Is God punishing America?

The people have re-elected President Obama for four more years of mismanagement of our economy and nation.

Hope and change have turned into loss and despair.

Unemployment is at 23 million; 47 million and counting on food stamps.

The moral degenerates of this nation have continued to hate freedom from government. They have voted for liars, deception and immorality.

They have embraced homosexuality, abortion and greed.

The animal world doesn’t kill its own offspring. The animal world must have more morals than humans. Abortion: 60 million and counting; 60 percent of aborted babies are black. This is worse than the slave trade of our own nation. Whole generations have been murdered.

But in all this, I say: God will not be mocked. We as a nation will pay dearly for all the sin in this nation.

The weather we have seen since Katrina – floods, fires, earthquakes, Sandy, etc. – is punishment from God, not global warming.

Read Isaiah 5:20-21.

faithson
faithson 11/30/12 - 11:40 pm
and so many wonder

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 11/30/12 - 11:41 pm
Wow, just wow

Woodrow, are you serious? You are now on record, saved on the Internet FOREVER, your belief as to what causes floods, earthquakes, etc. I give the uneducated cave dwellers in the middle east from centuries ago a free pass because they didn't know any better. But in the 21st century we know what causes the weather phenomena. 5th graders who pay attention in science class also know. Reading grouse's comment, I would like to add, "what a coincidence that your god believes the same thing that you do". I guess none of this surprises me, it's just that the opiate of the masses it at it again.

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 12/01/12 - 01:24 am
It is as you Say

I am not sure that "punish" is the exact wording I would use to describe what God is doing concerning America. Maybe the issue is that God has removed His hand of protection from America. I know that many atheists and unbelievers will disagree with me but I believe evidence dictates that America began as a very moral and Christian country. Was it perfect? No, not at all, our nations committed many sins with slavery being one of them and look at what that cost us in lives lost during the civil war. But the belief back then was that you honored and feared God and lived a moral life. Now we have turned our back on all these things, with the murder of millions of babies through abortion, the agreement that same sex marriage is to be tolerated and accepted and most of all the removal of prayer, the Bible, and God from school houses and court houses. Thus, God has honored our wishes and left us to our own destruction. The bible told us these things would happen. As Christians we have to quit trusting in the republican party and start trusting in Christ to change hearts. Only changed hearts touched by Jesus can bring our nation back into unity again.

swcohen
swcohen 12/01/12 - 04:15 am
Loss and despair?

No, not at all. I'm quite pleased that the President won reelection.

end of the world. (Surely it won't be long now... wink wink.)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/12 - 06:47 am
I'm sorry

Did I stumble into the Westboro Church??

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/12 - 06:52 am
Humans Humans

Once again please note...humans caused their problems.....we do this to ourselves...we can't blame anything else as a bad guy...
Animals do eat & kill their young & most of all when it is time for that baby to grow up they push him out of the nest...& they never send that baby any ebt cards or any kind of foodstamps...

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/01/12 - 06:56 am
Screwed up thinking

"WHY, I said Why do you republicans THINK you LOST. This LTE says it all. This type of irrational thinking within your party will be your undoing." Yes, this must be it. Because ALL Republicans think like this. Why, Romney spent most of his time making these same points. Please...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/12 - 06:54 am
Where is he...

Pat Roberston where are you...you should be working on a law suit about that dang name thing!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/01/12 - 07:01 am
I Disagree, Short

I think God has more compassion and love than to make some of his people suffer like we are. I think he wants us to wake up to some of his teachings.

wayne2410
wayne2410 12/01/12 - 07:18 am
I don't know that God

I don't know that God involves Hisself with trivial affairs of nations, but I do believe we are being punished. It is being done by the liberal progressives, they see America as evil, hate Christians, and loath individual freedom. When you tear down the things that made us great as the progressives are working very hard to do, you are going to see the downfall of our country. It is what they want and with expert deception and lies they have convinced their supporters it is what they want also. Never trust a liberal, it is not the USA's interest they have at heart, it is only their own.

Jane18
Jane18 12/01/12 - 08:25 am
We Are Hurting Ourselves...............

Actually grouse, the re-election of the president probably was GOD's will, but much to your confusion, it was not a blessing! We were promised blessings if we did as HE instructed us, but, there were also cursings if we were disobedient, and you have got to admit, we have became a very diobedient, immoral country in the last 50 years. If you would like to know about those blessings and/or cursings(that we bring on ourselves, HE is not purposely hurting us, we have choices), check them out in your Book(as swcohen calls it). Something to think about, if our earthly fathers have rules for us to follow, don't you think our Heavenly/Spiritual Father would have rules for us?

faithson
faithson 12/01/12 - 08:42 am
JTF

ah ! so you do agree, not any one position within the party should be brush stroked to include the whole. I am hoping that you are intellectually honest enough to recognize the same in the 'other' party.

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/01/12 - 08:45 am
"If religious, social, and

"If religious, social, and yes, moral tolerance aren't to your liking, please go sit quietly somewhere, read your Book, and wait for the
end of the world. (Surely it won't be long now... wink wink.)"

I find this comment rather one sided and untolerant. (wink wink) Much like what the commenter is implying from this letter writer or "Christians".

