We need a man for the job

Why would any president of the United States of America appoint a female as Secretary of State, knowing she would spend so much of her time in the Middle East where Muslims rule?

The perfect Secretary of State would be a tall and muscular male. Muslims respect power, and the appearance of a very big and smart male Secretary of State would get the attention of a Muslim leader much more quickly than a female.

With few exceptions, Muslim men rule in the Third World countries. Remember, I am talking about the Middle East and not the rest of the world, where women are respected. If Ray Lewis, the linebacker, was qualified for the job, he would make a perfect pick.

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 12/11/12 - 03:15 am
Are you serious?

Forgive me if my snark meter is out of adjustment.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/11/12 - 05:13 am
I vote for the Hulk

Better yet Superman!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 08:37 am
The writer is correct. It

The writer is correct. It makes no sense to send a person to make negotiations with people when we know for a fact that those people have ZERO respect for the person we are sending. To think otherwise is to bury your head in the sand and hope that they have the same values as we do.....similar to our President saying he will sit down and chat with terrorists.

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/11/12 - 09:00 am
Right Humble, you cannot sit

Right Humble, you cannot sit down and chat with a terrorist. You can only kill them. Let the soldiers get on with it without restraint.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/11/12 - 09:42 am
Our Mr. President

He was raised a Muslim, speaks their language, quotes from the Koran, tells them he's sorry and they won't listen to him - yes, let the soldiers get on with it without restraint!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/11/12 - 09:45 am
Shrimp

When my little boy said his prayers at night - he always included: And God Bless the Incredible Hulk :)

TParty
TParty 12/11/12 - 10:06 am
The sexism and even bigotry

The sexism and even bigotry in this letter is outstanding, and I can't even believe it was posted.

"The perfect Secretary of State would be a tall and muscular male."

That's it. Just tall, in shape and male.

The idea that women cannot be commanding or powerful is laughable. The idea we need to conform to lowest stereotype instead of leading the way is also laughable.

It's no wonder this letter writer only put physical descriptions on what the perfect Secretary of State would be, clearly thinking is out of this letter writer ability so it's not a necessity.

Chew on this some.

-Indonesia, the most populous Muslim-majority country, elected Megawati Sukarnoputri as president

-Pakistan, the second most populous Muslim-majority country, twice elected Benazir Bhutto as prime minister

-Bangladesh, the third most populous Muslim-majority country, elected Khaleda Zia and Sheikh Hasina as prime ministers.

-Turkey elected Tansu Çiller, who became prime minister.

-In the Muslim majority region of Kosovo, President Atifete Jahjaga was unanimously elected by the Assembly of Kosovo.

-Roza Otunbayeva, an atheist, was sworn in as President of the Muslim-majority Kyrgyzstan.

-Senegal's Mame Madior Boye was Prime Minister from 2001 to 2002.

-Nearly one-third of the Parliament of Egypt- the fifth most populous Muslim majority nation- also consists of women.

Funny how these women hating Muslim's have had women leaders, whereas women loving America has yet have a female President, or have women fill one third of Congress.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/11/12 - 10:10 am
TParty

And Clinton is doing a fine job. You are always there for a good laugh.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 10:12 am
There is no sexism in the

There is no sexism in the letter. The writer simply aknowleges that many of the nations we deal with are far more sexist than us, and to ignore that fact is naive.

Funny how woman loving muslims have laws on what reasons you can have your wife beaten or killed.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 10:22 am
I think I'd rather live in a

I think I'd rather live in a nation where a woman has yet to be elected President (hard for them to do when the left attacks all the female candidates so) than in a country where I can be put to death because I got raped.

TParty
TParty 12/11/12 - 10:27 am
"There is no sexism in the

"There is no sexism in the letter. The writer simply [acknowledges] that many of the nations we deal with are far more sexist than us, and to ignore that fact is naive."

So... we should be just as sexist because some other nations are as well? Sorry, I don't buy that or follow it. Just because other people do the wrong thing does not mean I will. Choose the harder right over the easier wrong.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 10:32 am
So you would put our nation

So you would put our nation at a disadvantage, just to make a point. Good policy.

That's like refusing to swing at a ball that is just past the corner of the plate even though you KNOW that the umpire will call it a strike.........because you are right and he is wrong. In the end, you are the one who walks back to the dugout empty-handed.

