Who won debate? No one

First of all, I love America. Now that you know that, I want to say that the second 2012 presidential debate was sickening.

There were several very good questions asked. Neither candidate answered a single question. Mitt Romney and President Obama skirted every question, went off in a totally different direction and never addressed the question. I was so excited about this debate that I had pen and paper to take notes. I ended up drawing stick people and doodling.

It was pathetic that these two men continued to bash each other instead of giving honest answers to some great questions. I just wanted one of the folks in the town hall to stand up and tell them to grow up and give America some answers.

People who are undecided still will be undecided based on the poor performance Tuesday night. All they did was criticize each other for two hours. I guess it was two hours, because after one hour and 30 minutes I turned off the TV. That was all I could stand.

I wish we had someone else on the ballot who could participate in these debates. I am going to vote, because voting is a wonderful right as an American. I just wish we had someone worth voting for.

Larry Lynn

New Ellenton, S.C.

YeCats
YeCats 10/17/12 - 10:44 pm
Our government mirrors us.

Our government mirrors us. On the job, at church, or around the dinner table, what do we agree on 100% of the time? Old-young. Black-white. Male-female. Republican-Democrat. North-South. Clemson-Carolina. Carolina bbq-Dukes. As a free people, we just don't agree.

So there was a little dust up last night. They both were over coached, prepared. Except for folks watching Honey Boo Boo, the whole country is watching. Questions didn't get answered. Moderator did a bad/good/impossible job. Yet, I think, both these guys believe they can do the best job for our country. And its a process. The majority will speak. And sometimes we ain't it.

One of these men will represent us. 30% of voters who were poled, agree with you about the debate. It takes all of us, to make the US the greatest country on earth. Good on you, for sticking with it!

"E pluribus unum"

allhans
allhans 10/17/12 - 11:31 pm
I sincerely hope that the

I sincerely hope that the debate next week is more civilized. I realize that Obama's base loved it, but I found it distasteful and beneath the dignity of the office of the president of the United States. The confrontational style left me cold. I talked with several friends that seems to feel much the same way.

I think that Candy Crowley used bad judgement and I'll bet she learned a valuable lesson.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/17/12 - 11:51 pm
break-neck or slow boil?

Well, the fact of the matter is, both parties have gotten us into a fine mess. We have but two choices.

One will take us there at a break-neck speed. The other will continue the “slow boil”.

I'd really like to believe that the “slow boil” candidate will turn things around, but that is just wishful thinking.

Until we, as a people, reject the “establishment two”, we will continue to get what we deserve.

Alas, there is no serious intellectual choice at this point, slow boil beats break-neck every time!

burninater
burninater 10/18/12 - 12:16 am
Alas, there is no serious

-------
Absolutely, Young Fred. In a choice between slow but steady improvements vs a return to the policies that wrecked our economy at break-neck speed, this voter is going to have to stick with what's been gradually pulling us out of this mess.

Young Fred
Young Fred 10/18/12 - 01:17 am
burn

Well I guess it's just a matter of interpretation.

I take it that you believe the current administration is “...pulling us out...”. You go with that man!! Nothing quite like a little positive thinking mixed with unrealistic expectations!!! Who knows? “Your guy” may be the savior they've/you've made him out to be.

Then again, those of us that live in “real-ville” might just hedge our bets.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 10/18/12 - 03:35 am
Well obama got caught in some

Well obama got caught in some more lies if that helps any ones decision. I wish he would have had more time to explain fast and furious. He got lucky with that one.

KSL
KSL 10/18/12 - 03:37 am
More time equals

More lies.

KSL
KSL 10/18/12 - 03:45 am
And I am no longer certain

That he is mentally capable of knowing when he is lying. His mental illness is so greatly apparent now.

wayne2410
wayne2410 10/18/12 - 04:54 am
How in heavens name could

How in heavens name could someone think we are pulling out of a mess is beyond me. If you take off your partisan colored glasses you would see this country is heading for an economic cliff, all the economists recognize it, most of the citizens feel it. The only folks who do not see it is the partisan blind who seem to think Obama is some sort of messiah. A dose of reality would do these folks some good though when you wake up to reality you may find it very troubling.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 10/18/12 - 05:33 am
nofanofobama
nofanofobama 10/18/12 - 05:45 am
romney tried to a have civil

romney tried to a have civil debate...but he was pitted against a candidate who turned the clock back 4 years and tried to act like he was running against bush and had no record to review. he always wines its someone else, . he interrupted, he lied, he ran from his record and a moderator who interjected herself to his advantage in the debate and then admitted she was wrong later. obama recieved more time plus had help from the moderator and stll lost..why ..he has a record now and its a indefensiable record, he promised and promised and never worked to keep those promises..even the 2 so called signature pieces of signed, obumler care and stimulus was left to pelosi and reid. he is an empty suit and even when the deck is stacked in his favor he stll cant win.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 10/18/12 - 06:13 am
Rule #1 In journalism - Day 1 in class.

NEVER become part of the Story and a majority agree the moderator did just that.

I have heard more about her screw-ups than the debate in the last 36 hours.

Some say that it was part of deflection or Obama fail safe protection plan, put in place by the Teleprompter. I am not going there.

But it was really poor journalism for such a senior level reporter in her position to have done.

