The immoral majority won

There are two roads leading to the White House: the high road and the low road. The low road begins where the high road ends.

Mitt Romney was unwilling to travel the low road, and therefore was not elected president. President Barack Obama won because he was more ambitious and willing to travel the low road to earn the votes of the reprobate and baser elements of the American electorate.

The Occupy Wall Streeters, public assistance recipients and those with despicable lifestyles were the difference in this election. The immoral majority won.

Kevin Palmer

Martinez

KSL 11/15/12 - 06:12 pm
And there is nothing more

And there is nothing more rabid than an ultra liberal Democrat, progressive. You have read Rules for Radicals. You know what I am posting about.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/15/12 - 06:17 pm
KSL writes: "What happened to

KSL writes: "What happened to you in life that has caused you to have to continuously TRY to insult people. I don't think that is what the Army taught you unless you were a permanent drill Sargent."

Uuumm, I kept my eyes open for the hypocrites? The only folks who are truly insulted, are those who know deep in their hearts down at gut level that there is truth what i throw out. Those who have little or no ability to admit their own faults and take gratitude in the Great fact that despite their own best efforts God still let's them live here are sad to behold indeed. I've had many mentors who were good at getting to me like that and I thank God for every one of them as uncomfortable as it was for me at the time.

What others think of me is none of my Damn business. Many try to make it that way, but it would eat me alive and I've better things to do with my life than passing out false info to get you to like me. That will eventually harm both parties everytime. I'd much rather have folks hate me for what I am than love me for what I'm not.

faithson
faithson 11/15/12 - 06:19 pm
ohh RA, your on a roll

much of your experiential parallels mine. Just out here puttin' my time in, doin' what we see needs to be done. Am glad that 5 of my children saw fit to vote, I am especially proud that they have taken their duty to our country seriously. I have many a friend, especially since i am a church goin' Catholic, who cannot for the life of them understand my political positions. All one can really do is 'live' what you believe and let the chips fall where they may. As to these boards, I kinda feel like we are back in the 60's arguing the '64 civil rights bill, we being on the side of history.

KSL 11/15/12 - 06:26 pm
Conservative states have

Conservative states have fewer citiies where there are some hugely haves and a lot of have nots.

Philly is a fine example. Check out the illegitimacy and graduation rates.
While you are at it, check out the New black panthers.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/15/12 - 06:29 pm
CG writes: "Oxycontin doing

CG writes: "Oxycontin doing wonders for the back."

No CG, oxcontyn is a wonderful drug that only treats the pain not the cause of the pain.

Had my zipper on L4-L5 installed in 1985 and that took care of the problem for the last 27 years. It's begining to deteriorate again as of late, but for now Ibuprofen addresses the pain. Saw my Dr. yesterday and the MRI shows a degradation of the disc, not catostrophic, but on the rise and I will eventually be in your shoes with the choice of narcotic meds or curative surgery if I'm lucky.

KSL 11/15/12 - 06:35 pm
You are already lucky. You

You are already lucky. You won't be relying on Obamare like I will have to.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/15/12 - 06:36 pm
Faithson writes: "ohh RA,

Faithson writes: "ohh RA, your on a roll much of your experiential parallels mine"

Thanks. Truth be told much if not most of all human experience is parallel. It's what we do with it that makes us different.

One of my best mentors, passed on now, but I can still see his pudgy little finger pointing in the air as as he expounded "Unexamined experience is as worthles as "feeding ports" on a boar hog.

KSL 11/15/12 - 06:39 pm
Just because I have paid into

Just because I have paid into Medicare since it was established. Instead of insults, could you actually point our why I am wrong to worry with facts?

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/15/12 - 08:10 pm
You are already lucky. You

KSL qwrites: "You are already lucky. You won't be relying on Obamare like I will have to."

Well, if it makes you feel any better I get to start paying some of your health care costs in January.

Imagine that. 20 years of service to the nation with a promise all those years of "FREE" healthcare for life and now beginning on Jan 20th I can look forward to 97.00 a month for Medicare on top of the $1,600 a year for tri-care. Some free eh.

faithson
faithson 11/15/12 - 06:45 pm
votes of the reprobate and baser elements of the American elect

hopefully, most on these boards do realize how damaging the 47% comment by mittens was to his campaign. We live in a democracy, for all its faults, it is the best form of government on the face of the earth. Of course mediocracy is, and will be a problem as we move forward. Yet at this point in time, to think that many of us would embrace the elite republican agenda of 'the wealthy', that bastardizes the value of those in need, is a problem those who espouse 'republicanism' need to deal with.

KSL 11/15/12 - 06:47 pm
Y'all really need to get out

Y'all really need to get out of the 60's. It really is not about race as much as some seem to think it advances the agenda.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/15/12 - 06:54 pm
It Would BE Wrong RA

to get into a endless debate on My Feelings, Your Feelings, My Facts, Your Facts, My Beliefs, Your Beliefs at this time. It would be almost like debating religion which I never do. One of us is Right and One of us is Wrong. Less just stay with uppers or downers and have a beer summit 3 years from today. The living Facts at that time will provide a winner but I trully feel that both of us will be losers. You agree on that summit?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/15/12 - 07:01 pm
RA

I have No disc between the bottom 3. The only operation available to eliminate the pain would be a fusion of all 3 placing me in a position that I could not even wipe my self or tie my shoes. I'll stay with the Oxycontin and no pain.

