Assumptions make no sense

The letter written by Leslie J. Pollard Sr., Ph.D. (“Race motivates attacks,” Nov. 20) is woefully misguided. The assumptions are incredulous.

The Augusta Chronicle publishes commentary from liberals and conservatives. I could quote many anti-conservative articles published by The Chronicle with which I disagree, but would serve no purpose concerning this letter.

President Obama ran a campaign that focused on class and color, avoiding the real issues confronting our country such as entitlements and the debt crisis. Therefore, anyone who opposed Obama was really a racist, or so says Leslie Pollard. Balderdash!

There are many African-American conservatives I would love to have as president of the United States – Condoleezza Rice, Allen West, Walter Williams, Herman Cain and Colin Powell, just to name a few. It is conservatism vs. liberalism, not African-American vs. white.

The letter states, “President Obama, as head of the free world, is so out of place it is unimaginable.” I totally agree!

Kathryn Walker

Augusta

Comments (14)

fedex227
fedex227 12/06/12 - 12:11 am

Seriously?

Quoting 'many anti-conservative articles published by The Chronicle' would be an extremely short list. Aside from that, I'm sure the letter-writer must be equally disappointed with the House Speaker's selection of committee chairs for the 113th Congress - 19 white men. Obviously it must be because there are no qualified female or minorty Republicans serving in Congress today. Republicans never fail to disappoint- still walkin' and talkin' like ducks.

faithson
faithson 12/06/12 - 12:51 am

Allen West and Herman Cain as

Allen West and Herman Cain as President is acceptable. No wonder the Republican party is in such shambles. Comments like this speak for themselves.

LinuxLewis
LinuxLewis 12/06/12 - 01:07 am

Anti-Racist is a code word for Anti-White

Whites are a diminishing world minority while EVERY white country and ONLY white countries have been flooded with hundreds of millions of third worlders and force assimilated to create "melting pots".

Blacks have half of the worlds natural resources in Africa, they have the largest growing population in the world, and most importantly they have a homeland while white children do not. Yet they want to live in White countries with equal say and call themselves "minorities" when it is Whites who are the true minority

So what exactly do minorities want from me as a white man who is a world minority without a homeland? Oh yes, they want me to be concerned about White Privilege, they want entitlements, they want amnesty for coming here illegally, they want free healthcare, they want welfare, and they want an equal say in countries created by my ancestors while saying whites need to leave them alone.

Why would ANY sane white person take this seriously?

Nobody is flooding Africa with non-Africans and demanding African children give up "black privilege" and screaming RAYCISS! if they don't embrace becoming minorities in their own homes

Nobody is flooding Asia with non-Asians and demanding Asian children give up "asian privilege" and screaming RAYCISS! if they don't embrace becoming minorities in their own homes

This program of GENOCIDE is only being targeted on to WHITE children.

Anti-Racist is a code word for Anti-White

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 12/06/12 - 04:36 am

Tired of the race card

There are many African-American conservatives I would love to have as president of the United States – Condoleezza Rice, Allen West, Walter Williams, Herman Cain and Colin Powell, just to name a few. It is conservatism vs. liberalism, not African-American vs. white (Kathryn Walker).

Excellent points! Our differences are due to political philosophies, not race. Accusations about race foster hate and distract us from focusing on the real problems. It's a tired, worn-out tactic to question people's motives instead of dealing with their criticisms.

Young Fred
Young Fred 12/06/12 - 04:36 am

fedex227

“Quoting many anti-conservative articles published by The Chronicle' would be an extremely short list.”

You have got to be kidding me!!!!

The Chronicle carries AP, Reuters, and UPI! Are you not paying attention? The editorial page is just about the only place of importance that carries a conservative stance, partially.

I get it, you're one of those that wish to ignore the bias of the major wire services that purport to “present pure news” (LMAO), and focus on the editorial page (opinion by definition) when “rating” a paper.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 12/06/12 - 07:54 am

attacking west and cain seems

attacking west and cain seems like rascism to me....as in the words of bobby dylan. how does it feel?...the left accuse the conservatives all the time of being racist sexist etc..yet we talk of individuals not groups ..we want to raise people and income not punish....and back to the west and cain ..cain is a successful business man, west is a military man of great service to our country other than being conservative and not on the reservation like jackson sharpton etc who sold their souls out ...they are black ...again it sounds like racism to me.....

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 12/06/12 - 08:48 am

say what???

