Debate behavior deplorable

President Obama’s performance during the third presidential debate was disgraceful and a national embarrassment. He behaved like a desperate, weak, narcissistic, elitist who was never challenged (nor should be) on his record or words. Constant interruptions. Constant attacks based upon lies. His chronic use of “I,” “me,” and “my” coupled with his ramblings. Shameful.

One of his loftier falsehoods was that Mitt Romney wanted to destroy the American automobile industry by allegedly arguing that the federal government should not provide any assistance. You remember the exchange. Well, in a Nov. 18, 2008, op-ed in The New York Times, the 2012 presidential candidate who knows what he’s talking about wrote, “The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk.”

Speaking of American automotive industry destruction, Obama’s policies caused approximately 2,200 dealerships to close resulting in the loss of approximately 120,000 American jobs. Numerous GM plants were built in China under Obama’s guidance. His stimulus bill (supported by U.S. Rep. John Barrow) devoted $249 million to have electric car batteries made in Iceland. The company took the money and then filed for bankruptcy protection.

Another debate insult to our intelligence was when Romney spoke of Obama’s “apology tour” and said that Obama didn’t visit Israel – a true statement. Obama huffed and puffed and wallowed about how he visited Israel as a candidate in 2008 – also true. You see, candidate Obama does “A,” only to do “B” when he takes office. In other words, he was grandstanding as he was in 2008 when he promised to visit American troops while in Germany. Those plans were cancelled when he was told that he could not bring cameras and media.

Obama’s record is hostility toward Israel – the only other country whose people would die for America – and espousal of Islam and of Muslim nations. Look no further than his “my Muslim faith” comment and his “57 states” reference. From its website: “The Organisation (sic) of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) (formerly Organization of the Islamic Conference) … has membership of 57 states spread over four continents.”

Without his armada of teleprompters and media bodyguards, Barack Obama hasn’t much to offer when coherent, intelligent, honest dialogue about issues is required.

carcraft
carcraft 10/26/12 - 12:53 am
Excellent letter but I would

Excellent letter but I would not have brought up Muslim ties and think it is a stretch. President Obama did seem rude and lacking in data and understanding. Woodward is standing by his reporting in his book that sequestration was President Obama's idea. Having been signed into law there is no way it can be undone other than with Congressional then Presidential action. President Obama has no way to prevent sequestration and The Obama Campaign went into full damage control saying President Obama meant ""It shouldn't Happen". Without a teleprompter or when President Obama gets off message he is a disaster, remember the "you didn't build that" comment?

allhans
allhans 10/26/12 - 03:12 am
We might be in even bigger

We might be in even bigger trouble..this man could be re-elected.

And carcraft. I think Obama shows favoritism toward Muslim countries.

swcohen
swcohen 10/26/12 - 03:19 am
What channel was the Conservative Coverage on?

Evidently you watched a different debate. Or, you take issue with everything the President says or does, up to & including "Hello."

No matter. Say what you will, print what you will. My family & I already cast our votes for him.

wayne2410
wayne2410 10/26/12 - 04:32 am
There is no doubt Obama

There is no doubt Obama favors the muslim countries over Israel. If he is reelected and not having to worry about another election he is probably going to abandon Israel and out of frustration they will probably go ahead and attack Iran. Then we will have us a budding world war to try to put out all thanks to a president who will go out of his way to appease a muslim yet will refer to his own constituents as the enemy and accuse us of clinging to our guns and religion. If you voted for him all you have done is pinch off your nose to spite your own face but that is your right if that is what you want to do.

Techfan
Techfan 10/26/12 - 06:09 am
I saw the headline and though

I saw the headline and thought about a certain right wing (moderate. left wing, center left, center right,... depending on what day it is and who he talks to) candidate walking all over the moderator in debate #1. Lee must have been too busy checking out WorldNetDaily and Newsbusters and missed that one. Same old, same old from Lee's monthly letters.

Techfan
Techfan 10/26/12 - 06:16 am
"Win one for the Gippet." Lee

"Win one for the Gippet." Lee

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/26/12 - 06:27 am
So the left has no problem

So the left has no problem with condescending statements about bayonets (even though the president seems to be unaware that there are actually far MORE in use than in 1916), or childish comments like "we have these things called aircraft carriers." They have no problem with the President lying when he says he didn't cut drilling permits on federal land by 1/2.....which he did, but trys to divert by pointing to how much oil was produced on NON-federal land?