KSL 11/15/12 - 07:25 pm
faithson

How about the comment about 57 states?

KSL 11/15/12 - 07:26 pm
He didn't say 51 or 48, or

He didn't say 51 or 48, or even 49.

KSL 11/15/12 - 07:32 pm
Why couldn't Obama admit who

Why couldn't Obama admit who and what he is and then let the American voters decide?

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 11/15/12 - 07:52 pm
RA

You spent 20 years in the Army and thank you for your service. It seem ironic that we have fought two world wars and several others to defeat Marxist dictatorships all over the world leaving American blood on every shore and then we turn around an elect a marxist to run our country. Remember the story of the Trojan horse. We accomplished at the ballot box what our enemies were never able to do. Look around the world at all the prosperity marxism had ushered in.

KSL 11/15/12 - 08:16 pm
RA

You only know what you deem as racist hypocrites, whether they are or not if they were from the south. Were you originally from the South? Or are you a total transplant via Ft G.

KSL 11/15/12 - 08:29 pm
My question for RA is why I

My question for RA is why I have so many friends who look beyond labels. Been happening since school in the 1960's. I was not a taxpayer in the early 60's. Why are we being punished? Why not go after the African sellers and their descendents.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/15/12 - 08:46 pm
RMSHEFF11/15/12 - 06:52 pm

RMSHEFF writes: "It seem ironic that we have fought two world wars and several others to defeat Marxist dictatorships all over the world leaving American blood on every shore and then we turn around an elect a Marxist to run our country."

The breadth of ignorance in this statement astounds me. I do NOT use ignorance in a pejorative manner here, as ignorance itself is not a failing but a condition. So before you go running off to the monitor to have this deleted PLEASE look the word up in the dictionary for it's true meaning.

Now on to the post. Mr RMSHEFF, since it is apparent that you are able to read and write might I respectfully suggest you do a little of the reading so that you won't have to appear so foolish in future posts?

We did NOT fight Marxism in either of the two World Wars. This is not open for debate. It is a fact. I think even some of my most cantankerous detractors can and will attest to that.

The outcome of WWI did leave a vacuum for Marxism to gain a foothold in Russia, but the really ironic thing is that the Communist/Marxist Nation State of the USSR was our ally against the Fascist states of mainly Germany, Italy and at the closing stages Japan. Again, historical fact not open to debate.

If you tried making your statement at any junior high school around the world, let alone the US you would get what you deserved, a big fat F!

We're agreed on this one back handed statement from your post. Marxism seems to have failed world wide and is not a major player in any of the world's leading nations. Good for that.

But to say that our duly elected President of the United States is a dedicated Marxist is one of two things. A hissy fit of a damnable lie or a state of ignorance(again not in the pejorative).

Please feel free to prove me wrong. I did defend your right to freedom of speech, but I also chose to speak the truth. Give me a CREDIBLE source that proves our President is a Marxist. I and about 63,000,000 (that's million) Americans will be waiting for that information, although I feel secure in the thought that it will be quite the lengthy wait.

I leave the choice to you.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/15/12 - 09:03 pm
KSL11/15/12 - 05:47 pm

KSL writes: "Y'all really need to get out of the 60's."

Whaaaat? Elvis, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Martha and The Vandella's, 15 cent McDonalds hamburgers, 10 cent fries and 20 cent milkshakes, not to mention a hot rod custom Canary Yellow 56 Ford Crown Victoria with a T-bird 312 V8 4 barrel, dropped and glass packed with Tiujana tuck n' roll upholstry? It'd do an honest 130mph wide open down Clovis Ave. Spent many a Saturday night huntin' 55/56 Chevy's for a small sportin' event.

Y'all think I dropped outta high school in 62 to live a dull life?

A concession to CG, George Jones, Patsy Cline, Hank Snow, Jim Reeves, Buck Owens and a young up and comer from Texas, Willie Nelson-Sorry CG the Real Hank Williams was already dead-but not forgotten-by the 60's

myfather15
myfather15 11/15/12 - 09:47 pm
@RA

Give me evidence of anyone being a racist. Give me evidence of someone being a sexist, homophobe or bigot!! Do you even know what evidence is?

What you are asking for is no different that asking for evidence of these I've mentioned. There is no possible way of PROVING a persons internal feelings towards other human beings. The only way to prove, without a doubt that someone is racist, sexist, homophobe is to get them to admit it. That is the ONLY WAY, period and THAT isn't up for debate either. But wow, does the left like to throw out these titles towards people on the right.

You can say a law enforcement officer is racist because he beat up a black person, but is that actual proof? Or is that just an opinion? What if a police officer forms a pattern of only fighting people of a certain race? Is that clear EVIDENCE? I still say it's not ABSOLUTE, CLEAR EVIDENCE but you're getting closer. It's still impossible to PROVE a persons philosophy unless that person admits to it.