Headlines recently seen the The Onion: Allen West, President of the United States. Walter Williams, President of the United States. Herman Cain, President of the United States.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/06/12 - 09:06 am

The Onion

The Onion is pretty cool. I like their philosophy of taking people off the street to write for them. It sounds like taking commenters, well the ones writing from the Augusta Library and flushing sneakers down the toilet, from the Chronicle boards and having them write meaningful articles about international politics and finance.

faithson
faithson 12/06/12 - 09:51 am

nofan

not racist, just practical. Come on now, Herman is a great guy who touts the party line, to think for a minute that after his performance in the primaries AND his female propensity, you really think he is viable. maybe so, but I think most voters would disagree. Now, bombastic Alan West could not even get re-elected, says something about his qualifications. As to the rest mentioned, for sure, they all have shown themselves to be competent administrators.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 12/06/12 - 10:24 am

Liberal vs Conservative

The argument is and always has been Liberal verses Conservative in politics and faith issues. All one has to do is look around the world to find examples of where each principal has been in control. I would point to states like California, New York, Illinois, Michigan or any other state that has been run by liberals for 20 years, each one is a basket case when it comes to financial, moral, ethical issues. The opposite is true for Texas, and most southern states, South and North Dakota or any other state controlled by conservatives. Now look at the countries of the world and you will see the same. " Their is none so blind as he who will not see." Look at Europe and that will be us in 10 years. 75% of Europeans are renters and do not own real estate. This is our Hope & Change and it has nothing to do with skin color.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/06/12 - 12:37 pm

Ah, the argument USED to be

Ah, the argument USED to be conservative vs. liberal. Today the argument is REALLY capitalism vs. socialism, big government vs. small government.

The words conservative and liberal both have mainly social issue connotations. Although the wings of each of our parties still vote based on social issues, the main bodies of both parties are primarily concerned with the economic issues of free enterprise and balanced bugets vs. gimmee free stuff and make somebody else pay for it.

So because I DO NOT support, and speak loudly against, a radical socialist president who is a private property wealth confiscator and redistributor I am called a racist. I can live with that as long as you understand that everyone on the other side is a scum sucking bottom feeder who lives off of other people's money and expects somebody else to pay their way through life from cradle to grave. Just wanted to establish the ground rules for this name calling thing.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that I pay taxes to the federal government who's constitution gives me the freedom to speak out and be YOUR racist. I suspect the vast majority of you race card players cannot say the same. But that's okay because I am also paying YOUR fair share too. When you start paying some federal income taxes give me a call on your Obamaphone and we will have a talk about this racist thingy. Now don't text me or email me because I cannot afford one of them smartphones with unlimited texts and a data plan for email. Make it a voice call. It's a free call for you.....because I'm paying your bill and my bill.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 12/06/12 - 01:22 pm

I agree with the title of the LTE.....

...making assumptions about what is in my head as it pertains to this disaster of a president is akin to the asinine "hate crime" laws we have....Thought police on parade....

The "real" racists are those who view EVERYtHING through the prism of race .....most conservatives I know dislike Ceasar Obamus because of his policies, and the ONLY people I hear crying about race are those who look in the mirror and see black.....

Jane18
Jane18 12/06/12 - 03:27 pm

Discernment

Bottom Line--I would rather have an adulterer(seems to be)as president, than a far left-very liberal-socialist acting-communist-wannabe! That is Not racist, it is who loves America more and wants the best for her and her citizens! (It seems democrats forget about Wild Bill and his lustful(and adulterous) shenanigans when he was a governor and president..........).

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 12/06/12 - 03:35 pm

ist- there is no proof about

ist- there is no proof about cain being a womanizer...but i thought that was a badge of honor to dims..can you say billy..eddie kennedy...either candidate cain or west would be light years ahead of obumler....and why does the left always single out conservative blacks...i feel it has to do with race..just like we are accused of being racist when we disagree with obumler..would not it be great to get rid of that tag...after all we all want to help when help is truly needed...but we differ in the helping hand and a lifetime hammock approach..

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 12/06/12 - 05:09 pm

lefties just want their cake and eat it too.

In my humble opinion, they're just slimey leeches unwilling to do anything for themselves other than destroy the "REAL AMERICA".

Regents approve tuition hikes

DAHLONEGA, Ga. - Tuition is going up for Georgia students at all 31 state colleges and universities under a budget plan approved Tuesday by the state Board of Regents, including the largest ...