The coming revolution might not be the one you expected

Thomas Jefferson wrote this in a letter to William Stephens Smith in 1787:

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.”

I don’t know what so-called “revolution” Joaquin Godoy is referring to in his letter (“The revolution has arrived,” Nov. 15). Surely it can’t be the election where a clueless majority re-elected Marxist Barack Obama. Before you get mad about me calling him a Marxist, read the Constitution and Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto, and decide for yourself.

There may be a revolution yet – not Mr. Godoy’s kind, but the kind Thomas Jefferson had in mind.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/25/12 - 05:57 pm
Yep, the people of Egypt

Yep, the people of Egypt democratically elected Morsi and they got a Muslim Brotherhood dictator too. You elected Obama and he is of the same ilk as Morsi but just doing it a little more slowly and smoothly. He has violated our Constitution with his Executive Orders and thinks he is an all powerful dictator. The next 4 years might not go as smoothly for him as the last 4 when the results of his disastrous leadership starts setting in next year.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/25/12 - 05:58 pm
myfather15

Remember, I'm a one liner.

You always do a better job than I do.

swcohen
swcohen 11/25/12 - 06:11 pm
Where were all you guys...

...when the Decider was wiping his nether regions with our Constitution? The events of 11 September 2001 changed everything, sure, but boy oh boy, Dubya was quick to embrace his newly discovered superpowers.

Where was the outrage? Didn't a mismanaged war in Afghanistan and then a Huge Blunder of an invasion in Iraq cause you ANY concern? Why was that man not impeached over the WMD debacle and subsequent enormous cost of lives, treasure, and credibility?

Or were you completely seduced by his adorable Texas drawl?

I'm just wondering why you all of a sudden noticed that we've been electing incompetents to the CIC position for the past dozen election cycles.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 11/25/12 - 06:34 pm
Sorry SW,

but almost certainly not. You might be a really appealing fellow and prove to be a good friend; however, supporting Obama and his agenda for our country pretty much means I could never trust you as long as you could still do that. I would be polite, even kind, certainly , is not the but those are not the same as friendship and trust.

gargoyle
gargoyle 11/25/12 - 07:31 pm
I might have a drink with a

I might have a drink with a irresponsible person but baby sitting my kids is out of the question.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 11/25/12 - 08:35 pm
Libs still fiddle....

...while Rome still burns..

myfather15
myfather15 11/25/12 - 10:22 pm
@swcohen

Please stop with the liberal talking points about Iraq. If we attempted to impeach the President, are we going to also impeach all the congressmen and senators who voted to go into Iraq? Including the numerous Demcratic representatives who saw the same intelligence the President did and cast their vote to war?

America and her citizens are miracles within themselves. The fact that we can so adamantly disagree and still be civil about it, separates us from many other Countries of the world. I actually had a good deputy friend of mine the other day say he truly believes we need to try communism, because as he said "Capitalism hasn't worked, so why not try something else for a while." I didn't get mad at him, I was just astounded at his comment and how ignorant his is of exactly how communism actually works.

He admitted the main reason he believes we need to try it is because the poor just get poorer and the rich keep getting richer. I tried to explain to him there has always and always will be a poor section of society. Communism will NOT change that and hasn't changed that in Countries where it is implemented.

Anyway, my point is to say that it isn't our difference in beliefs that are going to drive us apart. There have always been differences in beliefs. Whats going to drive us apart and is causing very harsh feelings is all the lies being purported towards us on the right. People are tired of hearing what racists, bigots, haters, homophobes, sexists, greedy and all the other lies about the right, that we are called daily. The lies from the left are getting completely out of control with regards to personal attacks. We are also tired of the Federal government being completely out of control and violating the Constitution, no matter who is POTUS.

If most people on the right are like me, it's just getting very old to be called names. It makes me mad as hades and sick to my stomach to be called a racist because I don't agree with this President and his policies.

Anyway, I'm tired and I'm done commenting. But Yes, I could have a beer with you or many on the left. Just don't call me names if I disagree with you or condemn this President for his ACTIONS.

Hosea 7:13 "Woe unto them! for they have fled from me: destruction unto them! because they have transgressed against me: though I have redeemed them, yet they have spoken LIES against me. "

If they will speak lies against God, do we expect any different against us?

Proverbs 19:9 "A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish."

1 Timothy 4:2 "Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron."

fedex227
fedex227 11/25/12 - 11:09 pm
swcohen, didn't you get the memo?

... our plans for a subversive conversion from a federal constitutional republic to a socio-marxist-nazi state were supposed to be kept on the down low. Sheesh, some people.

Gotta run, Honey Boo-boo's on at 10.

KSL
KSL 11/25/12 - 11:44 pm
Enjoy!

Enjoy!

Jake
Jake 11/25/12 - 11:52 pm
Funny stuff

Some on here are envisioning a Catholic holocaust and others are envisioning an armed revolution. The movie establishment must have really gotten to you. I don't know about you all but I can establish reality from fantasy.

Remember how some were touting that Obama was going to quash the past election? You dudes are nuts.

rebellious
19998
rebellious 11/26/12 - 02:05 am
Better Off

than 4 years ago? Cohen must have worked for Solendra. Or the Federal Government.

Keep pulling from that government teet til she runs dry.

I find your arguments quite shallow and boring, as they have been repeated ad nauseum by the likes of Chris Matthews, Wasserman Shultz, Pelosi and Stephanopoulos.

Now where is that ignore button on this forum.

wayne2410
wayne2410 11/26/12 - 08:17 am
Just remember, rebellion is

Just remember, rebellion is honor in the face of tyranny. We have a president who does not believe in freedom, individual or religious, and is more of a terrorist to America than islam. Keep yourselves armed and ready fellow conservatives, the day is coming.

wayne2410
wayne2410 11/26/12 - 08:20 am
Agenda 21 folks, it is real

Agenda 21 folks, it is real and Obama supports it all the way. If he had his way 95% of us would be culled and the rest would live in a strict environmental facist state. Don't take my word for it, look it up and see what the enviro liberals have planned for us.