GOP must be more inclusive

Americans are thought to be leaning right of center politically speaking, yet Republicans have failed to garner more than 50 percent of the national vote. Are there too many hard-headed single-issue voters – many of whom did not even cast their vote because Republican candidates did not suit their particular priority?

History and logic tell us that to win Congress and the presidency, we have to accept a wider range of attitudes than the strictest rules of conservatism. Many social and religious issues have little to do with job creation and restoring the economy. With the media’s help, too much campaign time was spent on these issues to divert from economic failures of the past three years.

Many right-leaning voters want to establish another party closer to their philosophy to escape the image of “Republicans for the rich.” In a multiparty parliamentary system, the strongest party may never get more than 40 percent of the vote, and have to have a coalition partner to form a government – meaning more compromise.

The Republican Party will have to be more inclusive to Hispanics and others through education – showing that a reasonable capitalist system will lead them to more prosperity and not a socialist dictatorship.

S.G. von Schweinitz

Appling

ultrarnr
ultrarnr 11/23/12 - 01:08 pm
Reason to vote for Obama

The best reason why people voted for Obama is the Supreme Court.

David Parker
David Parker 11/23/12 - 01:09 pm
I believed you. I don't have

I believed you. I don't have a horse, yall are all the same to me and I'm all the same to yall from the response I actually have observed.

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 01:15 pm
ultrarnr.....the court that

ultrarnr.....the court that he rudely belittled at his speech?

grouse
grouse 11/23/12 - 01:21 pm
Perhaps education should

Perhaps education should "begin at home." We are nowhere near a "socialist dictatorship," which is actually a contradiction in terms...

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 01:26 pm
Education should certainly

Education should certainly begin at home....it's the best way to keep your child safe from the socialist indocterination of public schools.

ultrarnr
ultrarnr 11/23/12 - 01:43 pm
Public Schools

Socialist indoctrination in public schools??? Talk about demonizing what you do not agree with. to some people facts are something to be disregarded if they conflict with their views. I just looked at my daughter's high school catalogue and could find nary a class in socialist indoctrination. Guess Georgia public schools work a little differently.

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 01:50 pm
If all you are looking for is

If all you are looking for is a class called "socialist indoctrination" then you are in trouble. It's far more clever than that. This is a quote from an actual public school teacher:

"I am a 4th grade teacher in a low income school. I do take up the students school supplies and put them all together. When a student needs something or runs out of something during the year I get it from the supply."

How is that NOT socialism?

allhans
allhans 11/23/12 - 05:39 pm
I get the impression that RA

I get the impression that RA actually thought the world was ending - (thus the sky is falling comments) as we know it, and we began a brand new world Nov 6th.
Sorry RA. Nothing changed..haven't you noticed? Still slogging along in the muck.

Jane18
Jane18 11/23/12 - 02:16 pm
It Is What It Is(you are what you are)

It always amazes me how democrats and liberals seem to disagree and put us down, when some of us give "our way of life"(Christianity)as the reason behind how we live, vote, run our businesses, agree or disagree on certain matters, etc.. But when it is convenient for them, The USING of GOD, Jesus, and Christianity, doesn't bother or stop them. That's kind of play-acting isn't it? That's what a hypocrite is, or is it two-faced?.........

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/23/12 - 02:26 pm
RMSHEFF11/23/12 - 11:59 am

RMSHEFF writes: "Oh, and by the way, 49 % were able to detect the liberal lie."

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 02:33 pm
"Ummm, That means 51% were

"Ummm, That means 51% were able to dectect Romney's lies. Or, as Bill Clinton so aptly put it, "Arithmetic"."

Faulty logic.....but I'm sure you know that.

ultrarnr
ultrarnr 11/23/12 - 02:38 pm
Socialism

Thank goodness that 4th grade teacher is not actually teaching socialism. Wouldn't it be awful if children were taught to think critically?

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 02:47 pm
Well..the class isn't called

Well..the class isn't called socialism...but the lesson sure is. And her lesson had NOTHING to do with critical thinking. She was teaching them that they don't have personal property...it belongs to the collective and will be given out by an authority figure.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 02:50 pm
Good golly. A teacher pooling

Good golly. A teacher pooling 4th grade classroom supplies is now on the list of ways America is being destroyed by the hateful?

Y'all seriously need to take a breath and stop telling EVERYBODY how EVERYTHING they do is so evil unless YOU personally approve of it. People clearly have NO idea how damaging this type of attitude is to the Republican party.

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 02:51 pm
Yes it is.....It's sad that

Yes it is.....It's sad that you can't see that. What is wrong with a student being allowed to have their own supplies?

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 03:15 pm
HA, what is wrong is that

HA, what is wrong is that some people have become so obsessed with the ideology of self interest that now even sharing in a 4th grade classroom is a doomsday knell of pending socialist oppression!

I beg to differ that my "blindness" is sad ... It's sad that you can't see how ridiculous such a position is. It truly is. Some on the Right, more and more, are broadcasting a hypersensitive petulance that makes them increasingly difficult to take with any seriousness whatsoever. Obsessing over the significance of sharing(!) in a 4th grade(!) classroom does nothing but reinforce this impression.

I'm kind of beside myself at the pettiness of this specific meme. I really had no idea how far some have sunk in this obsessiveness. Thank you for keeping my eyes open to this kind of thing.

