarily read as a private citizen; don't the NEWSPAPER EMPLOYEES at the AC do any professional reading?

What about the continual WHINING on Fox and the Blame Game Romney foisted off as a gentile goodbye?

Can't the AC staff afford one step up from basic cable?

Or, was this just dead space you couldn't fill with a used car advert?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/18/12 - 08:57 am
Freedom

Thank you, Angela, for focusing on the central issue of our time, i.e. liberty. So many people in our society are afraid of liberty. They want that social safety net that government officials are oh, so ready to provide (using other people's money, of course). The trouble is the rope that makes up the safety net turns into a hangman's noose at some point.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/18/12 - 08:53 am
No problem LL.... I just

No problem LL.... I just wonder how many of the rioters know that the ONLY thing different in the new law is that the Union can no longer force you to pay them. Why would that anger the workers so...I could understand the Union thugs being angry, but the workers? They still have the right to join the union if they want, and pay dues, but the ALSO have the right not to.

rebellious
rebellious 12/18/12 - 09:02 am
On Fire

The Lambster and Humble are hitting bullseye with their linguistic arrows today.

And I don't even click on Techfans links anymore. Usually just blather.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/18/12 - 09:13 am
No one cares to explain?

No one cares to explain? Someone took the time to "thumbs down" my asking of the question....seems like that person would have an answer.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/18/12 - 09:36 am
Angela

Those individuals don't even have Common Sense, let alone an answer.

Bizkit
Bizkit 12/18/12 - 09:54 am
Humble Dems and progressives

Humble Dems and progressives always do that-if a Dem is caught in some misdeed all you see is apologetics and look at all the Rep who have done similar. It is all relativism-rather than just bad behavior no matter who does it. Or the other strategy is "try" to discredit the source-which would be equally applicable to any source a progressive offers. It's not an argument but just a weak attempt at Alinskism.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/18/12 - 10:15 am
Techfan........awww.....my

Techfan........awww.....my heart bleeds. Some hot headed redneck students from MS used racial slurs. Anyone hurt....physically assaulted?

Google "black mob attacks white". You will not be able to follow all of the links and read the stories. I'm sure that you won't count these as racism. I'm sure you are one of those who see it as justified revenge. Pay back. Black rage. Innocent people beaten, murdered, severely injured by cowards who travel in packs.

Just another one of your misdirections of the current discussion which ignores the REAL racism going on today. So you want me to feel guilty about a few redneck students, some of whom used racial slurs? Pretty civilized comparitively speaking I would say. Please explain things like the black mob attacking whites at the fair in Wisconsin or the black mob that attacked the white male and female reporters in Virginia. Heck, I'm still waiting for someone to explain the black riots that destroyed parts of Los Angeles where whites were murdered and maimed.

You can't even get in the game with that little link about some racial slurs. Blacks use as bad, or worse, slurs in references to white folks every day....in their homes.....drilling it in to their kids.

I know this article was about union violence and the propensity for factions of the Democrat party to be REALLY violent while trying to paint Republicans, particularly the TEA party, as being violent.......although there has never been any violence at a TEA party rally. But Techfan had to bring race into it and believe me, it is NOT a one-sided issue. If Techfan wants to talk about violence as related to racism he has opened the wrong can of worms. He loses that argument immediately based on percentages and degree.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/18/12 - 10:21 am
Dicotomy....and offensive or

Dicotomy....and offensive or not, racial slurrs are protected by the Constitution......attacking people with violence is NOT. A point that Techfan and people like him avoid talking about.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/18/12 - 10:24 am
Angie, I can answer your

Angie, I can answer your 7:52, but it would likely get me into Sean trouble.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/18/12 - 12:05 pm
Willow....as long as you

Willow....as long as you don't insult other posters, you should be fine. Give it a try.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 12/18/12 - 12:14 pm
Most of y'all

need to keep in mind; the main stream media is predominantly union, socialistic and not "fair and balanced". Kinda like some of you lefties who post on this site.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 12/18/12 - 01:42 pm
@Humble

You are exactly right.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/18/12 - 01:45 pm
I'm learning, Sean. :-)

I'm learning, Sean. :-)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/18/12 - 02:25 pm
Insults

You can insult me, Willow. I've got a thick skin, and I won't click the "flag for review" button.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/18/12 - 03:09 pm
I won't click the "flag for review" button.

God as my witness, I never saw that "button" and I can't believe there is a tattle tale button! LOL! I am sure all comments are reviewed regardless.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/18/12 - 04:48 pm
Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/18/12 - 06:58 pm
LL, I could never insult

LL, I could never insult you:)

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/18/12 - 07:04 pm
Okay, I'll say it, but try not to encourage my badness!

Angie asked, "wonder (what) is in some people's minds."

Willow's answer, it's likely in the same family as the underwear:)

fedex227
fedex227 12/18/12 - 09:44 pm
"... a journalist was punched ..."

I believe this person was from Fox News. Fox News journalist- isn't that an oxymoron?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/18/12 - 11:43 pm
The reporter should have worn

The reporter should have worn an MSNBC ID tag around the riffraff and he would have been perfectly safe.

Monitor reports worsening Vogtle delays

Scheduling delays for two nuclear reactors under construction at Plant Vogtle are worsening, according to a report from a state-hired construction monitor.