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/26/12 - 06:28 am
Humble Angela10/26/12 - 07:18 am

One of the best if not best description of Humility I have ever heard is the willingness to learn.

That being said, from the man's own mouth:

And the suspense of who the Comical is going to endorse for president is just unbearable.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/26/12 - 06:32 am
From the own man's mouth?

I guess RA will just discount THIS one though.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/26/12 - 06:34 am
More from his own mouth.

I guess we are to ignore when Obama lies....right?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/26/12 - 06:41 am
Judging by the down-thumbs, I

Judging by the down-thumbs, I assume that there are those that DO think we should ignore when Obama lies.

carcraft
carcraft 10/26/12 - 07:13 am
Rtired Army- Obama flip

Retired Army- Obama flip flopping on gay marriage, attacking a country that isn't a direct threat to the US without congressional approval, the debt ceiling, sequestration, closing Gitmo, no lobbyists in cabinet, open government, posting bills on the inter net, holding the health care debates on C-span. It seems both have flip flopped. The problem for Obama is the economy sucks and he has no answers other than tax the rich and increase government spending.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 10/26/12 - 07:09 am
also remember obumlers

also remember obumlers sarcastic remarks about the military not using bayonets and horses anymore..perhaps our child commander and campaigner ought to be reminded that just last week a statue at the new freedom tower in new york city was unvieled to honor our special ops forces..a special ops soldier on horseback...opps

Tullie
Tullie 10/26/12 - 07:11 am
Angela

Apparently there are quite a few people in the Augusta area that think it is ok to ignore when Obama lies.

Take a look a the contribution list for Augusta if you have not done so.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/26/12 - 07:32 am
Not lying?

You would think that a person who retired from the Army would have KNOWS that this was an absurd remark. Oh well...race and party blinds many.

Techfan
Techfan 10/26/12 - 07:38 am
FYI, I feel the same way

FYI, I feel the same way about Lowell Greenbaum's monthly letters. The second largest metro area in the state and every month there's a letter from the same 5 or 6 yahoos? The source doesn't matter? So if I post from the DailyKos, Media Matters, Alternet, etc. you'll take what they say at face value? I find it hilarious, since many of the right wing posters on this site have a fit if you use Factcheck.org, calling it a left wing biased site, blah,blah, blah. If someone tells me it's raining for 10 days in a row and I look outside and every time the sun's shining, I'll be sure to believe everything he says and consider him a reliable source. If Charlie Manson gets a blog, be sure to check it out, because the source doesn't matter.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 10/26/12 - 07:40 am
You have to understand.

The left cannot survive without lying. From the naacp and patrick moran ( son of U.S. Rep. from Va.) instructing "constituents" in voter fraud, to harry reid, tom daschle and obama lying about someone's character. The left and "main stream media" are going to force a revolution. The "Civil War" will look like pitty-pat.

InChristLove
InChristLove 10/26/12 - 07:40 am
RA, I find it bordering on

RA, I find it bordering on the lines of dishonesty when someone uses a "youtube" video that takes comments a candidate makes....oh say 20-25 years ago and compares them to comments a candidate made recently to prove that candidate has flip-flopped on their views. I do believe that we are all humans and none of us are robots and over the course of sayy 20 or 30 years our views sometimes change with maturity.

I'm more concerned with what a candidate has said and their views they have maintained over the course of say 10 years and I believe that Gov. Romney has been consistant over that time period which shows maturity......I can not say the same for the President.

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 10/26/12 - 07:51 am
Presidental Candidates =

Presidental Candidates = different sides fo the same coin.