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 03:17 pm
Sharing is fine....FORCED

Sharing is fine....FORCED sharing is NOT. Liberals seem to be so generous with things that don't belong to them.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 03:26 pm
Sorry HA, I simply don't see

Sorry HA, I simply don't see the great evil in sharing 4th grade school supplies by a teacher in a classroom. America was built by people willing to help one another out. I am thankful that voters seem to want to continue this spirit, rather than fall in line with the extremist view that any level of sharing, even in the 4th grade classroom for pete's sake, is some kind of "Liberal" conspiracy.

We are free to disagree. It is still absolutely mind-boggling to me that people have taken this obsession to this new low.

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 03:34 pm
What makes you think they are

What makes you think they are WILLING to share? They are FORCED to share....they are NOT allowed to have their own supplies. Can't you see the difference? Teach them at an early age that it is normal to not be allowed to own anything, and that you get the things you need rationed out by an authority figure. One would have to be quite blinded not to see the problem there. It's mind-boggling to me to see people defend this. I know...just accept it as normal and become a good little worker......sorry...indoctrination didn't take with me.....you'll have to re-educate me.

I can't believe that it is now an "extremist view" to disagree with teaching children that they can't own their own things, that it must be portioned out by the authority figure. If that is the case, then call me an extremist. I'll wear that badge proudly, just like those extremist that rebelled against their country and founded this one.

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 03:36 pm
Some people have become so

Some people have become so obsessed with the idealogoly of self interest that they will vote for the President that will give them the most stuff....even if the country can't afford it.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 04:24 pm
HA, you have perfectly

HA, you have perfectly expressed a major way the Right has lost direction. The Right used to stand for local solutions to local problems with minimal outside interference, and the Right used to admire the use of a little common sense. A 4th grade teacher in a low income school finds a solution for the problem of some students ending the year with extra supples while some run out early? She comes to this solution by applying a little common sense? And she achieves the solution without turning to gov't? That, my friend, used to be the DEFINITION of how the Right felt America should work. Most of them didn't see the creeping Red menace everywhere they looked. Most of them didn't think 4th grade sharing was a Stalinist precursor to lockstep worker drones.

(And this is the funny thing. The students raised in those evil socialist worker drone schools where MY finger touched YOUR fingerpaint are one of the LEAST UNquestioning generations this country has ever seen. Authority figure rationing? You're seriously joking, right?)

Let me ask you, HA. Was this YOUR 4th grader? In YOUR school? Were those YOUR supplies being shared? No? Then maybe its not YOUR, or MY, business.

And sorry to bust the bubble, but the President wasn't elected because he's giving people stuff. Nobody's "getting" anything they weren't getting under Bush, believe it or not.

I'll make you a deal. Keep telling people the story of the evil 4th grade teacher, and the story about the president giving people stuff, and the story of the socialist indoctrination over shared paste, and that you're a Republican. Do that, and I PROMISE that I won't change anything about my message, and who my party of choice is. Deal?

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 04:39 pm
It is sad that you can't see

It is sad that you can't see the difference between people helping others and being forced to hand over their belongings to the collective. You can try as you might, but trying to make socialism seem OK will backfire. It has in every country it has been tried.

Asking me if I'm joking and the condescending attidude in an attempt to downplay the seriousness of things is not going to work either.

It was MY niece, so it is MY business. Thank you very much.

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 04:37 pm
"Nobody's "getting" anything

"Nobody's "getting" anything they weren't getting under Bush, believe it or not. "

Except for the record number of new food stamp and welfare receipients......believe it or not.

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 04:49 pm
I don't remember anyone

I don't remember anyone getting 90+ weeks of unemployment under Bush either....then again...not nearly as many people needed those things under Bush either.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 04:58 pm
Your niece? My apologies. The

Your niece? My apologies. The quote you used came from an anonymous post on a Dallas news blog, so I didn't realize your niece was in that anonymous poster in Dallas' class. Shouldn't have assumed, I suppose.

And you are correct, more people were on assistance due to the economy rather than some fictional Obama giveaway.

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 05:24 pm
And who's fault is the

And who's fault is the economy? Let me guess it's Bush's fault, right?

And my sister lives in Ft. Worth.

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 05:26 pm
It doesn't matter what Obama

It doesn't matter what Obama has actually given away....it's what the voters believe he is going to give them.....such as health care, food, housing, cell phones, etc.

burninater
burninater 11/23/12 - 05:36 pm
So, do you think your neice

So, do you think your neice will enter 5th grade an unabashed Socialist? Has the damage been done?

Humble Angela 11/23/12 - 05:51 pm
I understand that you don't

I understand that you don't see a problem with this, but I do. Socialism is a horrible thing to teach children as an acceptable way to live. It kills incentive and innovation. I don't think she will start 5th grade as an unabashed socialist. I also don't think she will be a master of mathmatics, but they teach that too. These things don't happen over night, but if you keep reenforcing them they do take hold. Your sarcasm doesn't change that. Everyone knows that if you teach them early, they accept it easier.

allhans
allhans 11/23/12 - 05:46 pm
NBC is cutting back and is

NBC is cutting back and is expected to let Matt Lauer and go which will end his 21 million dollars a year salary.

A few more of those and you will see the press reacting...Democrats will be tossed aside like road kill.