Watch her employment / Career from here on.
If she is well taken care of, it will point to who supported her actions.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/18/12 - 06:54 am
President Obama won

I suppose, but not enough to move the needle in any polls I have seen. Still too close to call. But, the President and his admirers must be in shock. Surely they figured this election was going to be more of a coronation than the dog fight it has turned out to be.

jack234
jack234 10/18/12 - 06:57 am
As an independent I think our

As an independent I think our president inflicted a gut wound at the debate. What a comeback. The polls will be jumping soon. I want to thank our president for keeping us safe for 4 wonderful years. No attack within our borders. One big attack was foiled yesterday. This happens day after day. Thank you, Mr. President for a job well done. I was not one to blame Mr. Bush for the attack on his watch. Again, as an independent and a member of an independent group that has endorsed our president we just want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 10/18/12 - 07:00 am
I thought the debate was a brawl

They were like school children. Again no one said anything of any substance.
I think I'm going to vote for Grover Cleveland.

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/18/12 - 07:32 am
Sorry Jack

Gallup, post debate, has Romney up 51%-46%. Hang in there. As a independent, you must keep the faith.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 10/18/12 - 08:24 am
Are you still undecided?

I can't believe that some say they can't make up their minds and are still undecided. Never has there be a more clear difference in the two candidates. One is raising taxes and one for cutting taxes. One is for bigger Federal government and one smaller. One thinks Obamacare is great and one wants to repeal it. One is pro life and one anti life. One wants to be energy independent and one want to stop production in the US. One is a free market capitalist and one wants to redistribite the wealth...etc The choice is clear....maybe the undecided should not vote?

allhans
allhans 10/18/12 - 08:30 am
Unemployment claims up

Unemployment claims up 46,000/48,000 last week. That voids much of the "gains" from the prior week.
Playing with numbers...

burninater
burninater 10/18/12 - 10:35 am
But, the President and his

------------
Too true, JTF. Dems thought the Republicans had this thing in the bag, and their new king would just be waiting in the wings. A lot of them are still pinching themselves that the Republicans would choose a candidate like Romney, whose financial success stemmed from the very predatory business practices that have been bleeding the middle class, and whose attitude towards women is so pathologicly skewed that after 25 years in business, he couldn't personally think of any women -- not ONE -- to include in his Gubernatorial administration.

Once again, Republicans are their own worst enemies.

jack234
jack234 10/18/12 - 12:00 pm
As an independent I will be

As an independent I will be encouraging other independents to cast their vote for Our present president who has kept us safe and not started any new wars. He is bringing the soldiers home as our Commander in Chief. Look like some people are just going to be mad for 4 more years. Look like the republicans would have accepted the 999 man but not one that thinks for himself. If the republicans are going to support you, you have to act a certain way. Don't bring any "cool" to the whitehouse. People have to be who they are, not act the way you want them to. That Ann C. is always criticizing our president coolness. Evidently she has been sheltered all her like and never had to adapt to the ways of other people. She feels uncomfortable and out of place unless she is in her own comfort zone. She doesn't adapt well to new environments and doesn't feel like she has control. This is a new day, adjust. Thank you for your attention as I attempt to educate more people. She is comfortable around 999 because he is busy smiling in her face. Class dismissed!

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/18/12 - 12:02 pm
Really?

"Dems thought the Republicans had this thing in the bag,". Either your sarcasm button battery is low or you don't spend much time on this site. Ha.

F4therTime
F4therTime 10/18/12 - 01:19 pm
First of all...

You are not a independent...you were not one in the last election. You are a tried and true liberal. Secondly, I don't know who won the debate but I can tell you who lost. The American people. Politics and politicians are so pathetic now it's sickening. No longer do we vote for the best candidate but the lesser of 2 evils. What our forefathers brought forth is not what we have staring us in the face everyday.

Jane18
Jane18 10/18/12 - 01:27 pm
Larry Lynn Voting

Actually Larry, we do have someone worth for-and someone Not worth voting for. And trust me, it is not the guy that jack234 worships! F4ther Time! You said the exact same thing I have been thinking !! What a coincidence!

Angie H
Angie H 10/18/12 - 01:31 pm
Jack123 says "No attack

Jack123 says "No attack within our borders. " You DID know that Fort Hood is in the United States, didn't you?

Also "He is bringing the soldiers home as our Commander in Chief."

Tell that to my cousin who his heading BACK to Afganistan....AGAIN.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 10/18/12 - 01:37 pm
allhans..up 46k ..but

allhans..up 46k ..but remember one state failed to report last week AND we had that national holiday that only federal employess ,bank and state employees get off.. columbus day..so we had 1 less day and 1 less state for reporting..would that be kinda picked up by the media if BUSH were prez..report came out the day of the vp debate..you where probably shocked as i was..the obumler economic miracle..

Angie H
Angie H 10/18/12 - 01:38 pm
If California's unemployment

If California's unemployment numbers don't count, then neither should their votes.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 10/18/12 - 01:42 pm
also embassies in foreign

also embassies in foreign lands belong to the embassy nation not the host country..therefore we had a co-ordinated attack on US soil.

Angie H
Angie H 10/18/12 - 01:46 pm
I think "as an independant"

I think "as an independant" is about the most absurd statement I've seen on this board.

Angie H
Angie H 10/18/12 - 02:08 pm
The only people who think

The only people who think Obama won the debates are the NFL replacement referees.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 10/18/12 - 02:17 pm
be nice to thee replacements

be nice to thee replacements

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...