Obama is no different, He is a marxist and the only "Credible Source" as you put it, might be from HE HIMSELF. In his book he claims Frank Marshall Davis as the most influential person in his life. Davis being a committed marxist communist. What about William Ayers, another affiliaton of Obamas and another committed marxist communist. What about his own father, a anti-collonialist and marxist communist. What about George Soros? Another marxist communist. This list could actually go on for a while. Lets play a little game of fill in the blank. Birds of a feather, flock ________. Show me your friends and I'll show you your _________.

So, even though it would be impossible to PROVE he is a marxist, without him admitting it, to any common sense utilizing human being who pays attention to whats going on in the world, theres no question. The only people who would argue with this are those committed liberals and people who are willingly ignorant of world events and politics.

Young Fred
Young Fred 11/15/12 - 10:38 pm
Retired Army 11/15/12 - 07:46 pm

RA, I do believe you're mincing words. Either that or you suffer from that which you accuse RMSHEFF of.

I'm sure you're aware of this, but -

There are two basic forms of government. One where freedom has the upper hand, and one where government has the upper hand. On the one hand you have democracy and republics or free peoples. On the other you have Marxism, dictatorships, socialism, monarchy, communism, or totalitarian/statist governments.

Just as many call our republic a democracy, many call totalitarian governments Marxism or socialism, etc. Doesn't really matter in the greater scheme of things, because informed people get the gist without nit picking minor degrees of a point.

On to the debate. We are a free people (at least we believe we are).

Many in this country believe they've seen a steady erosion of our freedoms over several decades, with an accelerated loss of freedom since the 2008 election (or the 2004 election). Kind of an all out power grab. Most whom believe that, envisioned a country that “woke up” and would repudiate that power grab. They also believe that capitalism (controlled for its excesses) is the single best vehicle for a greater standard of living for all.

On the other hand you have those that believe our govt should insert itself into ever increasing aspects of our personal lives, in order to insure fairness, equality, and justice. That capitalism has not properly been controlled for its excesses, and govt should and must insert itself in order to insure a more free society.

We've been experimenting with the proper balance for almost two and a half centuries.

One side believes the ever encroaching power of govt taking over personal freedoms is a bad thing. The other side believes govt encroachment represents the only way a suppressed people has redress. I should mention the power of the uber wealthy is thrown about in this argument, but the uber wealthy always have and always will have a disproportionate influence NO MATTER WHAT FORM OF GOVERNMENT.

History tends to favor one side of that argument. Perhaps we've advanced enough as a civilization where the “other” side would provide a better standard of living for all. I guess we are going to find out.

allhans
allhans 11/15/12 - 10:38 pm
Speaking of Obamacare..A

Speaking of Obamacare..A family of four making less than $92,400 can get credit on their taxes at years end to supplement their insurance payments. Which means one would go all year and then some to see how much credit that might be. A big problem with that is that no one on a panel this week could say what would happen if you owed no taxes upon filing. Would you get a check..would you forfeit any credit? So many questions and NO good answers. Just money going out, and then more money going out.

allhans
allhans 11/15/12 - 10:42 pm
YF - Greg Gutfeld says that

YF - Greg Gutfeld says that people don't mind government at their dinner table but don't want government in their bedroom.
Makes sense.

KSL 11/15/12 - 10:47 pm
RA

Continues to reveal about himself. Today he dropped out of high school. The other day he had hit a peak beyond which he could go no further, no more for him to learn.

What a waste. In the county I grew up in, separate schools and all, I could have been Hillary's roommate. Thank God I chose a different one of the 7 Sisters. I did love the mountains.

I was not the only one from my small southern segregated high school who went north. It was such a rotten and held down place from which to go, this poor fellow had to settle for MIT.

Do you think Hill would have enjoyed meeting these 2 southerners?

KSL 11/15/12 - 10:49 pm
We all matriculated the same

We all matriculated the same year.

Young Fred
Young Fred 11/15/12 - 11:12 pm
allhans

I would think a true libertarian would want neither. Gutfeld is alright I suppose, a bit bombastic for my taste. A bombastic personality is OK, if you've the facts and track record to back it up, Gutfeld hasn't quite made it there in my opinion.

KSL 11/16/12 - 01:05 am
ra

You flaunt you military heritage. Dang, my husband had this little mininiscule heart problem that kept him from getting a naval ROTC scholarship. He wanted it.

The army seems not to have heard about it and summoned him to Ft Jackson 4 years later.
Were is the fairness in that?

Can' t have the scholarship and the payback that goes with it.

But 4 years after he has paid for his education, retitrd army 's army is scouring around for former militarty rejects.

And just for RA, that would be in the summer of 1969.

I want RA to answer that question. He is so quick to respond to me.

KSL 11/16/12 - 01:19 am
What right I given to Obama

What right is given to Obama to lie about American proper? He does that all of the time.

Vogtle workforce hits 4,200

About 4,200 workers are employed at the Plant Vogtle expansion project where the first two reactors built in the U.S. in more than three decades are rising from the red clay.