Remember - you voted for it

When your taxes go up in January, remember that you voted for it. When health insurance becomes a death panel, remember that you voted for it. When you find more mosques than churches in your neighborhood, remember that you voted for it.

When the military loses most of its funding and our nuclear arsenal is gone while the rest of the world is arming against us, remember that you voted for it.

When your children legally smoke pot and become dumb as posts, remember that you voted for it. When education is a socio-sexual experience in which Lincoln, Washington and Jefferson are only faces on coins, remember that you voted for it. When free enterprise is replaced by socialist poverty, remember that you voted for it.

Cowards who feed off the rest of us, demanding food stamps, free health care, endless unemployment checks and who are demanding crucifixion of the rich – who are the ones who offer jobs – do not understand the real America I grew up in.

America is the land of the free, not the freeloader. We will never be free of government if our future is to only hold out our hands and beg.

Clifford Henning

Graniteville, S.C.

faithson
faithson 11/19/12 - 02:21 pm
a third a third and a third

a third of the country is caught up completely in the faux/Am bubble of inane wants which are expressed so articulately by a portion of the conservative bloggers on these boards. a third of the country are caught up in the extreme Left where capitalism enslaves, we need more government and looking for ways to get rather than produce (not really many on these boards). a third of the country are cruising along, life is working fine, they don't want anymore government in their lives than necessary, some think their religion is under attack, others have their own religion and don't mind a little critisizm, some think taxes are miss-spent others just want their taxes better spent, some use the public education system others find private more to their liking, etc. etc. etc. I would suggest that those in the middle third should look to those issues that they can agree on instead of focusing on their differences. The way forward is in the middle, not on the extremes. And to all those 'end timers' who are planning for the failure of the great American experiment, I believe we the people can and will, in the end, overcome.

allhans
allhans 11/19/12 - 02:35 pm
From the Fake

From the Fake Obama...perhaps..

""The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

myfather15
myfather15 11/19/12 - 02:54 pm
@swcohen

Have you heard of Dietrich Bonhoeffer? Do some research on him. Now, I'm not saying the USA is facing a holocaust but if you don't believe policies of politicians can radically change a Country, you are sadly mistaken. These perfectly sunny skies you and other liberals are talking about, can quickly change. Political policies can send ANY Country into massive depressions, and destroy it.

Bonhoeffer warned time and time again that the policies of this Fuehrer would destroy Germany. He warned them for years and years that a holocaust type event would occur. He warned them all the way up until the time they hanged him. He tried everything he could to warn the people of what they were asking for, they didn't listen. Will we?? You can feel all cozy and warm living here in America but that can quickly change and it shall.

myfather15
myfather15 11/19/12 - 03:07 pm
@ICL and Humble A

TParty and people like him will NEVER listen to us. They believe ONE WAY and one way only. They won't listen that Churches and Christians help people all the time. Nope, if you don't believe in giving the government more and more money, it doesn't matter how much you actually help, they will say you don't want to help the poor. Just exactly what tparty did. He/she said that very thing.

Ignoring the fact that Churches all over this Country probably help more people than the federal government. A small community Church about 25 miles west of Augusta raise over $15,000.00 recently for a family where their 8 year old son was diagnosed with luekemia. One of the Church members even held a golf tournament fund raiser for the child. Another seperate small Church raised around the same amount for a family who lost their home in a fire. I personally know a Church in another community who assists people in paying their mortgage in cases where the bread winner has lost their job. But no, you won't hear about all the things on the news because as you guys said, Churches absolutely DO NOT do this acts of compassion for publicity.

Anyone who has heard me post before, knows I'm no fan of Churches and I do not regularly attend any Church. I give my alligiance to my Father and Him only. But Churches are absolutely amazing at helping the communities and thats a fact. My problem with Churches isn't their charity but the content of God's word being taught within them, but thats as far as I will go on that subject. For anyone to even attempt to say Churches don't help the less fortunate because "They haven't heard about it" is pathetic at best.

burninater
burninater 11/19/12 - 04:18 pm
Posters take note: if you say

Posters take note: if you say people are behaving like children, an indignant comment-pulling will ensue.

If you say people are freeloading cowards that want to nail people to crosses and leave them to die, then a publishing will ensue.

I find it hard to believe the Right is still unsure what types of their behaviors are increasingly leaving foul tastes in the mouths of the electorate.