Chris 232
Chris 232 10/26/12 - 08:01 am
Stop your whining already

Just another temper-tantrum from a right wing cry baby whose party is clueless. I wonder what Mr. Benedict's ultra fundamentalist alma mater, Liberty "so-called" University (their "science" department, b.t.w. teaches the world is only 6,000 years old) has to say about Romney's religious views? Mr. Benedict is quick to cast stones at the Muslim faith but turns a blind eye to the fact that Romney holds membership in a cult that was founded by a convicted felon and con-artist. It will be amusing to read Mr. Benedict's rants after Obama defeats Romney. I can hardly wait.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/26/12 - 08:01 am
"So if I post from the

"So if I post from the DailyKos, Media Matters, Alternet, etc. you'll take what they say at face value?" I will.....if the statement has value. If not, I won't just attack the source as you seem to do, I will point out what is wrong with the content of the statement. Even daily kos gets it right from time to time.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 10/26/12 - 08:02 am
"I find it hilarious, since

"I find it hilarious, since many of the right wing posters on this site have a fit if you use Factcheck.org, calling it a left wing biased site, blah,blah, blah."

No...the problem is that just because they call themselves "factcheck" does not make them immune from lying or being wrong.

Jane18
Jane18 10/26/12 - 08:07 am
Techfan's smart-aleck remarks

I was alright while reading the comments, but, when I read "right wing redneck heaven", it made me angry. First of all techfan, you can call us right wing, it's better than left wing, but do not use a term that came from honest, hard-working people years ago, and now you use it in a hateful, condescending way. And no, there is no heaven here on earth(NOT YET)! So, as smart as you think you are and very well may be, pick your words more carefully!! There are some of us that take offense to words that descibed our ancestors, and people like you throw them around with little or no thought. I've said it before to you on other posts, Shame on you techfan!

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 10/26/12 - 08:10 am
humble angela**as one who

humble angela**as one who recently had a post tagged and removed i emailed the paper stating that it appears ok to call us racists etc but if you step on their toes ever so lightly they cry foul..personally i dont care what they call me..my post was ..1234 shut the door your no moderate. unfortantly i addressed it directly to a poster who is no moderate but a liberal about not making up his mind yet..while slamming rommney and praising obumler..

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 10/26/12 - 08:13 am
as my granddad told me years

as my granddad told me years ago..there is no one more intolerant than a self proclaimed tolerant liberal..are red necks from northern minnesota?? or are we called somthing else..

faithson
faithson 10/26/12 - 08:21 am
It's all about hearing what U WANT, not what IS

"What kind of case has Mr. Romney made for himself?" the editors ask. "The sad answer is there is no way to know what Mr. Romney really believes. His unguarded expression of contempt for 47 percent of the population seems as sincere as anything else we've heard, but that's only conjecture." and if you see 47% of your fellow Americans as ingrates, so be it.

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/26/12 - 08:31 am
Techfan 10/26/12 - 09:22 am

"The phrase "redneck" ceased to be a reference to farmers long ago."

Yeah, it applies to golfers too now. I'll show you mine if you don't believe me.

faithson
faithson 10/26/12 - 08:39 am
Bible belt redneck

U might be a redneck; if you stand in front of 35 trophy deer mounts and say; “All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell,” and finish with; “I don’t believe that the Earth’s but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says.”
Just sayin'... many on these boards voted for this guy and will do so again in Nov. !!!

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/26/12 - 08:37 am
Humble Angela 10/26/12 - 07:32 am

Well, if that little out of context quote is the standard used to judge a man's religion then it's fair to say that this race IS truly historic.

It would mean that it is the first time Americans of either political stripe would be voting for a non-Christian to be President.

Makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy, don't it?

Techfan
Techfan 10/26/12 - 08:37 am
I had a nice long list

I had a nice long list debunking pretty much everything Lee said but got the Windows closed and reopened the page stuff that windows is know for. A summary, most is Lee's opinion. Most of the rest has been debunked on other sites, although they do show up in the comments sections under the right wing loony bin sites. If you believe anything that comes from WND, Pamela Geller, or the like, it does no good to argue. You're too far gone to face reality. I do have to make one last comment on Lee's letter before I sign off. His comment on Israel, "the only other country whose people would die for America" is exactly backwards. Israel would be happy for Americans to die for them, and pay them billions of dollars for that privilege, not the other way around. Perhaps Lee should look at the coalitions in our recent wars to see which countries would be willing to have people die for us. From what I've found it appears that Israel is willing to have to most spies caught in the US. Either there's a lot of them or they're lousy spies. I doubt it's the latter. With friends like these......