I believe Scoop said it best. I don't believe God is punishing this nation but He sure has removed His hand of protection (at least one of them). President Obama's being re-elected is God's plan but the question is for what purpose. Is it because this is the man God wanted to lead this nation or is this the man God is using to draw this nation to her knees so we much look up to survive.

SeenitB4, I see nothing in this letter that would even come close to the nonsense that Westboro Church promotes. In my opinion your comment was way off base and a little offensive, but we are all given the right to our opinions. I am really sorry you feel that way.

faithson
faithson 12/01/12 - 08:49 am
-od's Will

Are consequences the result of the supreme will, or are they just the result of breaking or adhering to the universal mandates ? The excuse of the 'Father's will' lacks accountability. The acceptance of consequence for 'breaking' the rules leads to responsibility, a character builder through self reflection we could all use more of. Never have liked the 'blame game'.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/12 - 08:51 am
ICL....

This statement alone ...

I'm sorry if you don't see what I see.....we do have our opinions & we have the right to post them...I see many posts on here that I think are off base but how often do YOU see me say THAT!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/12 - 08:54 am
Saying this

In my opinion your comment was way off base and a little offensive,

Now that is offensive to me!!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/01/12 - 09:02 am
Well

"I am hoping that you are intellectually honest enough to recognize the same in the 'other' party". Hmm, not sure, wouldn't count on it. Keep me straight.

soldout
soldout 12/01/12 - 09:03 am
lots to this situation

Free nations don't survive without moral leadership. Sowing and reaping always works. God told people they can choose blessing or curses. The Word says if sin becomes so great the earth will vomit forth people or react to it. God placed all these laws in place at creation and we can let them work for us or against us. Jesus took on the judgement for all sin but that only works if we receive it because it is a gift. God doesn't need to take any action for things to fall apart. Satan is the one out to kill and destroy and our prayers and actions stop him. God's will isn't being done all the time on the earth or Jesus would not have told his disciples to pray " thou will be done on earth as in heaven". Apparently we need to pray His will into the earth. Of course God can shut things down at anytime but everything happening isn't his will. He said He wanted none to perish and go to hell but that happens every day.

The Chirstians control the country through their prayers as God always said "if my people pray and turn". Also Jesus said He didn't pray for the world. So Christians we can turn it around if we desire. The wages of sin is death and it is payday for many folks in this world but if you turn to Jesus He can stop the check that's in the mail. The main sign for the end of the world is that things will be like Noah's day. Read about the flood and see what kind of folks were around him and you will see that happening again today. Sin destroys a nation so there is no question where we go from here and the greatest mistake we made as a nation was in teaching the lie of evolution and the mindset that it has created. That would be a place to start turning things around.

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/01/12 - 09:04 am
Didn't mean to offend you

Didn't mean to offend you SeenitB4. I do believe you post your opinons on here just fine whether in agreement or in your view way off base. If you are indicating something I have posted that has offended you or you have disagreed with (I apologize), I'm sure you would not have held back your tongue.

As for the statement about the weather, biblical prophesy states there will be changes in the weather before the second coming of Christ. Whether Mr. Short considers this "punishment" from God or not is his opinion but whether it's punishment of global warming.....these changes ARE from God.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/01/12 - 09:07 am
ICL

Have a great day...I certainly plan to & yes I very seldom bite my tongue on here....

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/01/12 - 09:08 am
"In my opinion your comment

"In my opinion your comment was way off base and a little offensive,

Now that is offensive to me!!!"

I apologize, my intent was not to be offensive to you but to let you know that your comment offended me. Nothing personal on this end but evidently the same can not be said for your end. Again I apologize.

faithson
faithson 12/01/12 - 09:37 am
JTF

u know the line is GA by 3, 20-17 yesterday. Me thinks a GA/ND game will be a better match. If AL makes it, ND will get crushed. This coming from a ND family guy. Looks like a quarterback's duel for sure.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 12/01/12 - 09:38 am
Unequivocally,

Yep!

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 12/01/12 - 09:40 am
Abortion

One more thing. Remember the story in genesis about the floating zoo? God killed EVERYONE on the face of the earth except for 8 people. I wonder how many pregnant women were alive when god flooded the earth. So even god himself kills unborn babies. Also please read about the battle of Jericho. God's "servants" plunge their swords into the beating hearts of babies and children. So god himself kills babies, both the born and unborn. If you're going to believe in an invisible friend who lives in the sky, could you please at least come up with a better guy?

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/01/12 - 09:42 am
faithson

First things first. We have to win today before worrying about ND. A repeat of the 1981 SugarBowl would be nice.

faithson
faithson 12/01/12 - 09:50 am
JTF

the wife and her fam were there... tickets were 8.50 to get in

faithson
faithson 12/01/12 - 09:52 am
JTF

sorry it was the '74 Orange Bowl....

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/01/12 - 09:55 am
Bout to say

I believe I paid much more for the 1981 SugarBowl, but it was worth it. Nothing like it will cost me this year however. Yikes.

soapy_725
soapy_725 12/01/12 - 10:17 am
Roll Tide !!!!Vegas Line is BAMA to win giving 7 1/2 or 8 points

Nose bleed seats at $255 each in the end zone.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/01/12 - 10:22 am
Hey, maybe Rev. Wright called

Hey, maybe Rev. Wright called it and God Damned America and gave us Obama.