And by the way, are people still holding the delusion that red states contribute more to the tax base than blue states? Apparently we are actively trying to redefine "freeloader" ...

burninater
burninater 11/19/12 - 04:21 pm
I tell you what, though. Keep

I tell you what, though. Keep on with the bitter attacks and the Chicken Little moaning. Y'all rode that train into 2012 defeat, and if you keep it up, y'all will ride that train into oblivion.

faithson
faithson 11/19/12 - 04:29 pm
Home Sales Spike, Again

The housing market has entered the stage of full-on recovery, according to the National Association of Realtors’ latest reading of the market. In October, existing home sales were up 10.9 percent from October 2011, while prices were up 11.1 percent. Compared with a year ago, the number of homes for sale in October 2012 was off 22 percent. To recap: inventory way down, prices and volume up significantly. Daily Beast

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/19/12 - 05:32 pm
burninater, sorry your

burninater, sorry your comment was pulled but we've all been there ourselves. Don't fret it.

Might have something to do with when your comment is directed at an individual, referring to them being childish as oppose to someone making a general statement that people as a group appear to be freeloading cowards.

Not sure if that's the case, just my 2 cents. (By the way, just because I responded to your comment, I hope you don't think I'm the one who complained to the moderator. Guess someone else didn't like your statement either.)

faithson
faithson 11/19/12 - 05:31 pm
Poll: Americans have more faith in Democrats

to pursue bipartisan solutions
Nearly two-in-three Americans say they believe President Obama will make a sincere effort to reach bipartisan solutions to the country’s woes, but only about half say the same thing about congressional Republicans, according to results of USA Today/Gallup poll released Monday.
Sixty-five percent of Americans said they believe Obama will make a sincere effort to work with Republican leaders to find solutions to the nation’s problems. Fifty-seven percent said the same of Democrats in Congress. Only 48 percent said Republicans in Congress will make a sincere bipartisan effort.
Democrats appear more bullish than Republicans that the opposing party will compromise, with 38 percent of the Democrats who were polled saying Republicans will make a sincere bipartisan effort, and just 27 percent of Republicans saying the same thing about Democrats.
Washington Post Sean Sullivan

faithson
faithson 11/19/12 - 05:35 pm
burn

not to worry, got caught myself in the 'individual attack' thing (sean jerked it and probably for the better), got to stay in the corporate when addressing issues. although I would like to give an especially 'repugnant' blogger my mind.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/19/12 - 06:08 pm
@faithson

With this I agree: "The way forward is in the middle, not on the extremes."

The extremes have got us where we are, including that clueless empty suit in the Whitehouse who is left of George McGovern.

Where are the Bob Kerrys, Jane Harmons, and Evan Bayh when you need them? I don't think the Democrat party has but a very, very few moderates left. The same may be true for Republicans.

burninater
burninater 11/19/12 - 06:04 pm
No worries ICL and faithson

No worries ICL and faithson -- ICL, I didn't think you complained about it, and it actually didn't refer to any specific poster. In fact, Mr. Moore's abuse warning actually came in the form of a question:

"Are you referring to other commenters as children?"

He wasn't even sure if it violated the terms, or if it actually referred to any particular commenter, but pulled it anyway. It's not so much my post getting pulled that bothers me, as the conjunction of that with this venom-filled letter that not only wasn't pulled, but was consciously selected for publication. It's the holier-than-thou "you be on your best behavior while we publish letters contemptuous of and insulting to half the population" nonsense that makes both fringes of the electorate equally repulsive.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/19/12 - 06:11 pm
Venomous?

Really? Truthful is more like it. Give it 4 years and see if this letter isn't prophetic.

burninater
burninater 11/19/12 - 06:35 pm
Itsanotherday, calling the

Itsanotherday, calling the majority of the country freeloading cowards that want to crucify people is truthful, not venomous? Keep remaining blind to the venom in that type of truthless, mindless slur, and your party will shortly be 100% obsolete. Unless I had seen it with my own eyes, I could not have believed that mature adults could be so wilfully shortsighted as to choose cathartic spewing of venom over political survival. To each their own, I suppose.

carcraft
carcraft 11/19/12 - 06:45 pm
Any thing like showing Paul

Any thing like showing Paul Ryan shoving granny off a cliff or implying Romney was responsible for the death of a steel worker's wife burninater?

carcraft
carcraft 11/19/12 - 06:47 pm
Yes those desperately

Yes those desperately clinging to their guns huh!