TParty
TParty 12/11/12 - 10:31 am
"I think I'd rather live in a

"I think I'd rather live in a nation where a woman has yet to be elected President (hard for them to do when the left attacks all the female candidates)"

From another poster today, clearly filled with sarcasm: "And Clinton is doing a fine job".

And what if I mentioned the name Susan Rice? Would the left attack her?

TParty
TParty 12/11/12 - 10:33 am
"So you would put our nation

"So you would put our nation at a disadvantage, just to make a point. "

How would America be at a disadvantage? Because small minded people have stereotypes of Muslims that we need to cater too?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 10:33 am
No they probably wouldn't.

No they probably wouldn't. They only seem to attack intellegent, conservative women.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 10:35 am
"How would America be at a

"How would America be at a disadvantage?"

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 10:36 am
"Because small minded people

"Because small minded people have stereotypes of Muslims that we need to cater too?"

TParty
TParty 12/11/12 - 10:48 am
"I thought I made it very

"I thought I made it very clear. MANY nations leaders have ZERO respect for women. Ignoring that fact is simply naive."

Not only did you make it clear, but the GOP did as well this election cycle.

TParty
TParty 12/11/12 - 10:50 am
"So none of the Muslim

"So none of the Muslim nations treat their women as second class citizens? It's all made up by small minded people?"

Who cares if some do. What does that have to do with our policy and our way of life? Why would you submit to a nation that do treat women as second class citizens?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 10:54 am
"Not only did you make it

"Not only did you make it clear, but the GOP did as well this election cycle." What on earth does that have to do with the letter?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 10:55 am
"Why would you submit to a

"Why would you submit to a nation that do treat women as second class citizens?"

Who said anything about submitting to them. I just think it's a bad idea to send a representative that you KNOW they will have ZERO respect for. Why stack the deck against yourself.

TParty
TParty 12/11/12 - 10:58 am
"What on earth does that have

"What on earth does that have to do with the letter?"

Because not all Muslim's treat women as second class citizens. And not all American's treat women as first class citizens.

An American that writes and even sends off a letter to be published which says "the perfect Secretary of State would be a tall and muscular male." is on par with any of these scary Muslim nations that would say the same thing.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 11:02 am
Hmmmmmm...I scrolled up and

Hmmmmmm...I scrolled up and didn't see anywhere where someone said ALL Muslims treat women as second class citizens. What I did say, and I stand by it, is that it is very naive to dismiss the fact that there are MANY Muslim nations that DO treat women as second class citizens. I prefer to NOT keep my head in the sand and hope everyone likes me.

TParty
TParty 12/11/12 - 11:04 am
"Hmmmmmm...I scrolled up and

"Hmmmmmm...I scrolled up and didn't see anywhere where someone said ALL Muslims treat women as second class citizens."

From the letter writer:

"Muslim men have no respect for women; Muslim men look down on women as an inferior sex, someone to cook, clean and raise children. So why appoint a female knowing she will not be respected, but only tolerated?"

soapy_725
soapy_725 12/11/12 - 11:06 am
And a homely representative at that.

Now Brittany Spears would garner much more respect among Arab men. And as for diplomatic expertise. Brittany can sign a foreign aide check as easily as the next female or "male".

US Foreign Policy = buy friends with money and patronize your enemies with even more money.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/11/12 - 11:07 am
Those were all true

Those were all true statements.....what's your point?

soapy_725
soapy_725 12/11/12 - 11:07 am
Hillary will look like Eleanor Roosevelt......

her hero, by the time she becomes POTUS in 2016.

allhans
allhans 12/11/12 - 11:16 am
There is no need for some to

There is no need for some to be so closed minded. The LTE is absolutely correct . The Muslims have no respect for women, we can crown Hillary, adore her, raise her to any level ...but...that doesn't mean that muslims will do the same.
If we want to accomplish anything meaningful in the Middle East then you send a person THEY will respect. It doesn't matter who you or I respect.

Jane18
Jane18 12/11/12 - 11:49 am
Who Will Listen To Who(m)

Re: 1st and 2nd paragraphs----Very good questions, Mr.Arrington! I have wondered the same thing since the day ole' Hillary was appointed the job. I can see a muslim leader and his minions getting together after having met with Hillary, cursing and laughing at her........and America! I still cannot figure the motive for her getting ''that'' appointment, from her boss! Hypothetically, I would like to see a big strong male get that appointment also! And I don't just mean physically!!