The revolution has arrived

A quote, often attributed either to Thomas Jefferson or Benjamin Franklin, stated the need of a revolution every 200 years. The one we are witnessing now is the one – a popular revolution that will bring changes to our country for the next two centuries.

Will the country be divided? Of course it will – it happens with any change. But finally it will take us out of an enduring permanency, and hopefully will make us less isolated from the rest of the world.

Joaquin Godoy

Aiken, S.C.

willie7
willie7 11/15/12 - 01:14 am
An excellent description of

An excellent description of what is happening in our country today. Changes are being made for the best!!!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/15/12 - 03:34 am
It was Ben Franklin

What he meant was that in order to promote a big change we must be willing to go to any length short of murder to make sure that we are heard by our leaders. If they don't listen then we force them to by mere physical numerical superiority!

carcraft
carcraft 11/15/12 - 06:31 am
Big changes, chronic high

Big changes, chronic high unemployment, record deficits every year, "green energy" BS ( once again Obama lied when he said "the earth is heating up faster over the last ten years than expected”, the truth is there has been no warming for 16 years), sky rocking health insurance prices and higher gasoline and electrical costs, and we may well be slipping back into a recession! Obama had a meeting to figure out how to get the economy going, meet with union leaders and socialist, no business people present. Here comes round two, of course Obama will need someone to blame or something to blame for his continued failures! Revolution? No more of the some, of course Obama's golf game may improve, he won't have to campaign most of the time and instead of governing he can just keep playing golf!

soapy_725
soapy_725 11/15/12 - 08:18 am
Socialist

rely on constant revolution. It allows them to lie about their unrealized utopian dreams. Oh, we need another revolution, that one did not cut deep enough. And so on and so on. Read your Marxist books. Revolution for the sake of revolution. Socialism is an inevitability because of over population and ineffective economics. Get on the winning team. Sarcasm 101.

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 11/15/12 - 09:19 am
Americans are rightfully unimpressed with rich white people

who think they can buy the government they want for their own selfish reasons. That's what we've really freed ourselves from, Citizens United notwithstanding.

scgator
scgator 11/15/12 - 09:34 am
..........Will the country be

..........Will the country be divided? Of course it will – it happens with any change.............................. "But finally it will take us out of an enduring permanency, and hopefully will make us less isolated from the rest of the world."

If you think change is going on now, just wait until the proposed Puerto Rico / 51st State status comes to fruition, and let those who are currently on public welfare, be told that there is little or no money because of adding more Hispanic population (both legal AND illegal) to the roles. Yeh, you're right, we will have a "revolution", a welfare revolution................READ, pages 1131-1133 of the OBAMACARE bill where it states that we are obligated by the new law to give medical funding to Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the Virgin Islands; $7B to Puerto Rico by itself !!!!..............THEN, if that doesn't get your attention, go to the section on "eligibility status" and you will see that SS and Homeland Security ADMIT that they ALREADY know that there will be some on the system who are not really eligible, but then in the next subsection of the bill (law), it makes it "illegal" to create a federal database in order to track those who are receiving services illegally !!!!!!! Keep in mind OBAMA supporters, YOU too, will have to pay for this.............

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 11/15/12 - 09:53 am
What revolution?

... a popular revolution that will bring changes to our country for the next two centuries (Joaquin Godoy).

What popular revolution is this letter talking about? Why should we think our country, which is drowning in debt, will last two more centuries?

There's little rhyme or reason to this letter.

scgator
scgator 11/15/12 - 10:14 am
What is amazing to me, is

What is amazing to me, is that "some" will give posts a "thumbs down" for telling the TRUTH !!! EVERYTHING in my recent posts is backed up and validated simply by reading the actual wording in the OBAMACARE bill.............I still wonder about people who get upset, because someone else tells the truth!!!!

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/15/12 - 10:38 am
bubbasauce
bubbasauce 11/15/12 - 11:38 am
So true scgator. A lot of

So true scgator. A lot of people cannot accept facts!

scgator
scgator 11/15/12 - 11:42 am
I vow now, that I will NOT

I vow now, that I will NOT hire ANY non-American, nor will I seek to be politically correct in ANY of my hiring. Washington did NOT build my business, I DID, through MY customer base................I will not participate in OBAMACARE, even if I have to shut my business down !!! It is, what it is................

Darby
Darby 11/15/12 - 12:42 pm
"Changes are being made for the best!!!".....

......Willie7, you keep telling yourself that. It will keep you distracted until it's too late to save yourself from the inevitable. Sort of like keeping a man on Valium until you start the lethal injection.

Darby
Darby 11/15/12 - 12:59 pm
"Unemployment?"

Good point RA, you too have noticed that states with Republican governors and/or legislatures are faring better than those run by Democrats.

Just imagine how much better things could be if the American people had ended their failed experiment in affirmative action rather than voting to endorse total, proven incompetence. Kind of like someone I know who kept pouring borrowed money into a business that everyone else knew was DOA. Nothing could make him see the light either.

On the upside, he and his family probably now qualify, on one level or another for some of Obama's free money.

john
john 11/15/12 - 01:48 pm
change?