myfather15
myfather15 11/19/12 - 07:10 pm
One says venomous, one says

One says venomous, one says truthful. That's called personal opinion and it's protected by the first amendent. This author didn't attack anyone personally, he attacked ideals, which is suppose to be perfectly acceptable in this society. Burn, would you like to ban this person from expressing their opinion of the subjects he speaks about? If so, welcome to communism.I do believe thats the first thing Hitler and Mousolini did was take over all the media outlets so they couldn't print anything against the regime. Then they took over all the movies. Again, he didn't attack any specific person, but it seems he attacked ideals held by many on here, and they are all tore up about their ideals being attacked. You've never heard me say someone's opinion shouldn't be allowed, as vile as I may think their opinion is. I will voice my disagreement and the reasons for it and leave it at that. But someone on here appears to believe that peoples opinions should be "Pulled" because they don't agree with their opinion. Aaaaaah, the harsh truth of the lefts true feelings. If you don't agree with their beliefs, they would love to hush yours.

By the way, I have never reported ANYONE on any posts. I have very thick skin and can take any attack one may throw towards me. So if anyone wants to be blunt with their feelings towards me, go ahead, I will not report it. But I've been reported numerous times, as Sean could probably tell you. So it seems, the intolerance might be more one sided as well.

myfather15
myfather15 11/19/12 - 07:08 pm
@Carcraft

That's the philosophy of the left. The old saying "What's good for the goose, is good for the gander" doesn't apply to them. They can do and say the most vile dispicable things about anyone or anyone's beliefs/religion and it's perfectly acceptable. I have yet to see a single hard line leftist take a stance against ANYTHING the left does, no matter how wrong it may be. They are Semper Fidelis to their own. Now, on the other hand, I've seen numerous people on the right condemn a right wing politician when they do something wrong. Wait, but thats the problem with the left, they don't believe in a clear cut right and wrong. They don't judge peoples personal decisions or actions. Well, unless that person is a right wing conservative, then they love to attack their actions.

Democrats have in the past, had some of the most disgusting attack adds against their opponents, but you'll hear nothing from the other leftists about it. Just like the adds you are talking about, actually accusing right wing people of "Giving someone cancer" and the LEFT actually said Paul Ryan wants old people to die. How much more dispicable can it get??? Oooh yes, according to the left you can get much more dispicable, you could actually believe in God. Oooh the humanity!! People actually believing in some magical sky fairy that hates homosexuals, women and minorities.

burninater
burninater 11/19/12 - 07:11 pm
Myfather, you misread me. I

Myfather, you misread me. I wasn't calling for anyone's post to be pulled. I was calling for a post NOT to be pulled. I was trying to understand how a general comment about childishness would be pulled, when a general comment about cowardly crucifiers was chosen for publication.

I agree with you myfather, I think everyone's opinion should be expressed, warts and all. I understand the ACES' desire to moderate their forums, but don't agree with it. My only complaint is if they DO want to keep the conversation civil, they shouldn't publish abusive cr*p merely because it supports their editorial bias.

burninater
burninater 11/19/12 - 07:13 pm
Any thing like showing Paul

-----
Those types of tactics are just as sleazy as what the ACES is trying to do with letters like these, carcraft.

carcraft
carcraft 11/19/12 - 07:17 pm
The differance is that one is

The differance is that one is the personal opinion of an individual the others were part of a multi million dollar campaign to slime good people!

burninater
burninater 11/19/12 - 07:22 pm
I don't agree carcraft. It is

I don't agree carcraft. It is no longer the personal opinion of an individual when it is chosen for mass publication. When right-leaning papers all over the country are using their mouthpieces to spread propaganda like this, it is just as equally a multi million dollar campaign to slime good people. Both tactics fall in the category of sleazy propaganda designed to divide Americans.

allhans
allhans 11/19/12 - 07:40 pm
WOW..I thought that the

WOW..I thought that the lieberals won and everything is now hunky-dory.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/19/12 - 08:17 pm
He didn't say that did he?

"Itsanotherday, calling the majority of the country freeloading cowards that want to crucify people is truthful, not venomous? "

He DID say there ARE freeloaders, etc., and that is the absolute truth, not venom. People voted for government goodies, unless you believe they voted for 8% unemployment and the whole sordid record of Obama. His whole campaign was about giving "the people" more government largess.

KSL
KSL 11/19/12 - 10:14 pm
The number of job cuts

The number of job cuts occurring daily in the health services industry is alarming.

Www.dailyjobcuts.com

Smith case referred to Attorney General's office

A state probe into allegations former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith moonlighted for a hospitality company while drawing his Georgia State Patrol salary will be reviewed by the state attorney ...