Remember - you voted for it

When your taxes go up in January, remember that you voted for it. When health insurance becomes a death panel, remember that you voted for it. When you find more mosques than churches in your neighborhood, remember that you voted for it.

When the military loses most of its funding and our nuclear arsenal is gone while the rest of the world is arming against us, remember that you voted for it.

When your children legally smoke pot and become dumb as posts, remember that you voted for it. When education is a socio-sexual experience in which Lincoln, Washington and Jefferson are only faces on coins, remember that you voted for it. When free enterprise is replaced by socialist poverty, remember that you voted for it.

Cowards who feed off the rest of us, demanding food stamps, free health care, endless unemployment checks and who are demanding crucifixion of the rich – who are the ones who offer jobs – do not understand the real America I grew up in.

America is the land of the free, not the freeloader. We will never be free of government if our future is to only hold out our hands and beg.

Clifford Henning

Graniteville, S.C.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/19/12 - 09:59 am
Hoo Boy, we're degenerating

Hoo Boy, we're degenerating into a "Jesus" fight today. I bet Jesus is so proud.

Say, anybody know if the Good Samaritan was a Christian? How about that business of "forced" government charity when the bystander was pressed into service to haul JC's cross up the hill?

Let the "smug" begin.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/19/12 - 10:03 am
"I guess churches in Augusta

"I guess churches in Augusta get no publicity, since I never read anything they do. Other charities get things done around here, but rarely do I read any articles about the hundreds of churches"

You're right TParty....the church does what it does, not for publicity, but for love of Christ. There is no boasting about what the Church does but only the name of Jesus Christ. I'm sure you haven't darkened every church door in Augusta, nor looked at all the financial budgets of every church in Augusta, so speaking out of ignorance (not meant as a derogative statement Sean) is understandable. Just because you don't read everything the church does, doesn't mean the church isn't doing anything.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/19/12 - 10:10 am
ICL....it only took me 2

ICL....it only took me 2 seconds to find an article showing TParty was wrong anyway......If you dont' LOOK for the truth, you seldom find it.

TParty
TParty 11/19/12 - 10:19 am
Sorry I don't read

Sorry I don't read asubellringer.com

Today, I've read about a concert going to raise a million dollars to help those less fortunate, and James Brown turkey give away downtown. And then I read a letter from a Christian who is worried about Muslims, and comments from Christians saying help should only be given out with terms and conditions.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 11/19/12 - 10:20 am
most dims that are

most dims that are poloticians want credit for being generous..and thats only with other peoples money...remember the generous giving by previous dim prezs and v-prezs..didnt we have underware 1 year?

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 11/19/12 - 10:21 am
The world they made

It will be interesting to sit back and watch everything come apart as the economy tanks and unemployment rises along with taxes. Obamacare taxes rise as services are reduced. These liberals will be the ones yelling the loudest as they are forces to live in the "utopian" society they created.

TParty
TParty 11/19/12 - 10:25 am
Everyone on the far right who

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/19/12 - 10:33 am
"Everyone on the far right

"Everyone on the far right who is scared about Obamacare, are just using the math Rove uses, which is "just math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better"."

Tell that to the employees of Papa John's.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/19/12 - 10:34 am
"With so many churches in

"With so many churches in Augusta- it should be obvious the help that is provided, and maybe more love should be in Augusta- instead of being scared of Muslims and people will have access to health care."

It WAS obvious with a simple 2 second google.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/19/12 - 10:35 am
Did you read about all of

Did you read about all of these concerts for charity? Not in The Bellringer....but the AC....Pretty sure you read that.

Again...if you don't LOOK for the truth, you seldom find it.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/19/12 - 10:37 am
TParty, nice twist on what

TParty, nice twist on what was said. No where did I or anyone else put terms or conditions on charity....except for one condition (you actually need help).

Broad Street Ministries...provides clothing, food, programs for women and children, financial support and also has a Dental Clinic.

Angel Ministry which gives each child they sponsor two gifts at Christmas and provides a Christmas turkey dinner to the family.

Full Cicle Refuse Mission which I believe an article was written about just this week. Funny you missed that one TParty. This ministry interacts with yout-at-rick and incarcerated juveniles.

Mercy Ministries....provides financial suppoert for the homeless and after school programs for children, food and medicine.

Master's Table which is a soup kitchen, and who do you suppose is the biggest supporter both financially and with volunteers to assist in these ministries, TParty.

Yeah, the church.........now you know. And this doesn't even begin to touch all the ministries that each individual church sponsors through their own congregation.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/19/12 - 10:46 am
Example

The second collection @ my church has been for "Sandy Relief" for the last two weeks. That has occurred across the Diocese and I am sure the country as well. Probably won't be in the newspapers.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/19/12 - 10:43 am
"Somehow we must be living in

"Somehow we must be living in different dimensions. The world around here hasn't changed one bit and I don't forsee it changing. Wake up, have coffee, go to work, travel on days off "

Get back to me in 4 years....

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/19/12 - 10:43 am
"You're right TParty....the

"You're right TParty....the church does what it does, not for publicity, but for love of Christ. "

Some people just can't wrap their head around this concept.

TParty
TParty 11/19/12 - 10:43 am
"Tell that to the employees

"Tell that to the employees of Papa John's."

The guy CEO of Papa John's will lose 0.4% of profits, and in return his employees can have access to an affordable health care. That's what I would tell the employees, that his 0.4% is more important than their lives.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/19/12 - 10:47 am
That darn evil profit. How

That darn evil profit. How dare he!

The bottom line is, before Obamacare, they got more hours.......after Obamacare, the hours got cut. OBAMA'S fault.

Also...how much would it hurt the Franchise owners...you can bet it's more than 0.4% of THEIR profit.

