GOP must be more inclusive

Americans are thought to be leaning right of center politically speaking, yet Republicans have failed to garner more than 50 percent of the national vote. Are there too many hard-headed single-issue voters – many of whom did not even cast their vote because Republican candidates did not suit their particular priority?

History and logic tell us that to win Congress and the presidency, we have to accept a wider range of attitudes than the strictest rules of conservatism. Many social and religious issues have little to do with job creation and restoring the economy. With the media’s help, too much campaign time was spent on these issues to divert from economic failures of the past three years.

Many right-leaning voters want to establish another party closer to their philosophy to escape the image of “Republicans for the rich.” In a multiparty parliamentary system, the strongest party may never get more than 40 percent of the vote, and have to have a coalition partner to form a government – meaning more compromise.

The Republican Party will have to be more inclusive to Hispanics and others through education – showing that a reasonable capitalist system will lead them to more prosperity and not a socialist dictatorship.

S.G. von Schweinitz

Appling

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 04:56 pm
Hmmmm...in MY traditional

Hmmmm...in MY traditional home...we had chores...we couldn't have play time until we earned it. Not eveyone got the same things...the children who worked harder, got better things. We didn't put everything in one bin and divy it out according to each according to need, from each according to ability.

That was a strech beyond imagination. It appears you just don't understand conservative values and personal responsibility. I'm off to see my mother now....have a good day.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/23/12 - 05:02 pm
Re-Post

Since someone thought my post innapropriate, here it is cleaned up.

HA writes: "BTW...nice passive aggressive stab at me with your "I think you're intelligent enough to do so." People can see right through you."

No sense in giving you an honest compliment is there? Do you have the power to divine what's on anothers mind? Maybe I was wrong in my compliment of your intelligence, but I sincerly hope not.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 05:05 pm
Re-post to answer your

Re-post to answer your question again.

I would take it as a compliment, if your abusive nature in the past lead me to believe that you actually meant it as a compliment. Just like when you called me an Anne Coulter wannabe......That was a compiment, but I seriously doubt you meant it as such.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/23/12 - 05:12 pm
Jake, Your advice to put some

Jake, Your advice to put folks on the "ignore list" provided by the Chronicle is excellent.

I took it. Those who made the list may figure it out in time.

And, no CG, and quite a few other honest Conservatives, you did NOT make the cut list.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 05:07 pm
I don't think she will start

I don't think she will start 5th grade as an unabashed socialist. I also don't think she will be a master of mathmatics, but they teach that too.
--------
Ah, okay, it's all clear now. Your niece, in Ft. Worth, who is in the class of the 4th grade teacher who posted that quote, will be starting 5th grade in the future.

I'm sure you're aware that anonymous 4th grade teacher quote is from over 4 years ago, right?

Life presents such amazing coincidences! This anonymous teacher posting to a Dallas paper more than 4 years ago is YOUR niece's CURRENT low-income school teacher in Ft. Worth!

We spend a lifetime building our credibility...

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 05:12 pm
I'm glad you know so much

I'm glad you know so much about my family. I purposly don't give out the names or ages of my family for their protection. Same reason I don't post their pictures on facebook.

Hmmmmm....I don't see anywhere where I said what grade she is in now......methinks someone is making assumptions they know nothing about. Nice try though...if you can't attack the substance, attack the writer. It works for so many.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 05:13 pm
Hmmmm...in MY traditional

------------
That's funny, that sounds exactly like what you did. Now, if you split up the mortgage and bills equally, and let those who just didn't have the ability to quite earn their share go hungry to build their sense of innovation and incentive, THEN you would not have lived in a home of "to each according to need, from each according to ability." But unless that was the case, I'm sorry to break it to you ... Your family was a dirty socialist institution.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 05:15 pm
If you can't see the

If you can't see the difference, there is no way I can convince you...It's obvious to those who are open minded. My parents taught us to work for what we have, and sent us out on our own....they didn't teach us to depend on them for life for every aspect of our life.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 05:18 pm
Hmmmmm....I don't see

-------
Well HA, you said yourself she will enter the fifth grade. I know, its presumptuous of me to assume that means she is younger than the fifth grade. And before that, you said your niece was in the fourth grade class you were talking about.

So, if your niece is in that fourth grade class, and WILL enter the fifth grade as you say, and the quote itself is at least four years old, well ...

Reconstructing a lie isn't "attacking the writer", it's attacking the "substance". The "substance" was a lie.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/23/12 - 05:19 pm
burninater11/23/12 - 05:07 pm

Who ya referring to there? Sounds like you caught someone in a very poor fabrication.