I wonder if congress should just get out of the way. Give this administration and the kook left in congress everything they want for a couple years. Then the American people will see finally what happens when this JV squad is really in charge. We are headed for the cliff anyway, might as well use it to write the obituary for the democrat party. At least this brand of them.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/15/12 - 03:24 pm
Progressives believe America

Progressives believe America is bad so they plan to deconstruct into a new non-nation. Progressives believe all the white folks who worked hard, got an education, and had some success are evil and need to be destroyed-because they made money-Oh god forbid. IN the new non-nation no one will work we will all live in a govt run paradise where we are told what to eat and what to do-its all for our own good. I know that is the change that many of you anticipate. Fair and level playing field oh don't be naive-the field is just changing players.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/15/12 - 03:34 pm
Man progressives are blood

Man progressives are blood thirsty-hang the constitution let's kill terrorist-except at Gitmo where they need civil rights (oh that's logical), it is about the right to privacy but just love killin' babies, let's just fly over with a drone and drop a bomb and kill all of them-if we keep killin' muslims were bound to kill a few terrorist. We know they are terrorist because the intelligence agencies (you know the ones that told us that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction) say their bad-that's all the evidence they need. Now Godoy wants more violence and a civil war where I predict they want ethnic cleansing -kill all the WASPS. I lament for the days of the pacifist liberal over the blood-thirsty progressive. Paradoxical they call for big govt with one hand and anarchy with the other.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/15/12 - 04:17 pm
With any luck the justice

With any luck the justice department will be swoopin' down on Godoy for inciting riots, civil unrest, and insurrection. Rules for Radicals wasn't for violent over throws.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 11/15/12 - 04:36 pm
I remember

reading god obama's commandments. One said "and the LAZY shall inherit the earth". Damn if they haven't.

Young Fred
Young Fred 11/15/12 - 04:46 pm
LOL scgator, I quoted parts

LOL scgator, I quoted parts of the health care law the other day, and was accused of making a straw man argument! I know how you feel.

As to the letter writer and her supporters, after reading their comments and many like them over the last few months, I feel like I’m living in some kind of giant Hollywood production!

Was Mr. George Orwell prophetic or what?!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/15/12 - 04:47 pm
I Said

one day after the 6th....Watch the "NO Shot Fired Revolution" begin...I wasn't wrong, was I?

deportem
deportem 11/15/12 - 09:11 pm
Press "2" for English!

There are probably 20-30 million Illegal Aliens in the US, contrary to the 10-11 million figure given by the government.
Once they are given citizenship and the right to vote, the US will change radically. The Democratic and Republican parties will be replaced by the Hispanic National party. In 20 years, you will be pressing "2" for English.

myfather15
myfather15 11/15/12 - 11:37 pm
@John

I must agree, It hurts me deeply to see my Country going down hill but I believe it's time to give them the reigns. Sometimes, when people want to dig a hole, you should give them a shovel. Obviously, if the election was honest and factual, the American people voted for this, so give it to them. I personally do NOT believe our elections are honest because there is way to much voter fraud. But there is no way of us proving this beside trusting the government to investigate it. That would be like asking Bernie Madoff to investigate financial fraud.

But I do believe it's time for the congress to bend a lot and stop playing partisan politics. The American People have spoken. Give them the reigns and let them take it. Yes, I believe it will be disasterous but maybe American citizens would learn a lesson. We could recover and it would probably end up with republicans winning the White House for 30 years. But, if the left wildly succeeded as they claim they will, then I suppose we would be all the better.

myfather15
myfather15 11/15/12 - 11:56 pm
Illegal aliens??

Isaiah Chapter 1:7 "Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers."

Isaiah 1: 19-21: "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

20:But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

21:How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.

Isaiah 1:23 "Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them."

The last verse (23); Wow, doesn't that describe our leaders of today. Princes are nothing more than the leaders. Companions of thieves? You better believe it. Everyone loveth gifts? Are you kidding me? Wasn't there just a story in the Chronicle about Georgia lawmakers getting complimentary box seats for the Falcon's games? Thats just a small example, when there are many much larger examples. Followeth after reward?? If you don't believe our leaders do this, theres nothing I can say to you.

If you read earlier in the chapter, it says from the sole of the foot even unto the head, there is no soundness within it, talking about the nation. It's talking about the leaders, from the smallest cities, towns and county leaders, to the head (largest government/federal). Corrupton is rampant, there are no sound leaders of principal. ALL our leaders are corrupt. I've seen this personally for many years. From small town counselmen to county commissioners getting sweetheart deals for them and their friends, to the largest level of federal government. If you believe this post is directed towards leftist politicians, you would be far from correct. This includes EVERY ONE OF THEM. Democrats, Republicans, Liberitarians, Independents, Green partiests, ect. They are all self serving and power hungry.

Young Fred
Young Fred 11/16/12 - 01:49 am
Myfather15,

Though I agree, or at least sympathize with much you have to say, I have to disagree with your take on congress.

The House of Representatives is the quintessential representation of a true republic. The first and last defense of voters. To heck with “going along to get along”. How about voting according to the electorates wishes? Now that's a novel thought!!

myfather15
myfather15 11/16/12 - 12:28 pm
I was in no way saying "go

I was in no way saying "go along to get along." My thoughts were that for once, we should let them have the reigns to direct this carriage. I believe this will have dismal results and they will come close to destroying the Country. Maybe thats what it will take to get American Citizens to stop the politically correct non-sense and pay attention. Maybe once we see the lefts ideas are non-sense, then we will get back on the right track. But as long as things keep going the way they are, President Obama and the left will just continue to call congress obstructionists and blame them for the Countries shape. So I'm saying, give them what they want, not to appease them but to let them hang themselves. Their plans will not work, so let them try them and WE can correct the Country later when American's see the left for what they are. Obama won the popular vote, not by much but he did. So let the American People get what they deserve!!

1988 Graniteville slaying still unsolved
Aiken County police were certain Wendell Kenneth Gilbert's 1988 death was drug-related, but they never found his killer, who fled in a red Ford Mustang.