TParty
TParty 11/19/12 - 10:48 am
"No where did I or anyone

Someone said something about people coveting it.

"TParty, maybe if you got around to more churches you'd know how they help the less fortunate. Since you are so concerned about what the church does, here is a list of a few ministries."

allhans
allhans 11/19/12 - 10:50 am
I am still in awe of "taxing

I am still in awe of "taxing the rich". Does any one wonder what happens when that is played out.
Attacking those who are paying for your livelihood would not as a rule be considered good business sense.

TParty
TParty 11/19/12 - 10:51 am
"That darn evil

"That darn evil profit."

Exactly. Putting money above the lives of fellow Americans, Americans working for them too.

But I forgot I boycotted myself from having these discussions with you, Humble A- since you admitted that if a business can legally do it, they can do whatever they want for profits. Meaning- if slavery was not illegal, then it's fair game.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/19/12 - 10:52 am
"About time. I've PM'd half

"About time. I've PM'd half dozen folks about this every time they say their church does something good- and I never hear back from them."

And did you go to the church to find out? I have my doubts.

If you dont' look for the truth...........

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/19/12 - 10:54 am
WOW...pretty good stretch of

WOW...pretty good stretch of putting words in my mouth....touche. Who can argue with you when I say things I didn't say?

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/19/12 - 11:03 am
my comment "No where did I or

my comment "No where did I or anyone else put terms or conditions on charity....except for one condition (you actually need help)."

your comment "Someone said something about people coveting it."

AND?

How is saying there are those who are not truly in need but "in want" and covet what others have to the point of insisting they are owed these things, any where, shape, or form, putting conditions on anyone. TParty, I'm sorry but you make no sense at all in that statement. Please explain your point again.

As stated earlier, the only condition (I see) that needs to be placed on charity/assistance (however you wish to describe it), is that someone is truly in need. If you are not, then you don't need assistance.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 11/19/12 - 11:06 am
TPARTY my contributions to my

TPARTY my contributions to my healthcare went up 500 dollars each of the last 2 years..i dont care if its the wall street journal or bloomberg or whomever writes an article that papa johns health care would be .4 percent that doesnt jive in the real world.employee cost is the main cost of any bisiness.. and we are just beginnig to see the taxes and rules for obumler care, its an on going process and by design to be written by the secretary of the health dept..and UNELECTED bureocrat...that ought to scare everyone...we screwed up health care for 92 percent of americans to help 8 percent ..who aint going to be helped...but ifs its so wonderful... why so many exemptions for friends of obumler...why did the dims in power write themselves ought of the bill?????? no one was being turned away from help including non-citizens...we could have fixed it but this was NOT really the intent of the dims..was it???

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 11/19/12 - 11:33 am
companies worried about

companies worried about profits....no kidding....no profits no reason to have employees ...kinda fundamental...aint it!!!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/19/12 - 11:54 am
nofan

Some seem to think companies are created to offer employment and benefits to Americans.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 11/19/12 - 11:57 am
I'm of the opinion that the middle class electorate

largely went stupid this last election, or at least some large segments of it did.

You'd think they'd have wanted to stay in the middle class more than they wanted Obummer, but I guess not.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 11/19/12 - 12:18 pm
itsanotherday***kinda like

itsanotherday***kinda like they view govt..except for the work part..contraty to all the libs thinking..we truly all want to help the down trodden etcc...except as a conservative we view compassion as a short period of time on govt assistance ...not generational and not as a farm to harvset more and more votes...just once in all the ranting and raving by those who want the taxpayers to pay more..can we not a least hear a thank you..instead of coveting more and more..and saying we havent done enough

Gary Ross
Gary Ross 11/19/12 - 01:44 pm
I didn't vote for this...

...but I do understand the points being made in this informative article. The fact is, we are all in this sinking ship together and no one is coming to our rescue. What I don't understand is this; Why do liberals continue to post comments like the ones here, some with increasing hatred and intensity? Could it be that they feel no one is really listening to their point of view and they must scream louder? Or do they feel conservative folks need to be beaten into submission? Or perhaps deep down they are unwilling to admit they made a mistake? Whatever it is, a broken ship cannot float, and the plug has already been pulled.

Can someone answer this obamacare question; If my hours get cut to part time so my employer doesn't have to provide benefits and I cannot afford to get insurance on my own for my family, and I pay the fine which is really a tax, will that qualify us for free health insurace?

owensjef3
owensjef3 11/19/12 - 01:54 pm
This whole letter and

This whole letter and everything that has appeared on this thread is just dumb. Why does this hateful and non factual letter make the paper?

swcohen
swcohen 11/19/12 - 02:10 pm
Red wine vinegar?

Man, those are some monumentally sour grapes. Mr. Henning would serve himself well if he stopped listening to AM 580 all day long. It can be entertaining, but this is a good example of what too much of it can do.

Take a deep breath, exhale slowly, and switch your car radio to some nice contemporary jazz station. Ahhh, better already. There isn't much that Miles Davis can't cure.

Now look out the window. See the USA out there? That's pretty much the same USA that you'll see in 2016. I mean, really... when has congress done much of anything at all? You think they can totally remake the nation during the prez's second... and final... term in office? Fat chance.

If the GOP can recenter itself as a party representing more than just angry middle-aged white guys, they'll likely win the next election.

Then you'll read asinine apoplectic apocalyptic (alliteration... I'm on a roll here...) screed from all of the outraged Lib-Dems. I know you'll enjoy that.

More than 2,000 get meal at annual dinner

More than 800 volunteers served a hot meal to more than 2,000 homeless people at James Brown Arena on Saturday at the Bridge Ministry's annual Thanksgiving Dinner.