Background please.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 05:21 pm
That is NOT what I said. I

That is NOT what I said. I said "I don't think she will start 5th grade as an unabashed socialist."

Nice try though.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/23/12 - 05:23 pm
Whoops

Cross post Burninator. Not being able to see all the posts is refreshing, but can be confusing.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 05:22 pm
If you can't see the

-------
I fully understand the difference, HA. It doesn't feel socialist when YOU are receiving according to need rather than ability.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 05:24 pm
I can't discuss things with

I can't discuss things with you if you are going to change what I said to make your argument.....so I'll take RA's advice and hit the ignore button.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 05:35 pm
Change what you said? You

Change what you said? You said your niece was in the class of the 4th grade teacher who said:

"I am a 4th grade teacher in a low income school. I do take up the students school supplies and put them all together. When a student needs something or runs out of something during the year I get it from the supply."

When I pointed out that quote was from an anonymous post on a Dallas paper, you said your sister was in Fort Worth.

When I asked you if your niece would be a Socialist in fifth grade because of this experience, you said "I don't think she will enter 5th grade as an unabashed socialist".

So you said she's in this teacher's 4th grade class in Fort Worth, and not yet in the fifth grade. I have changed nothing you said. The bomb, for you, was the news that this quote was more than four years old.

Please, hit the ignore button. I'm not a fan of people lying to me.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 05:39 pm
Good thing I haven't hit

Good thing I haven't hit ignore just yet, having been accused of lying (which violates terms of posting here btw) I can defend myself once again.

YOU said. "So, do you think your neice will enter 5th grade an unabashed Socialist?"

My answer was "I don't think she will start 5th grade as an unabashed socialist."
WHERE did I say she is entering in 4th grade about to enter 5th? I was simply answering YOUR question. I was using YOUR words for emphasis ie "entering 5th grade." I'm sorry if my writing style confuses you, but I thought I made it very clear.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 05:45 pm
HA, here's the relevant parts

HA, here's the relevant parts of the thread:

You: If all you are looking for is a class called "socialist indoctrination" then you are in trouble. It's far more clever than that. This is a quote from an actual public school teacher:

Me: Let me ask you, HA. Was this YOUR 4th grader? In YOUR school? Were those YOUR supplies being shared? No? Then maybe its not YOUR, or MY, business.

You: It was MY niece, so it is MY business. Thank you very much.

Me: I didn't realize your niece was in that anonymous poster in Dallas' class

You: And my sister lives in Ft. Worth.

Me: So, do you think your neice will enter 5th grade an unabashed Socialist? Has the damage been done?

You: I don't think she will start 5th grade as an unabashed socialist.

--------
Do you think its unreasonable of me to think, because you SAID she was in a fourth grade class and WILL enter fifth grade, that your niece is in fourth grade? Is this an unreasonable conclusion?

And the fact that this quote you claim is from the teacher of this fourth grade class your niece is in, but is actually more than four years old, well ...

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 05:50 pm
I suppose it is reasonable

I suppose it is reasonable that you misunderstood what I was saying. I apologize for that. I will try to be clearer in the future. No need to accuse me of lying though.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 05:58 pm
No need to apologize, HA,

No need to apologize, HA, although it is a kindness. I hear a lot of "personal" anecdotes from the Right and the Left about direct impacts of the opposing ideology. I am immediately suspicious when one of these stories comes up, particularly when it turns out to be an internet meme, occurring in a different state, multiple years ago. My apologies if my suspicions were unfounded.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 06:01 pm
We're good.

We're good.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/23/12 - 06:51 pm
See it's so easy to be nice.

See it's so easy to be nice. Me like. GOP needs to include more Democrats and Independents. hee,hee,hee. They need to embrace social freedoms so they can practice their religions while others practice their freedoms. Dictating a morality they can't even keep seems ludicrous. Needs to be a party with "heart" to reach people hearts-forget their intellect-if they have any pluck those heart strings works every time.

myfather15
myfather15 11/23/12 - 08:23 pm
Christ taught us not to cast

Christ taught us not to cast our pearls before swine. The pearl's are the Truth in this world. He is telling us to not cast the Truth to those who will just trample on it and try to destroy it. Some people are in serious trouble upon His return. I just hope they see the light before then and become morally upright, seeing truth.

KSL
KSL 11/25/12 - 04:16 pm
Just now read this thread.

I can't believe what some of the posters were getting away with.

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.